Rome General /rg/- Based Romans Edition

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

>(House of the Citharist; below a drawing of a man with a large nose); 2375: Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzKHvoNWK2A
youtube.com/watch?v=MlNz-tF42QQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Appuleius_Diocles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I.10.2-3 (Bar of Prima); 8258, 8259: The story of Successus, Severus and Iris is played out on the walls of a bar: [Severus]: “Successus, a weaver, loves the innkeeper’s slave girl named Iris. She, however, does not love him. Still, he begs her to have pity on him. His rival wrote this. Goodbye.”. [Answer by Successus]: “Envious one, why do you get in the way. Submit to a handsomer man and one who is being treated very wrongly and good looking.” [Answer by Severus]: “I have spoken. I have written all there is to say. You love Iris, but she does not love you.”

Cuck by a slave

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=rzKHvoNWK2A

>I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

MGTOW fags

>VII.12.35 (Vico d’ Eumachia, small room of a possible brothel); 2145: Gaius Valerius Venustus, soldier of the 1st praetorian cohort, in the century of Rufus, screwer of women

The Chad Praetorian

I remember these literal shitposts, kek.

Reminder that non-romance languages are barberic

>III.5.3 (on the wall in the street); 8898: Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog

The virgin pussy licker

This

>pompey
not even once

wasnt rome itself much more conservative? i remember reading that ceasars infidelity was unpopular

>tfw 2018 Sup Forums is full of savages

watch out ceasar's cuck boy !

TRVE ROMAN BREAD FOR TRVE ROMANS

Iulius caesar was best. Reminder that Rome still lives

>implying your vulgar pigeon Latin is any better than Germanic.

>the average dude in the forvm

>muh based rome
You brainlets wouldn't be able to see a cesspool of degeneracy and immorality if it bit you in the ass.

CAESAR DID NOTHING WRONG

way better. much more civilized

SOON....

What us so great about Germanic?

>below a drawing of a man with a large nose
Oy vey!

>Sweden complaining about a cesspool of degeneracy and immorality

To hell with the Papacy!

>I.2.23 (peristyle of the Tavern of Verecundus); 3951: Restitutus says: “Restituta, take off your tunic, please, and show us your hairy privates”
Roman style sharpie in pooper. Savage bantz. Fucking kek.

I wish Graffiti was still this good.

Be gone snow nigger

>Gaius Valerius Venustus, soldier of the 1st praetorian cohort, in the century of Rufus, screwer of women
Fucking Romans man.

Nothing, but to pretend that having a Romance language is some sort of an achievement is a joke.

Portuguese/Spanish etc is to Latin what nigger-speak is to English.

Rome Lives... It was never dead.

>Rome

Ur still exists you mean.

>cross upside down
>does know that is a petrine cross
should have posted a better pick

>Duchy of Parma
The most delicious Duchy of all.

You expect the language to stay frozen and not adapt?

>you will never hang out in the gladiator barracks.... :(

>II.3.10 (Pottery Shop or Bar of Nicanor; right of the door); 10070: Lesbianus, you defecate and you write, ‘Hello, everyone!’
Calling out the shitposters. Wtf, have we changed at all as a species?

What a cock fest though. Ew.

I'd rather banter with ancient Celts and Gaels.

>and went to the brothel to fuck some exotic slaves

Not at all, my original point was that it's nothing to be proud of (just because Romance languages come from Latin) over that of other European languages since it's pretty much a devolved form of Latin.

nothing were are the same since the beginning, shitposting is older than most countries in our modern world.

>V.5.3 (barracks of the Julian-Claudian gladiators; column in the peristyle); 4289: Celadus the Thracian gladiator is the delight of all the girls

My ancestor.

How the hell is it devolved?

If anything French is evolved.

Thrace was filled with red-hair faggots so yeah that makes sense

A lot of gladiators were slaves.

And apparently it wasn't that big 2bh. Gambling with chariot racing and other forms of racing was though. Hasn't changed much in 2000 years.
Apparently a significant portion of Rome's population was slaves.
Barbarians the lot of them. Fucking savages.

>VII.9 (Eumachia Building, via della Abbondanza); 2048: Secundus likes to screw boys.

Roman Chris Hansen needs to visit Secundus

Keep blasphemizing Rome. The Church still grows.

thracians were balkanic natives and therefore had the same hair as modern balkanites, which is mostly dark

ancient greeks probably had different perception of what was red hair

>being a historycaly illiterate brainlet who jerks of to grand things
The barbarian virtues of the old romans had died before the first century BC, and if you belive that Rome beyond that point was anything to be proud of you are an honest to god idiot.

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1882: The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
Fucking kek.
>VI.14.20 (House of Orpheus); 4523: I have buggered men
Full circle.

Gladiator games were usually a part of celebrations, when time won a battle the slaves could be sacrificed, along with their animals, they could be killed in the thousands together

They even had naval battles in the stadiums

They could have games for months at a time

But hippodrome gambling was very cutthroat and all of Constantinople was either team red or team blue

>Roman Chris Hansen needs to visit Secundus
Greece had a bigger problem with them.
Though Nero loved his Traps. Roman Emperor Elagabalus was a massive self destructive faggot himself.

No it is dying in the USA.

They still have people who have since became atheist,agnostic, or joined another religion on their rolls to inflate their numbers.

They still keep sending me crap though I have not gone to church in years.

Fuck off Swedecuck Constantine the great would have boot fucked you irrelevant savages

Sorry I'd like to add a little caveat to the post you responded to, if you like rome post the death of it's virtue you are stupid. If you like the Dominate you have autism.

And people want to bring that back?
I want to never ever return to such stupidity. It's just fucking moronic ritualistic meme sacrifice.

I condemn it greatly. As a lot of idolatry. It makes people fucking ignorant of their reality, the opposite of what idolatry was intended for.

>Herculaneum (bar/inn joined to the maritime baths); 10675: Two friends were here. While they were, they had bad service in every way from a guy named Epaphroditus. They threw him out and spent 105 and half sestertii most agreeably on whores.
Jesus fucking Christ

Of course its dying in the us. your country is run by jews and jews hate The Church

>I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates dolls of silicon. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Romans had sexbots?

>VII.2.48 (House of Caprasius Primus); 3061: I don’t want to sell my husband, not for all the gold in the world
>tfw no traditionnal roman qt 3.14 wife that wouldn't give you up for all the gold in the world
why even live lads

>the barbarian virtues of the Swedes had died by the 1600s
>if you like Sweden as a post-independant kingdom then you have autism

>tfw find out my wife and daughter been raped and enslaved while I was campaigning in Gaul
I least I get a plot of land right?

THIRTEEN!

youtube.com/watch?v=MlNz-tF42QQ

>He doesn't bring back ten gallic slave virgins to make up for that
Do you like being a cuck?

>Anonus ! Don't leave me ! The legion can wait !

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Appuleius_Diocles
>Gaius Appuleius Diocles (104- after 146) was a Roman charioteer. A native of Lamego, Lusitania (now Lamego, Portugal)
> His winnings reportedly totaled 35,863,120 sesterces, an amount which could provide a year's supply of grain to the entire city of Rome, or pay the Roman army at its height for a fifth of a year. Classics professor Peter Struck describes him as "the best paid athlete of all time".
TSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The world of sports haven't really changed since then, too. It's amazing.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - HBO Rome is the best TV series I've seen in my life. Wish it ran for the original 4 seasons.

Pot, kettle, you know where this is going

>I've said it before, I'll say it again - HBO Rome is the best TV series I've seen in my life. Wish it ran for the original 4 seasons.

Damn right. Re-watched it last week for the umpteenth time, its like a fine wine.

Roman women were made for Celtic cock

>ten gallic slave virgins
Do not exist.

most gladiator fights werent deadly

I'm due a re-watch. Seen it god knows how many times myself but its been a year or so no.

Almost no Gladiator games how we visualise them were deadly.

two legions worth of SOVTHERN EVROPEAN BVLLS rape strong independent celtic queen
would you like to know more?

I'm talking about the ritualistic sacrifice.

ALL MOCKERY OF JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD SHALL BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE *makes handgestures* MINIMUM

Boudica was a savage fucking slut. Her genitals are the only reason anybody remembers her beyond her brutality. She was a failed military tactician, a failed rebel, a failed general and had skill only in the category of torture.

Lel. You know those scenes with Herod, they were building up the 4th season which was going to be about the rise of Christ? Shame they never got there. The Octavian storyline felt rushed.

You mean the same Brits that made Caesar shit himself several times and sent him packing home on multiple occasions?
Yeah I'm starting to doubt that the Romans ever had proper control over britain. That wall is a sign. I mean, yeah they traded with Rome and had some of the army there, but again, some of the US army are still in Afghanistan and Iraq, with ruins of their past remnants in Vietnam and Korea.
A lot of Roman history was biased propaganda user.

never watched Rome, should i?

>She was a failed military tactician
Mate, she was a last gasp of British independence in their struggle against the olive eating fucktards from the south who, for no fucking reason, invaded their home.

Then presumably you mean animals? Because unless you're talking about modern day cartels who've done that stuff, human sacrifice was very much illegal in Graeco-Roman culture.

Not symbolic either like the Christian ban on sacrifices after Justinian. Punishable by death.

brits aint shit. everybody knows that. he had to go back to secure his rule in Rome. Caesar raped you all

>I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.

>brits aint shit.
Brits were the only thing keeping Gaul from becoming a barbarian slave farm for a LONG time.

I finished watching it for the first time last night, yes.

Yes, it's great and mostly free of any kike subversion

Yeah but it's the Roman propaganda you also gotta watch out for.

I can't begin to describe how great of a series it is. You might not appreciate it if you have no prior interest in Roman history, but even then, the entertainment value is worth it alone but it's single handedly the best portrayal of Roman history to ever make TV.

She was a failed rebel who only excelled in torture. Roman occupation was a good thing if the well-being of the British Isles is your prior concern. The Anglo-Saxons weren't very proud of Roman legacy under the Heptarchy, refusing to live in Roman settlements is a good example, but it brought a level of technological and stately advancement which impacted Britain for centuries.

I mean you have to remember the first place Roman Republicanism was practiced outside of Rome was in England 1500 years later after the original Republic collapsed.

"So may all who engage in such lawless conspiracies perish."

you should cry more. brits were no diferent from barberians and got raped by Romans

>Caesar defeats local tribes from undeveloped shithole as a publicity stunt and sails back to recently subjugated Gaul
>"made Caesar shit himself several times and sent him packing home on multiple occasions"
britards really are delusional

>You know those scenes with Herod
im surprised he was arab

>they were building up the 4th season which was going to be about the rise of Christ?
please no. i had enough judaism with timon? or whatever that guys name was. I think they should have shown the life of a Celtic or Greek man in Rome. That would be more interesting

>Shame they never got there.
true it was probably the only historical series i know which was neutral and authentic. The Octavian storyline was quite good despite that though.

AND IM STILL FUCKING YOUR MOTHER

>The Octavian storyline felt rushed

It was. They were told series 2 would be the last so they fit the last 3 seasons into season 2. This in itself wasn't seen as a problem for any potential future series to have material as the writers said history had given them more than they would ever need. Such a shame HBO pulled the plug, but it was just too expensive.

They also think they were the best allies