>Horrible Pacing Issues
>Unlikeable Main Character
>Edgy Plot
>Edgy Villain
>Few screentime for important characters
>Some poor outsourced Animations

Why are you hurting yourself ?
Why are you lying to yourself ?

I liked LWA at first (Used to be an Akkofag) but after some of bad episodes especially Episode 21, its time to confess.... that LWA isnt that good.... and you should confess too.

Wise words from user

You're talking with triggerfags, who are mostly redditors and Sup Forumsermins. Your words will remain unheared.

Theres NO WAY someone would lie on a bait poll just to piss someone else off. Fuck off, there aren't even other boards on that poll

Thats no bait, thats the truth.

See previous threads

>unheared
English, Mikhail.

Oh come on, it's just one 'e'. It's just a typo.

Is the bot ok?

Do you want to CUM in SUCY?

I dont watch garbage, so i wouldn't know

>crossboarders
>doesn't list a single board

There's already one.

Little Witch Academia is a better anime than TTGL or KLK because it has a higher female to male ratio, and Akko is a better protagonist than Ryuko or Simon because she's cuter than Ryuko and Simon is a male.

>Cuter is Better

Fuck off.

Why do you type like an idiot?

what exactly do you mean "how do we save lwa"

we're not the writers nor the animators nor the directors

so what exactly was your proposal supposed to be other than "bitch and whine a lot just to blow hot air at something"

Yoko is worth like 1000 akkos.

He's right

All I wanted was fun adventures with weird surreal humor, not this retarded plot shit with a boring ass theme about "saving animation"

wow what the fuck happened to these threads

We need to ramp up the shitposting for the finale.

Also Sup Forums.

LWA Is wasted potential

It's a Trigger show, plus it's almost over, which means Sup Forums is finally here to watch and judge the whole thing.

You think it's a coincidence that the terrible threads started becoming more common once the LWA video game was announced and threads were posted on Sup Forums? It's not all crossboard posting, but a lot of it is.

This anime is one of my few 10/10 I don't give a fuck what Sup Forums thinks i like little witches

Wizard/ Witch hats are my kryptonite across all media. Anime, manga, vidya, it doesn't matter, if there are wizard hats I will watch/read/play it and enjoy it until the end.

>This anime is one of my few 10/10
Look at him and laugh.

I'M ENJOYING LWA AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME

This

Much better than the OVA. Easy AOTS. 10/10 fuck ya'll.

This, I don't know what it is about witch hats but they're awesome/cute and I wear one every time.

But I thought people loved it, I haven't watched it myself but it's only on my backlog because I watched the 2 OVAs and liked them, sad it hear it's not decent...

It is decent. There are just haters everywhere because it's not an over top show with crazy twists. It's a kid friendly show.

It's below average. The OVAs are far better because it didn't get stretched for too long. Thanks to that the MC becomes straight awful.

Is Akko trying to hide a boner?

The TV series isn't great, but I will never stop loving the OVAs.

Akko is so shit.

Or maybe it's because it's poorly paced and goes out of its way to ruin Akko as a character.

This thread.
>Being forced to use this thread after the real one dies

Triggerniggers are and ever will be retarded. LWA and Inferno Cop are the only decent shows it's ever produced. If you're saying that LLC is better than LWA then that's classic triggerniggerism. You have no taste and are just addicted to 'hype' and memes.

Report it.

>This anime is one of my few 10/10 I don't give a fuck what Sup Forums thinks i like little witches

For real, how terrible does your taste have to be to find this a 10/10? How low your standards? Even as someone who really enjoyed the OVA, I see this series as nothing but massive wasted potential in every possible regard.

After just defending it I am forced to reconsider. While it's good it's not even close to ten out of ten. It's a seasonal 7 and an archival 4.
The original film is an archival 7 which just goes to show how hard the decline has been.

why are you so upset about people enjoying a thing?

(Cross-thread)
Good one samefag now go back to your blog.

Really though I was pretty disappointed by how LWA ended up.
I loved the OVAs and there was a ton of potential for world building and character development but they have just focused ENTIRELY on akko and even her development has been practically non-existent.
She keeps going through all of these plots that are supposed to make her a better person but she hasn't changed at all since the first episode. She's still a gung-ho genki girl that doesn't think before she acts and repeatedly makes the same mistakes.

Because I am the best at enjoying things and you won't learn unless someone pulls you into line.

You forgot

>Hottest Fucking thread on Sup Forums most nights...

The TV series is fustrating as hell because it's ALMOST good. It has all the elements needed to make something truely great, a classic that'll stand the test of time and be looked back upon fondly as one of the defining shows of the 2010s.

But they're fucking squandering it. Akkos airheaded Naiveness was endearing in the OVAs, but the anime ramps all of this up to fucking 11 which makes her come off as obnoxious, selfish and retarded. She has not grown or developed in any meaningful way, she still ignores advice from her friends and Ursula. People like to point out that she's slowly getting better at magic due to practicing which was fine enough, but we're 20 fucking episodes into the series and Akko is essentially exactly the same as she was in episode 1.

That doesn't even change the fact that the show has horrendous pacing issues, and for a character driven episodic show it's amazing how they managed to make most of the side characters boring even within their own episodes.

I legitimately don't understand how you can fuck things up so hard. I loved the OVA's, and so far the TV anime seems like a bad fanfic to them.

sounds like you're actually kinda bad at enjoying things though

Pay attention, I will proceed to demonstrate with no place to doubts why this is one of the worsts animes to come from japan's studios.
I'll do this by carefully examinating every episode and with the skill of a brain doctor that conducts difficult surgery on diseased brains expose the tumor that is the LWA tv adaptation.

I want Hannah and Barbara to relentlessly bully Akko! I want them to pin Akko down and tickle her until she pees herself, I want them to shove their sweaty socked feet into her face! I want them to punch Akko in her tummy and only stop until she admits she'll never be a good witch!

>Horrible Pacing Issues
Sure. Yeah.
Bad taste is bad.
>Edgy Plot
>Edgy Villain
Light hearted children's show?
Yeah, fuck.
I didn't really notice.

the first thing to notice is that the tv LWA adaptation opens exactly the same as the first ova, except that where the ova made a effort to be subtle about Diana's attending Chariot's show, there it lingers for many seconds, giving the impression that she'll be one of the characters that have more focus in the anime.
This soon is proved false as after episode 3 she dissapears for many episodes, and then just appears reading books or doing the most irrelevant stuff.

>Literally "Its for kids" defense

How do we get rid of Sup Forums?

>Bad taste is bad.

I used to defend Akko, but she hasn't really grown or developed since the show started. It's frustrating, and the show uses her naveity and selfishness as a crutch to make the episodes story progress.

Seriously, Akko saw Croix's cubes in the Amanda episode and she just brushed it off with a "WELL, WHATEVER!" despite Croix being the only one to use magic like that. She should have been at least a little bit suspicious, but the writers are hacks and want her to still trust Croix.

You're just showing you inexperience. Disliking things doesn't stop you from liking things at all. Multitasking is more than possible, it's encouraged. It's like adding spices to your meal. The contrast between flavours adds to the overall enjoyment of the dish.
You just love eating sugar and have no developed taste.

Yeah as a fan of the OVA I feel a bit disappointed, sure some episodes have been great, but for every great episode there is one really bad. I wouldn't say it is a bad show, just the OVA set a really high bar so we all came into it with huge expectations.

>Horrible Pacing Issues
25 episodes sound like a lot to tell a story, but I see where you are coming from because everything is about to unfold in 4
This is untrue, I like Akko a lot. My only critic to it is they spent a lot of time developing her growth in the form of the "words", each word represents something she experienced and learned about (like patience), but every new episode we can see those go down the drain because Akko reverts to 0, like I said I really like "baka" characters, and Akko is funny, but some of the stuff she does contradicts the very show itself!

>Edgy Plot
Disagree, the plot is not edgy, it's more melodramatic.

>Edgy Villain
Croix is a huge dork, her motivations are pure seething. I had no problem with that.

Yeah I don't like Sucy or even Lotte disappearing for no reason.
Every show gets their fair share of quality, but I would say LWA had way more better animation than bad.

Then a few scenes after we are again presented to three characters, two of them regulars who will be regulars, and one that will never again be appearing and was added just to delay Diana's introdution to Akko. Why? I can't imagine why she could't be there along the other two girls, showing her here could have saved the next episode some time that could have been better used to expand the plot and the characterization the characters.

Going back to the Chariot show, we are introduced to some weird creature eating the fairies Chariot has summoned. Is that part of the show? Are they dangerous for the people? Is never made clear, and twenty episodes later we still haven't been given any explanation about them.
Anyway, it allows Chariot to cast some fancy magic and then she just dissapears, leaving the people with a show that lasted like five minutes, I hope they got refund for their tickets.

>Seriously, Akko saw Croix's cubes in the Amanda episode and she just brushed it off with a "WELL, WHATEVER!" despite Croix being the only one to use magic like that. She should have been at least a little bit suspicious, but the writers are hacks and want her to still trust Croix.
Croix has never used the cubes while at Luna Nova or where Akko could see her do it.

I think Tattun confirmed it is NOT part of the show,It's one of Croix monsters she tried to sabotaged it with.

Also notice how young Chariot with the rod absolutely destroyed it, while this same monster almost killed her last episode.

Avery is really cute and I hated that she wasn't more regular, I don't think she ever interacted with Akko again

>25 episodes sound like a lot to tell a story
They've barely used any of the 25 episodes for any meaningful story development though. Whether it's regarding the development of characters or pushing the actual plot forward, LWA TV has done very little. You could honestly cut out half of the epsides and lose absolutely nothing.

It honestly feels like all the episodes were written at once with no idea where they take place chronologically, and then randomly slapped together in some sort of order with the occasional rewrite to reference what was happened so far in the story.

>Akko
I liked akko a lot too, but lets face it user; she hasn't grown at all since episode 1. And while her selfishness and idiocy as the catalysts to the episodes plot, at this point in the story it's just obnoxious and tiring. Like seriously, why the fuck did she snap at Ursula at THIS point in the story? Ursula has done nothing but help Akko and be there whenever she needed her. It's like the writers just wanted a reason to cause conflict and resorted to playing up Akkos stubbornness to cause it, her expense as a good character.

I don't think that the plot/croix is edgy though, I agree with you on that.

Anyways, those five minutes of show were somehow enough for Akko to decide to become a witch and work towards that dream the rest of her life. That's just nonsensical and no amount of suspension of disbelief could justify it.

There she's longing to go to Luna Nova, and it will take another five minutes of screentime because she somehow forgot to investigate how to reach the school campus. That wasted time could have served to include more adventuring and magic.

Pretty much. It's safe to say that the only thing that's changed about Akko since the first episode is that she's now somewhat competent in transformation skills. Though what bothers me more is how shallow the relationships between all the characters are. Despite the implications of a strong friendship, Lotte barely shows any support for Akko's dream, Suzy is still a sociopath who's only moment of showing care for Akko was following a montage of horrible things she did to her for fun, and Akko still completely disregards her friend's concerns and advice in favor of her own desires.For some reason Ursula still won't spill the beans about her identity to Akko. And after getting a two episode arc devoted to her, Diana still isn't treating Akko any differently aside from other characters remarking that she seems to care.

And I'm fed up with this boring words plot. I thought some plot might help the show since the SoL aspect is just very okay, but it's just a cookie cutter "collect things in order to obtain powerful thing" that manages to stay vague because it's all just magic. And while I don't have an issue with Croix's overall motivations so far, on an episodic basis I'm sick of it just being "Croix does something bad so she can study emotions".

Go watch Flying Witch or Witch Craft Works then. Even for its subgenre LWA TV has been a huge disappointment.

did this show go through a twist?

*Blocks your path*

Then she meets Sucy, who in the tv adaptation has her socyopathic inclinations exagerated beyond any rational, they made a interesting trait into something that again breaks the suspenssion of disbelief, because no one could be able to befriend a person that tries to murder someone she just meet just because she finds it annoying.
And then there's another thing that will be forgotten for twenty episodes, the scar in the moon, that somehow is not noteworthy for anyone to mention ever again.

Not him but for me it's the fact that she doesn't tell anyone about them whether she knows who's behind them or not.
Someone/thing just took over some guy and tried to kill her and her friends and she just brushes it off.
You shouldn't be brushing off an attempt at murder.

It must be easy for Barbara to block a path with that huge BUTT

The sad thing is that this show is going to be LWA's everlasting legacy. A 5/10 that's the very definition of wasted potential.

The show you hoped the TV anime will be is never going to happen. This was triggers one shot and they blew it.

Isn't there word about they wanting to make a S2 in the future? I hope with this plot out of the way they can deliver.

She's like that in LLC though. That's just Sucy and Akko is just that stupid.

If there a S2 I'll happilly watch it, but I really feel like how underwhelming the series has been thus far will sour a lot of people to it.

After being tricked again by Sucy Akko is left alone, meets the bullying girls and after an attempt to get to Luna Nova without a broom she meets Lotte, who will become invisible in the second cour. There's really no point in Akko befriending either Sucy or Lotte since the overarching plot only involves Diana, Chariot, and Croix, who won't be introduced until thirteen episodes later. All of her adventures with Sucy and Lotte end up being just filler, sometimes midly entertaining, but otherwise just bland and a chore to watch, as they both are very plain characters that never go beyond thei poor characterization, one likes mushrooms and is a bit crazy and the other is boring and don't want to get in trouble.

>involves Dianna, Chariot, Croix and Andrew
Ftfy
Honestly all the second stringers having magical SoL adventures sounds like what would have fit the tone of the OVA and film.
(Sucy, Lotte, Const, Amanda, Frank, the bullies) they're all the 'we had to include them because that's how we imagined this setting but we wanted to make this series more action focused so we forgot about them' category.
>half competant akko struggles to up grades
>frank and lotte nonsense
>amanda and const nonsense
>Sucy autism
>something happens to one or many of them
>magical adventure ensues but nothing to grand, just something on the scale of the fish teacher episode
Too easy.

After that Akko causes the three of them to fall into arcturus forest, and there we're introduced to Ursula, who apparently keeps vigilance on it. So she hurries to Arcturus forest to check what happens.

I love LWA, but OP makes some good points. Akko is braindead and none of the other characters save for Diana have been developed at all. Croix is also a really bad villain. I'm still enjoying the show though, but it could have been way better. If we get a second season, I hope they make it entirely episodic

gib ursula/chario

i don't know exactly why but i think this is actually going to be popular when it airs in netflix, i know is garbage and dissapointing for us who watched the original ovas but it is actually kinda appealing to normalfags

Back in the forest Akko is tricked again, and really nothing interesting happens, this whole sequence was just put in because Akko needed to get the Shiny Rod to adavance the plot. This is specially awfull because it really just appears infront of her, and then she somehow decides to go help Sucy, but doesn't even attempt to use the rod, even knowing that it is a powerful item.

Thanks, I totally forgot to mention him.

Then we are again presented with a rehash of the first ova, Akko using the rod as Ursula recites the spell with her.
And they scape the forest, I guess Ursula had to deal with the cockatrice, but as she appears pretty much unscatted in the next scene at luna nova I guess she just escaped.

>There's really no point in Akko befriending either Sucy or Lotte since the overarching plot only involves Diana, Chariot, and Croix, who won't be introduced until thirteen episodes later
This is the single biggest issue I have with the show. Why spend an entire cour making us like and care about characters if they're going to be completely irrelevant in the second half? Sucy in particular had/has a lot of potential to be a great character, but she's averaging like one line per episode ever since cour 2.

If Akko for no reason shouting at Ursula when she's done NOTHING but help her in one of the last episodes of the series doesn't raise eyebrows for some people, well, I don't know what to say.

She's learned nothing, developed in no way shape or form, when fucking literally the whole thing with the words is she's growing to be a better person and witch. She hasn't got ANY of those 'qualities'. She learns 'patience', then next episode she bumrushes in to Diana's business without a second thought, not thinking through anything as usual.

The sad thing is I really want to like this series, but they really didn't try at all. They've meandered about and done nothing coherent with the 2 cours they've been given, stringing along from event to event.

The most enjoyable part of LWA for me has been the threads on Sup Forums, they're fun. But most of the criticisms directed at LWA are absolutely valid, it's just a shame that they're not brought up more often in the main threads.

Those who have lost their YAY. It's a shame they didn't have their own Akko to save them like she did for Diana.

I knew the show was dead when they shoehorned boys into it. Andrew is the worst thing to happen to the series.

Losing your yay is an essential part of growing up. You can replace your yay with more subdued contentment or you can be bitter. Either way you're not a faggot.

But Andrew has barely been in it, or has done anything worth noting so far. LWA's issues are greater than Andrew.

That's an accurate critiscism, this shows screams "made for normalfags" at every aspect.

The final sequence is the three of them arriving at Luna Nova just as the entrance ceremony is starting. Then we cut to Akko being walked to her room, and being warned that she'll be under observation.

The episode ends, and we only got to watch Akko walking aroun town and then falling at the forest, the school setting is not explored at all, but I guess that as they won't be spending much time here (they go to town for most of their adventures) that really doesn't matter.

All in all is a really badly paced introduction to the story, the setting and the characters. The only point of this episode was giving Akko the rod.

This is why I think they should have made the show completely episodic, with mostly fun episodes mixed in with an occasional monster of the week. Akko's retardation wouldn't be a problem then.

Then the episode ends with the opening, which outright lies about everything on the show is about.
Akko never flies a broom.
Andrew looks like an man in his late twenties.
Woodward looks ominously over everyone, but again won't be present until late in the anime, and won''t even interact with Akko more than once.
Croix appears for a brief moment looking much more ominous and dangerous than she'll ever bee.
I agree with some of you.

> learns 'patience', then next episode she bumrushes in to Diana's business without a second thought, not thinking through anything as usual.
Honestly I think that all the LWA episodes were written with no idea when each episode takes place, only to be slapped into an artibury order for the anime. It'll explain why Akkos character jumps all over the place.

>the school setting is not explored at all
Well it seems like this didn't changed that much.

Other than polaris fountain and the blue moon abyss or whatever it was called, nothing else in the school was explored.

And yet- Frank is the best thing to happen to the series. You're idea seems to have hit a road block.

Honestly LWA is the first time I ever considered resorting to reading fanfics. I love the characters, the setting and shit... but the anime is really squandering all of them.

>first time [even] considered
Somehow I don't believe this. Either you're super young or lying

At the end of episode two we get to watch the ED, which in a series of still images manages to look much more entretaining that any of the ideas or plots presented in the anime proper. They even change some still images in the next episodes, which made me hope they'll do with every episode. but then they just used it for like three of them, and commited the terrible mistake of not putting the stills corresponding to episode 13, which where actually relevant as they explained what happened after samhain festival. You had to go to twitter to see them. That just speaks of the low production values this anime has.

>Horrible Pacing Issues
Yeah, this is probably it's biggest flaw in my book
Opinions
>Edgy Plot
How is the plot even remotely edgy?
Such as? The pacing of the show is what's making everyone else in the show feel pointless to begin with.
Still manages to look better than most shows that aired this and last season.

I haven't seen the OVA, it's been sitting in my backlog forever. I feel like this show's main issue is pacing. Damn near every character blends too well into the background with their shallow as fuck character development. Hell, even Akko's development is pretty mediocre compared to Diana's.

They could have gone three different ways to help the pacing in my eyes. Either give the rod 3 words and made it a 12 episode series, remove the entirely pointless first half of the show and start with shiny rod bullshit, or make the show 30+ episodes. 24 episodes was retarded with the first half being almost nothing but filler.

That being said this show is still pretty alright in my book. A solid 5 or 6 outta 10. The characters, while kind of pointless aside from Akko, are pretty enjoyable, same with the artsyle.

There are some great ones, I suggest you look for some. Is sad that even tumblr tier writters understand the characters better than the writters at trigger.

Episode two opens with Akko remembering the adventure of last episode, and checking the rod to see if it wasn't actually a dream, despite having spent the whole previous night talking about it to Lotte and Sucy.
Anyway, Akko is instantly bored with the classes, but they need to waste many minutes presenting the various classes, despite the point being made clear after the first one.
Then the action jumps to the cafeteria where Akko complains openly that her dream school is disappointing.

>godtier character designs
>fluid animation, best explosions in industry
>good music
There's nothing more I would like from the side of art.
>meh plot
If trigger hired someone who can write for once they would really be the best studio out there.