This is fucked up

this is fucked up

He ends up with best girl in the end and they get married ten years later

I'm glad broccoli-bro got with such a great girl, they really deserve each other.
MC really needed to mature hard before deserving any happiness.

If you make it through all the despair it has ahappy ending. With a really nice girl.

I forgot he had a sister

Never understood the butthurt behind this. He had a one sided thing for her while she never saw him as anything more than a friend. And Broccoli was a bro from start to the end. Even when MC was ostracized and looked at with disgust, he still reached out to him.

Besides MC got a better girl in the end anyway.

>they get married ten years later
When did that happen? I read the whole manga but I don't remember the part with them getting married, only them sort of hooking up, suggesting it would go places.

>Never understood the butthurt behind this. He had a one sided thing for her while she never saw him as anything more than a friend. And Broccoli was a bro from start to the end. Even when MC was ostracized and looked at with disgust, he still reached out to him.

Broccoli was a total bro but it wasn't really beef with Brocco that everyone had. When we first met the MC he was a total piece of shit, so to finally see him develop a good relationship with a girl he likes and even want to be a good person thanks to her (refusing to continue doing the fap pranks) gave everyone a good underdog feel, which then felt like it came crashing down when the driving force for this character's change was immediately lost. It was more of a "Fuck man! why did it have to happen like this?!" sort of feeling, rather than hate for her or the bro.

Happened here . These 4-komas were put out as a 10 year anniversary special by the author and artist.

>Nagoka cucking Nagaoka with Nagaoka

NAGAOKA, WHY

it's ok he gets best girl instead
What I especially like about this part is how the MC realizes at this part(and since he's our narrator, so do we readers) that it's actually really obvious for them to be together because he knows what his friend is like and the girl told him what qualities she values in a guy and how they match perfectly - he just never realized it because he was too focused on himself and his obsession with her
really cool

Because Nagaoka, dude.

First of all, everyone's self-inserting into MC to a degree, because we were all edgy teenagers once, so it's prefectly rational to hope that he can get with Takagawa, and feel the pain when she starts dating someone else. It means the MC was relateable and the audience was emotionally invested in him.
Second of all, if MC asked Takagawa out, she would have said yes, because he likely had a better chance than Broccoli-kun. As far as we know Broccoli and her had never spoken beforehand, but she new he was nice and was willing to say yes. I'm not saying she and MC had a super deep bond or anything, but they had been hanging out and sharing interests for a while now. And the fact that she would have accepted if MC asked her out, is just the icing on the cake, because once again his suffering is 100% his own doing.

>pic
That's hilarious. Truly they are the best couple.

I'd say people shared a lot of anti-social traits with the MC, just like in NHK and Umareru Kachi (the latter of which I consider the "bad end" route of OMK). Also, because that development it's what anti-social people consider as an inevitable "reality".

Not gonna lie, Takagawa totally acted like she wanted MC's dick during the library scenes. I don't blame him at all for getting all excited.

I love this picture so much

This user gets it. Had Broccoli not met up with her they would have most likely ended up together. That was a big part of the shock for it's readers. The way the story was going it was clear that the MC was changing and most likely going to go that route, so having that kind of bomb drop on us felt very unexpected.

Whoever says that Takigawa didn't do come onto Kurosawa is fucking full of shit. That "soulmate" statement pretty much gave the wrong idea, so that one's on her.

To be fair, he returned the favor by coming onto her stuff and being the man with the biggest balls in Japan.

nice pun

>Broccoli and her had never spoken beforehand
Can't be so sure about that. After all, the focus wasn't on them hitting on each other during the school trip, yet there was one instance I recall where it showed them in the background together, and it gave off a hint about something going on between the two.

Why? Because you happened to read the story from MC's perspective rather than Broccoli's? Imagine if Broccoli was the MC and she got with the terrible person who sexually harassed the rest of his class, over the genuinely nice guy who actually deserved her. MC didn't deserve a girlfriend, he deserved to be prosecuted. And he was stupid for expecting her to want him in the first place just because she was nice to him.

People who find fault with this are legitimately pathetic and retarded. Not an ounce of critical thinking, just sheer knee jerk emotional reaction from self inserting too hard.

Alright, when did you find out that your stuff was full of cum, user?

rage page? I was so mad that I had to stop reading for an hour when I reached this part

That was during the field trip where they became acquainted with each other. The manga made it clear that it happened some time during their special classes when they hit it off.

>And he was stupid for expecting her to want him in the first place just because she was nice to him.

The way the manga wrote her in chapters before they hooked up made it obvious that she would have hooked up with anyone who was nice to her, and that would listen. She wasn't a piece of shit like the MC was, but she was definitely insecure or something similar to his personality when they first met. The difference is that Broccoli wasn't as much of an introvert as the MC was, so he probably probably warped past her social link at a speed 3 times faster than the MC did, and got to hang out with her more. The MC stuck to finding whatever excuse he had to meet her at their reading spot. Broccoli was shown to be the life of the party and had no fears of calling on his friends. It was clear that if Broccoli had not met her the MC would have most likely hooked up with her (and probably never done the fap pranks again, or even admit to it), but Broccoli did meet her and he had the better social standing to actually push forward faster.

TL;DR: They both had an equal chance at hooking up with her, MC just knew her more so he had a better head start. MC's social skills were a 1 so he'd +1 their relationship every meeting. Broccoli's social skills were around a 3 so he'd +3 their relationship every meeting.

AWWWWWWWWW

Imouto's death was way worse, but I agree

Not really, he never entered into any kind of relationship with her. He just assumed, for some reason, that he could afford to procrastinate and she would never fall in love with anyone.