I loved Sailor Moon as a kid. Should I dive back into the show as an adult?

I loved Sailor Moon as a kid. Should I dive back into the show as an adult?

I think that's your own decision to make.

It does not hold up in any way whatsoever.

Are the movies any good? Never saw those.

>Are the movies any good
Don't make the mistake of trying to watch ANY dub just because you watched it as a kid. Especially the butchered english version.

Read the manga, starting with Codename Sailor V, and then the Sailor Moon series. There was a recent re-release that makes hunting it down a lot easier. Plus, you don't have to worry about bad dubs/animation that way.

And sure, if you still like it, check out one of the shows. Just don't expect it to hold up all that well. The original anime was fairly episodic, after all.

Disregard the retard above me. The anime is a big time investment, but it's better than the manga, and saying it "doesn't hold up well" is just fucking retarded. It's just as good now as it was then. S in particular is fantastic.

This is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL LIE
YOU LIAR GET OUT OF MY Sup Forums

It's a hard watch if only because there's a shitload of filler.

Dunno about that. I've been enjoying rewatching the series as I pick up the new Viz release BDs.

Dated it may be, I still have been enjoying it.

You know its being redubed with an accurate dub now, right?

Dub > Sub

Watch the 90s show first, then if you like that read the manga starting with Sailor V, then move on to the musicals, Crystal, and the live-action show if you're a big fan.

What would you do with a Mars?

>Should I dive back into the show as an adult?
Only if you don't use the show as your means to support your homosexual tendencies. Check out the Crystal episodes as they adhere to the manga story more.

Yes, the movies and specials are worth watching.

That's a dangerous question.

Dangerous?

Most dangerous.

Nah. Keep your good memories.

>Recommending crystal
>insinuating staying true to the source material inherently makes it a better experience.

no

I think so.