This is sacrilege

this is sacrilege

No, this is Guts.

Please tell me that isn't from the actual anime.

>screw you guys I'm going home

What the fuck were they thinking? Did they literally waste a week on a fucking flashback episode? before the berserker armor fight?

Seriously, what does Japan have against Berserk? Why are they so intent on killing any sort of adaptation for it? I don't understand

this is why the line separating 2D and 3D should never be crossed

>Screw you guys, I'm going home.
>waddle-waddle-waddle

Obvious issue aside, he looks a little skinny here doesn't he? Relatively of course.

Particularly the neck and lack of size and definition on the chest.

I heard that this season was complete shit but jesus, it makes Kemono Friends seem like an artistic masterpiece.

>cherrypicking
moefags detected

At least it's funny? You know, in a sad painful sort of way.

Did they just decide to give up before production began?

kek it looks fun
maybe I will watch this show

It doesn't make any sense how Berserk is doing so poorly. Etotama came out years ago and that show showcased perfectly that 3D anime can be done, they even showed models with more human proportions just to say "hey it doesn't just have to be chibi characters you fucking idiots" and 3D is still doing poorly.

Don't these studios at least share their process or pipelines? Or do they just keep it all a seekrit? I doubt they share how they do this shit otherwise 3D would've been more prominent.

it is.

Still my favorite so far

Post the one of Casca being pushed over like a mannequin by blondie.

Anime is meant to be low budget and with quick production, and that doesn't help cg work. There's also how there are bigger markets outside of the anime industry for cg people, like games and movies. Etotama's CG studio for example, after the shown ended, has mostly worked with movies and games.

>implying anything past the Lost Children arc is "holy"
Just laugh and enjoy it, it's an awful adaptation of a boring fantasy manga.

"BARK BARK...BARK BARK....BARK!"

Is that Dodonga?

>CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

why doesn't he ask other superior 3d artists for advice?

i love how his abs go up to his tits in the middle of this chest

Is that a droideka reference?

>They're no match for Droidekas!

Actually probably my second favorite

i dont get it
>the best mango there is
>gets some damn good anime
why the complain?

There's no way somebody with an IQ above 60 actually chose these sweeping camera angles

every episode is unique

will deliver results

At least Kemono Friends could hide behind being cutesy. We're supposed to take this seriously

Say what you want, you know it's some damn good anime.

Seems how characters walk in South Park

I really hope the production team is going through absolute hell with this. If for some reason they're either enjoying creating this or somehow proud of this, God made a mistake somewhere. No human being should look at Berserk 2016 with nothing other than disgust.

This is without a doubt the best comedic anime of the century.

I'm pretty sure you could do a better job in whatever the newest Illusion hentai game is.

best episode it was too funny, and sad, and funny

On the plus side, there was a lot of good CLANG

What's that puck?

How do you fuck up this bad? Seriously, it requires talent to make something this comedically shitty.

I'm cherrypicking out of a basket of cherries, user

Havent laughed this hard in a while, did miura piss off the yakuza, I cant explain why the berserk anime and movies are so awful

>the amount of people that this had to be OK'd by
>the amount of people that thought this was good enough

I can't believe it. I refuse to believe that they didn't intentionally make this trash. There is no reasonable explanation.

why does japan hate berserk so much

Clearly anime of the decade, guys. Let's be real.

Oooh.... Ohh nooo....

What happened? Was the budget really so much lower than the 1997 version?

samefag
also
>good
berserk goes for a serious tone, at least when it involves guts
watching the animation spaz out completely breaks any serious tone, it's fine for when isidro is rolling around but guts shuffling across the screen made me fucking gut hurt (ironically)

They know the West love it, and they know the left loves ugly animation.

>abs on chest

They managed to make it worse?

Any idea how it's being received in Japan? Are western audiences the only people tearing it apart?

Did they seriously just fade in the bigger Zod?

Those are scars, you mongoloid.

"Damn good anime" has been the show's ironic tagline ever since a Kotaku review said the 2016 version surpassed the 97 adaption.

>moefags
>implying berserk isn't moe
>using moe as a bad thing

this is some sentai bullshit

The animation is so shit, that it's such a letdown, a lot of people just aren't even talking about it anymore.

1st season was bad, but they just managed to make everything worse.

this looks like some shit out of darkest dungeon gmod tier ragdoll
holy fuck end my life pls

In between the bandolier type thing. They're not scars. They're shaded.

>implying this wasn't intentional to generate interest
A view is a view. There's a reason why people watch nascar, everyone loves seeing something bad.

They're probably just really over emphasized sinews.

When you get stupid ripped, you can see the texture under your skin

You just have to use your imagination!

Wait, that card.

why even do the show at this point?

>anime has devolved into puppet shows
D A M N G O O D A N I M E

>Generate interest
What? The only people stupid enough to watch this are the ones who would have watched it anyway

>CGI IS EASIER TO MAKE THEY SAID
>IT'S CHEAPER, FASTER AND BETTER
Why can't Japan handle fucking CGI?

>The God Hand appear before you
>they tell you that a perfect Berserk adaption will be made, but you have to sacrifice everything and everyone you love for it to happen

Would you?

I poked fun at the movie's animations at times, but Dear God, they look absolutely fantastic compared to this.

Of course
>mfw I have no loved ones

Joke's on them

I'm still waiting for the onsen episode

>perfect adaption
Can we cut out chibi Puck and guarantee a legit ending as part of the deal?

ure waifu gets raped by some monster hasjdakdkasjkka

I feel sorry for the voice actors.

They can pour their heart into the role, but the emotion is still being filtered through these facial animations. Or lack thereof.

Wait, nevermind.

you mean evolved.

Why is Berserk of all properties getting this kind of treatment?

It's not JoJo levels of popular but it's still pretty iconic, no? Does no one give a shit anymore?

how about I just direct a team myself?

Because you haven't killed yourself yet frogposter.

>and he waddled away. Til the very next day

Because you have no appreciable talent or accrued skill.

Basically, the reasons why you're not doing it now

Maybe someone involved in the rights was pissed, and sold them in such a way as to guarantee a shitty outcome to sour the grapes for everyone else.

What really makes it worse is that once in a while a shot will be hand-drawn, as if to apologize for the other 98% of bullshit each episode is composed of. But it doesn't improve anything, it only makes you dream of how decent it could look if anyone involved gave a shit.

>CAPTAIN LEVI?!

Go read the Manga if you want moeshit.

The pace of the manga slowed to a crawl for a decade, people dropped it and moved on. Even the Japanese. It probably has more American fans at this point, honestly.

Why do you quote like that?

What's it like being a fan of berserk?

It's not even that it's not hand drawn than the fact that it's so cheap.

It could be CGI and better than this, easily

depression got me, i can't feel anymore.

Planescape Torment had better CGI than this.

I just don't know what does Japan has against Berserk.

I'm almost daring to think that Muira's story would be better handled by some western studio.

>Ass doesn't even jiggle, or anything.

There is no soul in this project.

Fine, I'm a casual so the manga's slow updating doesn't bother me, I have spent a few hundo on berserk figures though, which objectively is probably a bad thing to do.