How to become animepro? How much anime i have to watch? im currently at 164 on MAL

How to become animepro? How much anime i have to watch? im currently at 164 on MAL

>164

fckng casul

shoo! shoo!

you're not even close!

u has to watch almost 500

How many have you watch?

help

I'm 300+ but I don't feel like becoming an anime pro is based on the ammount you have seen, but rather the ammount you can compare and accurately review

You're doing it wrong OP. To become a true animepro you can only watch a few shows per season after carefully analyzing everything about them - you're only allowed to watch certified GOOD shows. You must also shit on everyone who watches bad shows, and do all you can to convince them that they're watching bad shows.
In case you ever accidentally start watching a bad show, you must stick to the end with it. The only thing more shameful than having a bad show in your track record is having a dropped show in there.

Why would you want to be an anime pro? To fit in on Sup Forums? Don't know what you think this place is; most people here have powerlevels not much higher than yours

That's an old meme I haven't seen in a long time.

Once I got to 300+ I just stopped bothering with my list and only watch the good stuff each season.

depends on episodes too, like ones piece and connan have like 800 episodes

Doesn't MAL count OVAs/seasons/specials and even split-cours as different entries?
Having watched a wide range of series is more of a measure than watching all 70 seasons of Teekyuu

Same here, I've already seen the old masterpieces, and old mediocre shows are exactly the same thing as new ones. Might as well stay recent, and it's comfier to watch week-by-week anyway.

>MAL

You're already a dumbfuck, using an inferior anime listing service.

OP you have it all wrong, it's not the amount of animes watched but amount of time committed. I have 239 completed, 41 on-hold and 33 dropped, but what if I just watched a ton of short shows that are 20 minutes total or just binged on old movies!? Well the answer is simple, instead of measuring shows watched you measure days watched!

I have 77 days of my life solely dedicated to watching anime, that is two and a half months. This obviously sounds much less impressive than my figures mentioned above but atleast through this method all doubt is removed.

>Not keeping 4 different listing services continuously up to date
>Has zero backups or redundancy on the off chance their supposed "perfect" listing service goes the way of nyaa

>MAL

Bump

>inferior

Show me the path, master

I see

Yeah.
300 is right around when you can start calling other people's tastes shit.

Stop using MAL

What do you use to keep track if not MAL? An Excel spreadsheet?

MAL isn't doing anything illegal though, to my knowledge. If it did shut down, I feel like there'd at least be a word of warning.

That said, I'm definitely paranoid now so thanks.

sauce?

>tfw almost spent an entire year on anime

Lost interest around 250 and haven't watched anything except Kamen Rider and Precure for a few years now.

582 and I haven't watched much anime this past year, video game backlog is killing me.

What do you mean you're not using paper and pen? What kind of pleb are you?

>Not recording everything manually in a CSV file so that you can automatically generate perfectly formatted pdfs using latex templates that you can print out and put on your wall

>Mfw people are actually replying to this thread

>Stopped counting at 1.791 according to my Excel file
>That was like 4 years ago.
>MFW

Over 100 is the minimum requirement to even be on the spectrum.

LoGH is great but too long

summer is a myth, bruh.

Seven years ago it wasn't.

MAL is already dead to me. So, that's one less piece of shit to worry about.

Most new listing sites will have some kind of MAL importer built in, so its useful for the initial population phase. This only matters ofc if you are trying to maximize your coverage.

I sure hope your fancy proprietary unportable spreadsheet can calculate the exact amount of minutes spent watching because otherwise that 1791 figure means nothing

Uh, ok?

Bump

What listing sites does Sup Forums use?

Anything but MAL

MAL, but dont tell anyone about it.

MAL, but Sup Forums loves to hate it. Yeah the community is cancerous, but as far as logging shows, it works perfectly fine.

who the fuck even goes on MAL forums?

thats like reading imgur comments, you have to be a special kind of retard

.txt file, one for each year. There if no benefit to using anything else.
>it works perfectly fine.
It sells user data to third parties, as per their privacy policy.

I used to use a txt document but then I realized MAL is literally so much easier to do, and I don't have to worry about losing it. also what this guy said

>mal niggers
Sorry, once a mal nigger, forever a mal nigger.

What data? Honestly. If some company can find a way to make money off of knowing random person #123672 watched another episode of Lucky Star last night then more fucking power to them. They must be geniuses.

>It sells user data to third parties
who the hell cares if some third party knows what chinese cartoons I watch?

Any platform with any substantial userbase of demographic has data to sell to analytics companies, ad companies, marketing firms, etc. What "third parties" really means who knows, as it's a catchall and they have to be vague, because they can't just say "Listen, dumbfuck, using our service you agree to be spied on not-so anonymously, etc". Netflix, for example, mentions such third parties extensively, and makes it clear your non-anonymous viewing habits are theirs to sell. One of the very fine "features" of DRM. In such case, you can make the guess that it's film studios, analysts, marketing firms, etc who're interested in this data.
Not an argument. The fact is a plaintext file has all of the "features" of MAL with none of the downsides. That retards like you choose to use it and give their data is your problem and yours only.

I have bad news user
*you're brain dead*

>all these people with less than 500 anime watched
shit thread
shit posters

You misunderstand. The data they glean from me is not important to me. It's not personal. It's like getting upset someone is sitting in a security office in a building you enter. They're observing you because you're there. Does it matter if they're counting how many people enter certain rooms? No. This is not a secret. If you want privacy then anonymity is the best you're going to get on the Internet. Companies making money off of non-personal information is perfectly fine.

Dude, just use a throwaway email with a random string for the username. I'm a total freetard and not even I care about using MAL.

You're a paranoid retard. With Taiga my MAL is updated automatically. I don't even have to open a file let alone edit it and save it all of the fucking time.

400 cours of anime.

164 is low for Sup Forums standards but easily puts you within the 1% most weeb people on this side of the planet. Just keep at it and eventually you're going to each the 400~600 tier, along with most oldfags. The most hardcore of us have 1000+ but that's exceptional, really.

More important than how many shows is how many are you watching every season. If you pick up 12 or so every season they'll build up very fast.

I can hardly stomach 6 at a time most seasons. I can't remember the last time I actually watched 12.

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

Hinako Note and Sword Oratoria are kinda boring though, not sure if I'll actually finish them.

>tfw at 1248 animes

life well spent my boys.

what are ur favorite mangas?

>s

Shows watched is your main indicator, but it's definitely not the only one. Visual Novels and JRPGs also count towards the score.

I'm watching 30 this season

>The data they glean from me is not important to me
What exactly is your argument? How is that an argument for being tracked when you can choose not to be? The fact that you don't care is irrelevant.
>If you want privacy then anonymity is the best
Or, in this case, I can simply not use a service like MAL and lose nothing in the process.
>Companies making money off of non-personal information
No, that's where you're wrong, data mining is inherently personal. Google even has algorithms based on IPs, so even if you, say, used youtube with no account, no tracking cookies set, and with a dynamic IP, on their side they can accurately track you based on matched viewing habits. Then you have a myriad of browser fingerprints, stuff like websockets, tracking scripts (which most people don't disable), and so on.
There is no merit to using a service like MAL to the simplicity of a plaintext file.
>You're a paranoid retard
You're an ignorant retard.
>I don't even have to open a file let alone edit it and save it all of the fucking time
If you can spend ~240 minutes total watching a show, you can spend ~1 minute editing a file. If you're adding multiple entries, the time editing is even less as a ratio of the time spent watching. This is the stupidest thing I've read in a long while, that somehow editing text is cumbersome. But then again I'm a code monkey with Vim always open; who knows how difficult he average streamfag or VLC user find editing a file (apparently editing a config is too hard for most of Sup Forums, as given by their fear of mpv). Furthermore, if you do have to look up the show, any relevant studios, directors, etc, then this gives you a perfect opportunity to reflect on the show and its artistic merits, instead of blindly consuming seasonal tripe like you make it sound.

I'm only watch Anime whit a lot of fan service, and I not download just stream since downloads is a waste of space memory.

I'm just watched ~23 shows but im already an Anime pro

There isn't 30 shows to watch this season, or any other season, unless you're literally watching all the children's shows as well.

>MAL for ants

i liked lucifer and the biscuit hammer, and the pic i posted before was alright.

its just got to the point where i just watch and read random shit without even liking what im read/watching...

I never got this reaction image, the caption never suited the pic itself at all.

You become an animepro when you feel ashamed and sad of how much time you have wasted watching anime, so you stop counting the shows that you have watched and you don't have a backlog anymore.

I'm pretty sure that I have watched over 1k shows, and that was years ago, and if I add the time I have wasted reading manga and H-manga, I get more depressed.

I only use it for getting shows and picking out of the list

Kid anime can be good.

stop watching anime just because its anime you fucking dweeb

not all anime is good anime

No it can't. It's all garbage aimed at making children buy card games that will be forgotten next month, or get hooked on gunpla, or hooked on mobage, or something like that. The nips don't make cartoons for actually entertaining children, they only want to sell stuff.

Not that anime is much different anyway. Most anime are made exclusively for the purpose of expanding Light Novel and Manga sales.

>MAL
You'll never be pro

>not building your own personal db using open software

sqlite3 with python

once you past that threshold you realize that most of what you watched is shit too. then its just trying to find good stuff while wondering why you haven't stopped watching entirely, at least for me.

i never used a list. so i just forget all the shit. i literally watched a show for 2 episodes once before i realized i already watched it.

Anime pro to me is less about anime and more about how you can articulate what makes a show good, comparing said show to others, knowing the history of directors and key staff, etc.
If you watched 400 shows but retained nothing you are less of a connesieur to me than someone whos seen 250 but has the previously mentioned traits
Theres definetly a bar of entry though, probably would be 250 or at least somewhere between 200 to 300.

Anilist because its a million times more autistic than MAL. Can actually write proper notes, score from 1-100 and have other easily accessible stats. Website also looks a million times better.

I can't believe people like this exist. What are you even living for?

i have a little more than 450 so the answer is 450

>How much anime i have to watch?
1000 series.

Wrong. Watching more titles > watching more of one title. I guy who's watched 500 different OVA titles knows more about anime than a guy who's just watched all episodes of Bleach, Naruto or One Piece.

You are a pleb looking for excuses.

>while wondering why you haven't stopped watching entirely
I hit that point at around 900 anime watched.

>Anilist
>not AniDB
Found the pleb newfag.

This guy gets it.

>using tracking websites
>keeping track of directors and key staff members
>not just watching hundreds of animes because you like them
I just watch whatever I want and if I don't like it I watch something else
a show is good if I enjoy it
if you want to be a real pro you have to make money from it
"relating to or connected with a profession."
"engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime"
if you want to be semi-pro you just have to take it easy

The mark of an undiscriminating pleb.

>another pleb trying to find excuses for how little anime he's watched because he's seen all seasons of gintama and thinks that means anything

Source?