ITT: forgotten shows that don't deserve to be forgotten

Starting with the prime example. It's really weird that few cared about it in Japan or the West, even while it was airing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=acc5w__d1V8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not forgotten on /qa/, at least.

Why does that one tripfag like this show so much? It was nothing special but he keeps mentioning it all the time.

it was quite decent indeed, but i wouldn't recommend someone today to go watch it
it was good, but nothing special
the `sport' was dumb and made no sense whatsoever though
i suspect this was in large part why it flopped

I was slightly interested in this before it aired. Then I saw it was a VN and decided I might as well play that, saw there was a group translating it, and waited.

Several months later, I check in on the site and they cancelled the project and all the comments are angry as fuck.

Whatever, I guess.

For my own show I don't want to be forgotten, I'd say Majimoji Rurumo. It's shit, but I love it. I almost have the same feelings for it as I do for Clockwork Planet this season, but I love Majimoji more. If Clockwork Planet focuses more on the relationships between Marie/Halter and Naoto/RyuZu in these last few episodes, then it could get to the same level.

The adaptation was garbage.

The OP was good, though.

RIP retarded dragon girls

Shigofumi

>It's really weird that few cared about it in Japan or the West
why? it was bad

Every thread.

It was absolutely nothing. It deserves to be forgotten because it's a shallow adaptation that has no soul of its own.

toppest comf

Did No. 6 deserve to be forgotten? It's Bones and no longer famous so odds are it did, but maybe it's just because it's impossible to find on torrent sites.

Misaki was best girl

I can't believe I watched this piece of shit

I firmly believe this show would still be popular if not for ALI Project.

He's a shallow faggot that only picks up shows based on who is doing the op and ed regardless on how shit the show is.

eX-D

I can't believe I loved it

I dropped it 5 minutes in, no idea why I picked it up again but it turned into the funnest show

Nevar forget.

Fuck you faggot.

>It's shit, but I love it.
What? Blasphemy. Rurumo is love.

>ywn have a kuudere girl taller than you to protect you

Kuusen Madoushi

We always have threads for every magic academy battle harem but everyone just decided to ignore this one and I found it weird. I'm a firm lurker on this board but I actually made a couple of the threads for this anime just to discuss it with other anons, it felt lonely.

it's the most popular vn of its year with good art. the adaptation sucked

Rurumo IS love. But the MC ruined the show half the time with some of the dumb shit he'd do. But then a scene like in the webm would happen and I'd remember why I love the show.

The love between MC and Rurumo was genuine and I loved it, but the rest of the show was filled with the same shitty tropes we've seen forever.

Another show I love, but think is bad. The amount of likeable characters with unique costumes is great. I just wish it wouldn't get so serious/dramatic. It's not as forgotten as a lot of things in this thread though, since it's still being scanlated by some user here. Or they're at least posting chapters from it here every so often.

Some user makes a Rurumo thread asking people not to forget about her every six months or so. It's kind of sad, but I can understand his feelings well.

I miss Samurai Flamenco threads.

I also miss Golden Time threads.

Those were some good fucking days.

I miss when Golden Time was just a good manga adaptation and I didn't know how shitty it got near the end.

I dropped that on the first episode because I thought it was too formulaic even for battle harem standards.

>manga adaptation
It was a LN adaptation actually.
>how shitty it got near the end
Linda was, is, and always will be a lying whore who missed her chance. Koko best girl.

Rurumo was very similar to Henneko in character dynamics, but I'm sure the MC being way less redeemable is what killed its popularity. Still love both.

>It was a LN adaptation
I mean the manga, as an adaptation of the LN. The manga is what was being translated first, so it was our first look at the story, plus the LN translation that did eventually come out was awful. The manga was really good, I don't follow it anymore because the anime made me dislike the series though.

Here's an example. It's kind of a shame that even while it was airing it was never really popular.

>translation of the VN is suspended indefinitely

Oh. Weird, I just remember the LN being complete when the last ep of the anime came out, and reading through the manga but it not being complete. But that was awhile ago.

I fucking loved the anime, though.

Cause of the terrible animation and story you jungle monkey

I always thought this was considered a hidden gem on Sup Forums. I wish Sunrise did more anime like this.

Yeah I tried watching it for lovely Shiori Izawa but I just couldn't finish it.

I thought the translator quit because someone else picked it up?

You're making me want to watch Hentai Ouji despite not really desiring to. Guess I have a reason now even though I probably won't think it's close to Rurumo in touching my heart. But it's only 12 episodes, so whatever.

Won't get watched for another 17 years anyway, so.

Hopefully I can see what you saw in it, user.

You could read the reason on their website and not be such a stupid fucking tripfag

It's probably shit if the show is already forgotten when it just aired one season ago.

>scummy guy with a heart of gold falls in love with emotionless pettanko because of hijinks surrounding a magic curse
>variety of memorable side characters can't detract much from OTP's relationship
>comfy meandering plot
You'll love it.

i loved this show and i still rewatch it often. the strange thing is that i can't really say why. but top-tier taste user.

I want to fuck Momoka.

>Dropped once
>New group with bad mistakes/grammar appears
>Somewhat hopeful regardless
>They've stalled while they "get better"

Ultimate suffering.

Now you've got me hooked. Better not be shit, user, or I'll be sad. Because I couldn't like it as much as you thought I could.

Give me one good reason to watch Four Rhythm.

Why did people hate this again?

People hate it? I thought it was well liked. Liked enough to get a game after the anime aired at least. I personally really enjoyed it though I still hate the ending for obvious reasons. ;_;

Might been the most ambitious and full of love franchise made on recent memory, yet it got the Flip Flappers treatment. Is not fair that Kemono Friend got all the glory, not saying KF was bad, but Etotama deserved the popularity so much more is not funny, Etotama will live forever on my 3x3.

Well, I've seen quite a bunch of posts mentioning Plastic Memories in a negative way around here, so I figured maybe it's not very liked on Sup Forums.

I did enjoy the show too, though, despite some of its comedy being awful and the somewhat bland MC. Actually the ending was my favorite part, it managed to be both sad and heartwarming at the same time.

My two picks are Kuromukuro and Regalia from last year. People were so busy raging at Macross Delta/Gundam IBO that these two slipped under the radar. I know Regalia could have been a lot better (thanks Actas) but I have a soft spot for God Empress Yui.

>Doctor Who : The anime
>people forgot about it completely

Haven't finished Etotama yet but Flip Flappers got the Flip Flappers treatment because it went from fun to sad so fast we got whiplash.

>implying Doctor Who was ever this fun in this millennium

>shows that should've been made into a hentai ova instead of a tv series

Isla is cute.

Cute!

Didn't even realize this was Time Travel Shoujo until What a great show. Not the best, but definitely a fun show with fun threads.

Was this a short?

>It's shit
Meet me after class nigger.

It was gay as fuck so yes.

So it was like a Bones sequel but without the original that made us force our way through it?

>but I love it.

You and the other user both missed this part. It's one of my favorites, but I recognize its flaws. It's still lower than several anime that are my favorites where I don't recognize their flaws, but it's still a favorite nonetheless.

That show made me cry.

GOAT Isekai right here.

>flaws

Only flaw in Rurumo is that it didn't get a S2.

It was the best adaptation ever.
For those who sought generic harem/self-insert garbage, please do remember to euthanize yourselves.

That is true, but you know there's more than that, user. Accept it.

They really ended it in a shitty spot though. Just left me wanting so much more. I wish it were licensed or being translated at all. I just want to read more Rurumo.

I really want to find out more about how this one was made. Some of the episode directors were really really experienced, the ep. 2 director once directed the SDF Macross pilot and the ep. 3 director did Blue Gender. I don't know if that's standard, but the reason I looked it up was because it just doesn't feel like a seasonal harem at all, not just with the characters but with how the story's paced, how the camerawork gets shaky when Nobuna gets emotional, how we somehow get a feel for Monkey growing into a hero. It's incredibly watchable. I mean, look at any of the webms, there's a little sakuga here and there with enough camera work to make it feel like you're watching something much more expensive.

Such a shame the director just got Oda Nobuna and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi before he got shuffled back to Madhouse's back bench.

It's not Blade Runner enough

>Mami Kawada Lover
>Liking the last show Mami Kawada sang for
gee I wonder

Psycho Pass episode.

Because everyone was boring and even though you could see the ending from a mile away they acted like it was a twist.

But this is shit. Bad adaptation too.

youtube.com/watch?v=acc5w__d1V8

Everybody in Regalia had a dumb expression on their face. That said what really killed it was the studios perfectionist attitude.

The things I would do to Misaki.

Yeah, I think the direction in Oda Nobuna was one of the highlights of the show. Great pacing, and every episode was crucial to put the characters into dire situations and peaceful moments, and most of all I learned something about Sengoku period. I really wish there's S2 though as the teaser at the end made me crave for more.

Girls were cute.

TO BE CONTINUE!?
But seriously, why the fuck does this doesn't have more seasons? I mean, the anime adaptated the first two volumes of the series and the series have like 80 volumes, like, seriously, there must be a reason on why they don't make a new season, but I can't think in one.

C3bu Ops:The Line.

I still rewatch it every summer.

Why should it be? It was a fucking shit adaptation of a largely average VN beyond the art.

Even Walkure Romanze and Daitoshokan are so much more superior.

No, this one really deserved to be forgotten. Sabagebu is the superior survival games anime.

Because the goal isn't to make money on an anime (maybe they can't do that anymore?) but to get you so excited for the story you rush out and buy LNs. Apparently it works. Same for . Too bad for you if you want everything the adaptation added.

It was one of the best shows that season. Mashiro best girl.

I loved Sabagebu, but C3bu definitely deserves better than what it got.

They were made for different reasons. C3bu is a delicate late-Gainax flower that can only be enjoyed by elites.

HOZAKERU NA

Can't forget main heroine's yuri onee-chan who tries to fuck mc kun so he can stay from her lil sis

>Made in the 90s
>Non-standard shoujo
>Golden age Gainax
>Directed by Anno and Tsurumaki
>Anime was better than the manga and only fell apart because of budget and Tsuda
>Objectively at least 8/10
Why doesn't anyone care about it?

Not only that, we had an MC learning to expand his skillset beyond what he remembered from the games, we had Dousan being a shrewd old man who actually understands what time travel entails and tells MC that it's their decision to use the knowledge or not, a guarantee that history's going to be changed, that it'll be a grand adventure to see where we can go now that we can avoid these mistakes. And there was this exhilarating competitive relationship between Saru and Nobuna.

I want to go watch it for the fourth time now.

No, she tries to get with MC's rascally identical twin brother, remember?