WHY CANT YOU IDIOTS UNDERSTAND
youtube.com/watch?v=rhVrNfg4nXc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChjJEU8_szU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>almost 7 years
fml

How can I sex up Stocking?

Will you finally shut up about this shitty anime?

Give back 2010's Christmas, Gainax.

Fucking thieves.

I do understand you dumb bitch, but the RULES are pretty good too.

Be a fat fuck and be dominsant

>cant recognize artistry even if it slaps him in the dick

No, Imaishitters will never shut up about the SAO of japanese comedies.

Reminder Panty's all right, and is busy trying to rape Nova-kun while Briefs watches

Good God, I was so happy that doujin came out. It was the final nail in the coffin and made sure we won't see more of this abomination ever again.

> dont want my pure pure anime fantasies perverted by angelic sex-loving characters, I only want my embarrased ashamed blushy types now and forever

Who are you quoting, Sup Forumsermin?

im greentexting, its a new invention that people want to identify as oldfigs by rejecting in lieu of addressing the content of people's posts

Perhaps I didn't address the content of your post because you have no idea of what you're talking about, Sup Forumsermin. Thank you for proving that Triggerfags truly are all crossboarder scum.

In the future, I suggest learning how greentexting works.

there is no Sup Forums handbook, I can do what i want. But feel free to quote john chapter 6 in proper Sup Forums behavior.

I am just annoyed at people who don't get what is good about this show. That's you, and I'm me, annoyed at you. Is Sup Forumsermin supposed to be your ace up your sleeve or something, I havent played video games in a good eight years since the warcraft III frozen throne battlenet era.

and was video girl ai supposed to solidify your position or something

>I am just annoyed at people who don't get what is good about this show.
Nothing is good about this show, with some luck, we'll never see the likes of it again.
>Is Sup Forumsermin supposed to be your ace up your sleeve or something.
Just a proper description of your behavior.
>Was video girl ai supposed to solidify your position
I am sorry, I expected you to put 2 and 2 together. Clearly that was beyond your capabilities.

Also, there you go. This is how you should use greentexting.

>Nothing is good about this show
First of all, if you wanted to judge it outside the context of narrative, as in "animation", then it excels, and if you can't recognize that then you just don't really give a fuck about the artform of animation, you care more about, I don't know what, shallow escapism or something, which we can all identify with to some degree, but there is a time to graduate to the things that matter in life, not because its "cool" to do so, but because its genuinely more interesting that way.

I'm going to give you a tip: when dismissing the content of people's post, address the content without ever alluding to board-culture memes, it makes you seem 100x more compotent, you know, like a real human being with their own thoughts and ideas, instead of a hive-mind robot with nothing genuine to say. Yes, I get it, you feel like you're part of a larger process by repeating the things you see on this board, but pump the brakes on that for a bit and talk to people in a genuine way for once and see where it leads, yeah?

And Idk what you're on about with video girl ai. It's a fine enough OVA, is that supposed to the isthmus test for "true otaku" or something?

>First of all, if you wanted to judge it outside the context of narrative
Reasonable assumption. After all no one watches this show for the plot.
>as in "animation", then it excels.
That's a very bold claim. I wouldn't say it's particularly well animated. It is most likely the only trigger show not to use ClipArt, however, so there's that.
>shallow escapism or something
Don't act holier-than-thou when praising a silly show, user. It's in poor form, and it makes you look like an hypocrite.
>there is a time to graduate to the things that matter in life, not because its "cool" to do so, but because its genuinely more interesting that way.
So probably you should move on from this dumb show too, no? After all it uses the same humor as American Pie and Sausage Party. Don't claim you're mature while praising a very immature show (and mind you, I am not faulting the show for that). It's really funny how you talk about maturity in a show that is probably as immature as it gets. See, I could call you a maturefag at this point, which is the "cool" board-culture thing to do. Instead I am just trying to make you reflect on the blatant double-standard you're applying.
>I'm going to give you a tip: when dismissing the content of people's post, address the content without ever alluding to board-culture memes.
I am addressing your original point. I have been doing this for three posts now, you're just too new to the medium to realize.
>And Idk what you're on about with video girl ai. It's a fine enough OVA, is that supposed to the isthmus test for "true otaku" or something?
You don't know what an isthmus is. Have you ever studied ancient greek? So much for maturity. And I am not even talking about the OVA.

And it seems you don't realize that I'm not trying to compete with you. ...talking with people online like this is such a waste of everyone's time. I gotta stop getting drunk.

Why do you guys hate fun so much?

>I am not trying to compete with you
I am aware buddy, I am just expressing my opinion.
>I gotta stop getting drunk
Once in a while is fine, like all good things. Take good care of your liver, Strelok.

Its fun, thats why I love it (im OP)
The supposed "immaturity" of the show was deliberate. The deliberateness of that is incredibly apparent. The whole intention of its genesis as an idea for a show is more nuanced than it on the surface appears

youtube.com/watch?v=ChjJEU8_szU

best song and best semen demons

>The supposed "immaturity" of the show was deliberate. The deliberateness of that is incredibly apparent.
I never claimed otherwise. So stick with it. Immature things aren't bad.
>The whole intention of its genesis as an idea for a show is more nuanced than it on the surface appears.
No lad, you're wrong. The staff itself said so: the idea was born during a trip in which animators talked about stuff they'd like to animate. This is basically just that, the byproduct of bored animators who wanted to try something. There's no nuance here.
Sorry, user. You're not in charge of what people find fun and how they experience it.

Probably the most literal manifestation in a set of characters to embody the term "semen demon"

>This is basically just that, the byproduct of bored animators who wanted to try something. There's no nuance here.

I would like to remind you of my OP.

Style of Substance, AS SUBSTANCE

It excels as style, form, pattern, art, pure and without metaphorical significance, totally for the sake of it, like a sexual act, profane and beautiful at the same time

*over

>It excels as style, form, pattern, art,
You're drunk. You'll realize what I am talking about when you're sober tomorrow.
This is by no means excellent in style, not even closely. I am willing to give you that it is the best animated show by Trigger, but that's all. There's no excellency here, and the fact that you have to use a metaphor to claim that is totally devoid of metaphors should already given it away to you. But as I said, you're not yourself right now. You'll come back and notice the glaring contradictions in your claims.

Second half of episode 6 was amazing.

Forget me being drunk.
If you've ever enjoyed a sunset, then you're committing the same exact crime. Or the sound of birds singing. It's that, but with the human tinge, created by people who without a doubt love what they do for a living.

Music, purely instrumental, has no meaning. Any significance you attribute to it will always only be your own subjective critereon, wheres if it actually said anything then you could enter it into the larger sphere of cultural analysis. This show is like an orgasm of superfluousness. Overtly sexual, violent, stylish, profane .. it seems you just don't understand the fun in that. Fine enough, we all have our flavors.

>If you've ever enjoyed a sunset, then you're committing the same exact crime.
Or if you have enjoyed shallow escapism, no? Except you condemn one and save the other. It's this contradiction that I am fighting, this blatant hypocrisy of yours.
>Music, purely instrumental, has no meaning. Any significance you attribute to it will always only be your own subjective critereon, wheres if it actually said anything then you could enter it into the larger sphere of cultural analysis.
I understand that you subscribe to the theory of death of the author, Jeyson, but not everyone agrees. In fact, you will find that sometimes it's the author of a work himself that describes what he wanted to talk about.
>This show is like an orgasm of superfluousness
Excellent example. Exactly why we didn't need it and we don't need more of it.
>Overtly sexual, violent, stylish, profane .. it seems you just don't understand the fun in that.
Yes user, it's clearly me who doesn't understand. Don't ever make the opposite assumption, that would shake your paper-thin confidence. I am sorry user, the show was bad. It's not me who decided it, it was probably the closes thing to a fair judge we can find in this world: the free market.

Now stop posting and go to bed, you need to be fresh for tomorrow.

> I am sorry user, the show was bad. It's not me who decided it, it was probably the closes thing to a fair judge we can find in this world: the free market.

this is what you deserve after typing that: -_-

>people actually unironically like this show
and you guys wonder why anime fans get trashed on so hard

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums
user, I see where you're coming from, but I don't think most people here care about that.

Don't breathe.

im just saying that these type of shows and the people that watch them so much are the reason many people are private about liking anime
i dont give a fuck that people like it, but i do care that it makes me look bad because they dont shut up about it

Well to be fair this show is (thankfully) pretty niche. I'd say the flak mostly comes from shit like harem romcoms. Again, people here don't care mostly because they're far too gone. I have found, however, that people have many less prejudices about otakus than one would believe.

It seems very few can see the intention at a transmutation of the so called "problems" that anime as an industry faces (overt sexuality, overt violence, style over substance) with this show. The people who made this are veterans, they know what they're doing, this was an attempt to bring back in acrobatic skill-dripping fashion the humanity of our depravity. Angels as whores. But I guess that'll be lost on ya, huh.

Yes user, you're just so much smarter than everyone else. That's exactly the case here, and you're not overlooking anything. This is 100% the objective truth, and we sheep just can't see it. We're truly blessed to have such an enlightened person like yourself to guide us.

Yes.

>post policing
>uses a fucking Wojak, and a recent one at that
what a surprise

You're just too smart user, too clever for us mortals. I lacked an appropriate reaction picture, despite having a folder full of them. You know, one that would convey just how much above mere humans you are.

I am not the same person you fucking retard, I am just waiting for the obligatory Stocking dump. Stop telling people how to post, it's not helping you fit in.

What you're doing is extracting from the content of the post the idea that the person feels "superior", and making that the point of critique, instead of talking about what they're saying, which is fine if what they're saying is obviously stupid by any standard, but I should think that isn't, so what you're doing seems more a diversion from content to "lol look how self-aggrandizing this guy is" as an attempt to divert attention from the content

Switch the pronouns around, then. Here, I'll contribute.
He stopped responding first, and I have already pointed out how faulty his argument is. He just won't listen because he's drunk and keeps on the self-aggrandizing spiel. He's sucking his own cock, which I expected, because it's a trigger tradition.

thank you

fuck you drunken man

>t, and I have already pointed out how faulty his argument is.
nice quads

I am the OP btw,. ....I hate when things get reduced to this.

I am talking about Panty Stocking, an anime produced by the major talents who made Gurren Lagann and other previous Gainax mainstays, who dared enough to make their own offshoot, because they had their own voice to express, and who continue to entertain people with their shows, as should be evident by this season and prior, having characters who are comically "firey", full of gusto, ...

When you watch anime, you may not realize this, but a large measure of the fun and entertainment is the visuals, and the sound and music. This show was unique in both aspects. It certainly delivered. If you want to critique it on other basis' which it wasn't attempting, then go ahead. I'm sure there is a phrase for that kind of falacy, like saying that an action film didn't have enough substance or whatever, but I'm not aware of it.

This show was intended to be eye candy, audio candy, and even though I've trumped up these aspects of it, it also has metaphysical connotations that I could get into if you really want me to. It's just that nobody here ever appreciates it so I just try to get them to see the value of it as an artistic project by a unique company with its own voice that goes against the grain. Go ahead and name a single other show that feels like this one. You can't because there isn't. That's important. Being unique alone doesn't make a thing good, but it can be, if its also enjoyable.

The staff at Trigger are incredibly talented. And if you want to go about comparing things, I would ask your measures of determining the value of a show.

>When you watch anime, you may not realize this, but a large measure of the fun and entertainment is the visuals, and the sound and music.
See, I would address the rest of your post, but I decided to stop here for a good reason.

You don't know that.

This crucial sentence applies to most of the claims you've made. All you've said so far is a set of wild assumptions that aren't rational nor common. You're deciding what other people do, think, and act like, all of this to justify your prediction. You've missed all the hints I've left behind because you're too blind to look past your self-aggrandizing tendencies.

Do you see now why I stopped where I stopped? It's because the only way for you to keep holding on your beliefs is to believe that everyone else is stupid, too. If you for a second decide to step off of that assumption, I'll gladly discuss things with you. Otherwise, don't get miffed if you don't get a proper reply.

You're deciding what other people do, think, and act like, all of this to justify your prediction.

Ah I've forgot you've got capitalism on your side. Whoa nelly, my bad, I repent at the feet of The Man. Surely I am in the wrong for being sincere, and sales statistics are the gold-standard for value. Toilet paper is the greatest piece of art ever invented, by that measure.

>sales statistics
What do you know about statistics? What do you know about Normality?

Sales statistics aren't justice, but they're the closest thing we have. Why? Because in aggregate data, all oddities are evened out. So you'll have the animation fanatic and the plotfag, the one who likes dirty girls and the average Sup Forums poster who will bash fictional characters for holding hands. It's not perfect, nothing is perfect. But it's pretty darn close.

>Sales statistics aren't justice, but they're the closest thing we have

And you were this close to having a really cool "I DONT CARE ANYMORE" moment

But I do care, user. It's stupid to pretend not to when I am invested in the conversation. See, I am not here to look cool or get the upvotes. I am here to discuss anime and manga, and that's it. I'll leave 'looking cool' to Facebook and other social media.

Now you're speaking my language.
Really though, fuck sales. If I encounter a book at a library that rocks my world that absolutely nobody on the internet knows about, that isn't going to negatively influence my feeling about the work. Do you understand what I mean? The final criterion for the determination of merit is your own soul. Whatever that is. If you want the opinions of the masses to influence you, then you can do that. I personally don't find that to be conducive to finding or determining value in art media. This is my personal opinion on the matter.

I want the style over substance meme to die. People act like just saying it makes it a fag without realizing what constitutes for substance is subjective.

So is style, mang.

All of life is style. Substance is merely a concept falsely attributed to atoms by dated newtonian thought-patterns. What makes wood wood is its dance, its style of dance, the way the electrons in the molecules swing around each other. Style needs to be re-affirmed as a proper thing to value beyond so called "substance".

I love this show for its Style. If you ask me, a show that is all substance and no style is a dead thing. Its opposite, however,...

>The final criterion for the determination of merit is your own soul
Kudos for actually spelling the word correctly this time. If this is how you feel about the work, then can't you see that there is a good reason why people dislike this show, a reason that may go beyond the simply "you're an insecure virgin," which was your argument so far?

You ignored all the anime girls I posted, perhaps because you're new to the medium. If you knew more about them, you'd know that none of them are virgins, all of them have an healthy approach to their sexuality, and one of them even comes from your stereotypical high school romance setting!

What you perceive as style is not actually the things you listed (animation, music, artstyle). The thing you're exalting about PSG is artistic intention, and that's a different beast altogether. If you really believe the criterion to be subjective, then you can clearly see why people might not have been heads over heels for that.

By which metric of judgement is PSG's animation better than KnK's? By which metric of judgement is PGS's music better than Gatchaman's OST? Perhaps people DO like eye and audio candy, they just didn't like the flavor of this candy. Jumping the gun and calling them prudes only makes you look like an ass.
If you really believe that substance is subjective, by which metric is style on the other hand something objective?

Also, you'll find Trigger shows are all the same. Want a show like PSG? Just take your pick. Sex and Violence with Machspeed, Space Patrol Luluco, Dead Leaves. They're all the same, user. Just pick your poison.

>Style of Substance, AS SUBSTANCE
No such thing. Style can accentuate substance, never replace it.
>It excels as style, form, pattern, art
You are an absolute idiot.

An example would be the use of repetition in Revolutionary Girl Utena. People often attribute it to being a way to save money or as just a stylistic choice, when I feel like it re-enforces my interpretation of the nature of the show's universe.