Daoism

Can some woke nogs give me some references for this whole Tao/Daoism shit.. Seems like these early Chinas had some good brain thoughts..

Read the Tao Te Ching and looking for more..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDKvV1ly4f8
akirarabelais.com/i/i.html#23
akirarabelais.com/i/i.html#24
akirarabelais.com/i/i.html#25
cfcl.com/ching/P/23.01.shtml
cfcl.com/ching/P/24.40.shtml
cfcl.com/ching/P/25.47.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like any religious text worth it's salt, it's basically a guide on how to be a servile and complacent villager.

Daoism isn't far from the teachings of Greek, Roman and Egyptian mystery schools.

A much more wholesome philosophy than that promoted by the disgusting cult of Abrahamism.

it felt more complete to me than the mystical Greek and Roman understandings of the universe..

Definitely wholesome as fuck

Read this OP

adding to the reading list.

this a modern fusion of daoism + buddhism?

chink here
That book is very hard to read and totally useless. Read The Art of War instead. It at least helps you learn some strategies

perfect escapism amirite

pretty nice infographic for larger ideas within taoism

im not looking for starcraft advice.. i know the ancient chinas didnt have a concept of philosophy / proper categorization of disciplines but it seemed pretty easy for me to understand..

did you read in chinese? i cannot read op language so i was lucky with good translation?

Check out confucius too. Nigga believed women should stay home and let men lead. Guy was woke AF for a hippie.

I think its more so about knowing ones place in life.

na, Mediterranean master race here, and the Tao Te Ching I can understand very well and it is ahead of its time, even today.

Check out "Zhuangzi".

Checked

read the i ching, chapters 23, 24, and 25

reference;

youtube.com/watch?v=rDKvV1ly4f8

akirarabelais.com/i/i.html#23
akirarabelais.com/i/i.html#24
akirarabelais.com/i/i.html#25

it was written for the ruler, you obviously have not read it

it is, however, a more asian way of seeing things; somewhat christian. I think they were from around the same time. the I Ching is less relativistic. I like it more, desu

confucius is pretty chill. definitely should give him more time

thanks for the linkage! these are the 64 hexagrams right?

Taosim is not for Sup Forums, in the same way that the ocean isn't for boats.

The saint has no set mind,
He regards the wish of the people as his own wish.
He is kind to the kind, he is also kind to the unkind.
This is the true virtue of kindness.
The saint trusts those who are trustworthy.
He also trusts those who are not trustworthy.
This is the true virtue of trust.
The saint conducts himself in the world by harmonizing with all beings to be at one.
The worldly people thus look up to him attentively with their eyes and ears.
And the saint treats the people like a loving mother who loves her children unconditionally.

>Zhuangzi
Probably makes sense to read this next? seems like its considered the "core of taoism"

basically the hippie movement of China
>go with the flow brah

part of me was hoping that further reading would reveal more.

yes

btw, the links I sent include commentary, which was written later. here are links to the original;

cfcl.com/ching/P/23.01.shtml
cfcl.com/ching/P/24.40.shtml
cfcl.com/ching/P/25.47.shtml

btw, the I ching is the oldest of chinese holy texts. from at least 1000 bc

alright awesome. I definitely have read bits and pieces in intro to asian philosophy courses but never gave it enough time though.. will invest moer time into reading original along with good comments

There is not more from lao tse. The master after him had their own conclutions but seems to carry lao tse's name similar to hermes. But practice tai chi helps.

All you need is tao te ching but anyone can teach you about equilibrium specially when they don't talk.

There was a master with 3 students and the first lesson was no to talk so you can enjoy the real silence of mind.

The first one said a word, the second tell him "we soupouse no to talk", the third said thought "im the only one in silent, this guys just talked"

No one stayed in silence.

>he regards the wish of the people as his own wish.
which people? which group? "people" have divided wishes. Some people, like liberals, wish to rape children. Other people, like conservatives, don't wish to rape children.
>he is kind to the kind, he is also kind to the unkind.
clearly liberals have not discovered the Way. they profess the first, but do not follow the latter. Conservatives follow it more, given that they follow the golden rule and don't stoop to the level of liberals.

there is another book of taoism which i forget, but its not as good. conceptually, they're pretty close to the stoics. they weren't asian so the wrote lengthier pieces and more or less said what they meant. seneca us good place to start