Explain to me why Yuri on Ice is bad, Sup Forums

Explain to me why Yuri on Ice is bad, Sup Forums.
Pic related, I'm pretty sure this is the protagonist.

I hate gay people

>gay
>people

Gay faggots.
Better?

It's a good show. The massive bandwagon fandom that it spawned is awful.

It's good, just avoid the fandom, watch it on your own and it's a pretty fun show

gay men aren't Yuri

The title is misleading.

There is a man named Yuri who skates on Ice. Pretty accurate to me.

the sports shit is bad and takes up most of the show

I know that sports animes are shit

It has homo moments in it so it's shit - Sup Forums.

too gay

>>not enough traps

It's about gay people, and sports. Particularly a sport no one gives a shit about. Sup Forums doesn't like either one of those.

I've heard it also has shitty characters and no character development. Is that true?

Of course. But that's not why it's shit.

It is a key factor though. The fanbase is one too.

>It is a key factor though

If this show, a literal yaoi show, had good characters, do you think Sup Forums would say it's good?

Well I might be a fucking newfag but I know that Sup Forums would still hate it.

Rakugo also had gay undertones, but because the characers were written good only desperate fujos could really see them.

Yuri had heterosexual men that talked about how they liked boobies and wanting a girlfriend kissing other men.

>Yuri had heterosexual men that talked about how they liked boobies and wanting a girlfriend kissing other men.

Pretty sure you watched the wrong show

>Yuri had heterosexual men that talked about how they liked boobies and wanting a girlfriend kissing other men.

What?

Kek, the only boobs that were mentioned were Victor's when Yuuri couldnt find eros with female tits.

The most Yuuri even talked about women was in reference to himself.

But that's a double negative

The main duo and their relationship are flat as fuck, if they supposedly kissed in that one episode, why didn't anything happen after that?

I enjoyed the show otherwise, but I don't think Yuuri and Victor deserve that much popularity. There are much more interesting and better looking characters in anime.

>why didn't anything happen after that?

user..

Yeah they escalated pretty quickly

Not pretty quickly, Victor was coaching Yuuri since April and the engagement happened in December.

>"In episode 1, in order to explain how the main character Yuuri's skating was so great that it would make Victor fall in love with him, we tried drawing a three and a half minute skating scene"

>And the wording is explicitly about Yuuri, not in Yuuri's skating

The creators of the show will tell you straight up they're soulmates in love and you'll still no homo it, sasuga Sup Forums.

gay as fuck.

The character development was okay for Yuri K, Yuri P and somehow Victor. Apart from the main trio the other characters didn't receive much focus, they don't stand out at all.

Were the other skaters really that necessary

No its not.

Yes.

Some of them are grotesque to put it mildly. The gay swiss one and the siscon for example.

>taking a picture of your screen instead of screenshot.
>still thinking your opinion is relevant.

Beginning was kind of slow and end had JJ get bronze which was pure bullshit.

It's bad because it's about icky gays and icky girls like it. Or, in the homo thread's case, it's bad because it's popular.

They could take out the gay and I'd still love it for how fresh it feels compared to other sports series. It actually made me pick up figure skating, that's how much I enjoyed the way they portrayed the sport. On the other hand, if it had been yet another high school level sports anime, gay wouldn't make me love it despite that.

user, I'm seriously curious as to what show you're describing here, because it sure as hell isn't Yuri on Ice. If you figure it out before this thread dies, let us know.

Are you a retard? That was the first leaked picture of the kiss scene from the BD, in glorious nips phone quality
Ou can even see the blush and the shiny lips are toned down

You mean wanting to be a woman and kissing other men.

I'm still skeptical that was a kiss, if they had balls they should have showed it instead of giving that ambiguous shot to bait

This. I just cant stand these people

Feel free to interpret it in your own way, just know that by doing what they did, the authors took big risks. I'm not gonna link you all the interviews and commentaries where the staff confirms it was a kiss because you wouldn't give a shit anyway and after all I know the anime is the real deal, what we see with our own eyes is the answer that counts at the end of the day.
I still think they managed to go beyond the classic "bait".

But they eat and poop like you, user

>commentaries

>"Got it" in the background

What this user said Also >opinion
No. Words from the creator of the show.

I agree. show was good aside from boring main duo. Ofcourse since it's gay that's what fujos mainly focus on.

It's fine, it's just that fanbases with mostly women are objectively the worst

People who think the main pair are boring are delusional contrarians. There's nothing boring about slutty, drunk, exhibitionist, elite athlete adults with multi faceted personalities that get revealed with plot twists. Against everyone's expectations Yuuri wasn't a beta MC and Victor wasn't a hitler with ulterior motives. Their dynamic is more sexual and physical than you can usually hope for in anime, even for het. There's enough comedy and fanservice that, at the very least, you're full of shit if you can't admit they're entertaining on a superficial level.

Do they literally say it's a kiss or something ambiguous that confirms it? If they could say it on interviews why not put it on screen to play at being vague because only a very small percentage of viewers reads commentaries/interviews.

My nigga. Baldfat are two of, if not the best, characters to come out of any show for me.

Not the best out there for me, but they feel so real, fresh and modern

the pacing completely shit the bed once the anime couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a sports anime or a gay romance. By the end you had a somewhat well developed relation between two characters and a dozen half baked side characters that were only there as shipper catnip, including the supposed rival of the MC. Case and point faggots like the italian siscon or JJ got their exposition shafted in the middle of their performances in favor of another 10 minutes of Victor eyefucking Yuuri, what was their point?.
Again, even the main rival barely got any resolution in his arc which was just as interesting because he didn't have a buttbuddy except his ugly coach to be shipped with on Pixiv. If they wanted to focus on Victor and Yuuri that's fine but then maybe they could've cut on the innecesary characters and skating numbers and done that.
While we're at it, the animation was a joke beyond the first three episodes because they wanted to cram a dance in every episode but barely had the budget for half of that. Why half-ass so many dances instead of cutting them altogether, give more time for the important characters, and animate better the important events instead of sneaking in recycled animation?
The entire anime just reeked of giving up halfway on the sports aspect just to make more fujobait. In a world where One-Outs or even Initial D can balance between character drama and the sports aspect YoI has no excuse for being so half-assed. Of course, you couldn't mention any of this to a fujo because they'd be completely blinded by the striptease sequence and the almost-kissing to notice

>giving up halfway on the sports
Are you retarded? You literally just made the points that there was too much skating. That was because the directer is a hardcore skating fan and she brute forced as much skating as possible into the series no matter what sacrifices it made in developing the plot and characters, or how bad the animation got because they couldn't fit it into the schedule.

The EXCESS of sport is the biggest flaw in the series, not 'half assing' it. The animation was bad because they tried to do too much, not because they gave up on it.

There are a couple interviews where they don't directly say "yes, they fuck" but claim that their relationship can be seen as that of two lovers. Also according to Otsuka, the schrodinger kiss' scene "leaves no room for intepretations".
Furthermore these are Kubo's words while commenting episode 7 with two seiyuu, in volume 4. They also applauded and shouted "omedetou!".

Nice hot opinions you have there.

>entertaining on a superficial level

I don't find gross drunk sluts poledancing entertaining. It's sloppy, I wouldn't find that shit entertaining IRL or anywhere else either. I guess you would if you're a flamboyant faggot that thinks a character is automatically great just because they're just as big of a sloppy attentionwhore like you though.

>multi faceted
>revealed with plot twists

I can tell you have a fanfiction-tier writing degree to think this shit is good writing or such a great tweest but try not to make it so obvious next time sweetie.

So they don't explicitly say 'yes they kiss' and 'can be seen' sounds vague enough to be able to deny it.
The Kubo commentary sounds more as fooling around like most anime do

I see, you just hate fun. Makes a lot of sense.

Yuri should have won the last match and lost purely because of plot. Analyze it with real life rules and it's clear he was better.

I stand by my point. If the anime had actually focused around ice skating as a sport there would've been no reason to leave so many support characters as one dimensional sidenotes to be filled with keychains and posters. If they had just expanded on the core concept of Endless Night it would've been fine.
My beef is that they wanted to have their cake and eat it too, and the result is an anime that wanted to be a romance with some skating in it, but also wanted to cram as much skating as possible, and the result is an anime that half assed both

>the directer is a hardcore skating fan and she brute forced as much skating as possible into the series no matter what sacrifices it made in developing the plot and characters
gee user, it's almost as if the director's personal interests had conflicted with the other elements of the production

Your 'point' is contradictory and retarded, you're making weird leaps in logic. If it focused more on ice skating, they would have less one dimensional side characters? The fuck? They needed LESS skating to develop those characters, and you're literally saying that your issue is with the characters not getting enough development, not a lack of focus on the sport. And you're not wrong, you're just explaining it in the most nonsensical way.

They didn't half ass the sport in any way, they portrayed it with accuracy, detail and passion to the point that real life figure skaters were impressed. And they spent so much time on it that it hurt the rest of the series.

One dimensional and over abundance of characters, awful narrative structure, abuse of narration, production hell, rushed pacing of relationships resulting in none of them feeling believable, terrible ending and its popularity and fans potentially ruining Yamamoto's art.

Never watched this show. MC is really ugly. What's up with those eyebrows.

Any other girls who hate yaoi here? Can't be the only...right? RIGHT?

But Yuri won gold

>l-look guys i'm a cool girl!

I don't hate fun, I don't like boring horribly written characters. Guy in your picture feels more realistic and is better written than the main duo (not that it's hard) and he's had way less screentime.

If you want to look at well-written exciting fun, look at WTTM. It's adorable, emotional, well-written, everything ties together nicely and with only 22 pages the pacing manages to do what it needs to develop it's central character and his bond with the other central character. It has a modern and fresh feel depicting an important night from a young famous teenagers POV in the midst of coming of age-tier development (that was also beautifully and succinctly done)sneaking into clubs and crossing paths with other characters having modern young adult fun to make up with his dj friend and fellow famous teenager and ask him to help him do something very important and exciting with him that will shock and blow the minds of their peers and the people in their world while also solidifying this time in their relationship as perhaps a turning point or something they are not soon to forget if ever.

The program itself also manages to be exciting, aggressive and sexy, borderline erotic (briefly) at times and tastefully performed as well. Feels like an 80's concept performance a bit. You just know that program and their performance that night is going to be iconic, you can already feel it when you read and watch the program together and the deafening cheers at the end of the program that extend and never cease as the credits roll was on fucking point.

That's what I consider fun and well-written. Not sloppy ass drunk pole dancing from characters that have "tweests" thrown onto them randomly in attempts to make them interesting when the reality is, it's just inconsistent and horribly paced the whole way through. No, having an "anxiety attack" that the writers use as a quick way to excite things inorganically isn't good to me. I'm not such a cheap date.

You know this shit annoy me.

No, not the author work, because you knew if Victor was a girl no one would question what the fuck is happening on screen.

This literally happened on every fucking homo couple, it's like people haave problem understanding fags exist and some people would enjoy writing about them.

Maybe if Japanese Yuri was more focused on the competition than his gay buttbuddy, he'd have won. Not even then kek Not even his MC hax could win him that gold medal with how much of a fagskate autist Sayo is. She knew when she had Japanese Yuri fuck up his SP, the gold medal was Russian Yuri's to lose. Good on her for sticking to her original plan since they intended for Russian Yuri to win from the start.

No kiss was officially shown, so it's up to interpretation. Episode 10 had them joking about the engagement rings, that's all (would you feel comfortable if you and your buddy got matching rings, and suddenly your buddy just decides that you're engaged because of them? That's fucked up). And Yuuri's "I love him" didn't come off as a confession, as he himself says that it's not romantic love.

People can choose to see them as gay, sure, but I see them as just a close-knit skater-coach duo and I don't think I'm the only one. There was technically nothing romantic going on between them at any point.

>People can choose to see them as gay, sure, but I see them as just a close-knit skater-coach duo and I don't think I'm the only one
You are about the only one. And Sayo literally just said Victor fell in love with Yuuri.

I'm not sure why you people will even bother arguing. Just look at Yamagi stuff more recent, people still deny the most obvious homo until the last moment.

Even if the characters kissed on screen, even if they confessed, some retards would still deny it.

>suddenly your buddy just decides that you're engaged because of them? That's fucked up

Victor is Hitler user, so that's cool. That's what Hitler would do, marry his bro cause he got him rings.

the sports part is the least thing talked about by most fans

Shit standards

a friend introduced me to this shit and never stop talking about yurio and how amazing a gay pairing is or whatever.

after watching it, i enjoyed the sport part the most, the whole "agape" thing was really neat, and i always was curious why this thing was considered both a sport and form of art.

kinda sad how all those things are overlooked.

Would it be bad to have a custom sex doll made of Yuuri? Asking for a friend.

If you switched the genders of the characters I would watch it but I have no interest in watching an anime with attractive and flamboyant men dancing around beautifully.

do it faggot

Not only do you hate fun, you're just a bitter bikefairyfag. It makes even more sense now, and so does the shitposting in the yoi threads.

Sara cries every time the YoI girls get overlooked

Naruto and Sasuke kissed, and even though they're a popular ship among fujos most would still consider them straight.

thank you for your perspective, what I meant was, whenever I take a peek at the YoI threads, the sports factor seems to be really overshadowed, as if it's something irrelevant/uninteresting to the posters.

Good point, actually. Having an on-screen kiss doesn't necessarily determine the characters' sexualities or the validity of a ship

What kind of retarded comparison is that?

>Joke kiss in which both characters look disgusted is the same as a kiss in a romantic setup in a romantic narrative
What?

theirs was accidental though

I'm saying that Baldfat are gayer without having an explicit onscreen kiss than a gay ship that has had one. They don't need it.

Well yes. If Victor was everyone would assume they were into each other from episode 3.

That's because it is. Most of them are just there for the boring shitty main gay duo so obviously that's all they are going to talk about. Unless you try and discredit the show ofcourse, then they will suddenly become fagskate experts and pretend they give a shit about it because any critique against the show makes them feel like their gay OTP is less valid.

Sometimes I think the hypocrisy on Sup Forums is the stupidest thing about Sup Forums, but then I remember the rest of the board.

Honestly could not get attached to the main characters at all after 4 episodes and the fanservice was annoying so I dropped it. I remember finding the story pretty tacky up to that point too.

This. It's easy to ignore all the other fodder homos in the show, but Victor and Yuuri elicited nothing from me. Yuuri sort of had some basis behind what drives his character but Victor had nothing for half of the show and I just gave up. Also I honestly find their character designs unattractive.

I tried to watch it since I usually watch a lot of anime each season but I just felt so fucking uncomfortable and ashamed.
Like if my dad came in and saw me watching it I'd want to kill myself.
If people actually enjoy this, good on them but don't hate on us cause we can't watch it and therefore don't like it.

user, I applaud you for trying. It's the people who run a mile "because gay" and never actually try the show who are fucking annoying.

It's funny that you'd kill yourself for your dad seeing happy homos, though, considering it could be Felix or Kanna or Keijo or Boku no Pico on your screen

The main characters were faggots, and I hate faggots. I'm fine with normal homos though, like that army in Drifters.

Only fujos with shit taste like this garbage,