Who needs a dorm! US college student builds his own 230sqft house for $14K

>Who needs a dorm! US college student builds his own 230sqft house for $14K
>Bradley, from Jacksonville, Florida, built the structure in its entirety, starting out with planks of wood before crafting walls and a roof
>The student chose to build himself a house while in college and scored a prime location right in the center of Jacksonville, with woods and a creek nearby
>In true Southern style, the tiny house has a large porch, which enables Bradley to sit outside and enjoy the stunning views surrounding his home
>The home is roughly 27 x 8.5 feet in size with an exterior clad in long-lasting vinyl; it is designed to be reminiscent of a Florida beach bungalow
>Bradley has now listed the house for rent on AirBnB for $98 a night

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5312427/Student-builds-230sqft-house-live-debt-free.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hYcL2fm-510
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This actually pretty cool.

must be nice to have a parent that will give you 14k to order a cuckshed

How are you going to raise kids in a cuck shed?

What part of "Vinyl sideing" did not say abomination against god, motherhood and country to you?

This.

Odds on his mouth being open under the mask?

You can't but your kids don't all need their own room. and they can hangout outside.

wew he is just some normie faggot too

good lad its clearly a kit cabin, they make them like that in michigan for hunter shacks (made with actual real clapboards using actual real wood), prefab. I doubt that faggot would bother with that decorative gable strut work on the front. vinyl is for Mcmansion normie trash like the normie faggot in OP

youtu.be/hYcL2fm-510

Boys and girls need their own rooms
So we are talking 3 bedrooms minimum

History shows the opposite.
The larger their homes got, the more cucked they became.

100 percent his dad did most of it and taught his son as a hedge because he knows college is a waste of time
>no father with trade skills
I fucking hate normies. I had to learn this shit on my own

Someone read Walden

Do you plan on living in your dorm for the rest of your life?

Why are you so retarded?

Better off with a shipping container. Cheaper, modular, transportable. Same ish sizes.

look at the inside, that is no contemplative type

except it would be hotter than hell in one in the south

>read instructions on how to be a loser and useless eater.
Yeah...

Do you idiots still use dowsing rods?

My first wife is from the US and she built a house in co and it was with her inheritance so I didn't say shit about it, but the construction company used a fucking dowsing rod, and everybody in the area (outside of Pueblo CO near Hawn/Russell) had gone through these people.

I thought they were just scamming,but nope, the idiots thought it worked themselves, I watched them do it on their own personal projects too.

Our well was reasonable (cost just over 4k) but one guy on our road had spent like 30k on his.

Farm houses were bigger than postwar suburbs

>Do you idiots still use dowsing rods?
My brother is really good at it.
Swears that there's nothing to it.
yet, he finds the water every fucking time

reminds me of a bootcamp story

>Odds on his mouth being open under the mask?
0%. He's a Chad. Fuck, if only we poos could accomplish the same thing.

Why don't these idiots just buy a mobile home? A 1000sqft singlewide could be had for the same price. Do they think living in a shed is more respectable?

This "tiny homes" bullshit is just trying to trick idiots into thinking it's okay to be trailer trash, it's more of the "new normal" that Obama promised. The only difference between that asshole and Cletus is newer siding.

You could design one to have everything. Plumbing, electric, ventilation. All within the parameters of standard shipping containers. People have made tons already. Crafty stuff.

IT'S NOT EVEN 250SQFT WTF

You're (almost) always going to find water every time, it's just a question of how deep. Dowsing does nothing at all.
I used to be in exploration for Amoco, if dowsing worked, we could have saved tens of millions a year on seismic shots ect just in our region.

you keep them outside. those that survive the ravages of summer and the freezing winters shall be deemed worth to be given a name, and then allowed further attention and affection.

how do you heat something like that though

The stigma against trailers is outdated. Most trailers are built better than your typical tract-house now. It is odd the amount of suffering these hipsters will go through to avoid the stigma.

Ha, like saving $14K is hard. I saved that much in 18months while delivering pizza. Having good parents doesn’t only mean they’re handing out cash.

>How are you going to raise kids in a cuck shed?
You fucker, the Chad's going to build a bigger and better house for his Stacey and his 4 Aryan kids. The fuck is wrong with you? Who said he's going to raise his family there? Also, look at this pic
even the guys want his cock. He's definitely an Aryan Chad sent down by Jesus to save the White race. Stop speaking smut.

> small loan of $14k

>>Who needs a dorm! US college student builds his own 230sqft house for $14K
>>Bradley, from Jacksonville, Florida, built the structure in its entirety, starting out with planks of wood before crafting walls and a roof
>>The student chose to build himself a house while in college and scored a prime location right in the center of Jacksonville, with woods and a creek nearby
>>In true Southern style, the tiny house has a large porch, which enables Bradley to sit outside and enjoy the stunning views surrounding his home
>>The home is roughly 27 x 8.5 feet in size with an exterior clad in long-lasting vinyl; it is designed to be reminiscent of a Florida beach bungalow
>>Bradley has now listed the house for rent on AirBnB for $98 a night
People that aren't self-absorbed faggots would call that a shed and put a lawnmower i it.

TFW Chad building a shack is considered an accomplishment.
>pic related

how about moisture barriers?

>10,000
>no outlets
>no sheetrock
>no flooring
>no AC or ductwork
>no plumbing

Add at least another 12k to that if you don't plan on doing the work yourself.

wood stove

Well you certainly can't raise kids in a dorm. And arguably, if you consider a dorm price of about $3000 per semester, that would average out to $24000 after a typical 4 year degree, $10000 more than simply building the cuck shed, living in it for 4 years, and then abandoning it outright. But this guy's not abandoning it, instead he's turning it into more value through AirBnB.

who was paying your car though? nice b8

Most people use that rhino liner shit on the outside of shipping containers. If you keep them off the ground, they last a lot longer too. It's objectively more expensive to retrofit all the niceties into a shipping container or a shed than it is to just buy a used single wide though.

its weird. always 14K, 14k, 14k. The new price on a personal prison. Fucking odd.

The materials in that "house" do not equal 14k.

>putting drywall in a cabin

This guy gets it

You can save up 14k in a few years even with a minimum wage job.

>You can save $14k in 18 months while delivering pizza
>He thinks he doesn't sound like a boomer retard

Way to prove their point that the kid is living off his parents money; your family covered your room and board, and probably your entertainment expenses as well, unless you went full autist and just pirated everything on your PC. In short, you're full of shit.

Plywood sheathing costs the same. Most would prefer drywall. Don't forget the insulation as well.

yeah the guy would have been in HS, you can't save 14 up that quick unless you are working full time.

>Finished! Bradley now takes pride in having built his home himself and is happy every time he returns to it

maybe he sells drugs

you also said A/C install like somebody can't just throw a wall banger on the cabin its a double pen cabin, old style.

just sheath it in chipboard you get from habitat for humanity or some shit why would a 10k cabin have luxury shit in it like moulding and finished drywall you redneck?

I dunno what the guy's deal is but if he's a stem major he probably wanted to build it himself rather than buy something prebuilt.

yeah so his dad provided the capital and tools

It works. I use it. Your a corporate fag so spend all the money and maybe get results maybe not but the tax dollars will civer your losses so seismic shot away!!!

Being this leafy

its just the image of having done it versus a double wide

Chipboard costs the exact same per square foot as drywall, jackass. You could throw a window mounted heat pump in there, but you'd need a 220v model to condition a room that size. This wouldn't be a problem, except you have no lines run.

get throw away chipboard

people down south used to wall paper with newspaper

It looks like his dad planned everything out and his friends helped build it. Maybe it only cost 14k in supplies.

Saving 14 in 18 months? Delivering pizza. Send you folks my resume when your out of middle school

>no father to teach you framing

What a shit story. I built this for 2k with 0 help. I could run power to it for a few hundred and have virtually the same thing.

Even the cheapest shit is $10 for a 4x8. Drywall is only a dollar or two more per sheet and mud costs almost nothing.

nice I bet its super code appropriate

Where the fuck are you idiots going to plug in your power to?

You would need to live in a damn trailer part to get away with this, and that is financial suicide

Looks like crap.

nice interior bro

After stucco, but before paint

you got me I guess

Looks well insulated but what brand of tweaker do you prefer in your kitchen

>modern cuckshed
This reminds of what the school of (((architecture))) is doing at my university.

Well, I'm a licensed general contractor and used the IBC to lay out my framing and shear walls, but what would I know...

kek

Most codes are for 160+ or 240+

>padlock
Yankee, fuck off.

It's fucking divination, witchcraft guys.

Y'all fucked with that kek shit enough, I don't want Sup Forums turning into fucking waterbenders.

Are sheds supposed to be insulated?

tailsen west has nothing on you

capitalism is such a joke people have to build cucksheds or go into debt

*have their dads build cucksheds

It's a shed jackasses... Jeez.

>use public transit
>parents pay my rent and food
>$30,000 a year that I'm saving up

stay jealous fagets

This is pretty cool. I'd love to build something like this in my garden to use as an office/mancave.

I live in Jax .... that tiny place would be so uncomfortable in a humid summer.

lol are you in Texas

I use it in cali. Good luck finding water just anywhere dude you could hit a stream here and twenty yards away miss it and drill another fifty feet or more to find drops. It's not about the water retard it's about the rocks under you. Kids these days and their damn kek s I tell ya

$60.50 a Square foot. $100,000 house with 1,000 Square feet = $10.00 a Square foot.

KEKED.

Who's tried capitalism since the Icelandic people's hundreds of years ago? Read a book bitch this isn't close to capitalism

>230 sq. ft

That's small. Like... really small. That isn't the size of a house. A house is at least 1,000 sq. ft. And that's a small house.
You think you would get used to 230 sq. ft but you won't. It's small. You'll hate it. My bedroom is probably slightly over 230 sq ft.
My point is you don't want to take a morning shit and smell it while you're cooking breakfast.

>stuccos the fucking doors
I will never understand homosexuality

looks like central oregon

No, I live in a state where being called 56% is a complement

>current year
>celebrating that people have to live in literal sheds

At last these cucks can sleep well knowing that Shonqueesha gets to live in a brand new $3000/mo luxury apartment in downtown for free, while they live in a fucking shanty. It's only fair

>taking morning shits
Youre doing it wrong. Its healthier to take a shit before bed. Sleeping with an empty colon is the goal for a multitude of reasons

Seeing as I built the doors from 18 gauge steel and 2x4s, they needed something or they would look like shit. It's actually not (((stucco))), you know that shit that takes 4 Mexicans a week to put on a house while they eat up a ton of money in labor. It's a polymer reinforced waterproofer that I blew out of a texture gun. Looks just like stucco and costs $25 and 2 hours

Glorification of poverty and settling by the elites continues. I pay $550/mo mortgage for 3 acres and a large brick house. Streams on either side of my property. Deer wander down from the mountains to pose for my m1 scope. This faggot farts in his house he has to take a vacation.

I was. You can get a reasonable car for $2k.

I split room and board with my mom. But yeah, that’s the point, good parenting doesn’t mean kicking your kids out the door when they hit 18. Also obviously I pirate everything, what kind of idiot doesn’t?

Damned if you do damned if you don’t eh?