Did you go through an atheist phase?

Did you go through an atheist phase?

Other urls found in this thread:

openbible.info/topics/fear_of_the_lord
openbible.info/topics/fool
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 4:1-6&version=NKJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 17:16-34&version=NKJV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, I fell for the lies and contextless quotes from cucked bibles. I hated God and felt I was superior for having cast him off.
Luckily his love and patience knows no bounds. He called me back softly and I sought him out earnestly, and I was forgiven.

Never said that I was an atheist, but I was that guy who said: “lol, like there’s this man who lives on a cloud and passes judgement on others, how can somebody believe this, right guys?”

Yep. Still can't be convinced on the existence of a specific god, but everything is.. more.. than random

yeah, at 7 years old i was at bible school and this fat fuck preachers son arlo was teasing my weak little buddy that his letter to santa wasnt real. i pushed his fat 7 year old ass over and screamed "neither is jesus", i got banned from church, at 7. went many years as ancap/atheist, then i took phase 2 and 3 of the redipill. at 35, i know god is real, there is a creation, the alternative is fucking absurd. and the god damn kikes are banking on both sides, as they always do.

>believing in deities

Why are Murricans so retarded?

Amen user

>i know god is real
No you don't, you believe he's there, and believing is the opposite of knowing

yeah when I was like 12

Yes. I'm currently in one.

nope, almost died last year. saw a black thing come for me, i reached out at it as i would with any lcd trip, because things that arent real go away when you touch them. the brain realizes when contact is made if its there or not. this didnt. the other side is very real. i posted it when it happened, but i was far too afraid to detail it. i know.

>believing is the opposite of knowing
anyone want to take a shot at this?

So you believe AND you are retarded, got it.

think what you want, i've seen the darkness. for me, i know. belief left that night.

Nah, had an esoteric one instead.

Glad you found Jesus 35 user

>be raised in non-denom church that openly opposes faggotry and sucking off israel unlike catholicucks and denominational Protestants (pastor routinely referenced Revelation 3:19 - ‘Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie’ and say modern Jews are almost always the ones referenced in this verse)
>stop believing in god around 16, now 23 and still don’t
>still plan on raising my kids in a non-denom church anyway so they don’t get brainwashed by cultural marxists
I’m an atheist but I realize the vast majority of atheists are libtards.

can you describe it more? what kind of black thing?
>inb4 nig

No, because I'm not fucking retarded.

I went to church every Sunday and I assumed that nobody believed any of it, that it was just stories that adults tell to feel better about the horrible aspects of life that we can't change.

I was right of course but holy shit should I have not told people about it in the 70's in Rural Alberta.

I didn't stop resisting the brainwashing nonsense, but I did stop talking about it once I got older and realized that people are by and large too afraid to confront their weaknesses to begin to fix them, so I might as well use their tribal delusions to my benefit...

No.

I have been irreleligious my entire life and I still am. Nobody can prove to me the existence of any supernatural deity, so I live my life as though there isn't one until it is proven otherwise. Irregardless of what I/others call myself, that makes me an atheist, and believing in rational facts-based decision making isn't a "phase" unless you have a serious mental health problem.

I still am one. I however know the values and principals the church taught shouldve not been forgotten.

>in the 70's in Rural Alberta.

God damn, how old are you?

There was a phase where I was just incredibly angry at anything christian related, having been raised as a roman catholic. The odds of there being some supernatual diety are next to nothing, but not impossible, and I still hold that view. But as I got older I quickly realized that Christians are good for the world, while Muslims and Jews are not.

At the end of the day I just try to be as decent of a person as possible to my family and country.

Still in that phase. I will switch to norse paganism after I get a qt Aryan waifu.

>faith in god has anything to do with religion

For about a year yeah. I rejected Christianity by the time I was 13 but never went full blown fedora tipper until say 2015. But spring of 2016 I started to get redpilled and realized what a fag I had became. I still don't consider myself a christian but I do believe in a god/ higher power/ root cause for everything.

>being a christcuck

lmfao keep worshipping your kyke on a stick. heil WODIN

>irregardless

I think he meant faith, in which case he's right. Faith, by definition, requires the absence of proof.

Well put, I agree.
Also, to add to this, I can give credit to some of the benefits that Christians brought to the western society through history, and I can respect religious individuals... But I'm willing to gamble and wait to see what it on the other end when I die. If I was wrong, oops oh well.

>strawmanning

Not once did I say I had a problem with religious people or religion in general, only specifically do I state that I have/am irreligious and that there is no proof of the existence of god and that believing that evidence should be used i9n decision making isn't a "phase".

Feel free continuing misrepresent what I said though.

It's in the dictionary, in common usage and only deemed to be incorrect in some areas of English.

Try again if you want.

>Did you go through an atheist phase?
Like most Catholic clergy, yes.

not jesus, though i hold no ill will towards christian ideologies as long as you dont do what the jew tells you. i do firmly understand there is far more going on than we know. a thousand years ago, a man with knowledge and theories about electricty would have been called a heretic or sorcerer, and tried as such. whatever i saw that night, in my moment of absolute weakness, scared the fucking shit out of me. gf of 2 years stood me up on new years to do coke, so i dumped her, and ate all 45 of her xanax, i dont do pills, at all. i spent 4-5 days wondering if i was about to die. the 2nd night, something came. i still sleep with iron crosses under my bed, i dont know why, im german so it helps. i've nearly died more times than i can count (was a degenerate, adrenaline junkie), and have saved 2 physical lives with my own hands. im sure its real. i also very much believe in the magic (advanced social engineering and our collective consciousness).
for your trips i'll describe in more detail. i laid in bed waiting to die for nearly 24 hours, the 2nd night i saw somethingi can only describe as the "ring wraiths" from the first lotr movie, but not white or distinguishable features at all, just black 3d silhouette of a very old man coming from the shadows on the dark side of my room over my bed, the light contrasts from a large book shelf making a 45 degree angle of light across my bed, i touched it, it moved, i moved into the light and screamed god please help me, it wouldnt cross into the light, and went back into the shadow side and disappeared. been walking a very narrow path ever since. i dont care if you believe, i know.

also, plz grammar nazi
>irregardless

Yep, for 34 years

But I don't talk about it, and if I do it's to ponder the deeper meaning of religious faith and the meaning of the symbolism and cultural practices.

Only fags and edgelords are scared to give God it's due consideration

This is literally me minus the non-denom church.

Am atheist. Still atheist. But I see the value in Christianity now. Feminists being apologists for Islam is what flipped me.

I'm retarded, but not that much

>copy-pasted from a previous post in response to someone who said the exact same thing:

It's in the dictionary, in common usage and only deemed to be incorrect in some areas of English.

If all you faggots can say in response is to target my use of a word that is technically correct, you're really in a sad state of affairs.

>rational facts-based decision making
>doesn't make the rational decision to live as is there is the supernatural over guaranteed loss of naturalism

Pascal's wager only considers Christianity because it's the only game in town, but presupposing the absence of the supernatural for literally no benefit isn't rational, or a fact-based decision.

Live as if there is no supernatural, or live as if there is the supernatural, and if there is not, the results are identical: you lose everything.

If there is the supernatural and you pursue it by all means necessary, you stand gain beyond measure if it is and you are persistent enough to discover.

You're an atheist by convenience, negligence. Not reason.

This meme is basically exactly what happened to me. Are you a Hindu? I've been increasingly drawn to that religion and it's ideas.

I'd say I'm neither. I like to think there is some higher being. But I simply can't prove it, so I can't fully believe it. I realize the point of faith, and atheists arguing with that obviously don't realize how idiotic they are to argue with a concept such as faith.
Sometimes I pray, but a good portion of the time I pray for wholly selfish things. So I also realize I am doing it wrong, if I was to do it properly.
I have a cross hanging on my wall that was gifted to me by a preacher I met some time ago, it's really nice, hand crafted. Sometimes If I do something I feel bad for, I'll say sorry in front of it. But afterward I always feel a bit stupid for saying that, but despite that I still do it.

If I had to label myself, I'd say I'm a Agnostic Theist. I feel like there is, or at least should be something out there. Whether they are some kind of Christian, Catholic or Protestant God, I don't know. For all I know it could just be some Cosmic being having a little fun with his infinite life span wholly outside of our realm of understanding. But again, without any kind of proof, I don't really want to comment that much on the matter.
I've pretty much always been like this, so no, I am not nor have ever been an Atheist.

Like enslaving niggers, raping little boys and waging war with the world over whos imaginary friend is the correct one?

Probably when in 8th grade, it was never fedora levels but then I’ve never experienced this profound joy or peace in God either.
I still have a lot of issues with God or how it all makes sense, I guess with age I try not to whine about things I don’t understand or claim doesn’t exist.

>not jesus
Jesus is who stopped the entity that day. If you go agnostic or edgy new age garbage, you'll see them again, and they won't stop.

You need to seek Christ.

but not in the absence of evidence, nor even the absence of the preponderance of evidence.

well I also agreed with basically everything you said in my earlier post here

I'm glad that you say agnostic theist instead of just agnostic, which some people think is a middle ground between theist and atheist but really is them being an ignorant cuck.

To add to my previous post, even as an atheist I am willing to functionally entertain a god.. if I had to pick it would be the god of creativity and nature of fascists.

It's not a phase Mom it's who I am.

>determine your belief system through cowardice and fear of what might be rather than a reasoned determination of what is based upon the evidence

You are the kind of religious person I do have a problem with, you and Islamists. The lowest form of coward that bows to something purely because you're afraid of what might happen if you don't.

>but presupposing the absence of the supernatural for literally no benefit isn't rational, or a fact-based decision.

I don't determine that there is or isn't a god/supernatural deity. I don't even say that in the post, so you're another one of these idiots trying to strawman me. I said with carefully chosen words
>Nobody can prove to me the existence of any supernatural deity, so I live my life as though there isn't one until it is proven otherwise.

Nowhere do I say '"THERE IS NO GOD"(prior to just then, obviously). I say "What rational argument is there for believing in something with literally 0 shreds of verifiable evidence to support it's claimed existence? None, so until someone can prove otherwise I will act and live as though there isn't one.

>blah blah blah I'm a whiny pseudo pretentious brainlet
It's glaringly obvious you're trying to sound intelligent but you're not intelligent enough to know what that actually sounds like lmao tough luck kiddo.

You're not baiting me into wasting my time.

Feel free to keep trying though.

Nope still atheist, sorry christcuck.

>I've seen the darkness

Yeah that's called being dead retard. Zero conscience for eternity because you are dead

just to be fair and honest user, i called out to god, not jesus, i remember it vividly. i think of it as a radio wave, and all matter and energy are transceivers of some sort. i believe in thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred. i believe something came for my energy after i freely relinquished it. just to be clear, i have no quarrels with jesus, probably a great dude. i just dont believe we are alone, and i know for a fact the jews co-opt movements they cant control. if its real, then its all of our father, not just his.

Atheist phase? You mean, being born?

openbible.info/topics/fear_of_the_lord

Those who fear God are wise, and they do not fear death. They have a place in His kingdom; a home.

You are a fool and you fear death because you do not know what lies there. You are poor in spirit and homeless.

I believe they are called the Shadow People. I have no idea if they are figments of our consciousness or in fact demons.
I first heard about them from this whore I banged. She was explaining her drug usage, and how she’d be awake for so long because of meth that she’d start to see the Shadow People. Freaked me the fuck out.

Jesus is God.

Yeah, back as a teenager all the way to early adulthood, went agnostic at that point, now I'm a grumpy old geezer in full deus vult mode. Wouldn't change a thing.

>regurgitating dogma

Ill be waiting for when you present a real argument. Maybe start with some verifiable evidence of the existence of your God instead of immediately assuming his existence because that's the way you were brought up/indoctrinated.

I went through this entire chart in about 6 days when I was a senior in hs

Yes. I still don't think of God as an anthropomorphic sky fairy though.

you can name call all you want. i've done shrooms and lcd, specifically to see what it can show you. was an atheist for many years, even believed in the ancaps retarded feels religion. whatever i saw that night, moved when i touched it, like putting your hand through thick burning tire smoke. i've probably been dead more times than you have been truly alive.

Everybody does. It lasts from your birth to the point you start to be taught whatever religious beliefs your parents have.

openbible.info/topics/fool
Why should I reinvent the wheel? I have no reason to offer any argument beyond what there already is. You are prideful and dead inside.

I was raised Atheist, most people I know were. Lately I've been exploring religion.

yep. right around my ayn rand phase.

i was an atheist. died when i was 19. found god.
thought it was all bullshit until that moment.
god is the truth.

it took me almost 11 years after that to accept jesus.

grew up an atheist, and now god is king.
i know no other way now, it is the truth.

and even if death is void, at least you can find god while your alive, and it's worth checking out.

i'll give you a maybe. cant be proven either way, the jews saw to that a long time ago.
yeah i've heard these stories from people that od on the regular, i never gave it much thought until last year. friends with a lot of them, tried hard not to judge them for their problems but instead be a positive influence on them, since i require none of that shit and at 35 i know a lot of dead people from pills/heroin/alcohol/coke. like 30-40, i was popular.

regardless what any of you think, know, or believe. i experienced this, and i answered 100% honestly.

What sort of idiot actually believes this?

Surprised you didn't call me a fedora or something, that's the best way to bait angry responses from people around this topic today.

>I have no reason to offer any argument beyond what there already is.

So you're actively admitting that you don't have an argument worth posting because you know your dogma doesn't constitute intellectual discourse? Thanks for own-goaling there kid.

Nobody believes you, just so you know.

I was an edgy Dawkins reader and converted like three or four girlfriends and subordinates at work. Now I just don’t really care but god is still Santa Claus.

>Maybe start with some verifiable evidence of the existence of your God

If the "evidence" you expect is material, based on observation, it makes as much sense to ask for "evidence" for a supernatural god as it does to try and take a photogrpah of the song you're hearing on the radio.

>Lately I've been exploring religion.

I've been studying Stoicism. It's a kind of Christian-Bhuddhist-Existentialist style belief. It has a lot less baggage than some of those beliefs too, plus they have a whole series of guides to how to handle issues in your life (everything from how to handle crowds to how to socialize).

Plus thier metaphysics are fascinating.

Me. You don't believe in god until you are taught to.

Your questions have been posited to many men smarter than I for thousands of years. Christ is Lord, and He still has His church. There are some in this thread now.

You are not new. You are not intelligent. You are only prideful.
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 4:1-6&version=NKJV

I'll check it out, thanks.

So you admit there is no logical reason for belief in the supernatural because you cannot observe it's existence nor it's effects on the real world?

>it makes as much sense to ask for "evidence" for a supernatural god as it does to try and take a photogrpah of the song you're hearing on the radio.

Terrible comparison by the way. You can determine if something is there from hearing it, as one of your senses is capable of receiving that information. Nobody has a supernaturalometer organ that allows them to peer into the divine or supernatural realm, so you cannot justify your belief in it through any rational means.

>more dogma, still zero evidence

There are holy texts of hundreds of other religions, what makes you so sure you're right and they're wrong, considering the only fundamental difference between the two of you is that a Hindu was born and raised in India and you were (presumably)born and raised in a Christianized location.

You cannot justify your beliefs through anything but through dogma, why are you still posting?

Epictetus is a joy to read,
>You idiot
>Fool,
Direct and abrasive.

bless you sir, I hope to meet you in heaven

This

Kind of. My view on God lacks any mysticism greatly.

>believing is the opposite of knowing
Dumbass.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 17:16-34&version=NKJV

I can't believe because my ego is too big. How do I defend something I can't prove? Thinking that I strive for the Truth is very foundational to my worldview. I can at least claim I can defend pretty intelligently every view I hold.

At the same time I realize I'd probably be a better and more productive person if I really believed in a god, so there's the evolutionary advantage of believing. I can't make myself accept a ''noble lie'' though.

all religions have truth to them, only 1 of them explains all of them, read the book of Enoch first before you just jump to a religion

I had a good guy weeb phase luckily enought I never bought a Fedora or trenchcoat or fell into atheist though I wanted a leather jacket but poorfag

Now this is a man who has great faith

>a supernatural divine being who is capable of creating entire universes forgives me personally

Never in my life have I seen such deluded arrogance or unchecked egotism.

I'll check it out... don't really have any interest in abrahamic religion but I will proceed with an open mind.

And the fool lashes out at what he hates: God. And now he has adopted mimicry. You know you are the prideful one, yet you would have the shamelessness to call someone else prideful.

>more dogma

Don't respond to reasoned argument with anything of substance, just keep talking out the state-approved Communist talking poin...oh wait, you're a christian. Almost had me fooled for a second there.

Came out of this phase recently. Don't believe there is a God but am open to the possibility.

That is literally the original atheist position before it got bastardized by Marxists and other scum.

"There is no evidence to suggest that there is a god, so I will live my life until there is proof to the contrary" is the original Atheist position (Lack of belief in a god, NOT belief in the lack of a god, fundamental semantic difference).

Just don't be such a masochist to fall into the dogma trap of cucks in this thread.

In highschool

When you look around and see that almost every single problem with western culture derives from a rejection of Christianity and our cultural heritage, things start to fall into place

Religious values (derived from cultural values present before) has technically nothing to do with God.

Lack of belief in god and rejecting cultural norms, while generally grouped together, aren't technically linked.

Agnostic, never atheist. In doubt which "God" to believe in. Still kind of agnostic, but believe that Christianity is (by far) the only way to go. Atheism is flawed and just Jewish bullshit.