68% of Americans are overweight (including 38% that are obese)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAA

US: 38% Obese
Mexico: 32% Obese
New Zealand: 30.7
Hungary: 30
Australia: 30
UK: 26.9
Canada: 25.6

Overweight (including obese)

Mexico: 70%
US: 68%
Hungary: 60%
UK: 60%
Canada: 50%
Spain: 45%

oecd.org/health/health-systems/Obesity-Update-2017.pdf

that's largely because of a longer life expectancy and access to food via our economic success though. so you know, i mean it's not all such a negative thing.

Well I'm not obese and very comfortable with my personal weight, as well as very comfortable being white from several different sub races.

Nation-wide statistics don't affect me. It is sad to see, though.

oh also part of the reason US has such higher numbers is because people who are muscular because they work out are technically categorized as "overweight" and sometimes even "obese" based on their BMI. just telling you, this is a fact. gym culture is a big deal here and it changes the numbers.

>amerimutt meme

divide and conquer shill

shill thread, sage, report, ignore

Why are spics so poor yet so fat

> triggered by the only good maymay of 2017
Reddit pls go

>meme flag
>good meme

new zealand is only near the top of these lists because maori's and polys are naturally fat cunts

t.mutt boi

>>amerimutt meme
>divide and conquer shill
>shill thread, sage, report, ignore

the amerimutt meme is interesting. it's not the worst meme in the world. our country is demographically fucked, and i think it's good that people bring attention to that (even if they are just doing it to troll).
technically though, people who aren't from this country don't understand why it's not really accurate. the country might be heavily demographically mixed but what the euros here don't understand is that its a segregated society. blacks live in black places, whites in white places, spics in spic places, even asians mostly live in asian places. street shitting indians are the only ones that acutally mix with white society with any regularity, and we don't have a lot of those.

they think we're all over here living side by side or something. they don't realize when you walk down the streets of most places in America (so long as its not a big coastal city) it looks more or less racially homogenous.

If we deported all the Mexican women back our BMI would drop

>Memeflag
>Reddit tier taste in memes
It checks out, though I expected a kekistan flag

IF YOU WORK OUT AND PUT ON 20 POUNDS OF MUSCLE YOU GET TECHNICALLY CLASSED AS "OVERWEIGHT"
i mean, something tells me people don't understand that with regards to these numbers. we have an awful lot of fucking protein shakes in the USA.

>(memeflag)
t. kikes

Why do people keep forgetting Virgin vs. Chad exists?

>hungary
How can they be obese if they don’t have anything to eat?

how is a shithole like mexico almost as fucking fat as the most gluttonous and excessive country in human history? just how bad of a combination is native and spanish genes? christ.

> almost
It's even fatter

What the fuck? Why is entire world so fat? Has it been this way historically?

I don't care about your DNA results from (((23&me))) (Jewgle).

It's super weird to me that you don't recognise that as the root of like half your problems

They're very hungary.

reminder that it's the polynesians that bring up our national obesity so high

This is now a hitler thread.

But I don't have a meme flag

The amazing thing is blacks and spics are even higher in the US.

Almost half of black adults are obese, and 42% of spic adults are as well.

Fucking 82% of black women are obese or overweight in the US.

obviously I was talking to the post below you.

So UK is at 60% but they still have the gull to call us amerifats

no

as i've said elsewhere in this thread, a lot of the "obesity" that people say is a health problem here is due to bodybuilders, who believe it or not, get medically and statistically classed as "obese" and "overweight".

we have a healthy gym culture here and a lot of protein shakes. beyond that, thankfully, we don't have a lot of starving people.

the multiculturalism and demographic issue is a real issue, and its straining our collective psyche, but the hypothesis you are advancing and the idea that americans are uniquely overweight is largely a myth.

Even with fish'n'chips and pies we still can't beat the USA. How do you do it?

170lb
6'2
pure white
>I can't wait to watch these people die off.

>pure white

>oh also part of the reason US has such higher numbers is because people who are muscular because they work out are technically categorized as "overweight" and sometimes even "obese" based on their BMI. just telling you, this is a fact. gym culture is a big deal here and it changes the numbers.

this has to be one of the funniest explanations of the american obese soul

Im 5'11 185 lbs with 12% body fat and my bmi is 25.8 considered overweight.

>5'11
So the Amerigoblin meme is actually real.

dude you guys are insane. this is a fact. this is reality. if you actually cared about finding answers and looking into why these obesity numbers are what they are, you'd find out that this is 100% factual. people who work out and are exceptionally fit often get labeled as "overweight" in the statistical tabulations. then journalists print it because it sells to say "look how fat people are getting" and idiots like you eat it up left and right. you don't stop to think about it because i guess you just hate americans and this just confirms your biases.

t. 5'8" manlet just trying to act cool on the internet.

He's correct though. Mass studies like this only look at the height and weight of the respondents, they don't factor in BF% so two people of the same height and weight may be classed as overweight/obese even though one is genuine fatass and the other is a bodybuilder.

t. 200+

exactly. i've always been a broadly built person. i'm 5'11" and for me to be "normal weight" would essentially be impossible. i was "normal weight" at one period in my life and everywhere i went people said i looked gaunt and unhealthy, and indeed it happened when i was going through a tough time.
and i'm not fat. i've always been athletic and well built. but the truth is that the weight designations are not designed for anyone with even a little bit of muscle on their bones.

>A superfit bodybuilder was branded overweight and put on a strict diet by an NHS nurse simply based on her BMI.
>Anita Albrecht said she was told during a routine appointment she was ‘eating too much’ and needed to lose weight.
>The 39-year-old, who works as a personal trainer, said her body mass index came out at 29 – four points over the healthy range and one short of obese.
>But Ms Albrecht, who competes against some of the world’s leading bodybuilders, said the measure was distorted by her muscle-bound physique.

>Miss Albrecht, who is 1.5m (4ft 11in) tall and weighs about 66kg (10st), saw the nurse during an appointment about contraception at a family planning clinic in Harold Hill, east London.
>She was told she needed to exercise more, eat less and to cut alcohol and fruit juice from her diet.

yeah i weigh over 200+ jesus christ that'st he point. ever go to a gym and lift weights? that's what happens. muscle weighs more than fat and you pack on pounds. you wouldn't look at someone like that and think "fat" but their bodyweight goes up significantly.

based on the lack of understanding you are showing of this simple reality i could easily look at you and say "t. 5'8" manlet who is scrawny and never put an ounce of muscle on in his life". and i would probably be right.

yes, exactly. i am technically "obese" according to medical charts but if you looked at me it would be obvious that i'm the farthest thing from "obese" and that's whats wrong with the stats that OP is posting. if you have muscle you're going to weight a lot more, that's just how shit goes. people in the USA are pretty into gym culture and they get buff, what can you say. it's not really a bad thing at the end of the day.

>mutt reading comprehension

It's OK user, it's not his fault, remember, in Sweden you will be arrested if you work out.

>A well-built man was forced to take a drugs test in Stockholm recently after a police officer assumed that muscles like his could only have been developed with the help of illegal substances.
>The female assistant police officer got into a conversation with Tomislav Boduljak and his friend late at night in central Stockholm.

>According to Boduljak, 27, the police officer was pleasant at first, but changed her attitude when he said he worked out. Saying his muscles were 'abnormal', she said he must have used drugs.

i literally read your comment exactly right. why not just admit you are wrong and the premise of this entire thread is wrong? it clearly demonstrably is. you're humiliating yourself by being willfully ignorant to facts.

Oh shut the fuck up and stop being ridiculous, you are beyond delusional if you think the america's weight problem is in fact americans being too buff.

oh jesus christ, you're right. i remember when that happened. that's a real story. yeah sweden is fucked.

when i think of it that way, i bet people like that would freak the fuck out if they came over here to the US and went to the beach and saw all of the massive fucking meatheads who like bears at the beach or something. maybe they don't see things like that regularly where they're from. apparently not if they are detaining people for being buff.

>you're humiliating yourself by being willfully ignorant to facts
This coming from a man that has apparently never heard of the metric system.

the story he is referencing is a real story. i don't know too much about your culture with regards to these things but over here we have multiple gyms in every town, many are 24 hours, and people get really into them. protein shakes and work out supplements are a huge industry here. i have no idea why you're so resistant to the simple reality.

like shouldn't you realize that jouranlists and media types are just more interested in selling these numbers as "look how fat people are" because it's a story that sells?

like i am from the USA, if you walk around here you don't see a bunch of fat people. most people are in fairly decent shape bare minimum.

huh? what do you even mean never heard of the metric system? what are you talking about? are you even serious? do you have brain damage or something? like what is your deal. you are a humiliation to yourself in this thread. please go to bed or go outside and get some fresh air. you need it. it will help you. you need to reset your batteries or something.

The literature suggests at least 5% of those classed as overweight have a low body fat percentage, ie, bodybuilders with a high BMI. I'm not saying America ISN'T fat, but certainly there are proportionately more bodybuilders in America than most of the other countries on the fat list.
Why? Because proportionately more Americans have the money and time to invest in a bodybuilder lifestyle than say, Mexicans.

I didn't realise how high we are on the rankings

are you saying that you're referencing a different standard of measurement when you say 200? not pounds? that's your own fault for not specifying if you meant kg or something. nobody would reasonably believe that you would suggest anyone ways 200kg. there are very few people in the world that actually weigh that much. so if there's an issue of measurement it's completely your own fault for not specifying your unit of measurement.

but yes i weight over 210 pounds at 5'11" and i am technically considered "obese" on medical charts but i am the farthest thing from fat, literally the farthest thing from it.

There is still hope for him. A few years ago I was a DYEL manlet, my only saving grace was well-developed legs from years of distance cycling, but my upper body was pitiful. I started going to the gym to work on my upper body 6 months ago and I've gone from benching 40kg to benching 75kg in those 6 months and I've put on 15 pounds whilst lowering my body fat.
I know those numbers are laughable but I'm an unashamed manlet so I'm proud that I can bench more than my body weight, and more than some of the lanklets in my gym.

and we have the money to buy all of those expensive shakes and supplements and we do it.

If you remove minorities from that equation, specifically hispanics, the percentage drops drastically.

It's all the maoris/polynesians. They are either fuckhueg tanks or massive lardasses. I have never seen a Maori or Polynesian who wasn't one or the other.

fuckin' hispanics are always fucking fat, dunno what's up with that.

I live in the thinnest state - Colorado

there is a social stigma to obesity, many whites who move here quickly lose weight. Even our blacks are thin. What has given us a slight uptick in fatness is hispanics.

Americans actually have food... at least something that slightly resembles food.

Are you an actualy retarded person burgerfriend?
Becasue then I'd feel bad about picking on you.
>>t.5'8"
>>t.200+
Simple enough for you?

Its a condition called Hashimotos Thyroidosis.

Look it up.

I'd like to see demographics on this because most of the fat fucks I see are women and niggers. And I'd be willing to bet 80% of niggers are very overweight to obese

>access to food via our economic success
So how do you explain Western European countries being largely more healthy?
Just admit you have a problem with food already you fat mutt

> resembles food

Yeah op we already know

he explains it by us being poor you stupid frog

did you read the rest of the thread though? did you read the rest of the comments i posted? about how the way the data is tabulated it classifies people who are healthy, fit and work out as "overweight" because muscle weighs more than fat? if you delve deeper into the numbers and the methodology you see that it's just journalistic spin. the data has more to do with america's gym culture and robust protein shake market than an obesity problem, in actually.

all you euros are on here saying this, but if you actually came to the US you'd see that there are not that many fat people here. it's a media lie. what you probably would see are a lot of large gorilla-sized men walking down the streets in tight shirts that say "TAPOUT" on them, and they're all classed as "obese" under this data

you don't see obese people on the streets because they don't leave their house, pretty sure at least 30% of the Sup Forumstards are obese

So what you're saying is that there are over tens of millions of bodybuilders that skew the statistics. I don't buy it.

that's not true, read and the rest of the comments in this thread. the data is wrongly interpreted. it's just a media lie. sorry, i know you want to shit on america but the reality is the reality here. muscle weighs more than fat and medical charts, including BMI, infamously don't take that into account. and here in the USA we have gyms EVERYWHERE, even people who work in offices have gyms provided to them and when you drive through a commerical district you can see them peddling away on their fucking exercise bikes through the windows and stuff.

I'm a big boi

you guys don't even live here. i love it. you're saying "americans are fat, americans are fat" you don't even live here though. even when presented with the actual reason the data gets misinterpreted, you still prefer to cling to your hateful beliefs about americans. whatever. i don't care if you hate americans, this is the reality though.

and no, they don't have to be "bodybuilders" specifically, but if they work out at all on a regular basis, which nearly everyone here does, they will put on muscle and get into the overweight or possibly even the obese category, despite being healthy and fit.
and honestly almost all young people are "bodybuilders" here. like my old college campus everyone worked out. that's what americans do. we live pretty leisurely lives of plenty, so we end up spending most of our time at the gym trying to pick up women or whatever. i duno what you people do for exercise......go to the wells and get water? milk the cows? harvest your potatos? whatever, i'm sure all of that stuff is good exercise, but i don't think it builds muscle in the same way iron bars and plates do.

honestly if you actually visted the US you would see that even people who work in little cubicles have these big gyms in their offices that they go and use on their lunch breaks. everyone who is relatively young and healthy here just goes to the gym and works out, and that builds muscle, henceforth more weight. doesn't make them "bodybuilders" it's just the culture here.