Tomo-chan

HMMM

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroke
youtube.com/watch?v=dmdOSIzsq3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Haha! Made you flinch!

>Jun pulled his punch

Does he consider sempai not a man or something?

We'll, hopefully he's trying to teach sempai something.

I'm guessing he's proving to Senpai that he can't even make Tomo blush or hope to get stronger if he so much as flinches at a feint.

One of those "hands off my woman" moments, except he doesn't actually say she's his.

>I'm gonna punch as hard as I can, and stop right in front of his face.

>and then blow his mind

Also, we need an editor again

I can do it if it's quick

>tfw moving head to the side or deflecting the punch with your hand isn't your first instinct
What the hell did senpai learn in karate?

>Hands off my woman
And Tomo will never realize it

Title: Couldn't accept it on his own

Misaki: UOOOO!!!

Misaki: ih-!?
Jun: Big swings are no good you know

Misaki: kuh-!!
Jun: Please don't think a little temporary fighting spirit will get you anywhere

Jun: If you want to be acknowledged by the strong, you've gotta keep hacking up blood 'til you overtake them. It can't be any other way.

Karate club is basically a McDojo. Otherwise Sempai wouldn't have lasted that long.

If this is accurate, this page is very not-Tomo like. Thanks

The strong rule over the weak.

Senpai looks super cute in that second panel

The weak pool resources and hire strong thugs.

shit chapter

Admit that you're a corpophage.

>If you want to be acknowledged by the strong, you've gotta keep hacking up blood 'til you overtake them. It can't be any other way.
Is Tomo a sport manga now?

Yes Senpai will grow a pair and get with Carol, get we get away from this complete bore already

fumita's wild ride continues

>Terrified of death
>Cute

running in circles doesnt count as wild

Um, you've seen Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, right?

well this development is pretty hard to reconcile with this page. I don't really know how it all fits.

Time for a drink.

Does this explain Jun's actions around Tomo?

his new ones, but the last page implied that his feelings towards fighting tomo aren't new. It's confusing.

>Don't go for big moves
Does Fumita know actual fighting?

But user, don't you want to prolong your battles so you & your opponent can enjoy it as much as possible?

Might.
my personal take is that while he's indeed stronger than Tomo, but he can't bring himself to beat her fair and square. He's pulling his punches.
"He can't accept it himself" refers to the first bubble of the last panel. Jun doesn't want to overtake her.
Do you? Making a telegraphed move is the best way to get your clock cleaned against a trained opponent.

>Do you
That's why I'm asking if Fumita knows actual fighting. Someone who doesn't fight would have know knowledge of telegraphing your moves. Someone who doesn't fight would have no knowledge of getting out the most power with the least movement.

I really don't think that makes sense. It would be a real shift in his thought.

Ah yes, the daily disappointment is here.

come back in a month
then maybe you'll be right

You don't need to be a fighter to know how to fight. You can learn pretty extensive amounts of stuff about fighting from just reading/watching stuff online and chatting with fighters online.

user that's basically one of the few basic things experienced fighters tell everyone who bothers to listen.

I disagree. A lot of that requires you to actually physically partake in it. Someone who say takes inspiration from nothing but dragon ball would have no knowledge of this.
Yeah, but I doubt Fumita actually fights.

He's chasing. That's his goal, but he doesn't have the guts to do it (just like how he doesn't have the guts to confess.) That's why he doesn't have the same spirit as when he fights Tomo. He doesn't have fun because he knows he's gonna have to overtake her sooner or later.
Seriously, the moment we see him beat Tomo without pulling a punch, the thing ends after another 14 chapters and they finally get together.

>lot of that requires you to actually physically partake in it
Knowing how to actually do it, sure. Knowing how it works in theory, no.

>takes inspiration from nothing but dragon ball
Well, no shit. That's not actually about martial arts. Any actual series about martial arts will address these things.

>Knowing how it works in theory, no
This requires an active knowledge. Which I don't expect writers like Fumita to have. But I expect the Hajime no Ippo writer to have that knowledge.

I like where this manga is going.

panel 4 here is what makes it confusing. It sounds like this isn't that new of a thing.

>hack up blood until you overtake them

Is Jun making an analogy to breaking a tomboy's hymen?

It reminds me of my sparing sessions with my tomboy.

"Active knowledge" is not a term that means anything. It takes like half an hour of online reading at any given point in your entire lifetime to learn the level of things that you're talking about.

At this point, Jun should say something like "If this is really the best you can do, do you really think you can protect Carol the next time something like "that" happens again?" Seriously, the guy wants to get stronger and yet he's still not treating this seriously, he's wasting their time and his own being so half assed.

well, keep in mind that Jun was less than senpai as a kid.

>This requires an active knowledge
Nope. I've picked it up and I haven't sought it.

>Is not a term that means anything
Yes it does. It means actually knowing how to fight, how actual fighters train and work. The guy who is behind Hajime No Ippo would have a shitty manga if he had no knowledge of how real fighters train.
>Less than senpai as a kid
???
Explain further please

No amount of knowledge ever translates to real life experience if you don't practice them.

Take me. A year or two of Eskrima(or Kali to you westerners) and I was literally shaken up when my teacher decided to pull a prank by mugging me from behind. Forgot everything taught to me.

Dude, it's pretty much common knowledge that you shouldn't swing a mile long before punching a guy.

Active knowledge is more than just taking a passive interesting in the subject you are participating in. It's also more than just living in the the past and basing all your judgments upon the past.
Have you seen non fighters try to fight? They literally telegraph all their punches. An actual competitive boxer that knows how to throw his punches like Bruce Lee (for example) is not common knowledge.

did your sparing sessions end in the mating press after hand-holing and missionary position?

Christ, you all sound like retards, stop talking about fighting, and start talking about tomboys.

>No amount of knowledge ever translates to real life experience
I didn't say that it did. I'm saying that you have to be retarded to think that you somehow won't learn how aikido works if you google "aikido", just because you haven't physically practiced the sport.

>Active knowledge is more than just taking a passive interesting in the subject you are participating in. It's also more than just living in the the past and basing all your judgments upon the past.
so we're just making up words now? okay
ticklemonster

user, tomboys are all about fighting. They're about sparing & competing. Never stop the competition. Compete to see who can get the better high-score. Compete to see who can hold their breath longer. Compete & wrestle for dominance in the bedroom.

>We're just making up knowledge
No. I'm describing a coach who has actually taken part in the thing they're coach instead of a coach who only knows theory.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroke

Is that what you just had and you're incapable of typing sentences? Or discussing Tomo?

That's boring. Reverse mating press, on the other hand, is superior, especially with tomboys.

So we know Jun's hang up is that he feels unworthy of Tomo's affections because he wants to "catch up to her," but he's oblivious/in denial to the fact that he already has. What, does he think that suddenly everything becomes pointless after he overtakes Tomo, so he pretends he hasn't yet so he can keep doing what he has been? I can't make sense of it beyond that Tomo probably beat the shit out of Jun in their youth to the point of giving him brain damage.

>Explain further please
I'm a layman. I have no interest in fighting. I haven't ever looked for information about fighting. Despite this, I know the concept that you aren't supposed to telegraph your blows. If I got into a fight myself, I don't doubt that I'd telegraph the fuck out of my blows because I haven't practiced, but I know that I'm not supposed to.

Is that clear enough?

I think there's also more than a bit of hero worship going on. One lesson I've learned is that you never want to meet your heroes. They never match up to how you imagine them. Despite your sanitized view of them, they are ultimately human, with all the foibles and failings that it entails. Jun is so desperate to look up to Tomo that he can't admit that she is just a girl. She needs to be his hero. She needs to be the light that he looks towards to learn how to live. Jun can't let go of this idealized version of Tomo, and he doesn't think that he can catch up to this icon that he thinks Tomo is. So the name of this, Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko is twofold. Not only does Jun not see her as a girl, he doesn't even strictly speaking see her as human.

He's oblivious to her affections because he wants to catch up to her.

Can he keep up with her?

Or rather, Jun doesn't realize that Tomo-chan wa Ningen no Ko!

Misuzu is cute! CUTE!!!

THANKS COACH!
youtube.com/watch?v=dmdOSIzsq3Q

I see...
Actually I don't see anything.

Jun can't reconcile the idea of the brilliant Tomo he grew up idolizing and still continues to idolize being weaker than he is merely by simple biology. Acknowledging her as a girl means acknowledging her as physically vulnerable, and when that happens the illusion shatters.

Given that Jun is who he is today almost entirely as a result of his devotion to the "ideal" Tomo represents it's no wonder he resists this reality to the bitter end. The fact that he's almost certainly madly in love with her doesn't help either.

what does this page have to do with this conclusion? I seriously don't see the connection.

Do you always announce your arrival like that?

he tells senpai to try as hard as possible to surpass those better than him -> he can't accept that himself -> that conclusion

Tomo is quickly becoming one of the flattest characters in this series
that's generally a high bar, though, so it leaves some room.

No.
She's happy because she realizes jun has been treating her like a girl the whole time.
Also, watching him bruralize that twink probably has her wet.

one, there's no way in hell she's realized anything.
two, pic related.

Then shes just now noticed that she isn't getting better, juns been holding back.

that makes even less sense. It also has nothing to do with either narrative.

Fair enough.
What's your opinion on tomos expression in panel 4 of:

CHIN DOWN

HANDS UP

My first thought was that tomo was noticing that jun was treating senpai differently than her, which he had done for quite some time before, with her still not realizing why. She's looking sad because she wants him to have fun.

Mine is that it's wistful. She wants to be able to fight Jun like that, but can't because she can't take it and Jun will no longer do that with her.

But Tomo already acknowledges Jun, Jun is the one who is ignoring Tomo's acceptance of him.

>The strong
who are they?

I wonder if this ffight is a commentary on fights in anime? It's Spike vs Kirito, efficient fighting versus lots of screaming and dancing around. No wonder Jun won easily.