Other urls found in this thread:

cagamiincage.wixsite.com/seenoevilyhwh/character
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maria the witch and Saint Young-man.

>animes

/thread

Samurai Champloo

Welcome to the NHK

Osamu Tezuka's Seisho Monogatari (In The Begining in the west)

I watched it in my childhood and it was magnificent

Yugo the negotiator.

I'm not entirely trolling either.

Tenshi no Tamago

Qwaser.

Now fuck off.

Fuck off and kill yourself.

>Animes
Retard.

None of them respect it properly

Is Christianity in Japan a meme?

>Animes
You were so close to getting an honest answer, too

I'm not sure there is one that didn't fall into the same cliche trope of "lul religion is evil guyz" that other forms of media also fall prey to.

Of the ones I've seen:
Maria the virgin witch: lul christians are bad
Hellsing ultimate: christians are the enemy, but at least they are badass
Chrno crusade: it's been awhile but I'm pretty sure the church is shown in a bad light, demon kid becomes a protagonist
Black lagoon: church is corrupt

I'm sure there's many more examples I'm forgetting.

I don't think there's an anime that shows Christianity any respect it deserves.

Beyblade

You're so close to being a retard as well, user. Hey.

Disgusting faggot.

obligatory and >Animes
It's manga, but Vinland Saga is among the best, though it might not count

Just give me the feeling.

I am close to retarded, fortunately I have you to make me look better

steel ball run

I only watched a few episodes of Mario the virgin watch but damn that shit was one of the most inaccurate portrayals I've seen.

I like how she's virgin among it all, so she's basically virtuous when it comes to Christanity but still they made religion bad.

Why should a group of corrupt pedophiles get any respect at all?

Christianity IS evil. It has been all through history. As soon as Christianity became the religion of Rome, it lost any sense of goodness and morality.

Power corrupts, there is NO way for a big religion not to be corrupt.

*tips fedora*

You're confusing Catholicism for Christianity as a whole, just like every other autistic atheist has done since the dawn of organized Christianity.

I'm a Shinto priest and an atheist.

I call it how I see it.

This is like textbook edgy atheist. I'm sorry you didn't have a loving family.

>implying Protestantism is much better
I live in a country that spawned the Protestant ISIS of its time.

Well I feel bad then, because you must be blind. Outside of the Catholic Church Christians are some of the best people you'll ever meet, and their scripture isn't full of money grubbing, pope-shilling Catholic advertisement.

anyone?

This, nothing else is close

The ones that have religious themes are the best:
Haibane renmei
Trigun
Wolf's rain
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

>book says don't be a faggot
>people want in on hyperpower of the times, but still want to fuck boys
You never played pretend, user?
Transgenderism is skyrocketing in Islam, despite passages that explicitly state not to crossdress, do not be effeminate if male, etc.
>Christianity IS evil
Nah, Jesus is a cool dude. Whips the shit out of merchants and doesn't afraid of crucifixion.
>As soon as Christianity became the religion of Rome, it lost any sense of goodness and morality.
alt-righters lmaooooo

Cringe posts like this are why I'm agnostic.

>Chrno Crusade
The anime had a pessimistic view of Holy Church, while in the manga it was shown in a neutral good way.

Eat a dick, Tanya.

Drifters are the villains, even Hitler was a drifter.

>animes
FUCK YOU NEWFAG GET OUT

>Agnostic
"I'm not atheist, but I don't have a religion. Not atheist, though, people will make fun of me for that"

Yes. Same thing we have here with what we consider exotic oriental things. When I was there I saw more girls with crosses than here in Europe in all of my life.

Claymore.

>Haibane renmei
Connections to Christianity are pretty much limited to appearance of Haibanes.

Angel's Egg

>Which one takes the crown

Nice one.

Japanese are way more liberal about religion. Everybody is Shinto and follows 'cultural rites' at Shinto shrines. Japanese Christian sects practice at home, but hardcore like you won't believe. They don't push it onto others though.

I did once get off at a Bus stop and was approached by a beautiful Japanese girl. I thought she was trying to pick me up, but she dragged me to a Christian information booth and tried to convert me to some Japanese 7th day Adventist group.

Japanese values are so heavily entrenched it doesn't matter what religion they practice, they still follow Japanese law and conventions.

In Japan, Japaneseness > Christianity. You still won't see Japanese breaking Japanese conventions due to their religion, Christianity or otherwise.

Because the knowledge Japan knows about cristianity comes from illuminism and protestantism propaganda which always portrays the Church as a corrupt organization.
Despite in reality it was mostly the opposite, the protestants destroyed many pieces of art, were promoted by secular authorities such as kings and the illuminism swapped Christianity for Nationalism and a powerfull centralized states and in many ways much much worse than the Church could ever had done.
Example people cry all the time about the inquisition but the French Revolution killed more people in a year than the Inquisition in three hundred years.

>Why should a group of corrupt pedophiles get any respect at all?
>Islam IS evil. It has been all through history. As soon as Islam became predominant in the Middle East, it lost any sense of goodness and morality.
>Power corrupts, there is NO way for a big religion not to be corrupt.

>reaction: 10000 upboats

>Why should a group of corrupt pedophiles get any respect at all?
>Christianity IS evil. It has been all through history. As soon as Christianity became the religion of Rome, it lost any sense of goodness and morality.
>Power corrupts, there is NO way for a big religion not to be corrupt.

>reaction: LOL atheists

>inb4 totally objective and unbiased reply as to why Islam and Christianity are completely different

>lul christians are
Missing the point.

Maria was all about how humans shouldn't rely on god for everything.
/r/ Bernard's monologue, you know the one.

Nice strawman, Islam has yet to be mentioned. You're still wrong, I disagree with broad statements that shit on literally billions of people no matter what that statement may be. 99% of religious people take it as a deeply spiritual experience, but you'll always target that 1%. Funnily enough, you're just doing it to argue with other atheists that aren't as rampant as you. You seem to like reddit, you should try there.

>we raped and kill less than these horrible faggots
>therefore VItaly, we good guys.
>uh hyuk

Go fuck yourself with a rake, leaf.

>tfw medieval people actually tried to get their cases be handled by the Inquisition since they'd actually get a decently fair trial there compared to literally any other court

>animes

Fist of the North Star.

I think the anime and the manga are very different and I only read the latter, but thematically Maria the Virgin Witch is a mess. The whole story revolves around Maria questioning God's indifference towards people's suffering, but then she backpedals for no other reason than "wait a sec, maybe God has a plan after all?" which came out of nowhere, and that's not all: Ezekiel, who was initially critical of Maria's ways, later gradually changes her mind until she rebels against God.
So what's the fucking conclusion here, was Maria right or wrong? Because I'm getting mixed messages.

I don't remember it being particularly critical of Christians, thought it definitely doesn't portray the Church positively.

>agnostics can't have an opinion like that
Do you even know what agnostic means?

>thread still up

kys

Angel Sanctuary.

>anime related OP
>discussion is relevant and anime related, bar 1 shitposter
How is this a violation of ToS?
Sorry to hear your janitor application was denied, better luck next time.

If I recall correctly, the majority of Japanese Prime Ministers since WW2 have been Christian in some capacity.

>Outside of the Catholic Church Christians are some of the best people you'll ever meet, and their scripture isn't full of money grubbing, pope-shilling Catholic advertisement.
t. Ignorant American.

The fact that the Catholic Church is the most rational and ideologically pure (comparatively speaking) of all the branches of Christianity.

>The fact that the Catholic Church is the most rational and ideologically pure (comparatively speaking) of all the branches of Christianity.
That would be the Orthodox church. Catholics are terrible.

>That would be the Orthodox church
Ah yes, the one with all the mystic pagan stuff mixed in and has split into so many sects with different practices and beliefs that it's no better than Protestantism.

>Catholics are terrible
How are all followers of Catholicism terrible?

>Catholics are terrible
Damn Catholics, what with their morals, shaping of western civilization, pioneering of capitalism, etc.

>pioneering of capitalism
That was Protestants (Calvinists to be precise).

Are you Russian?

What is a protestant ISIS?

>catholic morals
>western civilization
>capitalism

Westboro baptist church

You know they were denounced right? And afaik they just triggered people, not beheading and blowing up non-believers.

Good I was waiting for this thread.
Now I finally have a reason to post this.

Aren't they comprised of a few dozen people?

>can't wait for the Gabriel Dropout jokes
>this discussion instead

Welcome to summer. Enjoy your stay.
Not even. It's one family that has legal protection.

Basically just one extended family.

>Orthodox church

Literally Putin's puppet at this point.

>Hitler was a Drifter
But Hitler was the hero the German people needed?

JOJO Steel Ball Run.
Anime when ffs

Just because capitalism and the reformation sprung up during the same period, doesn't mean the reformation pioneered capitalism. It began in monastaries their ideas for resolving disputes rationally, and the accumulation of long term capital, and using that capital abroad. The church owned nearly a third of Europe and established a system of canon law which pretty much equated to a very early form of capitalism.

Google the Hussite Wars. The movement started reasonably enough (as a revolt against the corrupt Catholic Church), but gradually evolved into a fanatic Christian army demanding mortal punishments for everything objectionable, banning graven images, immoral dancing and so on. They also started invading neighboring countries to spread the "true" Christianity and unite the Christian world. It took 25 years and five crusades to beat them.

>Just because capitalism and the reformation sprung up during the same period, doesn't mean the reformation pioneered capitalism
user, I'm a Catholic but it is a widely held belief among historians that the religious beliefs of Calvinists was instrumental in the rise of Capitalism.

>Ah yes, the one with all the mystic pagan stuff mixed in and has split into so many sects with different practices and beliefs that it's no better than Protestantism.
What the hell are you talking about? We have a no mystic pagan stuff at all, and i dont know about any sects, because we have a solid structure, rules and a leader. In the beginning, there was one church. But as time went on, the church got greedy and lost it's way. So the true believers left. Those greedy people stayed in their empty and false religion, while those who were really believed with all their hearts, became the Orthodox church.
>How are all followers of Catholicism terrible?
God is not with them. They became greedy, changed things about the church that no man should ever have changed, and so god is not with them. They are in a empty religion that does not offer salvation.

What's the difference between atheist burger flipper and christian one?

Would you a Yahweh?

>incoherent argument with no factual basis
t. Russian.

>Literally Putin's puppet at this point.
And that's a bad thing, why?

Also, implying that the pope is not a corrupt politician, playing his own power game.

And here I was thinking I had become immune to Japan's strange things.

Is that a Japanese YHWH?
>[Current year]
>not having a lolicon complex

>God is not with them.
How can you tell? I doubt he's bothered to inform you personally.

Nah, I've got even more.
Have a literal Jesus Christ

A lot of things were instrumental in the rise of Capitalism. Fucking Islam even. But the catholic church was the first to practice on a large scale ideas which eventually gave birth to, or at least paved the way for, early capitalism.

I'd crucify that Semite.

Well then don't forget Paul

>not a qt3.14 Eldritch abomination

>it became a Christian in Bukkake fallen shock

What the hell is wrong with the translations?

>christianity==church
How is life in 14th century?
>I don't think there's an anime that shows Christianity any respect it deserves.
High School DxD, also you forgot quite a lot from Chrono crusade. What demon kid as a protagonist has to do with portrayal of christianity? Did christianity make you a jaded bastard?

hellsing

Auto translate by google.
here's the original website

cagamiincage.wixsite.com/seenoevilyhwh/character