youtu.be/WAPzs5J0Xz0?t=141
youtube.com/watch?v=h6O-uRSFOrg
youtu.be/rLR-PheMmP8?t=15
youtube.com/watch?v=fHFtbSZ3KRE
youtube.com/watch?v=ruc3upCWR_g
jojocomparisons.github.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's alright. My 3rd or 4th favourite Jojo

It's pretty cute how his first reaction to Yasuho missing is to check under the mattress since that's where he sleeps.

Gappy makes me slappy

Wow. Just finished Part 7. Beautiful.

It was pretty good. There were a number of things that really pissed me off about it but the good parts were more than good enough to make up for them. What did you think?

Soft and wet

I thought it was fantastic, sort of speechless right now though. It had its problems, it's not perfect, but I think it was the best Part so far. Whether or not it's my favourite (or whether Part 4 still is), might take me a week or so to decide.

Switching to a Seinen magazine part way through did wonders for Araki's storytelling imo. A lot of people here agree that Part 8 is even better than 7, though I'll be the first to admit that it hasn't hit the same highs but it's been by far the highest quality written one. It's also really fucking slow paced and no end in sight so far. Hopefully you enjoy it too.

>did wonders for Araki's storytelling imo
How so?

I'm trying my best to not read it anytime soon. I dread the thought of catching up.

Not him but I imagine having a month to plan out event instead of a week is a huge fucking thing. He was also more free creatively and can touch on some more serious topics since Seinen is aimed at adults. The art quality also got better

He was able to write about more stuff (in one of the author's notes in one volume he said he'd never have been able to write the attempted rape scene with Valentine and Lucy in WSJ) and the longer chapters meant he didn't have to focus on little 20 page chunks of story and could pace stuff better. If you read the post script I'm of Stone Ocean he says it was the first point in his career where he felt fully satisfied with what he'd written, and he's always been one to try and challenge himself to keep improving. Stone Ocean already pushed the boundaries of what was allowed in shonen manga so naturally he had to move on to keep challenging himself, and moving to Ultra Jump gave him opportunities to keep challenging himself. SBR wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it was (despite it's numerous shortcomings) if it had stayed in WSJ. And the experimenting he did with SBR has given us JoJolion, which despite the terminally slow pace is fucking primo mystery and also just keeps getting better and better.

Do vampires hibernate?

Part of the art quality going up is the size of the pages too. WSJ chapters are on smaller pages since the magazine is aimed at kids of all different ages and generally has to be small, whereas UJ is more in line with normal magazine size pages since it's aimed at adults. Araki was always big into doing super detailed panels but in GW and SO you could tell he just wanted more space to work with given how many pages only ever had like 2 or 3 panels tops since he wanted to do more detailed and lavish spreads. The pages in UJ being over double the size of WSJ pages let's him run fucking wild with his detailed art.

I think rereading part 5 and reading part 8 at the same time made it clearer to me. Just compare the quality of the flashbacks.

Backstories in part 5 were either silly as fuck or left a lot to be desired.
I'd kill for SBR part 5.

7 = 1-3
8 = 4
9 = 5-6?
I hope this happens.

8 has just as many elements from 2, 3, 5 and 6 as it does 4 tbqh. There really isn't any correlation between Parts like this and Araki just writes whatever he likes while recycling concepts he wants to improve on, like how Gyro was basically his idealised version of Hol Horse but as a protagonist. I doubt Part 9 (if it happens) will be clear cut based on 5 and 6.

>the world in part 7
>killer queen in part 8
>king crimson in part 9?

But the basics, mostly characters, settring in case of part 8 are still based on another part. I think that Italy is the setting Araki would gladly revisit. Since character references are really just that he'd be free to explore anything he really wants though I hope for an underground gang where Giorno, Bucelatti + preferably one (max 2) other gang members are the pack that always hang out together and fights underground matches with their Stands. They have figured out their combos, matchups, and roles. Everyone taking a part in this is really skilled as well. Throw in some conspiracy where people die outside of the matches and some unique lore like "on this beach you have to be filled with courage or else you'll be sucked in". Seriously how is it possible that Araki didn't explore underground Stand battles yet

My main problem with flashback in part 5 was the fact that they came out of nowhere. Mista sits in a car- flashback. The only ones that made sense were Bruno and Narancia

Colour truly is the best way to experience JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

good

A lot of the flashback stuff in p5 didn't really hit me the way Araki probably meant, like the way he tells them, I'd rather see it from the characters' POV instead of delivered by a narrator

As an anime fag is there any merit in reading the earlier parts or should I jump straight into Vento Aureo?
I really don't care to read phantom blood that much desu

You should read SC and DiU at the very least. SC manga is flat-out better than the adaptation, and there are some interesting differences between DiU manga and anime that make it worth seeing both.

R8 my grentext story lads.

>Be hot teenager
>Two Aztec gods give u wedding rings
>Find them both and kill them in a month to avoid commitment
>Find some qt Italian woman who thinks you're hot
>Qt italian woman gets severely burned because of u
>Tell her to stop looking ugly and you'll bone her
>Eventually marry qt italian maid woman
>Have kid with her
>Be 60 or so now
>Bored as fuck on business trip to Japan
>Cheat on qt Italian woman with some hot 19 year old high school chick from Japan
>Have kid with her as well
>get away with it

Fucking Joestars.

reeks of reddit
a (You) for the effort, nonetheless

shit

Too long and Tomoko was a college student.

>SC manga is flat-out better than the adaptation
Which one?

The newer one. I can't speak for the OVAs, haven't watched them. But the TV adaptation has major pacing issues and was really poorly budgeted. They put good effort into shit fights and fucked up the important ones. The manga's quicker and more consistent.

What's new?

I wonder why the house never came w/ a garage. Do any of you know why?

kaato's stand is Nonagon Infinity

ability to trap objects inside a pocket dimension shared by objects that are similar (i.e. a deck of cards share a pocket dimension)

youtube.com/watch?v=3CyX_OTblA0

>diavolo's backstory from his pov
Would probably be too much for shounen

Who did the house even belong to?

I assume Doppio's father.

He must have lived with priestdad until his mom came back, then he lived with his mother in her house.

But priestdad apparently had the keys to her house but never noticed that she never came outside.

>the TV adaptation has major pacing issues
Did they cut too much out or add too much?

>trying to make sense of that backstory

>I can't speak for the OVAs
From what I've heard, the 1993 OVA was alright (the last 2 episodes are apparently really good) but the 2001 OVA wasn't very good.

I want to fuck Pucci.

If Diavolo can transfer to whatever body he pleases, why didn't he just transfer to Giorno's body th split second when GER appeared and he knew he was fucked and let his own body die

>Diavolo can transfer to whatever body he pleases

what

Are you ok?

Everything Gappy does is cute

>look mom, I posted it again

I LOVE KIRA

This is a tradition.

It's really padded. The Sun is a very short read, only two chapters. The anime gives it a full 20-minute episode.

So was naranciafag

nani

Go read the manga again very carefully and see just WHY all those souls got switched around.

the body swapping was only an effect of silver chariot reqiuem

but why?

>Deadman Kira
I wish we got a DMQ OVA

The main problem with the SC anime is that they chose to adapt it by doing 3 chapters an episode.
So when a Storyline pops up that's only 2 or 5 chapters, they pad it out.

So Naranciafag and davidpoo fag got banned?

Good design and crazy.

I jumped straight into VA and I don't feel like I missed anything. I'm planning to read parts 3 and 4 after I'm caught up (currently halfway though Jojolion

I wish Araki would do a Stand-guide-like thing but characters. Reading his interviews about Kira and DMQ, it makes me think he has a lot of interesting points he keeps to himself about characters, Things like Kira's childhood and the playing with his character in DMQ.

I hope comparisonanon isn't dead.

FOOCHIE POOCHIE

Post good writing

Johnny and Gyro's characters, as well as their relationship with one another.

youtu.be/WAPzs5J0Xz0?t=141
youtube.com/watch?v=h6O-uRSFOrg
The dub has some surprisingly good writing.

>19 year old high school

>descentant of god (Dio) fights the devil (Diavolo)
>gives people hope and courage
>has the power of life
>sends the devil into eternal suffering
>the devil was possessing people

youtu.be/rLR-PheMmP8?t=15

The dub is alright. It does better in its climax moments but the only voices I'm used to are Dio, Joseph, and Kars. The accents can make things a bit wonky.

The only real flop in the dub is Stroheim.
youtube.com/watch?v=fHFtbSZ3KRE

What was Araki trying to say about split personalities?

I'm not saying they're bad (except Stroheim), I'm just not sure if some characters they chose were the best options they had (like Esidisi).

I also like Speedwagon, his voice is pretty good. I just hope Viz makes the Part 3 dub good, it'll be a pain to hear Cool Ice instead of Vanilla Ice though.

>Esidisi
I actually liked him in the dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=ruc3upCWR_g

I think his voice fits him here (I hadn't heard him in the dub until now)

Isn't vanilia ice OK with his name being used

I believe his lawyers won't allow it whether he's okay with it or not.

Did he state that recently?
Cool Ice was used in Eyes of Heaven so it would have to be after that got released.

>Speedreaders

That you should not diddle little church boys or they will become the devil and make you suffer

S H I T N I G G A

>being turned into a vampire cures all ailments
>it doesn't cure autism

>suck life from others
>also sucks their chromosomes
Makes sense to me.

I wanna download all of Part 4 to binge it with a bro.
Is my best bet just going through the new nyas to try and find BDs or just going to like Horriblesubs and getting their full season torrents?

Is BD even out? I recently searched for it on nyaa and the only rips I found were literally horrible subs mirrors.

I don't know.
I assume some of them are out considering there's comparisons up to episode 30 at jojocomparisons.github.io/

I guess the horriblesubs is the best bet then? I'm fine with that, just wanted to know if there was something better.

Johnny > Josuke = Josuke >Joseph > Jonathan > Jotaro > Jolyne >

>Jolyne last

id easily place jolyne above jotaro tbqh

How many breads do you eat user?

Check for torrents yourself, new ones might have been out. Censorship is there pretty much every time there's an open wound, nothing really annoying though like bluring half of Jotaro's face every time he lights a cigarrete.

rank the villains by madman status

well my sandwich used a baguette but it was cut in half so is that 2 or 1?