Sup Forums will defend this

>Sup Forums will defend this

Why can't we raise the minimum wage?

1234 a month is only if you want to be an ultra high IQ city person.

You can be a rural and suburban retard and pay no rent at all.

That's not average rent except in CA and NY. I own a house for half that. I'd rent it for 1k.

But then you can't find a job and be a smart wealthy liberal voting for the communists.

>being poor
>only working 40 hours a week
>renting alone

Raising the minimum wage is couter-productive and very damageable to the low skilled workers.

e.g :

If you are an employer wanting to hire an employee with a minimum wage of 1500 dollars/month for example, you will probably hire a more skilled worker because they don't have the same value as a low skilled worker but are both at a 1500 dollar/months.

>Why can't we raise the minimum wage?
Why can you go to school and get a good job?

T. 20 years of schooling, earn $45/hr

This dumb bitch also doesn't know it's 25% of your gross income, not net.

LMAO $1234 a month!? I'm moving

I live in a city for less.

>living alone

$1200 split up over 2 or 3 people is much more palatable.

That or just move to the fucking midwest or south. Tons of growth and jobs in places like Texas, and they won't charge you through the nose for real estate and rent. Plus plenty of spics, you progressive city dwellers like that right?

>average rent
>minimum wage

Never mind that the average minimum wage earner isnt looking to rent 1200 worth of home, so they get room mates.

If you have a family to support on MW and you're the only source of income, you done fucked up. your kids will grow up to hate "the evil rich" but they really should just hate you.

>comparing average rent to minimum wage
What is the minimum rent you can expect? I rented for 300 a month utes included. Some people pay no rent.

Retarded logic. An employer would hire the most skilled worker they could regardless of pay.

>caring about the opinion of a muslim communist

>using the average rent
>being this dumb

You live in a rural retard flyover state.

>comparing AVERAGE rent to MINIMUM wage

Really tickles my teabag

>renting
It's like you enjoy throwing money in the garbage.

>average vs. minimum
lol

That's 30.77 an hour BEFORE taxes, but I bet that fucker wants to keep his gibs.

All these also
>renting where it's $1234 monthly

I live in a college town in Florida where rent is rediculously high and I've found apartments that are $400 a month, why can't they live there

>what is market
>how does it work
more skilled workers ask for more pay, they know they are worth more

Live below your means. My house payment is $600/month (it would be $700 if I wasn't getting a deal) and I live alone in a black neighborhood. If you don't want to live around baboons, get a roommate. When I was 19 I lived in a house that was actually as expensive as that image purports the average rent is and my rent was $300 dollars because it was split evenly among 5 people living there. If you can't pay your rent, buy less shit. Save up for a car and deliver pizzas in a white suburb if you want to make real people money without real people skills.

If they were nit single

It would be 1234/2
617 per person

>hurr durr I want to sleep around for life

Are these numbers really accurate? How dafuq can your average rent cost $1234?! That's almost 10 000 Swedish Krona. You can get a downtown apartment for that money in Sweden.

OP, the ultra dumb faggot, names the "average" rent price, and yet does not name the average wage... If you name the lowest wage, then name the lowest rent price. I assure you they will match.

I pay $450/mo for a 2bd/1ba apartment and make $4400/mo (after taxes, don't know what my gross is)
It's called a technical school. Even plumbers make more than i do.

You live in a rural retard flyover state.

>live in Colorado
>can't find anything other than a shitty 1 bedroom studio for under 1100
>everyone looking for a roommate does meth
Fuck this state, fuck you califags and Texans for ruining it

If you want your rent to be 3,000 a month and everything else triple in price raise the min wage....

Why is rent so expensive in the US?

Becuase the kikes will only increase taxes.

Free market bitch.
How about we deport all the illegals, and get rid of welfare, so there is less competition for housing - thus making it more affordable?

>An employer would hire the most skilled worker they could regardless of pay
fuck you're retarded.

>a 16 year old should be paid enough to afford rent equal to the national average regardless of where he lives

I'm not sure what part of all this is more retarded

Because the majority of the worlds population (50.01%+) is willing to work for less then 5 bucks an hour. Politicians on all sides are more then happy to sign laws that either let businesses ship jobs to the 5 dollar countries, or ship the 5 dollar people to your country to live on minimum wage + refugee resettlement handouts.

>for rent to cost less than a quarter
Why this metric?

Because it’s MINIMUM wage. If you are unskilled and just starting out, you can move in with other folks who are in the same position, and you should work towards specializing in something and developing yourself. Raising minimum wage just increases the drop out rate in high school, raises the cost of goods (which rapes the elderly and homeless) and disincentivizes specialization. Also, when you increase the costs to employ people you make it harder for people that are traditionally stigmatized to get a job. Just get good at something before you have kids

Can confirm. I lived in an apartment in Gainesville for $495/month
I live in a suburb of Detroit.

Both options are bad. Low min wage = more people work. but people need multiple jobs to survive.
High min wage = people that do work can afford to live, but barrier to entry is massive and a lot of people get stuck outside the labor market because low skilled jobs are removed. So, you need an extensive welfare state to take care of people that get stuck outside the job market.

I know which I prefer, but the problem is more complex than people make it out to be.

>implying anyone on welfare pays 100% of their rent
>implying over half the country isnt on welfare

>get roommate
>rent is now 600
>affordable even on a burger flipper salary

It's entitlement. I have never lived in my own place and probably won't until I clear 50k annual. You know what all low wage earners have that I don't? They have the latest phones, brand new clothing, new sneakers, and eat out all the time. When I worked at starfux my coworker told me he spent most of his income on eating out. He was early 30s. No savings, nothing.
Poorfags are weak people who spend too much on luxuries. Meanwhile I work my ass off, have never asked for help, and have never had any luxuries. My phone is 4 years old, and it was used when I bought it so it's probably more like 6. Laptop is 5 years old. Headphones are 6 years old. No pets, no TV, no cable, hardly ever eat out, barely ever drink alcohol, don't go to bars unless I'm on a date. This is why I'm not poor, and they are. Know what I do with my money? Invest it, to make more money, and I save like a miser to do so. But commie-level poorfags will say I'm a 1%er and capitalist and my investment income is illegitimate.

Poorfags are poor for a reason. I grew up dirt fucking poor and I know this for a damned fact. Now I'm on my way to a /comfy/ 50-60k/year career (entry level jobs right now) and will never be poor again. My goal is to put 250k in an investment account. I'll be close to being able to retire on that, and should accomplish this within 15 years.

>20 years of cuck brainwashing and being a good goy
>still only makes $45/hour

How mad are you that I’m crypto rich and unemployed?

>Why can't we raise the minimum wage?

Greed, to be blunt.

>$1234
That's a made up number.

Median is really between $700 and $900 per month and is always higher in cities where real estate is high anyways.

I rent a room out in Aurora for $600 and even that feels like a good deal. Only downside is the 24/7 smell of pot

>Raise minimum wage to $30/hr
>They raise rent to $5000k

Opps

>MINIMUM wage
>AVERAGE rent

You shouldn't be able to afford an average apartment with minimum wage.

A minimum wage was never intended to be a permanent income source for adults in this country. It's appropriate for unskilled jobs, seasonal work, etc. Kids in HS and college.

No. You cannot pay $1k/mo in rent and live solo if you don't get your ass a better job.

>make minimum wage
>expect to live in average apartment as opposed to a below average apartment

KYS OP

The average rent is about $1240 however the MEDIAN rent is about $600 which means there is a small group of idiots paying $3k+ per month for rent while the rest of sensible humans know how to budget, know how to live somewhere reasonable, and have some sort of fiscal awareness when it comes to their money and how it's spent.

>mmuh entilement
If you agree live in shit it does not mean other people pathetic faggots with no dignity like you.

Why don't we raise the minimum wage to 1000 dollars an hour? Then the entire country will be rich.

Has a healthier budget than CA with its artificially inflated property values.

That’s about what I make and about what I pay in rent with no education. If a moron like me can do it anyone can.

Weev?

>rent

High iq? You let foriegners ruin your cities with crime, and you think you have high iq?

Stop telling people to move to Texas

half the states in the us the median is under 700$ for a 1-bedroom apt. 1000$ for 2-bedroom.

Wa rent is going up bi quarterly.

If subhumans didn't claim all subsidised housing they wouldn't be overpriced to rent/buy

In the U.K the gov did a Racial Equality survey.
It showed 50% of Pakistanis were unemployed and were also overrepresented in the social housing.

Here's the problem, 80%+ Pakis do work, they work cash and avoided tax claim their council house then sublet it at ridiculous mark ups.

Bong bros will confirm

Pakis PAY TAX AND STOP STEALING HOUSING FROM THE MDEGIONOUS

Technically with inflation minimum wage would be at or above $15 based on where they first set it.

Minimum wage is really just a tool used by unions to renegotiate their contracts. There aren't many people willing to work for that cheap. I've noticed every fast food joint around Charlotte NC pays above minimum wage.

>probably won't until I clear 50k annual

Where do you live? I was on my own at 25k. I live in Spokane, WA though

>retards with respond to this
SAGE

> Average us rent
Retarded metric. The median males more sense.

If i go online and put my house on rent for 1 trillion dollars per month, that average is gonna go up because the oitliers have a huge effect on the value.

Median rent is better

if minimum wage goes up the value of money drops. you have to have the goy work for less otherwise the system of have have nots falls.

There are two ways to solve this problem.
(1) Raise wages
(2) Decrease rents

The government can't ethically force people to alter those two types of agreements, but what they can do is:
(1) introduce more higher-paying jobs
(2) build more low-rent housing

>Poorfags are poor for a reason.

This is pretty much true, although nobody wants to admit and accept it.

Same reason when a poor person wins the lottery or comes across some other windfall, 90% of the time they end up poor and broke again after 5 years.

Most people are poor because they can't manage their money worth a shit. If they could, they wouldn't be poor. Not saying they'd be millionaires either, but they certainly wouldn't be completely broke living paycheck to paycheck and without a single cent in savings.

Wtf that is bullshit and you know it.

Inflation and minimum wage have no correlation.

This is basic economics 101.

No, that average is retarded. Reality is you have lots of places where rent is 600-800, and then liberal mega cities where rent is easily 2k+ and the middle class disappears after rush hour. In my area, 1200 rent is like a 2k sqft house in good neighborhood with a pool. Retarded to think that a single MW income should be able to pay for that...

>if you don't get your ass a better job.

Here’s the deal, faggot. For the top 50% of people this may indeed be achievable. For dumb people, especially poor whites, they literally cannot find a better job because low-paid immigrants are causing employers to avoid hiring poor whites for fair wages. A guy who owns a factory is going to choose to pay mudpeople $9/hour instead of paying a white man with a family $18/hour. These problems do not really affect whites who come from higher social strata/whites who have education and intelligence. It is up to us to stand up for downtrodden/indigent whites, because they’re our people.

Err, try $2200 here in Seattle. I'd kill for $1400 rent.

Because you don't live in averages you mong.
Cut the immigration flow so there is a real market for work and you will see a sallary rise in low paying jobs.
Just raising the minimum wage without cutting immigration will just put more people out of jobs because a) companys will hire illegals or b) will automize because at some point it will be cheaper to buy expensive machines than to hire people.
And let's be honest most low paying jobs can be done by a machine.

$1,234.00 is low for Massachusetts, even in the surburbs unless you want to live surrounded by niggers in a section 8 hell hole

I make a little over $4000 a month but I only pay $450 a month. If shit is that expensive where you live you need fucking roommates you entitled bitch.

>be op
>Retarded as shit
>live in a studio apartment in a swanky part of town
>buy a brand new car instead of used
>got a useless degree in philosophy because want to seem smart
>currently flip burgers at McDonalds for $7.25
>Why no minimum wage increase?

It wouldn't do you any good. You would still be dirt poor because you will always live above your means

>minimum
>average
>minimum
>average
just fucking shoot me

Until the most skilled worker realizes some tard who's barely eeking by is making the same amount he is, at which point skilled worker goes to an even higher paying job, because surprise, he's good at his job, low wage job have to accept shitties because people who are worth a shit know they're worth more.
Even worse, if minimum wage is increased, these skilled workers will want EVEN MORE

>average
did they roll in penthouses and whole house rentals? Im in NY and could get a 2 room apartment for 450 with everything included. fuck my mortgage isnt even 1200

>renting

Lolololo

You're not entitled to average. Some people are below average.

Your not very smart are you?

If you raise the minimum wage, all it will do is give stupid people more money to spend, thus increase rents.

I know economics is hard for retards, but it's called inflation. You can look it up.

Say for example, you just gave everyone in the US 1 million dollars. Would that make everyone rich? Nope. That would make the price of gum spike to some $50,000 because, who would want to waste their time selling it for 50 cents?

First thing that would happen, is people would quit their jobs that pay a few hundred a week. So now there are no services. The only way you get a service, is if you make it worth their time. Hence $50,000 for a pack of gum.

Now if you give poor dumb people more money, it's the same shit... you didnt stop them from being poor and dumb, you simply reduced the value of the dollar.

>$1,234.00 is low for Massachusetts
TFW towns in western mass are cheap as shit to live in, but are in western mass.

Plan for future, deliver pizzas?

Wtf

But thats not near all the hip cafes?
How am i supposed to get avocado toast?

>$1234 per month
wtf
I pay the equivalent of $400

>falling for the minimum wage inflation meme

look at the median rent, not the average

Tops has 69 cent avacados this week, go buy yourself a few pounds and freeze them or however you preserve them

Go to Federal and Lakewood in general my snow nigga

GOOD GOYIM
KEEP SLAVING DAILY FOR YOUR OWN SURVIVAL

Your a week faggot with no skillsets, you are drain on everyone around you and your family hates you. kys!

>$1234/month
I mean, it's not like 56789% of statistics on the internet are made up. It's true goyim i mean guys.

I hate to admit that paying $600 for a small room is normal here, whereas $600 could cover half the rent at an upscale apartment anywhere else. Fuck pot, I'm over it at this point, make it illegal again

average... and it has to have an open concept great room with granite cabinets, a hardwood fireplace, an artesianal dirt infused mud room with free range mold and genuine scottish wainscotting.

(1 post by this ID)

Really made me think