Tanya Evil

What the fuck am I watching, seriously, it's a fucking loli and... looks like WWI but... they can fly and... oh fuck

Fuck off cancer.

Enjoying your first anime?

Why would it be my first anime?

Kill yourself.

Wtf

>He doesn't get it.

. . .

Nobody tell OP about Strike Witches. It may kill him.

Also nobody tell him the name field isn't a topic field.

>...

>OP right now.

>get Strike Witches
>"This looks pretty cool. Hopefully we get to see a bunch of WW2 nations teaming up to fight aliens and shit."
>show is fucking awful CGI for "combat" (which only lasts a few minutes at best), followed by girls doing stupid SOL shit

Fuck that, and fuck Sora no Woto too. I want to see little girls brutally murdering each other, not that dumbass mixture of SOL and fanservice.

Youjo Senki was the first World War I/World War II anime that was actually about history concepts and not just a themed SOL.

I guess you could say Muv-Luv Alternative is the same for the Cold War, but MLA doesn't cover anything earlier than 1955.

End of the Renaissance to the Bombing of Hiroshima for the west is a dead zone for anime settings. Every once in a while you get things like Gallilei Donna or Granblue Fantasy but for the most part it's ignored. That's cause Japan was sitting on the Tokugawa Shogunate when most of the world was evolving.

You gotta know what you're signing up for man, if you want edge you're going to have to find edge where it lives. There's no sense looking for grimdark war-is-hell stories in the waistband of a flying schoolgirl's panties.

The problem was going in blind to both. I expected them to take the combat seriously in SW, yet nothing really happened. Sora no Woto was even more offensive, in that literally nothing happens outside of the first and last episodes. You get a short flashback of "war is hell", but then it immediately fucks off and goes back to girls peeing their pants while waiting for phone calls.

It is though, isn't it?

Why are you watching anime then if you can watch actual Hitler documentaries and learn (((real))) history?

>Tanya is Hitler
Fuck off

Where is that coming from? Tanya is from WWI, not WWII, nor she is supposed to represent any real historical figure.
And are you implying Hitler was evil?

It's supposed to be flashy, stupid and colorful, just turn your brain off and watch the absurdity going on. You know, people that like this are the same people that like TTGL and Kill la Kill.

>WWI,

I think it's suppose to be a less shitty version of Strike Witches.

Aside from a flying little girl, the shows are nothing alike:

Youjo Senki:
>isekai
>MC is a goddamn psychopath/sociopath
>combat actually happens
>there's blood/etc
>tactics that actually make sense
>loosely based on reality

Strike Witches:
>slice of life disguised as action
>MC is moeblob "I want to help my friends"
>combat never happens
>there's no blood and everyone is fine
>tactics boil down to "hit the glowing orb"
>not even based on reality

If anything, Strike Witches is closer to Girls and Pantsu

Even GuP has tank action and shit going on. Strike Witches on the other hand was just SOL garbage that used a WW2-ish aesthetic. The "combat" lasted all of a few minutes, and then they got right back to doing dumb "cute girls doing cute things" shit. If the show actually had them fighting Neuroi (and not with that terrible CGI), it would have been a lot better.

strike witches got patsu ja nai mo, hazukashku nai...