Kyoani shifting to movie format

Kyoani is done with TV shows. Probably VEG will be their last one.
How does make you feel the fact that every announcement from now, will mean you'll have to wait even 2 years to see it?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=koe_no_katachi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good things come to those who wait.

Can we, expect a Phantom World movie?

Citation needed.

> Kyoani is done with TV shows. Probably VEG will be their last one.
Stop being a retard, OP. Yes, their focus is shifting toward movie productions but it's not like they won't ever make another TV anime after VEG.

It doesn't matter, I'll watch it on theater.

>Bait this obvious.

Try harder OP. Kyoani will do whatever they think will make them money.

Kyoani are doing the right thing and every studio should do it, the movie format is always better than the tv series. There is a reason if the best tv shows ever are miles behind even your average movie

You should stop watching shitty tv shows, pleb.

They have 6 movies in production or planned. And just one TV show.

And in addition to that, their movies has been quite profitable to them lately.

Depends on how good they are.

god it would be awful if anime shifted from series to film. this kind of thing has happened before, in 85 from series to OVA and 97 from OVA to series.

then where are the good movies that aren't drama-filled teenage angst crap?

That doesn't mean they're moving entirely to movies.

KyoAni isn't done with TV shows. Right now they don't have many KA Esuma Bunko titles that they feel are good enough for a show, so right now they're continuing to work with the ones they already adapted, but doing movies for them because it's more profitable since the shows already have fanbases. When they find another title like Hibike or Koe no Katachi that they want to adapt and they get permission to, they will most likely make a TV series for it, or if they adapt a new KA Esuma Bunko title, maybe RHU or Kono Hoshizora ni wa Kimi ga Tarinai, they will probably be TV shows.

Why are people responding this obvious bait?

This user gets it.

Unless they go with KnK formula and they get rid of their LN business method.

Robotic Harem Update when?

My guess is that KnK was a movie because MEXT needed it to be in order to be shown at schools. It's easier showing a 2 hour movie in class than having students pay attention to a whole TV show.

>How does make you feel the fact that every announcement from now, will mean you'll have to wait even 2 years to see it?- 18 posts and 1 image reply shown.
I'm torn between celebrating and suicide

Sup Forums will be a lot less annoying.

I didn't think MEXT was involved in the production of the film at all.

Yep. KyoAni approached the publisher of the manga. They got the productioon rights. The MEXT thing was after the movie was already done.

Huh. But then again right after KnK they did another manga adaption (maid dragon) that wasn't a movie.

Not likely, which sucks as the events right after the anime ended sound really interesting.

Is it bait? I think most people would consider TV secondary to film.

Well, it is the only of their KA Esuma adaptions that doesn't have a film, but they already have so many movies announced that I think they will find new titles to adapt before they consider doing PW movie.

Only in terms of production value. The majority of anime films are weak at best when it comes to story.

I don't think that's a fair argument since the same applies to TV as well. All I'm saying is that, in my experience, film is more respected or taken more seriously.

Will their budget and animation improve or is it just going to be KnK tier? Because the animation was pretty shit and has been in all of their movies.

>blind person watching a movie about the deaf

Rigjt, and volume 2 would be out of Kyoani's expertise. They do SOL and comedy, so a serious battle apocalypse sounds alien to them.

No, why waste more money when you know the fans will watch it anyways? Kyoani is the new Toei.

>KnK tier
What the fuck do you mean with that. The detail heavy characters were nicely animated.
sakugabooru.com/post?tags=koe_no_katachi

Looks like the rest of this year and most of next will just be movies for them, but I doubt that means they're breaking from TV forever.
Well KyoAni does whatever they want anyways and no one can stop them

I should stop paying attention to Kyoani and instead focus on other studios

> TV anime
> money

You should focus on staff, not studios.

>the animation was pretty shit
what

OMG OMG OMG THIS IS SOO REVOLUTIONARY!! MADHOUSE DIDNT DO THIS BEFORE OR ANYTHING

Shaftfag here
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA

I was right you fucking losers

So basically
>watch Kyoani movie
>wait 2+ years to watch next one
>disregard regular seasons/anime while waiting for next Kyoani movie
Sounds good to me.

lmao are you idiots seriously taking IP's shitposting as an official announcement?

Gonzo remains as the best I see

Does Kyoani really have capacity to make 6 movies + recaps + VEG? Doesn't look like they'd be able to make many series with that many movies in production

The KnK making of video showed their schedule with only like 2 months for animation. If that's true, I don't think 4 movies (1 Free!, 1 Chuuni, 2 Hibike!) in 2 years is too heavy for them. Recaps don't require much new animation, either.

>and has been in all of their movies.
Literally what?

Assuming they're 90-minutes long movies, that's only the length of 4 TV episodes, I'm sure they can manage. They obviously won't produce them all at once either

2 months for a movie seems impressive. And all their announced movies are sequels to dead or dying franchises that were built off TV series in the first place, they can't just keep making sequels to dead franchises forever either. So they will have to change approach in not too long. There may still be hope.

Now I'm optimistic. What they are doing is probably closing off all their old stuff so they can focus on new and better ideas. And before they leave Free and Chuu2 and Euphonium forever, they want to finish the stories in every way, while squeezing out what remains of money.
What all these movies mean is that Kyoani will enter a new era, with way higher quality and new and fresh ideas. VEG is just the beginning, in a few years Kyoani will have a great selection of new masterpieces that do things never done before.

Thanks for restoring my faith in Kyoani

I can't wait until they get through this because more Free, chunibyo, and Hibike was the last thing I wanted from them
At least VEG sounds neat

But Koe no Katachi was better animated than Your Name and anyone lacking the experience and artistic knowledge won't be able to grasp that

Next will be Maidragon movie

>time travel sequence
>dance sequence
>implying Koe no Floptachi had anything that good
>implying Kyoanus has done anything of that artistic merit ever
But yeah, keep eating up your bloom and lens flares and think it's good animation where in reality it's just cheap animation with overdone special effects.

>MORE Kyoukai no Kanata!
>MORE Free!
>MORE Chuunibyou!
>MORE Hibike!
Are these niggers out of ideas?

They've always been a creatively bankrupt studio.

>Kyoani is done with TV shows
Stop making shit up, retard.
Just because they has a lot of movies in their planning doesn't mean they will be done with TV series completely.

>Reason?
TV Anime is also ads medium.
They still need to promote their original LN to public in general.
No one in the right mind will promote unknown novel with literally who director & writer in a fucking movie format.