Why does plotshit always have characters with such bland personalities...

Why does plotshit always have characters with such bland personalities? Slice of Life shows don't nearly suffer from this problem as much.

Pic related. How am I supposed to root for this character when he doesn't even have personality, ambitions, serious yet understandable faults, and interesting interactions with the cast?

Shut up and dig.

>plotshit
Go die in a fire

he does?

Simon is decent, go fuck yourself.

He's like, the most mediocre character I can think of. He doesn't any bad points, but he doesn't have any GOOD points either. He just sits there and waits for the plot to come to him instead of propelling the plot forward. It's boring as fuck. Him winning his battles felt like a matter of fact rather than a triumph.

Easier to relate to and self-insert. And obviously, he was the straightman of the two main characters, so of course he was more level-headed than most of the other guys.

>plotshit
You are a terrible person.

This is a bad joke.

Because basic moralfaggotry is easy to write.
I wish more shows had evil/selfish MCs, I'd take edge ogreload over that any day.

Because a mild-mannered MC tends to make the fun side characters who are the MC's inspiration look more likeable.

>plotshit
I never thought moefags could sink this low

>plotshit
>Pic related.
OP, please go and just die somewhere

I miss this show so goddamn much

Watch better anime. Zeta Gundam has none of that.

Simon becomes a fucking badass at the end of this anime though. He surpasses Kamina in badassery.

How you missed Simon's entire transformation as a person in the first arc is beyond me, but there you go.

Of course, this thread is a false flag to incite antipathy against slice of life shows, so no matter.

>Plotshit
Is this how far moe has brought us? Retards can't even see Simon's development because he's not a girl eating cake and tea after school.

epic raid /m/
topic of this post: OP and all his replies to his own thread

Plotshit is a legitimate term for anime,since any series that tries to have one fails miserably.

>yells a lot
>badass
It's people like you that ruined super robots

Except Simon didn't "yell a lot". That was Kamina's shtick. Simon's growth into a more measured yet still very masculine hero figure was a clear and deliberate contrast to his idol.

>destroys and recreates the universe from the force of his drill
>not badass

When knocked down the Spiral King's door and proceeded blow a hole in his chest, was that "the plot coming to him"?

>Simon's growth into a more measured yet still very masculine hero figure was a clear and deliberate contrast to his idol.
It doesn't matter how you word it, he still doesn't have a personality.

Well yeah. Spiral King came crashing down into his home, so Simon literally goes straight to the capital to beat him, only fighting Generals when they attack him first.
Yawn

You're transparently shitposting. Yawn.

>his favorite show gets criticized
>"h-he's just shitposting"
Plotfags everyone

"the plot" wasn't just the toppling of the guards, it was the rallying of Team Dai-Gurren, which grew a ton with Simon at the helm.

>When knocked down the Spiral King's door and proceeded blow a hole in his chest, was that "the plot coming to him"?
>>>
>Anonymous 06/05/17(Mon)00:54:08 No.158104760▶
>File: e30fc418b99a7e9f446005a56(...).jpg (28 KB, 400x400)
>28 KB
>
> >Simon's growth into a more measured yet still very masculine hero figure was a clear and deliberate contrast to his idol.
> It doesn't matter how you word it, he

It doesn't matter how you word it, you're still a fucking faggot.

>super robots
It's people like you that ruined /m/

He did. I guess you have been some shut-in too long you cant recognize the subtly of personality. As well as people in the comments.

>he doesn't even have personality, ambitions, serious yet understandable faults, and interesting interactions with the cast?
Haha what?

>Yawn

Kill yourself literal retard.