It's common knowledge that battle harem LN adaptations are shit

It's common knowledge that battle harem LN adaptations are shit.

But which ones are the least and the most shit?

Absolute Duo was particularly shitty.

It definitely wasn't very great, but Asterisk War could have been A LOT worse.

I disagree. It was pretty bad but girls were great and non serious episodes (so most of them) were fun. Also that goddamn OP.

It was above average for sure.

Never saw that one yet. Is MC the super chosen one strongest ever like it seems from the description? Those shows are the worst.

The serious episodes were so bad that they felt like they were non-serious ones. The one titcow getting brainwashed and the teacher being evil felt unbearably cheesy to me. Shit like that was enough to ruin the show.

rakudai was objectively the best

asterisk was objectively the worst

I'm happy as long as the MC gets together with one or more of the girls and we get some good ecchi.

This one was honestly probably the worst of them all. Complete garbage in every way.

>The serious episodes were so bad that they felt like they were non-serious ones

Isn't this true for like all of them? Just remember serious IS episodes. Like "please think about the poachers" crap.

World Break understood that it was shit and acted accordingly, and as a result transcended its shittiness.

Rokudenashi is a lot better in that regard but it's also generally better than most battle-school LNs.

Those shows live or die depending on the girls. And AB girls were good.

Mahou Sensou you fucking summershits.

Rakudai is probably the best, though of course 'best' is only used comparatively

Highschool DxD

How was it garbage? It had

>naked girls
>fondling/groping
>girls being brought to orgasm
>loli who is preyed on by the MC
>lesbian who is preyed on by the MC
>omorashi

if anyone, it's one of the best battle harems out there.

>pissing
>absolute shit production values
>one of the worst MC's in harem history
>shit girls

And isn't it one of the worst selling harems in history? In a genre already known for crappy sales.

If that guy is one of the worst MCs in harem history what is your definition of a good one?

That show was really bad but I don't consider the MC to be one of the reasons for that at all

Battle harems are my guilty pleasure

Kind of a shame it's a dying genre.

>muh badass alpha perv Gary Stu

Literally the worst kind of harem MC possible.

Yeah
It used to seem we get 2 a season now we get 1 every other season

It trends I remember 5 years ago we get 2 maid shows a season

Yeah. Reading the LNs, it's probably a 6/10 on a good day.

There has never been a truly good battle harem series.

The only redeeming thing about the series was the titties in the anime. The plot was shit, the protag's narration was shit, the whole fucking chess metaphor was shit.

We need less battle academy harems and more urban fantasy harems.

You're getting isekai and you'll fucking like it.

Urban fantasy doesn't have any inherent wish fulfillment, after all.

>urban fantasy

Okay, here's an idea. The reason why MC's world is so fucking boring and depressing is that a group of fuckheads has been keeping magic and cool shit away from it. This is because insert reason here.

Thanks to running into girl #1, he starts to find out the truth. The rest of the series involves bringing cool things back into the world, and each harem girl is associated with part of it. Cool things like magitechnology, healing magic, elves, dwarves, robots that you get 15 silver points for beating, and whatever else make the alternate universes in isekai series so much fun.

Nope, completely the opposite.

>muh beta MC loser who's too scared to touch girls

is objectively the worst harem MC possible. Objectively.

That was the best LN in a while

One of my guiltiest pleasures, I'm catching up on the latest novel as we speak. Restia>Est though

She's bEST for a readon you pleb

>good battle harem series.
Does Rakuin no Monshou count? Orba has a few pussies after him.

Re:zero.

Green best girl.

Not him, but what's it about?

RULES ON NATURE

DAL is my gulty pleasure.

Lots and lots of dead people

It depends. Some are entertaining, some aren't. I don't really know

I legitimately like it too

Best battle harem girls:

Magika: Mio
T7: Liese
DAL: Tohka
Campione: Erica
Antimagic: Ouka
DXD: Xenovia
Testament: Mio
Vanadis: Ellen
StB: Asagi
Rakudai: Stella
Fafnir: Kili
Machine Doll: Irori
Bahamut: Celestia
Hundred: Claire
Asterisk: Claudia
IS: Cecilia
Raildex: Misaki
HxH: Yurishia
Blade Dance: Fianna
Color Wars: Purple
Absolute Duo: Lilith
World Break: Shizuno
Rokudenashi: Celica
Busou Shoujo: Green

Metal Gear Rising, the light novel experience

Asterisk Wars is the worst one of them all, the fuck are you talking about?

Nah, Mahou Sensou was the worst.

I hated Bahamut the most.

decent taste

Agreed

Mahou Sensou was next-level awful

>pissing
Why did you put a positive in your list?

Anything worse than this?

I liked Stella because she actually wanted the dick. Onii-san was pretty cool.

No, she has legitimate reasons for hating his ass and it focuses more on politics. Haven't read that far, got to somewhere in volume 2 a while back before getting distracted, but I remember the spoilers I read not indicating that there was any harem. The MC just fucked off for a while to figure shit out regarding his situation without having to keep on acting around anyone, I know actual character development.

THIS. The only thing that I can compare watching to this show that was that bad was Red Data Girl but it's not a harem from how far I got before dropping. Not even Saori Hayami could keep me watching, it was that bad.

I think DAL is the only battle harem that made me want to read the source material after the anime ended.

Fuck off digishit

It's pretty bad when the author himself basically says it's shit.

DAL S1 was fantastic

Always bet on Mahou Sensou

How less bad is Trinity Seven compared to its peers? I've stopped reading the mango one day a couple of years ago and never had the urge to pick it up again.

If you read T7 for anything but the girls and banter you're doing it wrong.

4/10

It's also common knowledge that battle harem LN adaptations are for patricians.

Campione: Lu Hao
Antimagic: Suginami
DXD: Irina
Vanadis: Sasha
Machine Doll: Komurasaki
Bahamut: Yoruka
Hundred: Imouto
Asterisk: Sylvia/Fan
IS: Germany
Raildex: Don't care
HxH: Grace

Fixed your taste for a bit, the rest of your choices are fine.

I enjoyed how the producers scrapped the last episode and left it mid-cliffhanger because of how shitty the show was.

I think that entire ending was literally the cliffhanger in the light novel volumes.

Wasn't it because the show's writer thought he was writing for 13 episodes when only 12 were ordered?

But that's every battle harem ever made.

Yeah, but T7 girls aren't shrieking banshees or total prudes, they have fun.

Strike the Blood.

Any LN adaptation next season?

Persona?

>raildex battleharem
That doesn't even make sense.

IIE SENPAI

Does Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao count? It's not a LN, but it was very fun and girls are cute/hot

IS for shittiest

both are scrub tier.

Omorashi isn't just pissing. If all you're interested in is urine, then water sports are enough.

Omorashi is about seeing the girl desperate and embarrassed, as she tries to hold it in, but ultimately fails. Like all great fetishes, it's a a power play. It's about taking a woman and turning her into a weak little girl.

The best

Kampfer
Color wars

>It's not a LN
But it is.

>Color wars
fuck off

>Blade Dance not Est or Restia

>Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao
fuck off and die you piece of fucking shit

Rakudai had a good adaption.

Too bad the source material is complete garbage.

I thought it was a manga, guess I was wrong

Why are you this upset, user?

>Calls rakudai good
>Says dxd is shit for doing things it did way better than rakudai

Yeah because muh tournament arc starring whiteknight-fag and the red mary-sue clone #3647290 constitutes being good because muh romance. that shit is right down their with asterisk for being the worst airing ln material from that season.

AMA was legitimately the only battle school harem to do it right by dropping the school and tournament shit for a plot that actually delivers. shame the anime sucked ass inspite of the VA's and the OST.

Harem in a magical school and people die and suffering and eldrtich abominations

It's honestly so overhyped
>dude it's edgy so it's better than other battle harem!

Side character development was great too

When will Sup Forums learn?

Rakudai isn't a harem.
It may be tagged as one, but it's not.
Simply having 1 male mc and tons of chicks doesn't make it a harem, they all need to want his dick as well.
It has fanservice, but that's not the same as a harem.

Get it right

Color Wars is complete shit. The girls are alright, but the plot is rushed, and the MC inexplicably doesn't do anything with any of the girls. But people cling on to him like he's some sort of badass hero, when he's just an asexual faggot who should die.

>Onii-sama's law autism stems from him deciding to be a hero or villian by flipping a coin

The cast is unapologetically chunni yet all the more memorable for actually developing beyone muh support the MC

>is complete shit
We're discussing battle harems. Being shit is a given. Also, none of the other battle harem MCs ever do anything sexual with the girls, so I don't know why you're so fixated on this particular one.

I just named Ichiban Ushiro because I thought it was fun in a dumb way.

Call it what you like user, it's shit regardless.

He's still destined to go against Pro Golfer since he's the ultimate evil no matter what.

Never implied otherwise. He was bad-ass incarnate. and you could say the same for haunted.

There are plenty of battle harems where the guy does stuff with the girls.

>campione
>shinmai

>magika
>madan
>hxh
>anything campione's writer does

It's crazy to think he showed up as early as Volume 2 and still kept showing up and gradually get developed before his arc. Even Kyouya should get an award for being a good rival, he's the one that got me into the series when someone mentioned his fights.

This one was good. Highschool harems where the MC is alpha as fuck and not scared shitless of girls is fun.

Rokujouma.
Korean Zombie.

If the MC is OP and not afraid to get close with the girls/ or needs to be protected by them, then it's good.

The male cast in AMA as a whole should get a nod. you know you've done something right when the girls in a harem aren't the only or even the main draw.