Studio Trigger may actually make a patreon

>Studio Trigger may actually make a patreon
Who the fuck would even think that would be okay? Have people not been paying attention to how bad crowd funded shit can get?

>Have people not been paying attention to how bad crowd funded shit can get?
they literally had the most successful crowd funded anime ever.

now you look like a fool.

and it was such a disappointment

So what's the pateron page for this time? Funding more projects? Merchandise?

That would mean more if there was some competition for the title.

That was also a one time payment. Now imagine getting that amount of money they got for that one movie, and giving them that much for months on end. Do you think they won't try swindling people with that kind of temptation?

The first ova is only good thing to come out of little witch, fuck off mate

Doubt it's even going to get that much, probably only like $200 a month.

Well, we founded the second LWA ova within 2 hours of it getting announced. It could work out.

Not really. Nekopara got a million dollars.

You're thinking of Kickstarter. Patreon is just for giving them free money, they don't have to promise to make anything.

>probably only like $200 a month
What? e-celebs manage to get more then 500+ a month, even without doing what they promised.

do you have a source for this I doubt that anime studio would do that japan would fucking hate them

The only people that seem like they'd be willing to donate are half the people in LWA threads.
Maybe I just don't realise easily patreons can be successful I don't pay attention to this stuff

The fist OVA, wasn't crowdfunded, m8

I've seen more kickstarters fail to deliver than patreons

and the second OVA was also good, so that user made a post that was 100% wrong

Amazing

I thought it was paced bad and akko bitchiness came out of nowhere, to each his own I guess

thats your opinion

The 2nd act with Akko being a massive cunt was garbage and dragged out for far too long, m8

>Sup Forums has a bunch of retards that wet themselves over trigger because one of their PR guys posts on Sup Forums for PR
>better say something bad about trigger

You just want people to get mad at you, don't you?

No, i honestly want to understand why people are excited for something that would give a studio and excuse to be as slow as possible and tell them how fucking retarded they would have to be.

Was LWA a mistake?

They can make some serious bank if they set up a patreon. I myself would donate $10 a month

>as slow as possible
You fucking wot?

>Sup Forums has a bunch of retards that wet themselves over trigger because one of their PR guys posts on Sup Forums as a PR move

that's it.

Yes. Because why the fuck would they want to do something when they already have a free money printing machine?

Nyanners gets $800 a month for being a girl who likes anime

>Sup Forums, please

>Sup Forums
Does Sup Forums have something against Trigger?

I WANT TO CUM INSIDE SUCY

I don't.

No, they just understand how crowdfunding is the cancer of an industry,

>Animators finally have a shot of making a living
>Anime would no longer be constrained by executives
>Sup Forums will bitch about this

I want to cum raw inside lotte

>>Animators finally have a shot of making a living
>>Anime would no longer be constrained by executives
>>Sup Forums will bitch about this
Yeah, because that totally made Hollywood any good, amiright?

After that, they will just start making shit that a large (western) audience will like and stop experimenting with neat ideas to make maximum capitalization.

Might aswell. All those people with decent jobs but no kids will put 10$ recurring down for just about anything

Trigger is pretty much the Double Fine of the anime industry, so it would be a fitting decision.

I am actually okay with this. I wish more studios would do this, so I could just directly give them money in exchange for their products and services directly instead of having my money get split up among licensers, distributors, etc.

>Hollywood
>crowdfunding
You fucking wot

Trigger is actually good though.

>implying any of that money is for the animators

No, they're the Double Fine of the anime industry.
Didn't you read my post?

Did you read mine? Trigger can't be the Double Fine of the anime industry because Trigger isn't shit.

Lurk a little more and you will find the source

Come on man I still love Trigger but most their shows have so many flaws it's easy to see why they'd be shit

>Have people not been paying attention to how bad crowd funded shit can get?
Everything I kickstarted turned out fine to great. It's all about using common sense

>market a new project by comparing it to a famous older work that some of your people worked on once
>ask for money from your fans, build up as much hype as you possibly can
>release a disappointing and mediocre product
>rinse and repeat before your fanboys have enough time to realize they're being conned

Exact same M.O.
The only difference is that Trigger hasn't crashed and burned as fast as Mr. Shitface and his friends did.

Fuck off normie

As long as they produce original content then I'm okay with it, I've lost faith in them a bit after the LWA TV series.

That's not always how Patreon works. For a lot of creators, you pay per piece of content that they release, so no money goes to them until they post something to their page.

>a new project by comparing it to a famous older work that some of your people worked on once
To be comparable, Psyconaughts would have to have been made specifically for the Kickstarter

well the industry is not constructed in any kind of sensible way that allows gaijins to support studios, even by buying the actual content and goods. so they have to use bullshit methods.

>he actually thinks the animators will get the money
LOL

>release a product
Schafer tends to skip this step though. Hell I'm not going to claim that Trigger are saints who can do no wrong but you can't compare them to Shitface and friends.

>so no money goes to them until they post something to their page
I doubt that's what they will do, though.

>well the industry is not constructed in any kind of sensible way that allows gaijins to support studios
The westerner idea of support is too cheap for Japan. Until they start paying 60 bucks for every 2 episodes of Game of Thrones, Nippon doesnt care

same.

Not necessarily.

>Kickstarter scheme 1
>"_______ is shit right now! shit! shit! shit! shiiiiiiit! give us money and we will make _______ like it was made in the old times!
>The final product always ranges from underwhelming to absolutely awful

>Kickstarter scheme 2
>"I want to do _________. If you pay me I'll do ____________"
>The final product is decent at the very worst.

Most people use the monthly charge model, tho

This. Plus, I don't really want to purchase merch because I'm too lazy to maintain them.

>he thinks animators would make something good if given the freedom to
oh boy

>Trigger isn't shit.
>kiznaiver
>inou battle
>KlK
>LWA series
>not all complete shit

But they made one remotely watchable movie before so clearly they must be a good studio.

The real problem here isn't that it wouldn't work, but that it'd be effective. Like all crowd funded things, it'll pretty much just run on hype rather than actual quality of the output and how many gullible retards you can hook into funding a mediocre product with promises of "saving anime", a la Under The Dog.

In these people's minds animators are cutting edge hardcore manime artists just dying to draw the next Attack on Titan all day and "executives" are plantation owners whipping them to make more cute moe anime girls.

Why are you morons complaining? People from Sup Forums are quite literally the ones that suggested this idea to Tattun, claimed they would be willing to donate to it and now that it's a reality, the people that don't want to don't have to and the ones that claimed they would can put their money where their mouth is.

I fully support other people giving Trigger money to make LWA2.

Because it will fuck up the industry when other studios (Both shitty and good) realize they won't have to make a risk in making something good when they can just have fanboys blindly willing to shill hundreds of thousands a month for literally nothing,

After being fooled a hundred times by shitty game companies, I think anyone would agree.

Why would other studios follow this example when very few followed the example of KS, especially when the few that did ended up having failures? Under the Dog and Kickheart were shit.

Will Trigger become the japanese animation studio version of sp00ny?

>normie

The place that considers everything to be shit?
The place that claims to loathe AAA, cinematic experiences and gameplay-devoid games while at the same time worships The Witcher and Telltale's The Walking Dead?

Nah. I would rather listen to the smegma under the tip of my penis.

Kinda like Sup Forums
>Complains about isekais and moe anime being garbage
>dicksuck Log Horizon so hard they manage to get the author to do an Q&A here on Sup Forums

Who are you quoting?

>Accusing Sup Forums of hating moeshit
That's a first

>Who are you quoting?
>I personally can't find a flaw in your argument
>So i'll post about how greentexting was originally used to quote something
>Surly that won't make people think i'm a leditor

>anime going to be controlled by westerners soon
well it was fun while it lasted

>set up patreon
>make 5+ minute credit sequence for show supported by it listing everyone paying in
>pocket 25% of standard series budget

Not really.
Even with all of its bitching, at the end of the day Sup Forums watches and genuinely enjoys anime.
Meanwhile Sup Forums doesn't play, least enjoy videogames. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of Sup Forums's actual population don't even play videogames in the first place.

>Sup Forums complaining about moe anime, of all things
That's how I know you rarely browse this place.

Even with all of its bitching, at the end of the day Sup Forums plays and genuinely enjoys games.

Yeah I'm sure there are enough people willing to give a studio with ONE production making it past the manabi line (which happened three and a half years ago) millions annually to finance their productions and would totally be a more reliable source of money than sponsors.

A lot of people who never post here would probably give. Hell paetron's statistics say that like 60% of donators will never comment on a given project ever.

>manabi line
I want this stale meme to die

It really doesn't. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago it still did, but since I want to say ToRtanic, the board userbase took a massive fucking dip.

Don't die

pretty jewish of them

i like trigger though desu so maybe i would end up being a cuck and sending htem some dosh

Its the end times

I'd uniromically give them some money to make up for all the times I pirated their shit.

If they have paywalls for exclusive content I'd share it on Sup Forums though

People literally used this same argument in favour of crowdfunded games and what do you know, they're all still shit.

None of those were shit.

>Nyanners
>Girl

You do know that it was Sup Forums that convinced Trigger to do this right?

Imagine them spending all that money on JK prostitutes.

Confirmed for worst studio in the industry.

A mistake turned into happiness.

Came back after a couple of months and Trigger STILL hasn't made a way to accept our gaijin cash?

What's the status on Akko's cards?

somehow no one else in this thread seems to have realized this. I specifically remember this getting recommended to Tattun by anons

Even the nip way to support nip studios are starting to become not profitable enough for the nips.

Clearly you weren't hear for the couple of Trigger-attended threads where anons were /pleading/ "MAKE A PATREON! LET US THROW MONEY AT YOU!"

If a company is unable to turn a profit on their own, it shouldn't go to abuse services intended to enable individuals artists/small groups. Patreon is already abused by plenty of those people as it is, the last thing that's needed is a professional company coming in to do the same.

>"executives" are plantation owners whipping them
That part is true. Not necessarily the one where they're forced to make moeshit or manimeshit, but the part where the animators are forced to work their butts off in the shortest time possible-no breaks allowed-work till you die-workworkworkworkworkwork kind of thing.