I need eyeglasses. I can't wear contacts due to work regulations, and I can't afford LASIK just now

I need eyeglasses. I can't wear contacts due to work regulations, and I can't afford LASIK just now.

What are some Sup Forums approved frames that are not soy boy tier? It seems everyone is running around with thick rimmed Rayban-esqe shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhHwgDAM8uU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This one.

I'm thinking about going back to Warren Zevon's classic look personally

I wear Ray-Ban and they look about like this but tortoise shell.

Forgot pic

I do like them, but, I only see girls wearing them these days.

It seems like, in the UK, men that are not soy boys wear rectangular rimless glasses.

Elton John wears some right zingers. Dress to impress.

I wear classic rectangulars

>wear black thick rimmed designer shades to make a bold statement
>David Beckham wears them
>suddenly every Tom, Dick and Harry with shitty eyes is wearing my fucking glasses
>wearing bold shit is just par de course
>start wearing contacts instead so I don't get associated with numales

The first time in my life I felt like a hipster. Fucking casuals.

Honesty Nigel the soyboy makes the glasses look like soyboy glasses, not the other way around. If you look like a Chad you’ll still look like a chad but just with glasses. Although I don’t speak from experience, I have, or at least had 20/15 vision and am in denial that my eyesight may be getting worse in my 20s. In any case, no glasses for me

What regulations forbid contacts?

Wear ones that feel the most comfortable. Trust me.

Titanium framless, doesnt cause any blindspot and doesnt make your eyewear a feature on your face
/thread

How about something like this ?

Go frameless.
If not at least get small rectangle with metallic coloured frames.

I really liked this guy's glasses so I bought a pair like them; gotten a few compliments on them that I never did with pairs I wore before that.

forgot pic

Frameless is the only way to go

You literally need like 11/10 facial aesthetics not to look like a total fucking goober wearing these though.

What regs make it so you can't wear contacts? What kind of work do you do, OP?

>Elton John wears some right zingers. Dress to impress.
Do eet!!! Wear some Elton John frames.

I work with chemicals, contract states that prescription contacts are prohibited. I you're eyesight is worse than +-2.5 or some shit you have to order specific prescription safety goggles.

I guess it's incase you take your goggles off without washing your hands first, and the chems get in your contacts or some shit.

I dunno why, but, I'm not in power to question it. I just don't wanna look like a soy boy mayne.

I'll go to the opticians tomorrow and have a gander.

No glasses automatically make you a soyboy. Just get something that doesn't make you more cucked than you already are, or the asian gangs might annoy you with a lorry

Point to the Health and Safety regs that involve contact lenses. I'll fucking wait. If you have contacts and non-prescription safety goggles why the fuck would it matter?

>I dunno why, but, I'm not in power to question it

Learn your legal rights you stupid pleb fuck.

fuck i have glasses pic related, am I a soyboy in denial?

ONLY rimless, or a thin metallic rim.

Any flashy shit, any heavy rims, is for soyboy faggots.

>go to glasses store
>hmm, these ones are nice...
>put them on
>approved
>purchase glasses
>walk out of store

Why are you starting a thread about what kind of glasses you should get? Reddit-tier. Know what you like, present yourself how you want and don't give a fuck about what other people think of you. It's not complicated.

I'm wearing Dahmer glasses, but only when I need to see properly, other than that I just walk around half blind.

>i dont have friends
>look more like a retard
>pfft fuck 'em anyways
:^)

YOU LIKEZ MY CLAZZES

There are a lot of chemicsls that will smoke or vaporize when mixed, that shit can fuck your eyes normally, but you add a layer of plastic that and it can melt to the eyeball, I've seen improperly mixed acids melt a guys eye all the way to the nerve

Frameless or upper rimmed metal glasses. No plastic.

Save money, get your perscription than go to a site like warbyparker or eyebuydirect. cheaper than anywhere youll find in person.

Worrying about what kind of glasses to buy makes you a soyboy

Just wear glasses until you can afford the laser.

kek

Aviator frames for the classic serial killer look.

>i make life decisions based on being scared of someone calling me a meme word from Sup Forums which doesnt actually happen in real life

Something about pearls and pigs

The thinner the frame, less gay you look.

Mate, it's almost midnight and you want me to fig out my contract? No one wears contacts when handling chemicals in my workplace. No one gives a fuck or not if it's a 'right' it's part of the contract, so we abide. People actually go to the restroom, take out their contacts and put on the prescription goggles just to handle goods.

I'd rather just wear eyeglasses all day, rather than fiddling around taking them out and putting them back in for an hours work. Jesus man, stop being so American and just follow the rules.

I think so :/ ... That's what I'm concerned about

How do I know what's approved or not? That's why I'm asking

Being called a word and looking like the thing that the word refers to are two very different things. Get with the program Muhammad.

rimless
thin white metal temples and bridge
wider glass

it makes glasses lighter, which makes them a lot more comfortable
wider glass is enough to cover your field of view if you wear the glasses properly (ie high up your nose)
lack of rim avoids masking part of your vision when you look up or down without moving your head
white metal goes well with White people

just dont go for the thick frame "pay attention to my gayness" look. just buy frames which are modest and effective. try to get something that accents your eye color

This, you won't look like a hipster fuck for now, and as you age into them you will only look more refined. Some of the better brands have some lightly colored variants that work well depending on what colors you normally wear.

Behold the frames that capture the sweat when a liberal teleports behind you

not when the thing that the word refers to is a meme

carry on being scared of what your anonymoose internet friends think lmao

just get normal fucking frames its not rocket science

just dont get nu male frames

Hold on to your cock when you negotiate with these desert people.

>2018
>not boosting your eyesight with onions and peanut butter

The eye is like any other muscle, user. Take your eye-scramblers off and work your peepes out like a proper fucking man. Just like how protein powder alone won't give you sick delts, vit C in onions and protein is peanut butter will help regenerate corneal integrity, but you HAVE to work them out.

source?

id wear pic rel but nowadays circle glasses are like a trademark of all these retarded alternative kids with depression listening to meme trap and indie rock and i hate them with passion

>How do I know what's approved or not?
You look in the mirror and decide whether or not you like them.

desu those dont look bad at all. especially with the context xd
at first i thought they were protective goggles

I just go through life with the world looking like pic related. It doesn't bother me except for night driving, and every girl is 10/10 at a distance.

>implying cuck glasses are not even worse than soyboy glasses

>chose glasses to make a bold statement
>didn't feel like a hipster

Get LASIK. It changed my life.

>what are the chances of being blinded?

what the fuck are normal frames, lmao.

What?

I will, soon as I can afford the upfront cost.

What are these called?

Can confirm. Had glasses since pre-K and contacts into early adulthood. LASIK is the shiz

Not necessarily. Some Chad's can pull it off.

Mans look like a pedo schoo-shooter/serial killer

Yoko Ono's estranged glasses

youtube.com/watch?v=yhHwgDAM8uU

lasik made huge diff op stop being fagit

This is my current frames. I haven't had an eye exam in five years so I'll probably do that this summer and get something lighter. I do like the plastic frames for prescription sunglasses but for normal use they look like you're begging people to pay attention to you.

Not sure. Just go to the optics and ask for the glasses Harry Potter and Heinreich Himmler is wearing.

>what are the chances of you being a pussy?

100%

Somehow Himmler even makes the SS uniform look goofy.

I think i have been looking for this movie for a very long time... thanks user

Hahaha god griner bror

titanium is the way to go. I've had my titanium frames for a really long time. I've stepped on them and they just bend back into shape.

If you need Sup Forums to pick your glasses for you, I have bad news user. You already are a soyboy and deserve to look like a faggot. Besides, no proper frame will fix being a pussy.

fucker if you have an actual personality than people will comes to associate any frames with you, rather than letting some inert piece of plastic resting on your nose define what they think.

just get what you want and be a goddamn human being for a change instead of believing that you are what you wear.

>>Giving this much of a shit what a bunch of retard cucks think about you
>>Living this sad of an existence

Forget the glasses and just kys.

I unironically love those glasses

Sorry to break it to you all but anything that doesn't have the frame going all the way around makes you look like a pedophile

if it is ᛋᛋ approved, it is also Sup Forums approved

You are a soyboy.

1. Don't apologise and explain why you need them.
2. Don't care what we have to say about your glasses. Find the frames you like the most and enjoy them.

Soyboy isn't a look, it's a mentality.

Himmler looks like that kid I used to bully in school
slit-eyed subhuman with weak chin

i got some of these because i look good in them.

who cares about what people think. wear what works for you.

coke bottle glasses are peng

You have to find some that complement your head shape. Otherwise the aesthetics are fucked.
Same desu.

I usually just look at the pictures on the walls of the male models and choose the one that looks most like me desu

I always thought the 'choose glasses for your head shape' was a meme. If you've got hair, then all you can base that statement on is if you have a defined jaw or not. Now one knows what your head shape is, only what your jaw looks like.

I have a small, but defined jaw. it's pointy. In no way large or masculine. What sort of eye glasses should I choose?

so i just ordered 2 glasses to get my drivers license

Interesting thread, so what are objectively the most masculine looking frames?

feels like wearing glasses is a minus no matter what i do tho

I wear contacts and glasses when i can't be bothered putting contacts in. Contacts are an expensive overhead so most ppl generally use a mix of contacts and glasses.

I wear steel frame rectangular Armanis. These are the glasses of choice for captains of industry.

Invest in a good pair of sunglasses. People don't realize how much the sun degrades the eyes over years. I never go anywhere here in Texas without them.
t. 29 still with 20/15

These are old man pervert glasses

Himmler style

Fucking pleb

I wear pic related.

I like the old man feel to wearing it

Pedophile glasses are the way to go.