>Random Dec30
imgur.com/a/pSrvx
>N Hama Dec 29
i.imgur.com/R08MjX9.jpg
>Quneitra Dec11
i.imgur.com/8VQRJJr

Devs Jan 24
>Syrian gov’t calls latest accusation of chemical weapons usage ‘lies’
>Tillerson blames Russia for E ghoutha chem. attack, admits he doesn't know who did it
>Turkish warplanes start bombing Manbij. TFSA captures Adamanli&‘Umar Ushagi towns in Afrin
>Turkey:287 kurds killed. YPG denied, claims only 15-20 fighters were killed. YPG claims it killed 203 TFSA fighters
>Kurdish forces:There are no SAA troops in Afrin
>SAA to halt military operations in Idlib once Abu Dhuhour Airport is secured
>DeZ:SDF capture Gharanij town, 10km north of Haijn
>OPCW invited by Damasc&Russia to visit captured warehouses where rebels stored chemical weapons
>Report:US-coalition killed up to 11k civis in 40 months
>Pentagon:YPG fighters that leave IS front for Afrin will lose support
>US claims 150 ISIS terrorists killed in eastern Syria
>Report:Turkish military column enter W Aleppo in order to open a new front on Afrin
>Latakia:SAA repells HTS attack
>Saudi-led coalition captures Hamily area in Taiz
>Houthis repel Saudi offensive in the Najran Region of Saudi Arabia

Prev

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/watanisy/status/956942969369714689
youtube.com/watch?v=wxnwwZ6NNzk
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/956833685432668161
twitter.com/aaronstein1/status/956693420432478208
youtu.be/qY4UejI8xoU?t=31s
defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf
web.archive.org/web/20180125003909/https://www.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-skeptics/when-it-comes-foreign-policy-hope-not-strategy-24176?page=show
archive.is/yqwKF
theamericanconservative.com/articles/trumps-national-defense-strategy-has-the-pentagon-popping-the-champagne/
archive.is/hQ2bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for..

FUCK TURKEY!!!!!!

Keep this one alive, I missed Ebin's call.

So it's his bread over here thats legit

Threadly reminder...
>prev:

J U S T

>Kurds teaching an Italian cartoonist how to distinguish between different artillery
>when you hear ratatata it's the ISIS. when you heat tum. tum. tum it's us [aka Kurds]
>what about sboom
>depends. fire then sboom americans. just sboom, ISIS

>Kurds "safe house" hospitality
>this thing made me think of some dark secret den where to spend the night. dunno, maybe Carmen San Diego would've come to pick us
>instead we go to the home of this guy who looks like the old geezer from "Up" redesigned for the middle east market
>Necim says if you want dinner he can make some lentils cream
>Nah come on, this time around we're cooking. Let's make some good pasta for everyone, to thank him
>the proposal creates great enthusiasm
>Oh yeah! Pasta! Let's do it!
>(I cook like shit so they relegated me to pit the olives, but eh, ok)
>I instantly understand Necim's enthusiasm is """relative"""
>Oh, we're doing the pasta, but he's cooking like ten thousand liters of lentils cream anyway, not sure if he understood.

>happens to pretty much align with war-torn areas
>2004
Meme magic is back all over again!

wrong thread mate go here
though keep bumping the bread

>158132183
Cringe
>reddit spacing
>EDITION

I am aghast

bump

this is an american website
these generals are anti-american
most of you are not only sandniggers, but you spread the cancerous "mutt" maymay as well
I think it is time for you to leave, thank god your threads are dying to the point they need bumps to stay alive
no one wants you here
and especially USA posters who use this general, you're a disgrace to your country & a traitor

bump

bumb

bump

bump

Is the real reason there are so many female Kurdish fighters a mere overpopulation of women?

bump

bumperino

>so many female Kurdish fighters
There aren't. It started as a propaganda mission to get retarded Western communists to come and fight for the YPG so they could use them to get more funding

bump

>"The FSA and Turkish forces are unable to advances over the past 2 days in Afrin due to the poor weather and have lost some ground to the YPG. Everything is covered in mud. An FSA fighter inside told @Elizrael they are staying put and waiting for the weather to improve."

The Turks are having trouble with the Kurds eh?

F

The k*rds really thought that they could win against the 2nd strongest member of NATO

kek

F

You are talking like you already won
you arent making any progress and the YPG is recapturing land from you, Roach.

Kerkük is next

Please do that, so we can have an excuse to recapture Kirkuk and genocide the Turkmen

Poor guys, they just want a free secular syria without intervention of foreign nations.

An honest to God question, if you care so much about your separatists aspirations, why are you here shitposting right now instead of in peshmerga

Personal reasons

>personal reasons
if you dont elaborate im just going to assume your too much of a pussy to actually stand behind your ideals

F

Shame the UN won't give a fuck.

Cheers, fine read

Thanks Deepy.

TAF advancing slowly, bad weather, mud everywhere
And damn these lads are well equipped, love the automatic granade launchers, rifle plus RPG, nightvision on machine guns and stuff.

I enjoy being able to observe how infantry can be used in conventional warfare these days. It's a rare sight after all.

It seems so comfy to spend your best years like this. With your friends, with occassional kick of adrenaline.

Anyway is TAF full professional army? I don't think conscripts would've been sent for the operation.
Planning and execution does require certain levels of discipline.

That's pretty nice gear. I'm not a fan of their tactical posture, but who hasn't entered that sort of stupor during a long march?

This guy looks like he really hates it there.

They're still retarded. Doesn't matter if TAF. They'll be shooting rpg's yelling alahu akbar soon enough

3 mass graves found in Abu ad-Duhur, probably martyrs of the early stage of the war.
>twitter.com/watanisy/status/956942969369714689
May they rest in peace, as all the other martyrs.
This video by ANNA presents it very well:
youtube.com/watch?v=wxnwwZ6NNzk
May roses grow where their blood was spilled.

>but who hasn't entered that sort of stupor during a long march?
From own experience I know you can "sleep" while marching when extremally tired, it's a weird feeling indeed.
Nah, they won't they're not a random militia, they're an army.

Interesting, one US SOF dead, second critically wounded during clashes in Afrin.
No source, sorry.

Ill take with a grain of salt, but if true Trump will sperg the fuck out at Erdy, he wont like being made to look weak

>Trump will sperg the fuck out
>implying it will ever get reported
naive, the US covers up this shit unless it hits the mainstream. You'll never hear about combat casualties unless it serves a ulterior purpose

It didn't happen. You can stop speculating now.
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/956833685432668161

Kobane was Kurd Stalingrad. Afrin will be Kurd Moscow.

It will be brushed under the rug. Turkish soldiers killing American soldiers would be a distraction from the Iranian bogeyman.

>Sperg out
>about SOF's
Did anyone sperg out when Blackwater got Tochka'd?

The US isn't really credible. That statement doesn't disprove it, but certainly doesn't support it.

Interesting, I'm not sure if it was in OIR interest to acknowledge it publicly though. Nevertheless it's not impossible, but very unlikely, as there's no point for US SOFs to be in Afrin right now.

True if big
doesn't surprise me desu, I suspect this kind of action on behalf of US is going to result in a guaranteed move against Manbij or even east of the Euphrates

this

Don't think Turkey will touch east of Euphrat, but Manbij will certainly be a thing if by the time Afrin is counquered the YPG/PYD doesn't choose to reconcilate with the loyalists and/or Ruskies.

They can still shell it and drop leaflets calling burgers to get out or get bombed for few days.

Isn't credible compared to what? Some internet rumors?

>conquered
they need to get their shit together first.
seriously its been a week and one of the largest armies in the world supplemented with FSA fags has barely been able to advance in an enclave that is at least nominally cut off from the rest of its territory. Its just getting embaressing

Fortunately American soldiers don't follow orders from some leaflets.

FSA is like over 70% of this operation's ground forces. Easily up to 90%. They are pushing their jannisaries at the target first.

Turks can always surround places they can't fight due to burgers and just sit there and wait.

>when you make a "full burger" post

>Don't think Turkey will touch east of Euphrat
I think it's going to be highly situational, probably too soon to say anything for sure. Afrin will be done in 6 months give or take some extra time and Manbij will probably start either after or during

good night

LA CREATURA!!

Picture reminds me of RuAF campaign in the Euphrates Valley a lot.
Yeah, sure, if, and when, TAF holds both Afrin and Manbij they'll turn their eyes to the rest of YPG/PYD/PKK/whatever territory bordering them.
Don't get me wrong, I just want to say that if OIR was to acknowledge it, US had to have an interest in it. But even before seeing their statement denying this rumor, I thought of it as highly unlikely, yet possible.

Oh, you are going to bed! Good night Bosniak Kurd-slayer.

And will Kurds just sit on their hands until then? After Afrin gets KARA BOGA'd and Manbij starts?

what do you make of this
twitter.com/aaronstein1/status/956693420432478208

Well, they've managed to kill 10 times less civilians compared to militants, which is really an achievement, at least compared to USAF "let's deliberatly murder anything down there" campaign. The advance is well planned, slow, cautious. They've learnt from al-Bob.

Compared to anything. Why is Turkey invading Afrin and Manbij anyhow? Because we were creating a "Border Security Force" to prevent ISIS from escaping into Turkey. Beside the obvious facts that there is a Turkish army capable of that and very little ISIS left anyway meant the pretext is pretty thin. So we're left with a 30,000 strong Kurdish army that is American armed, trained, and supported perfectly positioned to support Kurdish movements in Turkey. Anyone who thought Turkey would be okay with this is retarded.

The point being that American denials or affirmations are not dispositive in and of themselves. The rumor itself may not be credible, but the US has reasons to lie.

>will Kurds just sit on their hands
That's the big question and it's probably going to be a demonstration of how much power the US actually holds over them. Fuck, CentCom might even give the Kurds a green light given that CentCom is basically independent of any oversight

I suspect the US wants Turkey to embarrass themselves or suffer a broken tooth on the kurds in order to bring them back to the fold

>Tactical mud deployed
W E A P O N I Z E D D I R T

The same everyone does. Either Turks aren't really serious yet or they're incompetent.
Now the reasons for the former might be that it's aimed at forcing YPG to bend or that they're not yet sure of the "international opinion" stance on this shit.
Erdogan will actually commit before that happens, he can't back down now.

Hell knows. YPG/PYD reconcilation might become an option, after all RF MFA is pushing very hard for Kurdish presence in Sochi. They don't stand a chance militarily, that's for sure.
Plenty of Arabs from SDF won't join the fight and even if they did they'll lose western support. Situation does look grim for YPG/PYD at the moment, and nothing indicates a change.
>Turkey hasn’t really committed ground forces and is relying on FSA and airpower + artillery
True. I've expected more use of MLRS, but they really care about not hitting civilians.
>I suspect that the TSK KIAs are linked to this, spotters/advisers for targeting as part of the ATO cycle
Also a fair observation.
>Operation being run out of Bestepe, under the control of the 2nd army, with the ops room in Hatay (I find the Bestepe connection odd, but not surprising)
I was suprised the command didn't stay with the 1st, but of course TAF command knows better which troops are more suited for this kind of action.
>I get the sense that the pilot shortages are playing a factor in limiting sorties, so heavier reliance on artillery — which is imprecise
Possible, they even had to let pilots jailed after the coup out to resume strikes against PKK in Turkey. Might be a significant factor lowering the efficiency of TuAF.
>Very interesting contrast to how the coalition ran the raqqa air campaign.
RIGHT ON THE FUCKING POINT, that's how you conduct an operation without murdering tens of thousands of civilians.

Generally very fair observations and a good, informative thread, cheers Penguin.

>Erdogan will actually commit before that happens
while you and I know that, the burgers seem to be handling this situation like complete retards and move for something along those lines, which would backfire horrifically.

>without murdering tens of thousands of civilians
those were ISIS collaborators. Raqqa is now a bastion of freedom and democracy, dare I say it, a modern Washington DC for the middle east

>not a militia
have you seen this? youtu.be/qY4UejI8xoU?t=31s

turkish SF mixed with FSA attacking PYD shit this army is as undisciplined as a Arab army can get

>tfw battle of baghdad footage never ever

>Why is Turkey invading Afrin and Manbij anyhow? Because we were creating a "Border Security Force" to prevent ISIS from escaping into Turkey.
I'm going to swallow that delicious bait.
No, not because of it. Because Turkish state doesn't want to end the conflict with a terrorist organization along it's southern border. Because it secures it's national interest.

>I'm going to swallow that delicious bait.
m8 you didn't read the entire post
check out the

>So we're left with a 30,000 strong Kurdish army that is American armed, trained, and supported perfectly positioned to support Kurdish movements in Turkey. Anyone who thought Turkey would be okay with this is retarded.

>picking up chicks in eastern Syria
Wouldn't recommend it.

My bad, sorry, you're right.
I have no idea what Pentagon (it's their project after all) had in mind while thinking Turkey won't react to it. Arogance maybe, or plain foolishness. Seriously is there a bunch of cretins who never set a foot in the middle east taking these decisions over the seas? Looks like it. I'm symphatetic with the state of your country's geopolitical insight. Like a bunch of retarded children in a sandbox filled with shit.

>that grenade launcher
If anyone wondered where HTS got theirs from.

He was being sarcastic. I know, unexpected from an amerimutt, caught you off guard

Turkey is not invading Manbij becuase there are American troops there, some skirmishes due to uncontrollable rebels but nothing can be done about that, and some occasional artillery strikes, but that has always happened. On top of that there hasn't been a buildup of Turkish forces like there has been around Afrin. In short, if Americans were there, they wouldn't be invading. Like they waitied for the Russians to leave before invading Afrin.

Read this and you will realize that the stupidity starts at the top.

defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf
web.archive.org/web/20180125003909/https://www.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf

Decent analyses and summary of it.
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-skeptics/when-it-comes-foreign-policy-hope-not-strategy-24176?page=show
archive.is/yqwKF
theamericanconservative.com/articles/trumps-national-defense-strategy-has-the-pentagon-popping-the-champagne/
archive.is/hQ2bM

>Seriously is there a bunch of cretins who never set a foot in the middle east taking these decisions over the seas?
Yes and the various wings of our government have essentially "broken free" and are now acting independently. You saw this with the "border guards" thing where CentCom and the Pentagon announced it, meanwhile the White House and State dept were never informed until the Turks called them up

Imperial implosion soon

>tfw assad will lose the civil war

Feels good man

It's known since the operation south of Afrin, Nusra cooperates with TAF.
After all think of it like this:
>TIP & Nusra allied
>TIP being a Turkish proxy
Poof, wonders happen and someone has to blur a face of an advisor in the ranks of Nusra from time to time.

Dear Amerimutt, can you tell me how the american society reacted to this? the public opinion about a 30k strong "border-guard". Does the society approve of it? Are the stances supportive of this idea?

Turks already bombed and shelled around Manbij and east of Euphrates. It's basically warning shots to show they mean business.