Can any user please redpill me on Louisiana I plan moving out there from California and want to know how it's out there...

Can any user please redpill me on Louisiana I plan moving out there from California and want to know how it's out there political wise
>Inb4 fuck off we're full

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F8I5BCv48dA
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx54ftQKrYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New Acadia is full of Super-Catholic fellas who speak French. So go there if you're TradCat, speak French, & like Alligator.

Avoid if possible, but if you must never step foot in this state, stay away from New Orleans it is a complete shithole. If the sights don't get you the horrific smells will. Still trying to find my opportunity to leave this horrible excuse for a city... not mention New Orleans is incredibly blue. Again, if you come here AVOID NEW ORLEANS.

its so fucking cool i love it
im from nyc i wanna move there

I hope all you califags leaving are executed by your brethren.

t.califag

Niggerville. Don't.

Go to Wyoming. The cold weather filters out a lot of shitskins.

I hope you're still in cali when the cartels are subsidized and cut your heart out in front of your mother.

Hol up, you're moving there on purpose?

I love it. I want to move there when I retire as well. Only thing i dont like is the heat. Im half French Canadian and want to reinvent myself there as a Cajun.

You should just stay in california.

Lived in a suburb of nola for a year.
Lived back to Texas as soon as possible.
Everyone is fuckin weird.
Culture is weird.
Stores are weird.
Everyone talks like uneducated mondays.

Don't do it.

>redpill me on x

mods? delete this shit thread

fucking idiot Californians I swear. no one wants you. fuck off we're full

>I plan of moving to X from California.
Ever time.

Every time sorry.

as a general rule don't, but if you apply southern courtesies and customs despite their weird law system, they are very southern and a staple of that.

despite stereotypes, Louisiana has one hell of a sense of fashion as compared to the rest of the south thanks to the strong french influence.

south east is a really nice place to visit, but don't stay there permanently because literally it will inevitably flood and you will loose a lot because of it. hence cheap land and a lot of undesirable persons living there.

Niggers everywhere. Most of the whites are of the white trash variety. Basically a real fucking shithole.

Pussy. Scared of literal subhumans.

OH BOY I HOPE YOU LIKE NIGGERS
NIGGERS AND LEVEE PEOPLE

my wife is from the bayou. its not really the place you want to live. Many of the whites are disgustingly obese and have that trailer trash attitude. the kind where you ruin a 20 year old christmas tradition and start a civil war in the family because of a disagreement over a veggie tray. Im not saying there aren't some great people, but you'll see more fat mudsharks in one day there than you ever want to see in a lifetime. The niggers are nicer than LA niggers but they are still niggers and you should never relax. Also everything is fucking flat and it takes some getting used to.

Politically speaking, its much better than california, but everyone seems to be between boomer cuckservative and alex jones tier republican.

Oh and don't go to New Orleans unless you have to. its a shithole.

fuckoffwefullnigga
true story

dont do it

Stay in California faggot.

Stick to Lafayette or Baton Rouge, everywhere else is nigger central.

no
nothing but NYC fags here in nola
you guys are worse than niggers

>non adjustable stock
>reduced mag capacity
>no bottom rail
>probably some shit sight or 1.5x scope
After rifle is a pile of shit that no self respected gun owner would buy.

New Orleans is arguably the most unique and interesting cities in the world—and THE most unique and interesting in the USA.

There are issues for sure. But the “soul” of the city is absolutely incomparable. I love New Orleans.

You faggots shitting on Nola can have your generic interstate exits and hideous strip malls that all look the same for as far as the eye can see, and where everyone is a sterile robot, and the food is mass produced dog shit. I’ll stay in Nola.

Most people complaining about he smells, etc, are all talking about Bourbon street, which is where lame faggots stay within the city and never venture elsewhere. They’ve never been to a Saints game, or a Pelicans game, or gone to Magazine St or Frenchman St, or Oak St. So yeah, don’t listen to these embarrassingly ignorant retards. They know less than shit about the city.

After rifle is legal in California, before rifle is not.

Fight me cow wrangler
t. Metairie

Don't. Just don't. Seriously, it's possibly worst place ever. There's a fun game I like to play called "Africa or Louisiana" in which you pop somewhere randomly either in Louisiana or Africa on google street view, and someone else to guess which it is. It's an extremely difficult game.

>They've never been to a Saints game
Why would you want to?

Louisiana, namely New Orleans, is FULL of you "dreamers". You all come down here to 'reinvent' yourself. You love the wantonness of such a laid back lifestyle, the temperature, the drinking, music and food. Quickly you realize, this isn't America, its Northern Haiti. The government is comically corrupt. Basic services are laughably inefficient. Getting ANYTHING done or experiencing accountability in any area is ridiculously frustrating.

>califag
kindly leave hour traditions and culture in your state.

As for LA:
>lots of niggers
>lots of nigger mentality whites
>hot and humid
>good food
>strong culture
>lazy culture
>live and let live mentality that leads to extremes on both ends of any spectrum
>low job prospects outside of oil work
>great oil work when oil is going well
>cheap cost of living, but a generally poorer society (due to single industry dominance more so than cheap cost of living. Low CoL is due to low tax and regulation)
>festive culture means even the most bitter enemies will share a drink of the time calls for it
>heavy drinking culture
>strangely enough had great race relations, though kind of segregated as far as housing goes

Louisiana got ravaged by politics over the recent decades so it isn't the nicest on the surface, but generally everything has been on the up (at least when the oil is pumping).

Avoid chocolate city it is still infested with the shit politics I mentioned, as well as a general black hole for all tax money. You will rarely see tax getting used properly in the city.

Very corrupt politicians which leads to a very high disregard for public institutions. For example, back during the summer floods in 2016 the community stepped up and provided the majority of search and rescue efforts without any public oversight. As a result certain politicians tried to regulate boat use during a crisis (thankfully failed).

Overall not a bad place to be, but it could be better of course. Most of the negatives are from having to trial and error our way to acceptable race relations while retaining a strong communal culture. Results in a generally poorer society due to the nogs generally dragging things down, but it allows for the community to stay connected and generally feel good about itself.

Good or bad it's home to me. I am kind of fond of the slower and carefree culture, to the point where the louder and more crowded places are super off putting.

>difficult

Fake and extremely gay.

There are three distinct ares of the state of Louisiana
> north of Lafayette = Baptist Belt
> Lafayette to Baton Rouge = Acadian Triangle
> Greater New Orleans Area = nola

Lousiana fashion sense is jeans a t-shirt if you're being fancy . Don't kid yourself, there is no fashion here.

yeah, live in New Orleans.
> under 3rd water boil order in the last 12 months
> shitty Cox ISP that always drops
> Entergy power that drops when the wind blows
> NIGGER INFESTED schools

Great description.

No, Louisiana is a shithole country. There's a leper colony for Christ's sake. Avoid this place like the plague it is.

My friend lives there. He says to avoid the ghettos at all costs. They have a huge nigger problem and he's had multiple encounters with them while working at a Cabellas.

Bourbon Street is really fake.

Uptown Magazine/Oak comfy as fuck in the morning (Magazine CCs is great). Also really like Rue de la Courses or Zotz depending on how I'm feeling.

youtube.com/watch?v=F8I5BCv48dA

>working at a Cabellas.
BATON ROUGE

All of these things are true. But I love it. So fuck off, crybaby faggot if you can’t be inconvenienced for a second while appreciating the amazing culture that no amount of government ordinances or faggot screeching can create.

>appreciating the amazing culture
idealist bywater crustie confirmed
fuck off and die

The state is still run by blue dog democrats who have been changing to R's over the last 15 years and basically have a whole pay to play operation going. I was born there and lived there a good chunk of my adult life. Glad I got out. Stay away if you can.

Eatel is fantastic internet. Its really a shame neither New Orleans or Baton Rouge have access to it.

Louisiana is a state, not a country, you blithering idiot.

Eat shit Metairie fag.

You have issues if you can't tell the difference between Louisiana and Africa. Africa doesn't have roads.

In Louisiana, at any given moment, half of the state is under water, and half of its elected officials are under indictment.

Louisiana education, everybody! This person is a perfect example Louisiana, they don;t understand the reference and cannot make the connection.

You underestimate how shitty Louisiana is and that there are some nice areas in Africa.

I'm Metairie. New Metairie is basically regular suburbs and Old Metairie is as pretty as nicer part of Uptown but much much safer.

Fuck Cox. Have you been having problems lately? Fucking network infrastructure is garbage here in NOLA. Half the time my upload speeds drop to nothing. I've called Cox like 20x and had techs come out like 20x in the past 3 years and they never fix any problems, because it's their shitty network here. I swear to fucking god I've had the worse service with them, and the only other option is AT&T and they offer shit compared to Cox, at least where I live as AT&T hasn't rolled out fiber in my neighborhood yet, neither has Cox.

Honestly, New Orleans isn't that bad, most whites (like me) live in Metairie / Kenner anyways, not in the city proper, and there's not a lot of crime in Metairie in the white suburbs, which is where all the whites fled to anyways. Just don't move to the eastern part of the city, that's where all the crime is / where nogs noggin.

My sister got home invaded, held at gunpoint and could have probably gotten murdered by nigs when she lived in New Orleans. I'll NEVER live in New Orleans ever again, it's not worth the risk. At least in Metairie we don't have to deal with that fucking bullshit. Houses are cheaper here, taxes are better, and it's not like you can't just get on I-10 for 10 minutes and get to downtown and do whatever the fuck you want there and then go home where you're actually safe.

All of this said, I don't want to live in SE Louisiana anymore. Hurricanes make it too dangerous, I'm gonna move north to someplace like Colorado or Wyoming the first chance I get.

>getting anything done or experiencing accountability is frustrating
For public institutions? Yea easily. Private? Not so much.
For some reason Louisiana's answer to our corrupt government is to abandon it and all other public institutions. It's for the nogs now; whites stick to private institutions.

Speaking of roads, if you are driving into Louisiana from Texas or Arkansas, you can tell without ever seeing a sign because the road money seems to line all the politicians' pockets instead of ever fixing a single road, let alone bridge.

lakeview new orleans has some of the WORST roads I've ever driven on, especially down by Canal Blvd by the lake. I mean fuck, the region was flooded by Katrina, but the roads are in the same state they were back when Katrina hit today, it's awful. Potholes fucking everywhere too. When I lived there my car's suspension took a beating just driving down those roads every single day.

I've probably got like four different working modems because whenever cox heard we had problems they just gave us a new fucking modem as if that fixed it all.

Clearly you've never been to Terrebonne parish

Is there any state in the usa that isnt? Most outside towns in every state look 3rd world

>Terrebonne parish
Big Mike's BBQ

Nola resident here, let me give you a run down from someone else who moved here a decade ago.

All public schools are where you go to get stab wounds an a 5th grade education by graduation, assuming you aren't killed in a cross fire. All children you love will go to private Catholic schools where they will still receive a subpar education compared to another states public fair, but at a 10k-20k a year cost to you.

Alcohol and alcohol related degeneracy runs wild. Not the fun drinking, the sad fucking 45 year old on a DUI cruiser bike asking you to bum a smoke and missing teeth.
Housing market is absolute garbage. Expect 200k for a fixer upper in an urban enhanced neighborhood. Expect to rent indefinitely if aren't coming with money to buy before you get there because you won't be saving any with the cost of living and shit wages across the board

Niggers everywhere. You will pay the nigger tax multiple times a day. I wasn't even racist until I moved here and pretty much went full 14/88 gun owner by year 7. I am not poor or white trash, my household income is about 5 times the median here. They completely ruin everything daily. You will waste hours of your life waiting on niggers gumming up the works, shucking and jiving and holding up EVERY. FUCKING. THING.

Everyone here is some sort of inbred Italian mutt. It's disgusting. They all look alike. They all incestuously mingle. Entire neighborhoods are dominated by the same last name. You will hear the same fucking last names constantly. There is very little genetic diversity outside the dumb fucks like me who moved from out of state.

Everything is broken. The police, the emergency services, the roads, the social services. Everyone just accepts it and even wears it as a badge of honor. You are responsible for your own safety, i.e. get a gun(s).

This place is hell. I'm moving back home with my wife this year and praying that God and the sea wipe this place out.

I've been through like 4 modems in the past 2 years. Same problems every time. I even had Cox replace the cabling coming to my home, as well as the cable running to my modem. Same shit, nothing fixed.

Early January there was a solid week or so in which service went up and down for many days. It's so fucking unreliable.

I know exactly how shitty Louisiana is. It is still not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.
Depends on who is funding the road. It can either be super shitty or a very nice road depending on who is handling the money.
Generally you are correct though. To be fair, however, it is fairly expensive to maintain roads in a swamp as they will always sink.

Funny thing about road funding is that is exactly what the federal government withholds from Louisiana to get the state to play ball on things.
For instance construction of I45 was almost completely stalled while Obama was in office due to DC politics.

Prairieville fag here. Lived in Louisiana my whole life. Only good thing I can say is that the poor cost of living and high number of religious folks keeps the SJW libshits out. That, and the laid back culture. That's about it.

Oh, and new Orleans is like that dystopian Los Angeles depicted in sci fi movies except for real. Stay away like others have said.

oh and don't use the garbage modems cox gives you (and likely charge a """rental""" fee every month for), buy your own, something like a netgear or arris surfboard or a docsis 3.1 since they will probably upgrade their network here in the next few years.

I've also lived up north, where there's a freeze-thaw cycle and the roads take a beating year to year, but they are working on them every summer trying to fix the damage. Louisiana really has no excuse for the absolute state of their roads.

You're not safe in metairie m8. They've already started car jackings at Lakeside and don't forget the Whitney Heights murder from that dinidu that just kicked in the door and shot the father and son. Spics are moving and dominated Kenner and Metry.

>wasn't even racist until I moved here and pretty much went full 14/88 gun owner by year 7
same

Yes, it's exactly as shitty as I make it out to be. It's seriously like a third world country.

t. someone who has been a third world country

That's actually where I live. You vastly overestimate Africa's infrastructure. Ours is great compared to theirs, and ours is shit.

>Everything is broken

Cox in New Orleans is unashamed in fucking everyone caught up in their monopoly. They have every single politician bought off so they can keep doing it too.

>political wise

it's like the wild west...you can tell by the highways when you enter the state going to shit from whichever direction you come in from

all white people that have any sense go to private schools ( particularly in nola )

it's a great glorious place to live and party, just learn the lay of the land so you don't end up in places you don't need to be

I bet you consider Singapore a third world country.

Insterstates are federally funded and I-49 still will fuck your suspension. Not to mention Louisiana gets something like $3 back from the government in spending for every $1 they put in.

>This place is hell.

New Orleans roads are literal rubble in some places. Shit is fucked and the city doesn't care. They are too busy with muh statues.

idk my uncle died while working in Africa, and I flew over there to pick up his body. Pointe aux chenes still ranks at the bottom of my list of worst places on the planet.

I remember that murder actually, it happened by Esplanade right, by East Jefferson or something like that? Anyways I live kinda close by there, but where I live there isn't really any crime, all my neighbors are white too and it's overall a safe area. I mean crimes like that are a rare occurrence here, not that there's NO crime at all, but it's much less. I'm armed regardless and have dogs, so I'm not too worried.

they increased their prices as well not that long ago. I cannot fucking stand Cox. It's garbage that we literally have 2 choices here, one AT&T and the other Cox, and both are pretty shit.

>$3 back for every 1$ put in
Sadly doesn't count for dollars put directly into pockets.

Only someone from Louisiana could actually consider it a decent place. The land is shit, the people are shit, the food is shit, everything about it is terrible. The biggest holiday in the place is about getting wasted and destroying the place. It's a no-go zone.

>I'm armed regardless and have dogs, so I'm not too worried.

That's all you can do man. I honestly don't know how I survived living in places like those shitty apartments off Cleary and West Napolean without dogs and a gun. I live in the no nigger section of River Ridge but I never relax.

>no excuse for the state of their roads
An ever moving foundation is reason enough. Shit literally sinks and cracks.

But yeah, like you can probably imagine it's somewhat of a backwater. We just started getting shit like Trader Joe's or Chipotle opening businesses for the past 5 years.

they spend several million dollars taking down those statues, it's hilarious. Also, it was all one big virtue signal by Mitch Landrieu trying to make himself out to be a progressive and get attention to himself so that he could further his own political career, that's what it really came down to.

I mean honestly, the Liberty Place monument had to go, it really doesn't need to have a memorial to it in the first place, but there was really not much reason to remove the Beauregard or Robert E Lee statues. That shit was pretty stupid and waste of time.

>be me
>from california
>staunch conservative my entire 37 years alive
>hate the left with all my being
>constitution is literal gospel
>believe abortion should be outlawed (except certain extreme cases)
>believe in the right to keep and bear arms
>etc
>gotta get out of this shithole state
>thinking about moving to texas
>texasfags ignore everything i just typed above after stating where I'm from
>texasfags clutch their vaginas and tell me to stay out
>"REEEE UR A COMMIEFORNIAN DON'T COME HERE REEEREREREREEEER"
>even heard Glenn Beck, who move to texas from new york crying about californians moving there
>doesnt matter if theyre conservative
>"REEEE UR A COMMIEFORNIAN DON'T COME HERE REEEREREREREEEER"
>didnt realize that texas was full of irritable vaginas
>got family in Alabama
>tell them Im ready to gtfo this state
>they tell me theyre more than happy to have me
>thinking about Alaska too
>couple friends in Alaska want me to move there
Man, fuck texas.

It’s a shit hole. Their government is full of corruption.

>still receive a subpar education
Maybe for De La Salle/Holy Cross/Ursuline brainlets. Jesuit or Dominican or bust.

Man I drive by those apartments on Cleary every time, you always see """youths""" walking across that bridge as you cross I-10, I would NOT want to live anywhere near there...

>Only someone from Louisiana could actually consider it a decent place. The land is shit, the people are shit, the food is shit, everything about it is terrible

Are you me? Literally say this constantly. I don't even know why people freak over the food. I guess because it's exotic but jesus christ how many times can you make a seafood and cream sauce based dish and claim it's amazing.

Good. Stay out you filthy Commiefornian.

That's a fair enough arguement for southern Louisiana, but I'm from Shreveport, and the case is the same. There are slight rolling hills on highway 71 or highway 3 when you go into Arkansas, yet the roads are still shit until you hit the border.

>Jesuit or Dominican or bust.
You are getting the regular highschool education the rest of the country gets for free. You know how I know? Because I went to college with you morons and was leaps and bounds ahead.

> Louisiana
> "If you can't make it here, you'd better not leave"
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx54ftQKrYA

What part are you moving to? Bossier is pretty nice.

Dude that happens basically everywhere, not even remotely unique to Louisiana

I've never said it is a good place. I am saying it isn't Africa-tier. Africa doesn't have infrastructure or an economy.

We have those, it's just shit.

This is in Africa. God damn, Louisiana education is terrible.