What's it like to live in the North Island?

Wikipedia tells me that 3/4 of us live on the North Island and Auckland alone houses 1/3 of this country's population. That's insane. So that means 3/4 of every kiwi lives up top and 1 out of every three kiwis will say "I have a house or live in Auckland". wtf???

Watching our Jewish media I constantly keep seeing how we should raise awareness or give back for anyone with dark skin (pasifika) and how they're disadvantaged or low income etc. Furthermore what's with the property bubble in Auckland? Sure it's affected us here in Christchurch a little bit but not as much as OneNews is making it.

And finally multicultural? I've seen like four Maori people in my entire life and hell there are more Asians here than pasifika. Other than that it's just white people in all directions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_transmission_class
indexmundi.com/new_zealand/demographics_profile.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

idk dude im here in chch too. I live around the uni area. So im basically surrounded by foreign exchange students. Chinks and Poo's

Auckland is a shithole, but the rest of the North Island is nice. Wellington is a cute, comfy little city and the Taupo/Mount Ruapehu area is very pretty.

That's the thing. It's a university so of course there will be people there from all races. I myself live in Asianhead/Ilam and I think it's at least 50% Asian. I don't really give a shit because I'd rather take quiet friendly asians than sandniggers, or loud niggers/pasifika niggers anyday. I'm not too sure about poos though. I guess they can be pretty chill as well.

BTW dude have you noticed CHch has been getting a lot more people speaking spanish? Like wtf where did they come from?

I lived in the Auckland CBD almost a decade ago, it was a sea of chinks even then, and a lot of poos. Maybe half to a third of the people I saw daily were white. I live in the Bay of Plenty now, and my area seems like half white, half maori, with smatterings on poos. I plan on moving to the South island, if I stay in New Zealand at all.

>BTW dude have you noticed CHch has been getting a lot more people speaking spanish

Probably construction workers for the rebuild.

Since day 1 the amount of filipinos here have been astronomical because of the rebuild but hispanics/latin Americans? Are there wages really that cheap/low that they would come all the way to some no name city in NZ? I thought the construction companies would take people from Bangladesh or India as they're closer and the wages would DEFINITELY be lower.

I hate to say it, but a lot of us who become "successful" usually just jump ship to Oz since often you're paid more for the same work plus there is a greater demand for everything there. I knew this dude who was really educated living in I think Hawke's Bay and he was like
>wtf am I doing here

and just went to auz and got better pay, better house, married an aussie wife etc. Sadly it's really common here as many successful white kiwis move out but we also have skilled immigrants from South Africa, India, China etc moving in.

Wellington is awesome because it's basically a condensed from of Christchurch. I've heard since it's the capital and government is there, the people are pretentious, artsy and often intolerable.

Over here in legitimate country we are pretty much new china
ching chong ping ling fellow Chink Zealanders

I can understand that. I'd never survive Australia's heat though. If I leave it's not for business opportunities but cultural. New Zealand feels like we have very shallow foundations, it feels empty. So I keep looking to England, where my family is from. I don't know though.

Your country along with ours is being colonised by China so as to undermine US hegemony in the Pacific Ocean. Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne and Vancouver are the targets for their colonisation program, all strategic coastal cities with harbours and facilities able to accommodate the US Navy.

How long before China outright annexes Australia and New Zealand? I predict by 2050 at the latest.

FUCK IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. A common argument is they purchase property as an investment but consequently it leads to hundreds of empty condominiums with an artificial market jacking up prices. It also doesn't help that all these cities are overall pleasant to live in and don't really have huge racist problems.

Yeah bud we're all from England anyway but idk if I'd ever want to go back due to Mudslimes and the fact that it's really competitive for work there + a lot of people. Honestly the race thing really gets to me but I'm sure virtually any city in England that's not London is fine.

Yep. all the same in the western world

The hipsters mainly hang around Cuba Street. but at least they're not like the violent Islanders or loud, annoying Chinks you see in Auckland.

Wellington is a lovely city, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

I believe we're pretty high up there because we already have governments that are friendly towards the Chinese race and government. Unlike Africa (where the majority of China's foreign development is happening) people actually wanna live here and 27 million vs 1.3 billion? They will definitely turn Australia and New Zealand into their 23rd and 24th provinces.

I'd love to move there too but Christchurch isn't that bad, it's just so depressing and boring after the earthquake that our region has the highest suicide rate. Makes sense since there's nothing to do here except drink and fuck sheep.

Anyway I haven't been to Auckland since I was eight and honestly have NO CLUE what it was like. My parents had rich friends and we stayed in their house on the North Side FAR away from pasifikaniggers so it was very pleasant and safe.

I live in a highrise apartment and never go outside so I don't care, and if I moved to the south island my ping would be 15ms higher

How is Christchurch doing 7 years after the quake anyway? I was there last in 2015 and the city centre was filled with parking lots and the cathedral was just a pile of rubble. Is that still the case?

In all honesty, Auckland isn't any better or worse than say Sydney or Melbourne. You have some nice areas like the North Shore, Ponsonby, Parnell etc, but there's a lot of homelessness, congestion, diversity and there isn't really much to do there for a city of 1.5 million. You're in for a culture shock at the least.

nobody cares.

Yeah the state of England definitely gives me pause, and it's pretty tragic to see the road it's going down. At the same time though I feel like I want to be there when the time comes to take it back. Maybe that sounds larpy.

>city centre was filled with parking lots and the cathedral was just a pile of rubble.

It still is. The council is painfully slow at making decisions and since many buildings in the centre were old, they have historical """"""""""""""""""""""""value"""""""""""""""""""""" and people refuse to knock them down. Best example is the Cathedral and it STILL IS a pile of rubble because people have no idea what to do with it. It's amazing. From the earthquake in 2011 it still looks EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME. They haven't cleaned up anything, the stautes heads and crosses are still broken, NOTHING. All they've done is fence it off. Wilson Parking was smart to capitalise on our feelings and as a result those lots they have demolished they quickly bought them and transformed them into shitty parking lots. The moment you stop your car there they charge you $4, even for 1 minute. FUCK me this is depressing our city centre still looks like ISIS bombed it 5 minutes ago.

Recently my parents went to Melbourne and they said it was very nice (they probably just went to the tourist-y areas) but doing some research I read homelessness is a gigantic issue and anyone who hasn't got their shit together is basically a druggie. How true is this?

Idk in general NZ is a pretty boring country. Apart from the scenery, we're basically just budget Australia.

Is it quiet? Do condos have some sort of noise cancelling? I've always wondered how hotels do it though.

Maybe try some other European countries? I hate to say this but Germany seems to be the most promising of all the Western European countries even though they're cucked to oblivion. Maybe do some research. I myself know NOTHING about the European economy other than it's recovering more slowly than anticipated. I would stay the fuck away from Mediterranean countries though

Yeah, it was definitely very eerie walking around the city centre. It was pretty much only tourists wandering around there. In a way, it's a cool reminder of what happened, but in another, it makes NZ look really third world.

>I read homelessness is a gigantic issue and anyone who hasn't got their shit together is basically a druggie. How true is this?
I think homelessness in Australian cities is on the same level as Auckland. Yes, you have lots of druggo homeless people, but also lots of families living in their cars because they can't afford to pay sky high rent and the waiting lists for state housing are too long.

>Idk in general NZ is a pretty boring country.
It's more for people who like adventure/exploring the outdoors than admiring cool architecture or history. Queenstown is quite fun.

just be careful not to jump too hard or you'll fuckin botch the landing and end up in 56land like me

Depends where u live. Lots of auckland is a multiculty shithole. The house prices remain a mess as more and more chinks buy land. Luckily I have wealthy parents and they live in a nice area (muriwai beach and takapuna), but I wouldn't recommend living here. I'm moving back to my homeland (england) after I finish studying. It's easy enough to avoid the sjw types irl. Haven't watched the news for a few years since I becam3 more aware of how utterly rubbish it is

depends on the building
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_transmission_class

I live on the top floor and my bedroom is away from every other apartment so I can't hear anything from muh neighbors

the problem with Australia is its full of fucking Australians, they conveniently leave this fact out of all the brochures the deceitful cunts

Went through Christchurch several times in the 90's when I worked on the ice. What a beautiful city, friendly people, great food and beer. Baileys pub and Pete the bartender. Fond memories. Too bad about the quake tho.

ive always wanted to go to NZ since i saw The Quiet Earth. wanted buy a toyota hilux and live in some small town. it's depressing that you guys are getting chinked as hard as here.

>but also lots of families living in their cars because they can't afford to pay sky high rent and the waiting lists for state housing are too long.

Wow this barely exists in Christchurch. I mean it does happen but at like 3% the frequency of any aussie city.

In regards to the Christchurch City Centre it is better now as a new mall has opened called The Crossing along with the Container Mall but it pales in comparison before the earthquake. pre 2011 it was amazing, very clean, lots of shit to do, lots of history, gardens, bicycle tracks, giant chessboard hell even an aquarium and convention centre. All that's gone now but in fucking 40 years it will look like how it did before 2011 since there are a lot of very ambitious plans but it's taking FOREVER to knock down all the old buildings.

>Queenstown is quite fun.
This is true.

>I live on the top floor and my bedroom is away from every other apartment so I can't hear anything from muh neighbors

You're living the dream my mane. I assume condos ban pets as well (never heard of high rises allowing pets). I'm so sick of hearing douchebag cars/motorbikes with really loud engines or my fucking neighbour's dog barking. I'm also sick of hearing people chainsaw trees or mow they're lawn with their 1950s lawnmower which sounds like a slaughterhouse.

People always tell me a house with land is more valuable, while that may be true I just wanna get away from my neighbours and live high up somewhere.

Is the Wizard still around? He was a legend.

Yeah up north I'm just as clueless as you bud. Is England worth saving? I'm not sure about London anymore but if I was given a choice to work anyware in Europe it would be Germany because I respect the German work ethic and culture. I know they're the king of being immicucked but hopefully political factors deal with that soon.

kek

The quake completely destroyed all of that charm. I vividly remember memories being there as a kid. The crime rate was non existent back then and my cousins would play this game called "see who can find graffiti" and it was really hard. Now it's just like any other semi ok place with increasing crime rate...

What is New Zealand like? It seems like a first world refuge from all of the bullshit happening everywhere else in the world.

Essentially it is, but if you move here you'll probably expect lower wages for the same amount of work you could do in UK or Australia. Makes sense since our pop is so low and it's an overall pleasant place to live but it's not a very exciting country.

We have our own issues, mainly all the non-whites. And chinks moving in en masse. On the plus side, no niggers or muslims.

fake as hell
I have a Kazakh visa in my NZ passport right now
You have to apply in advance for the visa, you don't just get detained at the border

I checked your population on Wikipedia and apparently, your country’s population has went from 4,242,048 in the 2013 census to 4,851,200 in a 2017 estimate. That’s insane.

worth visiting?

Our immigration laws have been absurd, mainly through foreign land buyers and international student loopholes. We were run by kikes for a while.

That’s a shame. Any chance of right wing politics rising in New Zealand? I know you have NZ First, but, if I recall correctly, I don’t think they did well last year.

I don't see it happening any time soon, our population are some of the most apathetic I've seen.

In West Auckland.

Help

>Apathetic
This. Fucking hell why is our populace so unconcerned about things i mean yeah its comfy as hell here but, we have a shit-ton of issues that need to be addressed.
Examples like: Immigration, The Environment, The Economy as a whole and so forth

Is NZ a good country to start a new life? It's small and isolated but still a civilized nation, do they have market for engineers?

Because we're depressed and don't know it.

Considering the Suicide Rates and how geographically isolated we are, yeah i would believe this

>multicultural

I think you need to relax and stop believing in "white" genocide, Muslims now constitute about 1% of the population in New Zealand from Asia and africa. (Pakistanis) you guys are still a huge majority in new Zealand and according to the statistics by the year 2050 New Zealand will be 6% Muslim from african nations and asia. Now as far as the overall multiculturalism goes immigration was making the country multicultural. ... During that period, the proportion of people identifying with Māori, Pacific and Asian ethnicities increased. In 2013, 74% of New Zealanders identified with one or more European ethnic groups. Did you catch that? European ethnicities! Not outside europe! People identified as other European immigrants. So dont worry dude white genocide is not the real conspiracy here. Europeans are the majority there

New Zealand is fucking hot thou

Can i have your sources pls

The majority of New Zealand's population is of European descent (74 percent), with the indigenous Māori being the largest minority (14.9 percent), followed by Asians (11.8 percent) and non-Māori Pacific Islanders (7.4 percent). Pew research center

Blue is European

European majority according to the census

Less than 20%

Fuck

That's because you're fucking stupid and you keep letting them in to infiltrate your society. You don't want white Europeans, but you sure do love Asians and Muslims. You're pathetic. Go fuck a sheep.

European majority

indexmundi.com/new_zealand/demographics_profile.html

You sure it's not Portuguese? I've noticed a big uptick in Brazilians lately. They're fucking every where. Still not as bad as Chinksects though

Lived in Wellington for 5 years went to H.S there, came back in 010. Great city with a little bit of everything, the burbs are nice too.
Auckland reminds me of a watered down LA.
NZ is a nice country and full of nice people but its not a good place imo for a young person to live. I only say this because wages are not exactly high at least compared to AU and its not a cheap place to live necessarily. Also you can get a mild form of island sickness but its more of just how few people live there.

If you're going to move to NZ, Bay of plenty, Marlborough and of course the Rotarua (if you don't mind the volcanic sulfur smells) are all beautiful places. The south is even better beauty wise but its even more desolate in terms of population. Christchurch is like a time warp out of the 1950's. But its colder and far wetter (think Seattle wet x10).
I would stay but there just so few opportunities for work and starting a new business.

Also west. We are in the worst of the country I fear.

Our census is being taken in March this year, everyone that reads this should select their ethnicity as some non-white ethnicity. We need to wake people up on the tide of a changing demographic. I fear that the amount of people that have come in (and then had children) since the last census will have significantly lowered our percentage in the statistics.

Ironically I'm in Ranui, the worst part of West Auckland.

That european showing at over 70% is bullshit (That includes anyone who has selected the ethnicity "NEW ZEALANDER" on their census form)

Try Mt Roskill or Mt Halalbert bro.

Can't afford to move.

That european showing at over 70% is bullshit (That includes anyone who has selected the ethnicity "NEW ZEALANDER" on their census form)

I'm not serious, I'm saying they are worse. Far worse. The refugee centre is nearby and this is where all the poor somalian refugees move to once they have been pumped out of the refugee centre and then they live on government bucks.

You get ahmed and his 6,000,000 wives collecting benefits under one household while we can't even afford to buy our houses back from the chink invaders buying them all up causing a massive increase in prices. Not to mention the mass migration inflating the demand for a place to live.

Since when was there a fucking refugee center?

And please tell me it's actual women and children.

It's in mangare, but they move them out west once they're moved out of the centre.