Someone posted some student fan animations of Berserk online. They're pretty crude, but for what they are...

Someone posted some student fan animations of Berserk online. They're pretty crude, but for what they are, they're not bad.

Can't wait for the animated adaption though. It's gonna be great to see the storylines past Golden-age properly animated with a nice budget and high quality animation!

Needs a lot of work though. They'll never pass for professional if they keep this up

;_;

>Those textures
>That fade

SAD!

At least we can take comfort in the fact that Miura would never allow his story to be adapted so poorly. This student project needs some work.

i honestly can't believe this is real

How the fuck can you put the credits over scenes like this, holy shit. This is the third time they pulled this, it's disgusting. It's like they really don't give a shit about this adaptation.

At least the music is good...

>berserk will never get a GitS: SAC quality adaptation

yeah more like GitS: Succ

Its not fair that guts is the only one suffering, YOU must suffer too

Ok why are there actual living breathing humans defending this trash

>Hey don't shit on this too much, yes it doesn't do berserk any justice at all but this is the best we are going to get

those people are the problem and they should off themselves.

I feel conflicted. I am glad that I decided to not watch this garbage adaptation, but I am also very sad I will never get to see how the series continues in animated form

What hurts the most is that this will be known for a good while as the "official" anime, since it's the only one that goes past the golden age.
Which means no Lost Children or Black Swordsman arc ever.
And it will also be a VERY long time before we see a new adaption, but judging by the quality of this one, that's probably for the best.

[CLANGING INTENSIFIES]

W H Y didnt atleast Polygon Pictures get the licence? they do propper 3D anime

Maybe someday user. If Miura ever decides to give the rights to a good studio and not the current hacks doing the QUALITY animation, there may be hope.

Maybe in 15 years if we get another adaptation, 3D anime will have made enough strides that even shoestring budgets and untalented fucks can make it look decent.

given that the 1990's one is objectively better than the 2016 version that is very unlikely, envy your optimism though

Well yeah, but it's better because this one is on a new medium on the cheap. As long as no one starts making anime on puppets or whatever to save even more money, 3D techniques should have substantially improved by then.

>As long as no one starts making anime on puppets
FUCK YOU

The new opening is cool at least i guess.

O-oh...

>The first moment that Serpico reveals his true nature and tries to stab Guts in the back for what he did to Farnese
>the credits and ending music are already playing over the confrontation

RWBY was also a small budget 3d animation and is still objectively better. For something like Berserk, there is not excuse to cut corners.

>inb4 the manga isn't that popular until now

Hellsing wasn't mainstream either and it's ova's were top teir. It may come down to an animation studio like madhouse being the better one but here is the thing. The shit-tier animation isn't the only problem

>If I don't have the budget and the skill to animate

>I would only be focused on the best parts in the manga because of time constraints and skip huge parts as a result.

>I am too afraid of breaking censorship laws so I can't adapt Berserk to it's full glory

So guess what.......

I JUST DON"T MAKE IT

Did they skip over lost children? That's completely unacceptable

>RWBY was also a small budget 3d animation and is still objectively better.
I saw some RBYY when it was new and it was pretty shit too.

Regardless, that's hardly my point. You can make 3D anime look great RIGHT NOW, but it requires budget, talent or both. In 15 years it may have evolved to the point where even the worst hacks can make something decent.

At least the Slan episode was somewhat decent

Early RWBY was pretty rough, but the style and movement at least had a consistency to it.

true, but unlike berserk RWBY's animation actually did improve later on whereas berserk's animation gets hilariously worse.

It's actually completely acceptable. The more they skip the less they defile

and not to mention that it was RT's own original work with Monty Oum, where as the anime for Berserk is based on the manga which had vastly superior artwork and the anime butchered various arcs in the story

actually you right

Remember when we thought the movies looked bad?

Looking back those movies had some nice choreography and decent visuals most of the time.

>each anime gets worse than the last.
At this rate we will have a Berserk sock puppets anime in 2025.

>>berserk will never get a GitS: SAC quality adaptation

Inconsistent animation but better overall? I don't know if anyone would want it at first.

The movies did look bad. The background characters that is. But it looked good where it mattered, aside from a certain extra chubbiness

compared with what we have now....

Rwby's characters emote more now.

Berserk's characters lost memory of how to do so somewhere along the way.

It's not, user. Didn't you read? This was a fan-made adaption of Berserk

AOTY of 2016 was a fucking puppet show.

Even puppet Berserk will probably be better than what have we now.

>even Tsukihime fans are afraid

What really makes me not want to watch this is all the camera movements, it hurts my head.

Was that the one Urobutchi worked on?

Yes.

Quads of truth.

Puppet Berserk could actually be really good.

Wait, is what you posted the fan animation or actually part of a Berserk episode?

>Guts: "Screw you guys, I'm-a goin' home"
>Exit stage left

What if they did CG that wasn't trying to imitate 2d?

Is there any real reason of going that cheap? I don't think a license like Berserk would be that risk for a bigger budget animation, even going full 2D as the first series.

At least Aku no Hana went rotoscopy for "artistic reasons".

This is just being lazy and cheap. Why?

That... actually looks pretty rad

Take a real, honest look at the anime industry. Look at what constitutes as "popular" season by season. Read about some of the supposedly biggest studios and how they're scraping by. Look at what Toei has been doing with some of it's biggest series.

It's honestly not even surprising.

>Is there any real reason of going that cheap?
Same reason Dragonball Super looked like a pile of vomit until the Tournament of Might, which currently looks like a pile of vomit arranged in such a way that it vaguely resembles Goku's face. That reason being the fact that huge franchises like Dragonball and Berserk shit money. If the next season of Berserk consisted of six 10 minute episodes consisting of nothing more than Guts' face and his VA screaming "GURIFISU" on constant loop, it would STILL be in at the very least the top half of that season's Blu-Ray sales.

More like it currently looks like a pile of vomit with a thicker black outline and color filters.

They might have continued in a film format if the trilogy performed better.

For profit.
Things with brand recognition and following can churn out low quality and people will still eat it up as long as they don't fuck it up too hard, see every licensed musou game in existence.

This looks like something I'd find inside a random picture gallery on ex.

Any sort of shitty 2D animation would have been multitudes better than this shit we've got.

Although it is free so meh : \

When is Muppet Berserk?

I've been watching every episode of this travesty since it began. The story is good enough to keep me watching but some things like the webm in the OP really are fucking awful.
I've never seen any Berserk aside from this. Does the manga start where this anime did?

Start from chapter 1, faggot.

Just start from chapter 1. Any animated and in this case "animated" form of Berserk has always left out many details.

I wonder why they didn't just go with a BD-tier release for Berserk if they can't afford a weekly schedule.

Anyway, it doesn't look like it's the only problem. Settings aren't fully prepared ahead of time, some characters don't have a full range of emotions (which the manga captures) probably due to not enough time in rigging the face or the fear of distorting the face to SFM levels, and so many other things to mention.

There are simply no excuses, really. Earlier Berserk movies had way better 3D than this.

I refuse to believe there's that many people willing to pay for this garbage. Hardcore fans should be disgusted by it and the rest casual enough not to buy, and they are probably disgusted as well to a lesser extent.

Yeah, will do.

>Wake up you old fool, You slept through the show

>Who's a fool? You watched it!

>risk
The lack of risk is why they dare to go full cheap. Established fans won't give a shit since they're already buying the manga. Now when it comes to newer fans, you might say it'll turn them off, but sad fact of the matter is, there's still plenty of people who were content with this shit. Also, even if you're a new fan, chances are you know Berserk is a thing that exists even if you've never read it. Berserk being CG is basically "anime being made to advertise source materials" to the most extreme end. There's no point putting in good money to make a really good adaptation when all it needs to do is remind people that Berserk is still a thing. Why bother throwing in huge amount of resources and talent to get a marginal amount of new fans into the manga when it you can throw shit at it and still get marginal increase in fans. And yes, marginal, because as said, Berserk is already famous. It's sort of like how even brands like Coca Cola still do ads - it's not to get new customers, but simply to maintain brand familiarity.

It's fun, corny, and the action scenes are very well done.
It's also interesting in the sense that it feels like someone took an anime and a toku, smashed them together, and filmed it like a kungfu movie.

There's a reason why Michael Bay is still one of the biggest guys in Hollywood despite being considered a laughing stock by the critics. His movies are incredibly well advertised (and I think a movie's "success" is determined by their sales on opening weekend). Advertisement is key. Monster franchises like Dragonball and Berserk effectively advertise themselves.

Is this the Enduring Destiny of anime?

You got it the other way around. It's called wuxia, a thing that has been around for a long time and influenced Japanese culture. It's not an exaggeration to say that toku and part of anime are the ones who took from wuxia.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Michael Bay is able to stay in the industry is because his films almost always do well in China.

>It's shit so let's complain over and over on an English image board its creators will never read
Yeah, that definitely will do something

Sadly there are people who defend it.

There are quite a lot of japanese mocking it as well. Also, why are you here, then? Your posts don't matter to japan either. This is a board for english speaking fans to interact with each other. Nobody said it's anything more than that. Don't see why brought the creators into this in the first place.

>Someone posted some student fan animations of Berserk online.
>Can't wait for the animated adaption though.
Made me kek, good job.

The Pirate Warrior games have a lot of love put into them though. There is so much variety in playstyles for the characters and the attention to detail is strong.

>koby
That faggot's a shounentard like kuchika, of course they have shit taste.

>literally one guy
Exceptions don't matter. It's still universally hated.

Wait, so they turn into little versions of themselves inside her head?

Go check out other communities. MAL etc. It's not one guy, or rather, his opinions are a lot more common than you think. Sure the old TV series is the one more favored, but it sure isn't universally hated. Hell, last I checked, it still rated higher than fucking Chaos Dragon on MAL.

This is far from universally hated, that distribution is mediocre at worst. In other words, even with the current stats, they still manage to over-rate this. You are severely over-estimating the average standards.

DAMN good anime

Fuck yeah, these puppets had no right to be as good as they were.

I fucking wish. The BDs/DVDs still managed to outsell a fair number of shows of its season.

What the fuck, HOW?

Give me a source.

>How
People who have no eye for animation quality.

If I were making a Berserk anime, I'd advertise the Golden Age as the primary beginning. However, I'd begin with a Black Swordsman adaption that is treated like a "preview" or some sort of OVA leading up to it, maybe even just a single TV special or something like that. Then the rest would be adapted in the manga order with maybe little aspects changed here or there to better fit a standard 20~ minute episode format.

I imagine their argument is something among the lines of "the animation doesn't matter as long as the story is good!". The problem is that there's a fucking manga, and good animation is literally the only reason an anime based on a manga or LN has to exist.

they only do SF. It's easier. The only animated objects are the characters and the monsters. The rest is completely still which fit CGI. The battle in Sidonia were fucking amazing

Every form of media has been turning to dogshit as the creators now pander to the masses. I go to sleep everyday, hoping I don't wake up. I am too much of a pussy to even inhale from the gas tank. Someone please just me out of my misery.

Yeah, but I still won't believe it until I see a source.

Look for it.

>Polygon Pictures
>good

>MAL

>7/10
>when MAL gives 8 to something they find shit