I had a Vietnamese roommate in college...

I had a Vietnamese roommate in college. One time someone mentioned apples and my roommate said he could rip them in half. We all called bullshit and so he did it to shut us up. It was pretty cool. But then he claimed that "All Vietnamese people can do it." That didn't sound right.

So now whenever I meet a new Vietnamese person, I ask (in as polite and not creepy and not racist a way as I can) if they can rip an apple in half, and I'll be damned if every person I've ever asked goes "Yeah, sure!" Also, most of them follow up with "...all Vietnamese people can rip apples in half."

Then I always ask if that's just how people in Vietnam eat apples, and they always say "No, we just eat them the normal way, but all Vietnamese people can rip them in half if they want to."

I truly don't know if I'm being trolled or not. If I ask the question and have an apple, I'll always give it to the person who claims they can do this, and they always can, so there's some truth to it... but I cannot figure out why, in my experience, almost all Vietnamese people claim that all Vietnamese people can rip apples in half. That's a weird thing to claim. How are they so sure about what every other Vietnamese person can do? Are they implying that Laotians and Thai people can't do this? Is it a special trick they teach only in Vietnam? I would never claim that "All Americans can juggle" or that "All white people can juggle"... See, I don't even know if they're suggesting it's a racial trait, or a cultural skill.

Or is it that Vietnamese people are just really proud of their culture, so they like to fib about the skills everyone else has? And then when tested with an apple, all Vietnamese people are just so confident that they're awesome enough to do it that they just brute-force the apple in half?

cont.

I would welcome any data anyone else can offer on this. My sample size is admittedly small, about 8 Vietnamese people, so this could just be a statistical fluke. But when 6 people, who have almost certainly never met each other before, independently claim that all Vietnamese people have fruit powers, it makes you wonder whether it might just be true.

bump

Its simple if enough of your race take a 556 to the chest you all get super human apple ripping strength. Everyone knows that user.

Dad is Vietnamese, can't do it. Though to be fair he was a city person.

it was the agent orange

has he tried? i think confidence is the key to tearing fruit

It’s not that hard to rip an apple in half.
It’s probably just a cultural thing, probably commonly done in Vietnam

Bullshit, give him an apple and shoot him in the chest with an AR, he can do it he's just bluffing.

Kek

I learned how to do this too. You just shove your thumb really hard in the top and then twist/pull

I'm not autistic enough to ask him to try, but his side of the family is always interesting when it comes to food. Sometimes they have the most random exotic fruit in their possessions and they can split those easily, not sure about apples. In short, Vietnamese people are just good with food.

bullshit my gf is viet and her dad eats apples like a normal person

Her left arm looks like a hairy dick

Has your mom ever been to Vietnam user?

This isn't even shitposting. Its just nonsense.

Its called lesbian fisting syndrome, you cis gender fucking pig.

Maybe it's just a meme/party-trick that is particularly common in Vietnam for whatever reason, or in the region of Vietnam where most Vietnamese people tend to live.

Shut the fuck up, Nigger.

Fuck you nigger

im partly veitnamese and i can do that.

I'm Huwhite and can rip an apple in half. I also spent a month travelling across Vietnam and never saw a single apple so this is somewhat troublesome. I do know those motherfuckers stick together so I'm thinking they have some state issued apple ripping training.. Probably mandatory night classes or something IDK.

I need to know more about this now

You worthless fucking halfbreed.

why tho

>imagine being this retarded

im not sure its just something i can do. i cant explain how or why because its an ancient Vietnamese secret

as far as why an apple, well westerners boast about tearing telphone books in half. Apples are the toughest thing they got to rip.....

im living in vietnam, i have seen it done but i never considererd it was something they learned at birth or at school

i will investigate and get back to you user

You didn't read the whole post, did you?

if you tell us I'll give you the antidote to agent orange

Found the one that can't rip an apple.

They do "bag of rice training" in Vietnam. I don't remember the specifics of it, something like picking up a coin at the bottom of a bag of rice, pulling it out and putting it back. It trains the hand muscles really well.

not /po/ related

This developed in the tunnels during the war. The apple was not native to their land except around some old French plantations. So when they got any supplies off ambushed GIs, they had to figure out how to eat them on their own.
Food storage in the tunnels was tight, so they learned to rip the apples in half so that they could stack them more efficiently.

really bad joke tbqh

I thought there was a cock coming out of the glass

This isn't politics. Fuck off and die. Everyone report. Sage grows in all fields. Mods move to /bant/

Race mixing lunatics.

I'm not vietcong so it doesn't surprise me desu

so much appreciation for you
if you could holy a town meeting and possibly collect data on minimum 10 viets that would be stellar

Very simple data point it doesn't seem you have collected. Can you rip an apple in half?

its identity politics

>shillbots in iverdrive mode
saged and reported for off topic.