So what exactly is the lesson of this episode? That eugenics >>> hard work and dedication?

So what exactly is the lesson of this episode? That eugenics >>> hard work and dedication?

That seems like a shitty lesson.

Yeah. But that's also correct.

Is not a must to have a lesson in every episode
if anything it shows how deku can sacrifice anything if it means saving somebody.

Not quite, Todoroki has been training most of his life, just only focusing on his ice side. Deku only really started training in any way like one year prior, and has even less time learning to use his quirk. The lesson would be something more along the lines of you can win so long as you accept who you are as a person, because Todoroki would not have won without using his fire side.

>eugenics

Eugenics is a result of hard work and dedication.

The lesson was, stop being such a fucking faggot and thinking you can half ass shit and still come out on top all the time.

>So what exactly is the lesson of this episode?
Make your power and abilities your own, not anybody else's

Also you can be healed from a bad place if you open your heart to friends as Todo becomes one of Deku's best buddies after this

Eugenics > Plot Armor

That it's worth throwing away victory to help someone in need. You have to be trying to miss that when Deku could have beaten him from the start had he gone full power.

/thread

>When that work finally pays off and you ejaculate flames in front of an entire stadium's audience

Todoroki won because of plot armor tough
Fucking cementoss

ACCEPT WHO YOU ARE.
BLOOD DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING.

Kek

The lesson is to stop thinking about what your dad with an inferiority complex wants and start thinking about what you want.

More like, eugenics >>> that one lucky idiot that success in life no matter what he does >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hard work

Don't be a retard and help your enemy get to full strength when you already crippled yourself fighting him at reduced power.

does he, I havent notice them interact much in the manga.
Only time they had a moment was going together against Stain

Luck isn't a real thing user.

And then lose the next match regardless.
Deku was doomed to fail from the start.

Deku is not even a half baked OfA user. That's also why he lost the rematch to bakucuck

You see him walking or eating lunch with Deku and Iida in some panels.
You also see him hang out with Dejunabd Iida in the canon LN.

>Bakugou is the strongest in the class
More like Plot armor >>>>>>>> anything else

It would've been retarded for the teachers not to get involved.

The lesson is that if you have One For All you should jump in your enemy's face and punch him instead of giving him inspirational speeches.

Don't be a dick. It's reality; calling it 'plot armor' is just excusemongering for weaklings and losers.

What's wrong with Dekus head

But Todoroki only won once he was ready to use all of his power and work hard towards winning. The whole point of Deku's lecture was that Todo was an asshole for trying to become #1 while only using half of his power. Meanwhile all of his classmates are fighting with everything they have to reach the top.

QUALITY

But he's not a fighter, he's a hero. Heroes saves people.

Bakugo is also a hero and he wouldn't do that.

>because you're the product of eugenics, you didn't work hard
>none of your accomplishments are your own, but instead the people who planned you
Isn't this the 100% exact opposite of the delivered message?
Todo did work hard. There was a fucking montage of his suffering. He got top marks in the class man. But Deku was snapping every fucking bone in his body just to win while Todo was throwing the fight being an edgy little piss baby just because daddy can also shoot fireballs.

Even from a logical standpoint of "I fucking hate my father", he could just use both of his abilities to become #1 hero, then write a tell-all book slamming his dad and quirk marriages.
They fucking have the hospital records on how he got that burn scar. The mom and all of his siblings could testify about the abuse. He could use the very position his dad forced him into to bury Endeavor's entire fucking career and reputation in the deepest shithole imaginable.

I think it was mostly just

>Everyone here is trying their best sacrificing even their own bodies
>Don't stand there and act like you want to be a hero, Someone that people look up to and rely on in their most desperate hour when you're half assing childishly. The power you consider "bad" could be the difference in someone living or dying

And that's why Bakugou will always be the number 2, that piece of shit.

Todo is a cutie

/truth

>does he, I havent notice them interact much in the manga.
They hang out at school and eat lunch together (along with Iida) following that incident practically most of the time we see them eating lunch, It was in a recent chapter even. I'm pretty sure Todoroki called him his friend once

>hard work
After a life of doing absolutely fuck all to achieve his "dream", Deku happened upon the best hero, his idol, and was given the greatest Quirk for working out for a fucking year.

Question for us progressives watching this show: how do you deal with Mineta's problematic antics?

Go gamble and find out.

>Ojiro gets a doujin
Boggles my mind

Putting aside that's not the point of the episode, Todo's been through hell training since he was 5 so if anything he's got both of those things

Keep right on thinking that, assbag.

Im so glad Shoto threw that fight.

Nah user, you don't understand what gambling is either.

cringing

Using hardwork on gambling is called "cheating"

All gambling has an element of luck. That is entirely why it's gambling.

>to bury Endeavor's entire fucking career and reputation in the deepest shithole imaginable
Would feel great letting thousands of people die because Endeavor isn't there to save them.

Nah, you do it after Endeavor's retired, just to trash his legacy.

Why does this anime have to be so extremely dumb
I really really REALLY try to make an effort and like this shit through every single episode I see but I legitimately can feel my IQ dropping while watching

He could be fine if they dialed it back a bit but Japs can never fucking be subtle when it comes to pervy shit.
He started out ok but then became progressively worse as less time can be afforded to all the classmates, so he just shows up to make gross jokes.
The problem with having so many characters is that juggling act, we have a lot of "faceless" goons like Sugarfag, Tapefag, Animalfag, and even Tentaclefag who literally defines himself as having "no worldly desires".

I mean it's getting to the point where I assume Sugarfag is going to drop out and start a bakery.

What you call luck is just ignorance. Not being able to foresee the outcome is stupidity basically, and you call this stupidity, luck.

> Implying Endeavor even does rescue work

He's noted for having the most solved cases, but aside from putting villains away his potential to save people is in question. Hell if the latest chapter of Illegals is anything to go by Endeavor is perfectly fine with fucking innocent people up for convenience and is dumb enough to try to use his powers against a living bomb. Endeavor is kind of a shit hero.

Kill him.

What shows do you like user?

So you keep watching something you dislike?

Shoji is best boy.

It's about Todoroki coming to realize that by denying his father he turned into such a resentful person that he end up ironically denying his mother.

Deku telling him "It's your power!" reminded him of a time when his mother basically said the same thing. Well that, and Izuku tearing his own party apart like Todoroki's domestically abused mother.

I suspect Deku reminded Todoroki of his mother for ANOTHER reason, given his mother's appearance, but for now take the accepted explanation.

The lesson is that saving people is more important than winning. Deku had a shot of winning the fight until Todoroki started using his full strength, but he realized that helping Todoroki to accept himself and become a better hero was the more heroic thing to do. This plays into his parallels with All Might; just as All Might inspired him to become a hero, Deku is inspiring others to become better heroes.

Leave Buddha-kun alone. It' not his fault he achieved enlightenment at a young age.

>let people get away with marital rape and abuse because their JOB involves saving people
already retarded
>20-30 years later, Endeavor will be rescuing thousands of people in his 70's
They can't all be Gran Torino.

Not being able to foresee the outcome is a lack of Yahweh-level omniscience.

Bakugou is so worthless Todoroki didn't even care anymore. Even Iida got more out of Todoroki than Bakugou did.

Bakugou is such a bitch he almost blew out his entire arm against Uraraka the vomit comet fatty patty ass so small she's got no gravity Ochoko.

Bakugou is so sad even mr.hands feels bad for him and he's a man baby autist.

>marital rape

Oh no, I'm not falling for this. You'll just greentext anything and try to be cute. Don't take it personally I legit wanna like it but it's abhorrent in every aspect I try to overlook

It's the most talked anime this year and I just want to be part of what everyone's talking about

Yes, user. Rape is still rape even if they are married

>All Might is Golden and Silver Age America
>Endeavor is IT AINT ME America

Have people actually forgotten that the reason Endeavor got away with it was because the entire world went insane when Quirks showed up and there was basically no morals and rampant corruption until All Might made everything All Right?

All Might is the symbol of peace in part because he brought back hope and justice.

Deku basically forfeited the match to help his classmate through some tough shit.

Side note: I always thought that this scene in the manga was Deku using his teeth to pop his thumb back into place, so he could make a fist. I didn't realize he was doing something way cooler.

Well, I would take you opinion serioulsy if you said what you dislike about this show, or at least gave us an insight of what kind of things you'd like it had.

The lesson was Endeavor did nothing wrong, and only whiteknights could possibly justify the mother's actions.

>implying their marriage didn't start to fall apart well after Shoto was born.

>Deku using his teeth to pop his thumb back into place, so he could make a fist.
That's what I thought it was too. Though I wouldn't say this is really any cooler.

The lesson is be your own person, how do you function being this retarded kid.

Considering everything in the series outside of the setting is literally just copypaste from Naruto, that sounds about right.
They just skipped the part where they pretended hard work is what matters, only to show that not to be true.

>shoto
>not hard working

>deku
>hard work and dedication

He literally got the strongest quirk because of plot reasons and is underutlizing it till this day.

You're exactly right. Like how the cool brooding rival character is stolen by the villains and is subsequently recruited to the dark side, becoming one of the main recurring antagonists.

Oh wait.

Give it time.
It'll happen.

But he has to train his body to a point he can contain OfA without exploding.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, here we can clearly see Bakugou absolutely furious with Deku over his fight.

Oh wait.

This was meant to be bait, I can't believe all I got was serious answers in agreement. What's happening to Sup Forums?

It's almost as if you're really stretching to find scenes that don't fit the Naruto mold.

Small details that still eventually lead to the same end result don't really matter.

>stretching
>>Small details that still eventually lead to the same end result
How about you read the manga

He was on Deku's Bakugou rescue crew.

Stop, he's only pretending. If he's not, then it further proves Narutofags are eternally buttmad that their series fell from grace so quickly with its overt edge, overeagerness to up the scale and stakes, and horrible world building.

Deku literally let him win so he could help him overcome his daddy issues. He literally hit him the gut, what, like twice? If he had put all his power into those smashus it would have be all over immediately.

THE LESSON WAS GIVE IT YOUR ALL YOU FAGGOT

Worth it. People like Endeavour don't deserve to be heroes.

>he thinks faggot smear attempts can beat money and power
oh you

>If he had put all his power into those smashus
They would disqualify him if he kills his opponent, if not halt the event altogether.

The lesson is that even if you're born with natural raw talent, you still can't win with only 50% of your strength. You have to embrace the good and bad sides of you, and push yourself to the limit to achieve your dreams, no matter how good you may naturally be.

There's also a lesson about being an individual, rather than the DNA meshing of your parents, and how even though you may look or act similar to your parents you're still one whole completely different person.

But what do I know OP? I'm probably just a faggot.

>That eugenics >>> hard work and dedication?
Yes. But you're not giving Todoroki enough credit. He's worked hard too.

>I'm probably just a faggot
that's right

>people don't think todoroki worked hard
>we're shown him being punched around with his mom at age 5 to start growing his quirk.

Let's be honest. If it was naruto 2.0 it would have been Todoroki as the main rival/childhood friend instead of Bakugo.

In reality BnHA is Spider-man and his amazing friends.

t.Couldn't make sports teams so it's obvious not my fault for giving up, just bred wrong.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work, but you're fucked when talent works hard. Simple fact of life.