Why aren't there any official works telling the complete story of this mysterious man? is it not the time yet?

Why aren't there any official works telling the complete story of this mysterious man? is it not the time yet?

Because mysterious backstories work best if never fully explained.

He's not supposed to have a proper backstory. He's a symbol of Shirou's failed ideal. Giving him a backstory would be counterproductive.

Shirou IS his backstory.

Do we really need to see a novel/show about a single guy with magic shooting terrorists in the head with a bow and arrow?

To be honest, I'd only want it to see how Ciel is really involved

Doesn't need it. Also that implies there's only one. I've heard a couple of close-enough but different explanations of his origins that I'd say loads of Shiros fucked up this hard. He's a category of bad end rather than a route.

There is only one Shirou that fucked up that hard, otherwise we would have infinite amount of EMIYA counter guardians.

None of the ones we know.

He used an sniper rifle.

>To be honest, I'd only want it to see how Ciel is really involved
Agreed

>There is only one Shirou that fucked up that hard, otherwise we would have infinite amount of EMIYA counter guardians.
Not a good argument, because the same could be said about every other person in the throne of heroes and you also don't know if there are not a billion EMIYAs.

> He used a sniper rifle

Sure about that?

That is when he was summoned as a counter guardian.

Because it's not really hard to piece together, and is only minorly different from what we've seen.
Miyu!Shirou is good enough if you ask me.

>Because it's not really hard to piece together, and is only minorly different from what we've seen.
Except for Sakura going nuts in a Fate-esque story where he doesn't want to save her as much as he wants to become a hero of justice, and Illya dying.

Because it wouldn't have lots of Servants in it, and that's all Nasu knows how to do now.

What went so wrong?

Money, the mobage industry, and stupid Japanese consumers who only like the series for gimmicks.

>Nasu knows how to do now
So you really believe he does not have an script and story already made about EMIYA since 10 years ago? you are so naive.

Sorry, change that to "knows how to publish, because it makes the most money".

Why would he make a script for something he wasn't going to produce? If it was never a viable game but just nice lore you make detailed notes, at best. Detailed notes are not a script.

>To be honest, I'd only want it to see how Ciel is really involved
She gave him his red shroud, didn't she?

Because we already know 95% of his backstory.
>SEIGI NO MIKATA
>Travels the world trying to save people
>Makes a contract with Gaia in order to save a group of people he otherwise wouldn't have been able to.
>Is eventually betrayed by somebody he saves and is falsely accused of starting shit
>Is hanged
>Becomes a Counter Guardian, thinks this means he gets to save more people.
>Really it just means he gets to kill them all.
>Becomes a cynical jaded bastard as a result of being trapped in a self-imposed eternal hell.

I want to see more Emiya brand suffering. I want Urobutcher to describe how broken this father and son duo by how they eat their burgers.

We don't even know his 5th grail war, the things you are mentioning are just clues, we don't kno what happened to Rin, Saber, Sakura, Illya, Kirei, why is he with ISIS refugees, mages asociation shit about dealing with a seigi no mikata on rampage around the world.

95% my ass dude

>We don't even know his 5th grail war

We don't know?

His 5th Grail War is literally Fate route "but he failed to save Saber's heart", so no basement under the church scene, a critical point for both their characters' development. It got Saber to give up the grail, accepting that regretting and rejecting her reign would mean stomping all over the efforts and memories of the people who helped her establish Camelot, because Shirou himself rejected the grail (which Kotomine offered him. He didn't know it was tainted) for similar reason.

Which explained why he's angry at himself, a proper Fate True End EMIYA wouldn't regret the decision even if he does accept the contract.

I Believe Archer can be the result of 10% Fate ending, 5 %UBW ending or the "Superhero" ending if I'm not wrong

I think is explained in Fate/Extra how he's going around the world until he gets betrayed. I would like for a sequel of UBW True, tho

This thread just makes me realize how badly Nasu fucked up. I'd pay to get more Fate content that expands the lore a bit more. Fate/GO tries to do that but in a very cheap way.

Its a Fate route where he only managed to save Illya and even then she passes away within a year because he has no idea how to fix her.

GO does expand the lore a lot, the problem is they have to constantly integrate historic figures/myths into it and refuse to do fully original characters anymore. I want self-contained, original stories rather than just aimless "lore expansion".

Also yes, gacha mobage are cheap as fuck. Having a handful of CGs and good OST doesn't change that. Quantity over quality to the max.

Also we don't even know how he interacted with EMIYA.

EMIYA is the only servant that can be summoned by Rin (he is not on time axis and already has a catalyst), so EMIYA Must remember some about EMIYA, or maybe something happened and he didn't get to see EMIYA.

Fate / Archer is so overhyped that it would never remotely live up to expectations.

People who bitch and moan about Grand Order need to neck themselves.

Your complaining is worse than the actual game at this point.

t. Sup Forums

>Sup Forums
>playing moonrune gachashit

People who pay for Grand Order need to neck themselves.
Nothing is worse than the actual "game". Fuck off to /vg/.

>None of the ones we know
Shirou lived through a war very similar to Fate's ending, decided he wanted to become a hero for real, and made a contract with the world. He then started acting like a hero so much and using so much magic that he burnt his circuits. Eventually he traveled to the Middle East to help out some villages. It was probably there that he was betrayed and was killed.

>There is only one Shirou that fucked up that hard,
Except Ishtar confirms fucking up hard is the ultimate realization of Shirou's ideals. That's why EMIYA Alter is the ultimate Shirou who made an actual difference but was fucked over.

>He then started acting like a hero so much and using so much magic that he burnt his circuits
This was retconned, now is the deal with Alaya that makes you brown. Happened to Kerry and Okita (Majin Saber is her CG self).

Nasu said was "like fate route but something was missing", and he couldn't get Saber to give up her wish. If you pay fucking attention in the VN; Archer knows the events of Fate route.

>is they have to constantly integrate historic figures/myths into it and refuse to do fully original characters anymore.
How is this a problem? It's more realistic to have actual historical characters than irrelevant and bland OC MCface Snowflake Sue in world building. I welcome Merlin replacing that useless fuck Zelretch.

Because it allows them to keep milking the Servant concept, which requires far less originality and thought than actually writing "OC MCface Snowflake Sue" that have satisfying character arcs and fit into the lore and the story's themes.

Shirou, Illya, Kotomine, Kiritsugu, Ryougi, etc are all "OC Donutsteels" by your definition, and they were what made me fall in love with Fate and TM. The Servants were nothing but an attractive premise that gave us some flashy fights, with Saber and Archer actually having their own proper arcs (directly tied to Shirou's, who is an actual proper main character). You might be OK with the entire cast being wikipedia pages turned into anime characters, and clearly a lot of Japanese GO shit eaters are, but I quite liked the secrecy of the Association, the Church, and vampires, who all had huge powerhouses that didn't necessarily show up in history books.

BRAVE
SHIIIIIIINE

Unoriginal =/= bad

It's not unusual for Type-Moon, user. Mahoutsukai no Yoru was written in the mid-90's, but not published until 2012. They probably have a script, but are just too comfortable at this point to put in the effort when FGO prints money.

OK? I don't think I ever claimed that in my post?

In my opinion a fresh idea that's also well written and fits into the main storyline will always be better than something that's relatively well written, but still feels somewhat uninspired. Especially when they're pumping out heroic spirits like a factory line for GO shit, and many of them come out with bland/stereotypical personalities, have little role in the story, or their design clashes heavily with the rest.

I just want something different for once. Quality above quantity, and Servants are being used in the opposite way.

>I don't think I ever claimed that in my post

>is they have to constantly integrate historic figures/myths into it and refuse to do fully original characters anymore
>How is this a problem?
>Because it allows them to keep milking the Servant concept, which requires far less originality and thought than actually writing ...

which servant or master lived the happiest life?

Fate Extra is his backstory pretty much.

That does not mean a character that isn't completely original is instantly BAD. It means the Servant "system" leads to a loss of creativity and an easy excuse for putting little effort into characters when milked too hard, as GO has shown.

Saber is a great character despite relying a lot on the King Arthur myth, precisely because they did their own take on her, and tied her development directly to Shirou (an original character).

Taiga or Shiki

>does not mean a character that isn't completely original is instantly bad
Then it is not a problem and you cannot claim it to be such.

Its literally just Fate route, Nasu already explained it.

I can and I have, that's a condition and not a constant.

> It means the Servant "system" leads to a loss of creativity and an easy excuse for putting little effort into characters when milked too hard, as GO has shown.

You are saying that those things are bad. If those things are innately bad, then there is a problem. If those things are not innately bad, then there is not a problem. You have just said that they are not innately bad. Therefore, there is not a problem.

Have it one way or another; don't try to bury your OPINIONS in rhetoric, terminology and false logics.

You have terrible reading comprehension. Servants as a concept are not bad. Their overuse IS inherently bad, as it leads to a noticable downgrade in quality and creativity. It's as simple as that, and it's amazing how you can't grasp it.

>as it leads to

>x =/= y
>y is bad
>y therefore x is bad
???

"Servants as a concept" is not "overuse of Servants".

FSN, Zero, and even FSF have an excellent use of Servants.
The likes of Apocrypha, GO, and Extella, where they're treated as the main attraction, is what's called overuse/milking, and the quality of the story and characters suffer to various degrees.

I don't think I can talk more if you failed to interpret my previous post that badly, you're likely doing it on purpose so you can feel better about yourself.