Why are most intelligent people atheist?

Why are most intelligent people atheist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lkWXpuBoujA
patcondell.net/feedback/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there is no difference.

Agnosticism is the only answer.

But China is filled with atheists and most Chinese are literally retarded.

Good, no promised land for you then.

Clearly Because were not stupid.

They stare into the collapsing west and think "no god would allow this" they completely ignore the fact that in the Bible, God essentially wiped out all life on the planet, but when they see starving Africans, they believe that no god would allow for suffering like that, god exists and he's cruel but for a reason.

Only you believe this.
SAGE AND HIDE!

Atheism is a great advertisement. It says 'Look at me I can do it no-handed!'

Because the literal interpretation of religion is so blatantly ludicrous and any other interpretation requires time and interest.

Sources?

The real secret is no one with an IQ over 80 actually believes their religion to be true, they just support the culture and coping mechanism effects so pretend it's real so their children grow up believing it and keep it alive for another generation.

>Why are most intelligent people atheist?

Because you have to have the strength of mind and self-awareness to resist the massive cultural pressure and think for yourself.

PS: Marxism is not this kind of freethinking atheism. It's another poisonous Abrahamic Utopianism, like Christianity and Islam.

thx for that btw

the funny part is that the big bang theory was proposed by a theist

Top quality post.

The bible is very much opposed to marxism, the reason the people in the book rebelled against god is they wanted to create their own destiny, real men dont like it when things are handed to them, they are of the image of god.
Men want to create order out of chaos, withhold them of that and they'll be in a constant state of puberty, a most terrible thing.
That's why you see low IQ people in advanced societies behaving like children, they have not the capacity to create order, so they'd rather destroy.

>gaytheists actually believe this story

youtube.com/watch?v=lkWXpuBoujA

> (OP)
>They stare into the collapsing west and think "no god would allow this" they completely ignore the fact that in the Bible, God essentially wiped out all life on the planet, but when they see starving Africans, they believe that no god would allow for suffering like that, god exists and he's cruel but for a reason.

This is entirely incorrect.

God quickly realized interference was only regressing the creation at every turn and decided to step back unless there was exigent circumstances.

Only one major step was needed in the end and that was to universally forgive us for our transgressions.

All else is pointless because it only leads to further jealousy and evil.

patcondell.net/feedback/

Because religious faith is based on circular logic and believing what you’ve been told to believe. Religious people believe in (((god))) because the (((bible))) says he’s real, and they believe what the (((bible))) says because the (((bible))) also says it was inspired by (((god))). The moment you start thinking logically you will at least become agnostic

also... no christian looks like neckbeard fedora atheists do

sorry to break it to you

Intelligence breeds off self awareness. Atheism thus, rejects the old thinking of theism and narrow-mindedness and allows them to see things different from their ancestors.

This is not to say that intelligent people are wise or beneficial to society, as most intelligent people become too self-aware they self destruct

here's the original

They aren’t?
Most people above average are atheists, true, but the people who blow Mensafaggots away are always religious.
I had a bio-physics teacher who was extremely religious and his tested IQ was 156.
Maybe I haven’t met a really intelligent atheist. But the people who are so intelligent they come across as eccentric, they are always religious, and it’s usually a form of Christianity or Christianity mixed with some eastern mysticism.

>Because religious faith is based on circular logic and believing what you’ve been told to believe. Religious people believe in (((god))) because the (((bible))) says he’s real

You'd be surprised of how many people believe in the stories not if they are real or not, but believe that the stories are real, how can the stories not be real theyre in the Bible you can read them.
It's a set of ideas that have been around for over 10.000 years in many variations and from many corners of the world,
The stories have power the stories will be around when most things we see now and know now, will be gone.
Religion has many layers.

After the Islamic Conquest of Persia, after being prosecuted and segregated, the only thing that kept the Persian language alive to this day was stories that parents told their children.

Stories are what keep humanity and culture alive. Religion is nothing but a bigger cult based on those cultures stories. No matter what we do to ourselves in this world and how much knowledge we destroy, for as long as humans are alive, there will still be stories to be heard.

Just a pity most of the stories are gone forever

Even Charles Darwin himself was a christian.
His actual theory of evolution was simply long periods of adaptation. Not humans = apes.

these 2 things are unrelated, saged
t.atheist

If I presented you with a jar of coins, and I said that I knew that there are an even number of coins. You would say "I don't believe you." However, you saying this does not mean that you believe that there are an odd number of coins in the jar.

The atheist position is this: "I do not believe that there is a god."

Agnostics like to claim that atheism is "I believe that there is no god." This is a strawman.

Agnosticism is a non-term as atheism is not its own position, but a rejection of the theistic position. Leaving no space for agnostics.

For that picture, replace the black on the atheist side for a question mark.

Atheism and theism are binary.
Agnosticism is Trinary: true false and impossible to determine.

As someone sort of once said-- agnosticism might be honest, but it's also cowardly. Like many I sometimes vascillate between them even as I intellectually know better.

One can only do good when they have the capacity to do evil, good is generally something that has an impact on the future, like say: You find a wallet with $500 inside, now you have the choice of right and wrong, spend it on temporary pleasure. Or bring it to the police, which implies your conscious is more important because you have to deal with it the rest of your life and the $500 will be gone tomorrow.
In most people's lifes doing good is a choice that does not happen everyday, one can follow rules his whole life without ever being good.
A good man has weapons has the ability to destroy but he chooses to keep them sheathed and is not a tyrant.

After a whole lot of brooding and a decent amount of study I came to the understanding that what makes the Abrahamic religions different is that they are not just stories. They are ethnic and political propaganda masquerading as History in tge Greek sense of the term. This is how they are different from other, organic belief systemsm why they are the way they are.

Abrahamic religions are something other than religion. They are a poisonous cocktail of different types of narratives.

Mythology is the required central pillar of any civilization that advances outside the tribal level, and the brain boyz are the ones who build it.

why is it cowardly to be a realist?
Objectivism is as brave as it gets.

because they are secretly retarded

God is eternal dumbfuck.
Also the big bang is a shit theory because an explosion doesn't create time or empty space.

Cause anyone that isn't delusional or retarded would, after reading a religious text with modern education, realize how fucking stupid it is.

Need to realize not everyone thinks or acts like you bud. Pretty conceited shit

see these bubbles? they are eternal and each one creates a universe when it pops.
You cant disprove this by the way because it was written by me and now you read it.

any similarities to the way bible works are purely coincidental

>Cause anyone that isn't delusional or retarded would, after reading a religious text with modern education, realize how fucking stupid it is.

It was true or at least people believed in it, but when w know that anything that is now true will most likely be disproven in part or as a whole in the future.
Now the things we experience as humanity feel true and are true, but the science is always something that is subject to change.
So things we experience now and then are true, even though the science may or may not be true, do we have to erase peoples experiences and knowledge because the science was not correct in the period they live?
Was religion even made to be true or is it all just a metaphore, how could god know what humans at any point in time see as true when it changes ever so often, he does not want to interfere too much so he sure as hell will not tell us all there is to know now and in the future.