Why do so many failed normies listen to this guy?

Why do so many failed normies listen to this guy?

Most of his message is just parroting Jung and Orwell and telling people to clean their room. His book was number one on amazon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RhdEbOzcN1U
youtu.be/SWXtTNPngtY
youtu.be/5ER1LOarlgg?t=36
youtube.com/watch?v=ylI0uBIsq4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zLcMGCedA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

List the number of things you have done to help white people. Oh you just spend all day posting contrarian shit?

No shit.

If you're a low level individual, he brings you up to mid level. I'd say he's done more help then most people have. Let the man continue his work

Shut the fuck up you uncultured american swine, I won't tolerate anyone talking shit about my man Kermit

He opens your mind to discussion and view points that most millennials don't have access to.
Everything today is just twerking, dabbing, and protesting.

People keep making the mistake of assuming he is holding himself out to be some sort of philosopher attempting to save western civilisation. He's not. He's a clinical psychologist and professor of psychology whose primary task is to help people. Clearly his books are doing that, so why are you criticising it?

The whole 'clean your room' thing is a reductive meme. His actual message is that people that seek to alter the world through collectivist ideology, violence and protests, are failures. Most of them have not managed to get their own lives in order before heading out into the world and trying to change it. His point is that, what gives you the right to try and change things if you can't even clean up your piss bottles? It's a simple message of self-improvement that ties into his wider themes.

Which is fucking weird since Orwell was a radical Leftist and fought with the anarchists in Spain

>Why do so many failed normies listen to this guy?
they don't. they only watch 2 minute clips of him. that's why there's never ANY discussion about his ideas in these threads. most anons that like him just blindly follow without any critical thought. any anons that do understand his maps of meaning and other lectures know he's a brainlet so they don't bother posting in the threads.

You're really scared, huh, leftypol. It's going to be a joy to watch you experience the backlash in my lifetime.

Peterson is /ourguy/. He's a powerful ally with millions of viewers. His stance on social issues are spot on regardless of whether you're a fascist or a social conservative. If nothing else, he is reviving the European soul in the West by encouraging manlinesses to clash with progressivism. He is the leader of a powerful social conservative movement and is our ally whether we realize it or not. I welcome him with open arms.

OP probably hates degeneracy while in the same breath curses Peterson because people read. There's no point in reasoning with retards

From what I've seen the obsession with him is solely by people like you, who for some reason are upset that people think he has interesting things to say.

It's exactly the same as any other podcaster, I sporadically listen to him, joe rogan, scott adams, Bryan callen, jocko willink, ben shapiro, etc because I find them interesting, entertaining, and because I agree with about half of what they say. The other half I disagree with is also good to hear, because dissenting opinions are important. I dont understand all the sperging out by people like you, it's no different than liking certain movies or shows, people have different tastes. That being said I truly dont understand the mildly conservative blond chicks being pushed like crazy.

What are you envious or something?

>contrarian shilling

youtube.com/watch?v=RhdEbOzcN1U

I like to listen to Joe Rogan too. He really makes me think.

I like his train of thought. It's grounded in practicality

One thing far-right people don't understand is that you need a gateway/stepping stone
Look back at your own redpill journey and you'll understand that, it's a slow process
For me it started with basic bitch anti-SJW shit
Peterson is a great start, he's also a closeted race-realist although he uses terms like "underprivileged" kids when discussing IQ differences instead of black
He is legitimizing IQ as a measurement of intelligence and that's exactly where we need to begin

Stay mad. Even the New York Times is admitting, "Jordan Peterson is the most influential public intellectual in the Western world right now..."

His book just knocked that Fire and Fury pablum from the top spot. He only gets bigger from here on out.

He's smart and he knows shit. Where's the harm?

failed normiesdon't listen to Jordan Peterson, they listen to Ben Schapiro and Milo and Richard Spencer. Jordan Peterson is for the intellectuals, he has extremely good view points and is super articulate and a true inspiration

This, he has a pretty unique perspective to things, at least when it comes to mainstream opinion influences. There aren't any others like him in the limelight right now, so naturally he garnered a healthy following.

Doesn't he claim criticism is a good thing and how you should grow from it? Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of what he says, but then I also think he has hypocrite tendencies like all of us. Further it seems like he fails to live up to his own standards of morality, which is unfortunate because he judges other people out of habit. Like not living up to his arbritary rules of journalism despite not being journalists and them kicking them off a panel because of that. What then happens is it causing some kind of allergic reaction within those who been through that self-improvement woo for example. You're free to believe in it I guess but please consider there's a lot of half-truths going around and life is more complicated than keeping your back straight.

I agree with the model tier blondes shilling is getting out of hand. We should aim closer to this

youtu.be/SWXtTNPngtY

She is well spoken and logical. Even her hand writing is like a man's. She is also educated and is currently a grad student.

Her look is key though. She is not a model and dresses plainly. To the typical guy she doesn't immediately look threatening by her attractiveness. Like she has enough vulnerability to approach. But at the same time she isn't ugly.

She has that actual neighborhood girl charm. It's worth looking into and I'm not sure how many others like her are out there.

He thinks it's sad too.

youtu.be/5ER1LOarlgg?t=36

What used to be common sense isn't anymore due to Marxists. I'm glad that he's deprogramming the youth by teaching them to be responsible.

> Peterson gets growing msm coverage
> Normies agree with him and not the media
> Previously popular professor online suddenly get's attacked by these kinds of threads daily

I wonder who's behind this thread...?

What panel are you referring too? I haven't seen this brought up before

>tfw too smart to learn anything from a phd
>tfw too superior to listen to any intellectual
>tfw people think im really smart for shitting on him

watch this and think about his answer, do you think he's not aware of the severity of the (((problem)))
youtube.com/watch?v=ylI0uBIsq4Y

It's not the jews. Look at Daily Stormer's Jordan posts, it's the exact same style of bait threads.

Orwell turned against the left after witnessing the underhanded actions of the Stalinists.

OP didn't have a father and this is his single moms side speaking out against a father figure like beterson.

He is a literal who that jumped out of no where.

>Jordan Peterson is for the intellectuals
No he isn't. Most of what Petereson does is just to regurgitate some of the western canon, repackaging whatever folks like Nietzsche or whoever have said. The intellectuals prolly can read Nietzsche themselves, maybe with commentaries or alongside secondary literature. Don't mean to shit on Peterson but he basically exposes students to entry level stuff.

He's not our ally. He's fighting his own battles against our enemies.

>life is more complicated than keeping your back straight

A house is a lot more complicated than it's foundation, but without that, you can't have a house for very long at all. Men have been told to find to find the fucking muddiest sheer slope they can where it rains all the time, and when the bricks get washed away yet again, it is their fault and they shouldn't dare try something else because that would make them a menace to society.

Yep. Exactly.

If you ever read Campbell or Jung he's basically the gatekeeper or the herald to adventure for millenials and Gen Z in the Western World. Pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=a8zLcMGCedA

It's pretty stupid when a free speech guy disinvites someone for having controversial opinions. Or associating with controversial people.

But for a guy who speaks so much about the importance of speaking the truth and of doing what's right and not what's expedient to pussy out about this is just disgusting. I still like a lot of what he says, but everyone listening needs to understand that is he, to a degree, a hypocrite.

He puts it in a proper framework and background. There is nothing more obnoxious and outright dangerous than some young intellectual misinterpreting Nietzsche. But then most of this is undergrad shit and it only goes to show that most people aren't college material.

A half truth is much worse than a whole lie because it makes it even harder to tell the difference between the two.

>These points have already been made, so don't bother repeating them!
>Now just sit back and be quiet while I repeat the same lie six million times a day.

His code name is sandman.

>our
>our

m8...

Name me one successful political pundit/speaker that has memed about the JQ incessantly?

Jordan stuck with her until she made herself a liability - why should everyone sacrifice themselves for one dumb attention whore's mistake?

You disagree that men have been instructed, then cordoned with social pressure into living their lives in ways which are inherently going to serve neither themselves, nor anyone else?

fpbp

>it's not the Jews
>it's the Daily Stormer
It's clearly pronounced "p-o-t-a-t-o", user.

lots of hypocrisy surrounding Beterson, I agree. but truth fears no investigation, and "I cant" (talk about JQ) says a lot about what he really believes. he'll live to fight another day, but the question is still left unanswered.
he's been known in canada for many years, he used to talk about the dangers of anti-depressants before challenging the genderbending garbage.

>Peterson keeps arguing how individual is the ultimate minority, and the post modernist idea of grouping people to "white straighy male" etc. "Oppressor" classes is retarded.
>Somhow it's hypocritical that he also thinks attributing that to jews is retarded.

He's one of the most cited professors of psychology of the past 30 years.

>He is the leader of a powerful social conservative movement

I haven't seen him say a single thing in support of social conservativism.

Then make a thread about that. If you want to shit on something popular for replies take you're pathetic ass back to Sup Forums.

I'm not sure if I understand what it means. I'm saying he expects others to ask hard questions to legitimate themselves in his eyes but then refuses to answer hard questions himself.

Because principles. I'm not saying he can't be useful but he's the one who advocates free speech and so on, but then he caves into social pressure himself apparently. How are you supposed to trust him other sketchy issues that might involve large amounts of money or prestige? Feels to me like you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

yeah this

"clean your room" is also representative of all the things you know you have to do, or that you should do, but you put off because it takes effort, mental or physical

it could be that coursework you're ignoring, or your exercise routine, or the job search, whatever

point is, you're here wasting time when you should be sorting yourself out

>I haven't seen him say a single thing in support of social conservativism.
You dont seem to have any idea what social conservatism is then

How does that help me solve socio-economic problems outside of my control?

Its not that all the ideas that he spouts are his own, they're all old ideas that we know but don't realize we know. He then connects them all together and to modern psychology with knowledge of the brain and evolutionary history. And then he actually cares about what he does talking to people Yeah I remember he acknowledges the inherent differences, especially when talking to Molyneux about it from what I remember regarding race and IQ. Its just a matter of "we have no idea how the fuck to fix this in a civilization where its increasingly expected to take more complex tasks to have a job." The current debate mostly argues that race isn't real, along with those genetic differences. They want the debate to switch to "okay, here's the differences, how do we accomodate for that then, realistically?"

He also recently got exposed to the book "200 years together" and said he'd read it since he hadn't yet (and its not surprising considering there is not official english translation).

Subtlety is the shills greatest enemy. Saged.
They are afraid of this man.
This thread pushed me to buy his book.

>You dont seem to have any idea what social conservatism is then

I've seen him critique post-modernism, and advocate self help. That's it. His position on pronouns is one based on freedom, not anything against trannies.

How does tending my crops help me solve drought problems outside of my control?

>He's one of the most cited professors of psychology of the past 30 years.
you just pulled that out of your ass. he's not even in the top 100. stop being such a gullible fanboi.

Just seen leftie academic pages I follow on Kikebook raging out about Peterson.

socio-economic problems are massive in scale

the way to solve massive scale problems is to be organised on a massive scale

how can you be organised on a massive scale if you can't be organised on a micro scale?

why is your room a mess?

His critique of post-modernism also reveals that he values the "traditional" western civilization quite a lot, and that post-modernism is a threat to that. He believes in the idea that the ultimate minority is the individual(idea in which the US constitution for example is based on)

I think "clean up you room" and all stuff is just psycho babble that might as well could mean anything from ethnic cleansings to treat as you want to be treated, or to hold cultural influencers to a higher standard. Again, doesn't mean what he says doesn't have merit but I think he's being vague and the sorting out part is mostly just projection, saying what you're getting out of it is what you put in by yourself. Like sitting in some psycho office and the guy keeps using the socratic method on you, or rephrases what you said.

Is it poetic justice that JP's book surpassed the most hyped left wing book of all time?

The correct answer following peterson logic is do nothing because it is too big.

Doesn't he have postmodern attitude towards religion?

Weeks after it was released, retard.

on what basis do you say that?

He acts as if god exists, acxording to his own words. He understands what is behind Nietzsches "god is dead" phrase and the dangers of abandoning religion.

>Doesn't he have postmodern attitude towards religion?

You could classify it as that, but it comes from Jung. Jungians believed that religion could hold value even if it was not literally true.

>His critique of post-modernism also reveals that he values the "traditional" western civilization quite a lot, and that post-modernism is a threat to that. He believes in the idea that the ultimate minority is the individual(idea in which the US constitution for example is based on)

...and? Thsi is pretty uncontroversial stuff. If he didn't specifically state any criticism of post-modernism specifically no one would really disagree with him. And none of this has anything to do with gays, abortion, or anything else.

>2 posts by this ID

Sage this slide shit

>And none of this has anything to do with gays, abortion, or anything else.
As I said, you dont seem to understand social conservatism

Well the dude built an entire fanbase army off getting people questioning the liberal progressive brainwashing.
>failed normies
there is a reason that guy got booed for asking Peterson the JQ. Most of his fanbase isn't Sup Forums, but rightwingers and conservatives.

But I know, yes, we should all go to his events, and start screaming about jews. Because people who are just finally in the process of 'waking up' totally need that. It will definitely help.

Fuck, let's just become the left wing? Let's just go to things we like with Nazi flags in order to derail it, exactly what they have been known to do.

His fans are busy questioning liberal brainwashing they've been fed their entire lives, but we should go interrupt them and start screaming about the jews. IT'S BEEN KNOWN TO WORK!

>this board is so utterly fucking subverted it isn't even funny

Ok dude this is the 124043rd thread about this. We get it.
I'm not of a fan of him myself, but give it a fucking break ffs

This.

JP is the Jared Diamond of this year. Shit tier books elevated by stupid white Bois.

It's not about the jews, at least not for me. "The jews" is more of a metaphore for cultural taboos and questions that hurt. If he really honestly believe there's nothing to the actual jewish question why be afraid to talk about it? He's the one saying one should always tell the truth.

>Peterson is basically the gatekeeper or the herald to adventure for millenials and Gen Z

I never thought of him from that perspective. That's pretty right on.

fpbp

>reddit spacing
I have just derailed your entire argument with a meme me and my comrades have pushed.
I know it's a way to have a higher chance of getting your post read, since that's basically the reason it's used so much on reddit, upvotes. But I have now won.

MAGA LETS GO PUT POSTERS UP SAYING 'GAS THE JEWS' OUR MOVEMENT WILL START TO GROW! LETS GO MAGAPEDES.

I totally promise I didn't push 'the magapede' thing too. You guys would totally start calling yourselves that. MAGAGASBROTHERS!

GTFO SHILL

It's funny how similar threads and themes come in waves on this board. Last night no one was talking about JP, this morning he's all over the place - mostly getting slammed.

Huh, if I didn't know better I might think there was a group of posters following directions from somewhere. But why would anyone do that on a Persian rug-weaving board?

I listened to this video and didn't hear a fucking thing.

I watched that interview with the little brown dude, and out of context all of those spliced together are hilarious.

shills are simply just trying to get the newfriend class to start going in public, revealing their power level, and discredit anyone who isn't a far left liberal by screaming about the jews at them. Painting the rightwing as nazi's, thus empowering the left.

>why be afraid to talk about it?
he talks about it all the time, except he attributes the backlash they've received, at least in weimar, to anti-semitism. the reason he reacts the way he does in op's vid, is because he frequently cites solzhenitsyn as an authority, and '200 years' would contradict peterson's thesis on jews. this is not at all unusual for peterson, he frequently contradicts himself. luckily for him, the people that follow him have little ability to think critically, so his gaffs go unnoticed.

Lecturing is nothing more than repackaging and regurgitating. The lecturer becomes a physical placeholder for the source material that the audience can interact with. Do you honestly think that there are new things to discover relating to the human nature and motivation? Or, is it that you think it's not valuable to society for young people to interact with someone who has a depth of knowledge on the subject?

>Do you honestly think that there are new things to discover relating to the human nature and motivation?
Every day. Willpower was debunked and fMRI studies are both confirming and disproving previously held assumptions about just about everything.

>willpower debunked
gonna need more on this bud

Well if you spent 2 fucking minutes on this board, you'd realize that people who ''slip up'' get politically lynched by the media. ALL media, suspiciously at the same time. Seriously we talk about it a lot.

We also started making memes about it, such as 'hiding your powerlevel'

If you're not a shill, I don't even care if you're white kill yourself for coming to this board, ruining it with your stupidity, and hurting everything some of us try and do here.

Because he wan labeled as a tranny hate when in reality hes got a thing for them. Pic related

He's basically like the equivalent of a movie reviewer to philosophy.

tl;dr it's a limited resource highly affected by stress, hunger, tiredness, et cetera and post hypnotic suggestion has better results than forcing yourself to do something or trying not to eat a tub of ice cream after a long day. Will power is essentially attention and human attention is hot garbage unless you do yoga 2 hours a day. Even then all you really see is how shitty attention is and are aware of when and why it fails.

The part on hypnotic suggestion is interesting, as instead of trying not to do something, you just have the unconscious belief that you don't want to do it and it works better most of the time.

>The lecturer becomes a physical placeholder for the source material
this is true if the material has historical significance and the material is explained in this context. peterson's lectures on jung and archetypes don't meet this standard. he is teaching early 20th century pseudoscience in a scientific context.

I asked him after his speech at western university last year that if there was already a gender neutral word in our landguage if we would all still be there. He want on a tirade i barely understood at the time about cultural marxism and how it was inddoctrinated into our schools. I can't find the video ANYWHERE but i was the first to ask a question after his speech, which i guess is when the cameras stopped rolling.

Sure but then don't act like you're captain free speech. I don't even agree that "the jews" are behind everything, I'm just talking about principles. If you are afraid to simply state your opinion because of a media backlash you're a coward, especially if your opinion isn't even that controversial as it seems with Peterson.