What is the difference between a soyboy/bugman and a regular nerd Sup Forums?

What is the difference between a soyboy/bugman and a regular nerd Sup Forums?

§oyboi
>Cuck, mouthbreather, manchild and feminism
nerd
>weaponized autism

Soyboy and Bugman are pretty much the same:

A bugman is your typical big left leaning city dweller. He is usually obsessed with consumerism, lining up to purchase the newest iPhone or MacBook when it comes out, and using a smartwatch/smart home speaker for longer than the week after he bought it. Chances are he owns other throwaway smart gadgets as well. All his tastes in movies, music, expensive food, art, and more are determined by what review sites and blogs say.

A homosexual who has contracted HIV.

Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido.

The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as "Nazis".

Soyboys aren't nerds. Nerds are typically highly intelligent yet socially lacking people who seek entertainment in the form of more complex matters.

Why are they called bugmen? Because they're insects?

Regular nerds know they're not going to get laid and don't even bother trying to appeal to women

One is productive, the other is not.

I like Nintendo and I own a switch. I don’t consume soy. I don’t have a numale beard. I don’t make soy face with my mouth wide open in photos (I don’t even like being in photos). I want to exterminate every single jew on this planet. I want to live in a white ethno state with a NatSoc-based socio-economic political ideology. I like Super Mario. Feel free to call me a soy boy I’d it makes you feel better. I’m not.

The term nerd has been co-opted by the emotionally insecure.

In the 80s and 90s, it was seen as a flaw. Now it's seen as a sign of intelligence, so everyone who used to beat the crap out of nerds wants to be one.

The regular nerd might have the dignity to lurk for a full three days before posting

This, it's the so(n)yboys that are the real problem with gaming.

>t. dairy dude

Nah. Its the PC Guys which are a real problem

One is universally effeminate and always a betamale. The other can be both of those things but not necessarily. Nerds would generally fit in the autism spectrum somewhere as a basic rule, but soyboys wouldn't neccesarily. There's some field of overlap as soyboys don't grow up and therefore have childish hobbies that a nerd would have.

Something like that.

A game that got its dicked sucked and overhyped by Sony is what really started this meme, remember that.

This. Nothing wrong with the switch and its a shame these insufferable bugmen are tarnishing it with their faggotry. I bought one for my kids for xmas and the zelda game for it is really good. Iv been playing it at night when everyone else is in bed. Proper enjoyed it desu lads

Nerds = max intelligence, min charm, varrying strength and endurance

Soy boy = average or less intelligence, min charm, min strength and endurance

fpbp

Most nerds do not like attention and want to be left alone with their stuff. If they do want to be around others, they want to be around their own kind.

You can punch one person in that pic in the face - but only ONE. Who do you choose?

not the guy directly in the front, but the guy right behind and to the left of him

Bugman/soyboy
>manchild
>cuck
>liberal
>has no self reflection and self-esteem, yet still tries to have a wide social circle
>eats trash soy food and chocolate
>buys trendy clothes that look ridiculous/don't fit him
>neckbeard
>soyboobs, is skinnyfat
Nerd
>introverted
>is a total pro in some relatively obscure hobby
>smart, but autistic
>typically doesn't care about his looks, clothes = normal
>shaves
>might have extra weight

About 100lbs

Nerds are passionate obsessives. They're all about information and retaining said information. They're into the hard sciences, technology, mathematics, physics, and so on. They're not anti-social, but they are awkward and walk to the beat of their own drum with little regard for societal norms and highly intelligent.

Geeks are people who are obsessed with childish things like video games, cartoons, and comic books. They're not intelligent and have no mental focus. They tend to be outgoing with other geeks and try to fit in with "normal" people which always fail miserably which makes them bitter, angry assholes. They also march to the beat of their own with little regard for societal norms, but not because they're intelligent enough to do their own way, but because they're immature and have no regard for other people.

Soyboys and bugmen are a combination of nerds and geeks: They have the hobbies of geeks, little regard for societal norms like nerds, and have the same lack of intelligence as geeks.

This, but there are bearded nerds and shaved soyboys.

You can punch one person in that pic in the face - but only ONE. Who do you choose?

A nerd can be alpha as fuck and will always have impressive knowledge in something

>tfw geek by ur definition

>bugman is a reddit meme and you should go back.

>I like Nintendo and I own a switch

The Neo Geo Pocket doesn't deserve to be associated with faggots like this :-(

Front and center. He's the main face of the company and a completely shameless "yes man".
Think Elton John getting fucked by alien life forms while whistling Camptown Races is a cool feature? He'll confirm that it's in the game for you.

Soyboys aren't smart, they just like what they're told to like. Very basic bitch tastes, DC comics, Rick and Morty, Nintendo, etc.
Nerds are smart and are very hard to Jew. We like what we like.

a nerd is someone who actually has a deep interest in learning how something works and tuning it to their own life
a bugman takes pop culture "geek culture" and uses it as a facade to mask their lack of personality

Most people don't know the difference. Remember that series Beauty and the Geek? Some of the "geeks" were into science, engineering, and mathematics and some were into video games and comic books. One of the "beauties" was trying to study for her science challenge and asked why her geek couldn't help her and said "You're a geek, you're supposed to be smart!"

Yeah, he is "smart" in that he can tell you how to find a secret treasure in Zelda or whatever, but he knows nothing about anything that actually matters.

What the fuck...

Who tf even says "geek" anymore?

>doesn't care about his looks
>shaves

>?
Soy/bugs are the newest evolution of nerds. It's what happens when you let them think they're cool. Is bullying even allowed in school anymore?

People.

I've heard "dork" 100x more often

Geek = buying Apple products or other useless tech-gizmos, owns a console and gets way over hyped for Star Wars/Dr. Who etc. and posts it all over Twatter and Faceberg

Sean Murray for being a lying bastard

t. a fuckin nerd

A nerd is someone who is very knowledgeable in subjects such as science, history, technology.
A soyboy is brainwashed tool used to (attempt) bring about a communist revolution

I don't think a soyboy could play capture the flag like we do.

Are video games in general a soyboy thing? Or is it just nintendo. I have an xbox and I sometimes wonder if I should throw it out or not.

slash yarn?

No, faggot soyboys are just normies that adopted our ways. Video games are very "in" right now and faggot soyboys love to be trendy.
There's literally nothing wrong with video games, as long as you play what you actually like and not just what's trending among cucks.

That is a thread.

Botw is fucking incredible.
I dare say the best Zelda of all time.

Soyboys are fags who play console games and watch Rick & Morty.

Nerds are the guys writing structural geology reports in the computer lab at 2am.

t. nerd

Drones Sven

Isn't BotW the one where you never actually get anything new? The rewards are just more "ammo" for each of the things you already have? You can go right for Gannon and end it?

i was at a wedding after party, the groom's friends were all geeks or nerds or whatever. But it was interesting. Many of them all had had super hot girlfriends. And while we were outside drinking and talking they all piled into a room excited to play Super Smash Brothers and talking about frames for certain characters

>All these soyboys calling themselves nerds
These faggots weren't born in an era where being a nerd is a stigma, and you'll always be looked down upon. But then again, I wasn't a nerd.

yea these are transhumanists who love elon and tyson and science and gadgetry. I think real nerds see it more as a dystopia. in other words, the soy bug geeks watch some cyberpunk movie and think its superificially cool despite it being about a dystopia, and the nerd sees it for what it is, and understands the problems tech will bring in the future and isn't materialist and narcissistic to care about the little goodies that the geeks get excited over, like self-driving cars where they can play a nintendo switch while driving and post about it. Nerds probably feel more like trapped in a horrible inevitable tech future rather than exalting it

>starting a sentence with but

Did you fail english?

Those just sound like normal people who like video games, not geeks nor nerds.

Nerd is into something because they enjoy it. The soiboi fuck is into it because it’s the popular thing currently and always with some agenda

Nerds like to study, read, learn, and practice advanced subjects. Being a nerd has nothing to do with liking popular culture or playing video games.

lower caste whites with the yuppie consumption mentality
can't afford status commodities so they settle for kitschy quirky epic nerd gadgets and related wastes of plastic
earns them a modest amount of social capital for minimal effort, depending on how discombobulated / 56'd their genes are

they are not leftists or marxists
they live to consume
the intersectional basket weaving and related identitarian shit is popular among them because it is the mainstream milquetoast political stance at this point and they probably stopped reading cliffnotes by middle school

I think its the same.

Nothing, most of Sup Forums are the low T consumerists they make fun of leftists for being.

Nerds can be productive doctors, engineers and other STEM types.

Soyboys are just fucking faggots that are not worth anything at all.

Why don't these faggots close their mouths when they take a picture

If you think wirecutter and sweethome have solid recommendations, you might be Soybug.

soyboy and bugman aren't necessarily the same thing, although there's tons of overlap.

Soyboy = effeminate low-testosterone faggot
Bugman = deracinated atomized individual who's a cultural-less soulless cog in the machine whose only purpose in life is to be a consumerist whore.

Starting a sentence w/ “but” is perfectly fine, you autist.
t. English teacher

Don't make fun of nerds, they'll probably be your boss one day, if not already.

Owning and playing vidya is inherently beta unless you're younger than 18.
For this user, it's acceptable because he has kids.

Think of it like playing on a public playground. It's very weird to see anyone older than 10 go down slides, climb the walls, and swing the swings. However, once you have children, you can accompany them so as to bond with them and make sure they're okay. Don't give me that "but it's fun" shit, just because it's fun doesn't mean that fully grown adults can do it.

Please cease butchering the english language by starting sentences with conjunctions. Would you start a sentence with 'And'?.

>, 2884x3176)
why is brad jones there?

Nerd is an n-word. Ooooooh! Give all your belongings to blackie. Run to the hills. Give your land to chief blackness. The humanity!

unironically this

Soy boys are the leftist perversion of geek/nerd culture, they’re just normies with a testosterone deficiency and predisposition to lap up anything their overlord (((game journalist))), the (((msm))) and (((politicians))) tell them. These are the fags that actually enable 3rd wave feminist cunts and like the Big Bang theory nerd jokes.

>stop butchering english language
>'And'?.

A nerd is someone with an active interest in a certain media/ subculture yet maintains his own organic personality separate from his interest. A soyboy/ bugman is a soulless husk who's sense of identity and personality is based completely off this interest.

>not posting the "No Boy's Soy" edit

I consider myself a nerd and I'd say the difference is that the soyboy is someone that has abandoned all claims to aspirations to becoming a responsible grown-up and a real man.

First, the soyboy:

>he does not groom himself
For that is seen as "pretentious" and beneath him.

>he embraces childish habbits
For he thinks that is a virtue in and unto itself.

>he think conservatism is stupid
For, in college, he learned what to think and not how to think.

>he exaggerates his emotions
For he thinks showing real emotions will make him seem silly and awkward, both of which he is.

A nerd on the other hand:

>obsesses and gets deep inside whatever it is he is interested in
Not because he is a loser, but because he thinks beyond just his immediate surroundings and wants to take a closer look. Be it physics or THAC0.

>realizes that he must get back to reality and balance
Sure, it's fun to talk about how you can drink the crafting potion, then craft an amulet that boosts crafting, then repeat the process, but I also have to review the company's newsletter, fill out forms and go to the gym and shop for groceries.

>understands grooming
Just because you are smart, does not mean you cannot be good looking as well. One does not forgo one for the other.

>limits himself
"Have I been plugging too many hours into this game?"

>applies his intellect to the real world
Uses his smarts to figure out real life tricks to save money, make friends and achieve happiness. He would never buy a fucking Nintendo Switch, because he built a gaming rig at home and can simply emulate the fucking thing on it.

In short, the Soyboy is a knock-off of the nerd. He wants to be seen as a nerd, because of an outdated notion of what a nerd is.

He will never replace the nerd.

>writing a wall of text to explain why he is a nerd and not a soyboy
Pretty soy, desu.

That is precisely the idea.

How to get nerds & soyboys fighting over the difference between nerds and soyboys The Thread.

"insecurity" is the most tired Jewish meme

Soyboyism is being obsessed in a superficial way with usually tech and trendy items. The soy boy likes apple and switch and other 'intellectual' things like star wars.

The nerd is someone who is interested in anything enough to dedicate time and energy into learning a thing usually to the point where it may cause them to be neglect other parts of their life at one point or another. Could be star wars could be cars could be a vidyA.

The primary difference is a nerd was attracted to star wars because of its depth and world making it interesting to study. The soy was attracted to it because the nerd eventually turned it into a fashion statement. 'look at me I'm into nerd things' is a fashion style now.

Its similar to how car nerds ended up loving BMW back when they were small and unsuccessful because they made cars that were excellent for motorsports. They made BMW cool by obsessing over the 2002 and M3. Normies saw that people who knew what they were talking about liked BMW and wanted to get one to be impressive and elite. Last year BMW had huge success selling a shit box FWD electric steering 4 cylinder because shitty normies never understood why BMW was cool only that BMW was cool.

Soyboys are just normies who are stupid and their brains never even think to understand WHAT and HOW things work just look at it and the marketing to decide how the product will add to their identity and presentation to others.

oh fuck. i ate cookie crisps for breakfast

am i getting SOYED?

Soyboys make threads and ask questions like this. Regular nerds do what they want because they like it.

Soyboys and nerds are actually mortal enemies, despite the similarities. Soyboys always push for a more casual, (((open minded))) environment in whatever subculture they latch onto, be it video games, music (particularly heavy metal) or TCG. They hijack a community, bitch and moan about how inaccessible it is for newcomers (while accusing everyone else of bitching and moaning when they're told to GTFO), and basically try to make the whole scene cater to the lowest common denominator. They make attacks of character and try to demoralize you for simply enjoying these hobbies. (A common soyboy argument would be something like "don't you have a life? you must be real fun at parties lol" since their entire lives revolve around socializing and attempting to please women.) If left unchecked, they will bring their journalist friends along who will attack the scene for not being accepting of women, POC, trannies, etc. and eventually destroy it from the inside out.

Nerds are harmless. They just want to be left the hell alone and enjoy whatever it is they do without bringing virtue signalling twitter garbage into it. Their hobbies don't appeal to the average person, and I think it should stay that way.

I'm literally an autistic nerd, and this is spot on.
Soyboys are essentially beta males with no effort or desire to improve themselves, so they latch themselves to video games or whatever generic culture stuff so they can feel happy with themselves. This is woman behavior, so you can see why they are so feminine.

There's plenty of socially normal people who engage in nerdy and intellectual shit. And I don't mean pop-sci. Though I'd definitely include socially lacking in the definition of nerd too.

Sorry reading isn't your strong suit, Hans. Maybe if your people knew how to read and learn, you wouldn't have started and lost 2 world wars, consecutively.

Food for thought. :)

You make the mistake of confusing hobbies with genuine fields of study. Nerds do not obsess over the topics you listed, because these topics are shallow. Nerds are busy studying planetary accretion and ophiolite sequences. Star Wars and vidya etc. fall within the realm of soyboys.

blacked.com usage

(you)

beards can be annoying user
>t. guy with a beard

Same. Haymaker or trying to blow his brains out the back of his head with your face?

nerds can be productive