SAO

We all know it sucks, but I need somebody to explain for me in depth why Sword Art Online is shit, so I can copy and paste your arguments.

The fact that so many books still name Sword Art Online as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" anime ever only tells you how far anime still is from becoming a serious art.

Have you even seen it? Watch a couple episodes and you'll have all the key points you need in arguments.

How about you fuck off and lurk more

Kirito sucks male member

Because you get through most of the series thinking you've seen the worst, that there's no way this anime could be any more stupid. And then BAM, a girl dies from AIDS.

>We all know it sucks
Anime doesn't. It's still one of my favorite anime of all time. And Asuna's fucking PERFECT!

Go play your SAO games.
The games are unbearable due to this bitch.

I never played SAO games. But you gotta admit she was perfect in anime.

Because I don't like it and it's popular enough that I have to get angry that other people do like it.

Literal definition of Mary Sue; boring, bland, uninspired, one-dimensional, and glop.

No fuck you, Hollow Fragment introduces a better version of her but kept shoehorning her in.

pretty, smart, loyal, not a whore, and full of love. there's nothing more to ask for.

Because it's popular.
>t. Sup Forums

I think SAO is ok. The author wrote the first few volumes when he was like 14 but the idea was good. The Progressive reboot is written better so I recommend that over the original novels or the anime's first season which is based off the original novels.

The anime does a pretty bad job at showing Kirito's thoughts and emotions, so he comes out as a bland character. He's actually pretty interest: He got addicted to games because he's edgy and didn't want to talk to people, but at the same time he's actually just a loser who's super awkward and can't make friends. He's basically just being chuuni every time he acts up, albeit lives are on the line but he acts that way anyway later on when lives aren't on the line. He pretends to be a God at games but if you look at his feats he hasn't won a single game in the series without an incredible amount of help. Also, the anime makes it look like he got the female avatar in GGO for pandering but in the actual story he was already interested in crossdressing and had girly dimensions, so he was actually super hyped to get that avatar, which comes off pretty funny in the novels.

tl;dr anime sucks novel doesnt

>Best girl got fucked by Jamal and died

>not a whore
>"don't worry kirito this has happened before just give him a few seconds"

she never cheated on him. nothing you say or wish will change that fact.

i can't speak for the other ones, but i played through hollow fragment ironically because i read a shitty review of it and it was on same at gamestop. the games are unbearable because the gameplay is repetitive pseudo-rpg shit and the dialogue looks like it was shoved through google translate

the only good part of the game was the dating sim elements because of how fucking hilarious the dialogue was and also you could fuck your sister AND the loli

kek

>Expecting an RPG (lit. "Really Pathetic Grindfest") of any kind to be good
I'm so sorry

user-kun, i can't say i read the novels but i can sure as hell call bullshit on kirito having any more dimensions than the waifus i fap to daily. if the series continued off the strong first and kind of maybe second episodes, then edgy mcedgester might have turned out to be kind of interesting.

instead, they decided to ditch his character progression from autist -> alright -> fucked up -> enlightened waifu form, instead deciding to make him a harem protagonist, literally out of nowhere and without warning. what the fuck is the point of giving him a harem AFTER the romance portion. what the fuck.

and user-kun i know you're retarded but you can't argue that edgemeister isn't literal video game jesus. for fuck's sake he solos a mmo boss and has supposedly ridiculous reflexes or whatever.

however, i can excuse his personality if what you said about his willingness to be a trap is true.

calm down user she's not real

Kirito definitely has more character than the waifus, even if you think sao is garbage you have to at least understand that.

"Out of nowhere" is a consequence of the timeskip in the anime which isn't going to happen in Progressive because it's going through all 100 floors.

>he solos a mmo boss
when?
The only boss he solos is the Christmas Event and that's because he grinded for days non-stop just to be able to do it... then he falls off and is just another guy in another few weeks because he didn't keep up the grind. That's the only time he ever wins anything alone, and it ended up being a failure because the item didn't even work. If you can name one more time he ever wins alone I will not watch a single anime until I'm done marathoning all currently existing episodes of sazae-san. Kirito SUCKS at games, end of story. His reflexes are because he actually trained with a sword so he could turn on manual movement in the game.

i never expected it to be good. i bought it specifically because of reviews mocking the translation. i would gladly pay another 20 something dollars or whatever i paid for it to experience something of it's caliber again

Digibro has a 1 hour video about why it sucks just listen to it in the background or something

Hollow Fragment suffered from hongkong traslators.
Yes the game is shit but within that, the hollow area and the heroines in it are the least shitty ones.

Lost Song is an avoid at all cost game

Hollow Realization, with its ironic name, is actually decent but still needs improving.

Asuena a shit

My dick says Sinon is best girl but Kirito is close second.

alright shitposter-kun, my memory of sao might be a little murky but i'm pretty sure he basically solos the bigass minotaur thing when he pulls out the second sword and doubles his edge. i don't specifically remember if he did that alone, it might have been with his waifu.

and no he doesn't suck at games. i don't wanna go full retard here, but he was placed as one of the higher skilled players in the gay(m) and managed to survive in a mmo solo. also you can't use kendo as an excuse to justify his reAKUTUN SPEEDU. also what the fuck do you mean "manual movement" and if you pull some ln details out of your ass i'm calling your mother

Ordinal Scale Bluray when??? I've been waiting for so damn long.

stop being a faggot and pirate it user. it doesn't deserve any more cash, it's just enabling A1 to churn out more horseshit

Who cares, post more SAO girls.

>pirate it
it's not out. only the cam rip is out.

sorry user, should have checked that. i thought i saw a proper release at some point

Aincrad was ok, episodes 3-7(8 as well, right?) are filler which are forgettable. Alfheim is LN Harem garbo. GGO had a fine setup but Sinon was clearly the intended MC where Kirito half derailed the entire arc that basically ended when it started (PTSD). Death Gun as a villain at first was cool but then you get the thing where 3 guys out of literally nowhere are drugging people in their sleep when Death Gun could've just been a guy with a gun that did IRL damage via hax. Mothers Rosario is the best. If you go from Aincrad to Mothers Rosario you'll have a decent show. If you go through all of it you'll probably drop it long before Rosario and I don't blame you.

>Calling others a shitposter when you're literally just spouting out bullshit about a show you probably didn't even watch

An entire fucking guild was fighting that boss, it's HP was low when Kirito et al joined the fight. Plus, Asuna and Klein both had to draw aggro from Kirito so he could even equip the other sword and be useful. Then, in addition to all that, Kirito had to use his unique skill which is actually super risky because it locks him into a long as FUCK attack animation with horrible end lag. The boss BARELY died from that and if it didn't then Kirito would have been fucked.

>Doesn't even know what manual movement is
Jesus Christ, watch the fucking show, they explain this in like the 1st or 2nd episode.
Usually a player inputs a command, like "ATTACK", and the system automatically does it for them. It's VR but the players DON'T do their own moves during combat... unless you activate manual movement, then you move yourself like you would in real life. It's much harder but lets you move faster and do a lot of things that you wouldn't normally be able to with pre-set movements. Kirito, Asuna, Klein, and all of the other important characters do this. Kirito is a little better because he actually has experience with a blade because he and his cousin did kendo. The fact I have to explain this is appalling, "shitposter-kun".

I don't like the show but I fap to the girls routinely.

Alicization was nice until the sudden power creep.

>unironically enjoying OS
Oh come the fuck on, its shit and the white elephant in the room is that its AR whereas SAO is VR

GGO could have been decent but it was shit because it relied entirely upon flashbacks to an event that we never even saw in the first season. This big battle with the PKers was supposed to be this huge event in Kirito's life and we saw none of it. As if this wasn't shitty enough, it got even worse when Kirito somehow magically remembered who Death Gun was in SAO.