Should the government actively discourage people from eating unhealthy food?

Should the government actively discourage people from eating unhealthy food?

define "unhealthy"

Whatever OP eats

If you want free healthcare, you have to promote healthy lifestyles, to keep the system afloat, and prevent from fatass leeches from draining resources.

How about the government get out of all our decisions and let people live or die by their own choices?

well that goes against actively discourage, I didn't say decide for the people

Yes.

I’m going to McDonald’s, anybody want anything?

No, but ending dairy and corn subsidies would have the same effect and correct a market that created the profitability around junk food

Do what Japan did
A fat tax

The companies that produce this food would just buy politicans if that's on the agenda so why even try?

Yeah. I think we’re heading down a sort of future fascist utopia where shit like that will be controlled, as well as our speech and other things. Even if China or Russia take over and wipe out the gays, feminists, and blacks, I think we will still be under population control, food control, and other certain controls.

>it's real

And that’s why you have black people with 9 kids living off welfare.

>welfare
That’s the fucking problem

That’s how we got to what we have today, libertarian faggot

No, they shouldn't pay for their healthcare though. Choices have consequences and the state and its citizens should not pay for your stupid life choices.

Discourage? No. I do however think they should disclose openly and honestly what it does to your body and why it has been pushed so hard on the American people. It is a drug.

my body my choice

as a former fatass, yes

wow bread, lettuce, ground beef, potatoes, chicken, sausage, cabbage, onions and mozzerela cheese

OMG FAST FOOD IS SO UNHEALTHY, DIRTY MORE DISHES user

the dish soap industry is responsible for the demonetization of fast food

>should the government hold the interests of the people at heart?

welfare is a government program.
in a free society those nigger babies would starve, and rightfully so.
how fucking stupid are you?

>That’s how we got to what we have today, libertarian faggot
we're in the state of health we are today because boomers ethics valued convenience over nutrition.
international jewish communist think tanks and psychoanalysts in the 20th century have subverted the minds of women through inflation to push them into the work place and thousands of other minuscule things like the lack of appreciation for fresh garden to plate food.

Yes
And mandatory gym time

And who let that happen?

Refined anything, I would say.

>define "unhealthy"
using tax money to put cheap corn syrup on the market and then charging consumers a tax for ordering the largest size

hey morons, why not just take the subsidy away? maybe if the corn syrup wasn't so cheap thanks to tax incentives Americans wouldn't be as much of giant lard asses

>How about the government get out of all our decisions and let people live or die by their own choices?
agree so long as you keep public money out of it all,

>That’s the fucking problem
its a big part of it, welfare should be used to encourage people to participate in society not alienate them from it

>welfare
>black people

working with double negatives, shlomo?

they already do, don't they?
i'm pretty sure unhealthy foods are already taxed more than regular foods

the only exception i can think of is the high fructose corn syrup industry which is subsidized by the US government

maybe just get rid of that and you'll be fine

There's no such thing as unhealthy food, just unhealthy people.

It was a dream

comfort food addiction is the fault of capitalism and corporations.

You can get a 1500 calorie meal, packed full of chemicals and added sugar, for about, what, $6 to $7 at fast food places. That's the problem, you idiot.

If they want a healthy and able workforce they should at least make proper food more attractive and perhaps more affordable than the junk everyone is selling for cheaper.

But it's not the government's job to help you make good choices.

No the fucking government needs to stay out of it. Telling what to eat isn’t governing. If you don’t have the sense to know what’s healthy and what’s not then you deserve to stay fat.

Government made them switch to shitty oils, and now you complain about them being unhealthy? Fuck off