“You will not replace us”: a French philosopher explains the Charlottesville chant

>American white nationalists may not realize it, but the fear of replacement is essential to the work of a controversial French writer named Renaud Camus.

vox.com/world/2017/8/15/16141456/renaud-camus-the-great-replacement-you-will-not-replace-us-charlottesville-white

Other urls found in this thread:

weeklystandard.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=9U86c2Zf5og
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should Henry become a king?

It's pretty much a no comment article, other than saying he agrees with the slogan
"They will not replace us".

he basically says he hopes the American far right stops larping as Nazis and goes the more European identitarian route.

In a weird way European hate speech laws have helped the far right there by forcing them to be less edgy and develop an aesthetic that is actually appealing to normies

Sarah Wildman is a one dimensional thinker. She repeatedly tries to goad him into saying he supported what happened at Charlottesville. If you supported ending world poverty, she'd probably ask, in the Cathy Newman style, "So you're saying you support the poverty stricken selling their children as food for the rich?" He doesn’t let that stand though and draws a distinction:

>You are asking me if I support that?! I think it’s absolutely horrible, awful. I can very well understand why people in America would think “we won’t be replaced,” and I approve of that. But if they are Nazis or if they ram cars into people, I am appalled by the attitude.

>Maybe there is a slight confusion between several kinds of people. Are they all the same? Are you saying all the people marching and chanting, “We won’t be replaced,” are Nazis? Is that what you are saying?

>I would not define myself by white nationalism, that is not my way of thinking or my way of speaking, but I kind of understand that whites, wherever they are in the world and especially in South Africa, tend to be very anxious about their destiny. There is a very horrible drama taking place now in South Africa, about being white.

>On the other hand, I totally sympathize with the slogan: “We will not be replaced.” And I think Americans have every good reason to be worried about their country, one of the two main elements that make up Western civilization, being changed into just another poor, derelict, hyperviolent, and stupefied quarter of the “global village.”

>leaf
>finding the bright side of marxism
color me shocked

She’s even more clueless here:
>Wait, I'm sorry. Say that again. So you’re saying you think white nationalism and Nazis are two different things?

Consider a large circle and call it Nazism and inside that circle have a much smaller circle labelled white supremacy. To be a Nazi you'd need to accept everything in the Nazi circle including white supremacy, but to be a white supremacist, you only need to accept everything in the smaller circle. The fact one circle is part of the other is irrelevant. This is the same as the fact that supporting animal rights doesn’t make one Hitler (a small circle in his overall views).

They pull the inverse of this when they claim they support free speech. We support the large circle called free speech and they support a tiny dot within it and call that supporting free speech.

I’m glad he indirectly calls out their hypocrisy of supporting this anti-replacist mentality elsewhere and their treatment of race:

>The will not to be replaced was at the center of resistance to colonialism. The refusal of being a colony in India or in Africa is very much part of anti-replacism. People don't want other people to come in their territory, in their country, and change their cultures and their religions, their way of living, their way of eating, their way of dressing.

>I think one of the dramas of modernity is that anti-racism has taken the word “race” in exactly the same silly pseudoscientific and incredibly limited way that “racists” did before them.

Because they have no minds.

He's right though. Instead of having Nazi larpers we have identitarians which are way more effective

We will not be replaced was also a call in this other colony called america.

And? How does that invalidate the fact that replacing people is wrong?
Eye for an eye gets you nowhere

No one it's being replaced, this it's the natural ethnic of the americas.

Deal with it.

You are not native american though. It's as if in 400 years a 56% Italian guy named Ahmed Mubungo told people he is a true heir of Rome

>yes goyim don't create a new movement that abandons pre-ww2 baggage instead waste your time trying failed (((neo-nazi))) tactics again and again while the country becomes increasingly non-white

>YOU will not replace us

that's funny, all I ever saw plastered and played on MSM was "JEWS will not replace us"...

Dude your whole continent is lost. Wtf are you even on about?

My people have drank water with arsenic in this desert for 10,000 years.

I'm sorry but I'm as native as you can be and we didn't stole this land from nobody.

Jesus christ that interview is just her asking "are you SURE you're not a Nazi?" to the frenchie over and over again.

Why are they always like this?

Its the media's fault but the people at Charlottesville are also responsible if they just chanted "You will not replace us" and didn't use the edgy Jews will not replace us chant this wouldn't have happened. The movement needs to become more disciplined with a consistent messaging which doesn't give the (((media))) what it wants.

If they just chanted "You will not replace us" the average normie would have thought "Wait whose replacing us" and it would have started a conversation about demographic trends. Instead we got the media going on about muh Jews which causes a normie to immediately tune us out

What? We have politicians from big parties openly talking about demographic replacement. How are we lost?
I assumed you were mixed, my bad

>leaf
>vox
>not archiving
newfaggot
Isn't that the old joke though? A jew takes offense when someone says You blah blah blah" and they hear "JEW blah blah blah."

People always shame me for my huinca blood.

You don’t have the coping mechanisms in place to deal with even 20% darkness. Their needs will overwhelm you.

Better being pure non white than being mixed imho. At least pure people have roots and identity, no matter where they are from

>Isn't that the old joke though? A jew takes offense when someone says You blah blah blah" and they hear "JEW blah blah blah."

It doesn't change the fact that people at Charlottesville really were chanting "Jews will not replace us". It doesn't matter if its a joke or not it gave the media what they wanted. The goal of a rally shouldn't be for people to make edgy jokes that scare away normies it should be aimed at people outside the movement to make them want to join.

welllll its happening, i should get the fuck out of here

I hope we never get to being 20% immigrant. We are 7% legal immigrants (mostly rumenians), at 20% we would be fucked

>don't say anything against the enemy, goy
>attack people who mostly agree with you instead, goy
Go away kike.

dumb jewish kike, jewish women are the least race loyal and like half of them marry non-jews

I'm not saying don't criticize Jews just don't do it in real life in a way that undercuts a specific message. If you want to criticize Jews don't do it by co-opting a slogan about demographic replacement. Most of the public is receptive of a message against mass immigration, they aren't ready for a message about Jews

>"Jews will not replace us"
I didn't realize they actually chanted that, I thought perhaps it was self-victimization
Yeah that's pretty fuckin dumb

A call that has gone silent like most post conquest calls in the past. They lost. I don't want to see the west suffer the same fate and suffer it by opening our borders rather than a more powerful foe barging through them.

No point speaking of natural rights and natural wrongs because it does you no favours. You have to stand up and fight for it and we're simply standing by and letting it happen.

I'm not sure I would draw such a strong conclusion from that article. He seems pretty reluctant to make any comment on the issues the reporter was trying to provoke him on.
I only know a little about that guy though so maybe you know more about where he is coming from.

I agree with your conclusion anyway. Both in Europe and North America this type of politics is still trying to find its way. Particularly in the US the optics appear really bad.
Really these are mainstream issues and are lots of peoples main concern. We really should be forcing mainstream politics to be deal with our concerns rather than worrying about the aesthetics of protesters and small groups.
Immigration is an issue for normies. We just need more intelligent people making it an acceptable issue for us to talk about.

This guy at least says replacement of our people is an issue. He also relates it to other people like the Indians and colonialism. This is the way to do it so to appeal to normies.

the nerve of that woman. luckily, he saw through her
> Camus
> Maybe there is a slight confusion between several kinds of people. Are they all the same? Are you saying all the people marching and chanting, “We won’t be replaced,” are Nazis? Is that what you are saying?

> Sarah Wildman
> No. I'm not saying that. I can't speak to who they all are, obviously, but I think in the United States we have seen a resurgence of a kind of white nationalism and some pro-Nazi sentiment that seems to be emboldened.

> Renaud Camus
> These are very different — white nationalism or Nazism.

> Sarah Wildman
> Wait, I'm sorry. Say that again. So you’re saying you think white nationalism and Nazis are two different things?

aaand the whole premise is fucked
her argument is fucked
and whatever she was trying to achieve is ruined

>Renaud
>Camus

The two biggest hacks in french "culture". How appropriate for this guy to be named like that.

Imagine what WHITE GENOCIDE would be like.
You would have to flood EVERY & ONLY white countries with millions of non-whites.
Then you would have to demoralize ALL whites by screaming the R-Word! at them if they objected
Then you would have to pass laws to FORCE integrate all those non-whites into every facet of White society
Then you would have to…Oh wait. This is already happening!
They say it’s “anti-racist” but it’s simply anti-White
Anti-racist is a code for anti-White

> Sarah Wildman
> Which are those under the most menace?

> Renaud Camus
> Well, probably the white one, which is by far the least numerous of the old major classical “races.” By the privileges it has long enjoyed, it has been, in a manner of speaking, the aristocracy of the world.

smug liberal worldview rekt

Then go be an average Trump supporter somewhere else. The alt right was against jewish influence from the beginning, the only one co-opting anything is you.

>people come up with the idea of Its okay to be white posters
>(((neo-nazis))) losers ruin the idea by including links to david duke's website or the daily stormer
>people come up with the idea of the "you will not replace us" chant, its brillant because when the media reports about it, it will cause the average white normie to start to think about demographic replacement
>(((neo-nazis))) change it to (((Jews will not replace us))). Now as soon as a normie hears this they instantly discard it

You people are the Jews of the far-right. You never come up with any ideas of your own. You never build or create anything instead you simply copy and ruin other people's effective ideas. You see someone come up with a brilliant original effective idea and then immediately subvert to (((the elites))) interest so that it is no longer effective at redpilling normies.

>The alt right
is a bullshit term used by a few spergs and larping faggots that was then picked up by the msm to lump anyone young and on the right into an easily-villified group.
>Sup Forums is not one person
>Sup Forums is a board of peace
>Sup Forums is satire
also this is a Trump board faggot

He's not saying that though. He's saying that people need to be more nuanced. It's perfectly reasonable to protest demographic changes and even calling out the Jew at the right times. Lots of those protests and the way the right is presented look really bad.
I would even extend that sentiment to antifa. Look how they present themselves
A lot of them look really bad (masks, dirty, weapons ect). It's not appealing to normies.

Protesting in the street calling out the Jew is retarded. Not only because of anti-Semitism arguments but because most people aren't going to know what connection the Jews have with the issue.

There's a time and a place for everything

> But not only that. It could also be Jewish civilization in Europe or free-thinking civilization in Europe, or sort of European tradition, which are progressively replaced by another population.
> The will not to be replaced was at the center of resistance to colonialism.

Kek, he knows how to talk to liberals.

weeklystandard.com/
Perhaps you were looking for this site instead of Sup Forums?
>You never build or create anything instead you simply copy and ruin other people's effective ideas.
>(((the elites)))
You seem to have refuted your own argument. Do you even know what ((())) means?

youtube.com/watch?v=9U86c2Zf5og

There need to be both moderates and radicals. The left has understood this for a long time, while the right still has problems with it. That's why the left has been slowly winning for a long time.

Which is good for the tribe, since it's the matriarchal line that count in judaism