Just finished all the episodes so now i'm gonna watch the movies. In what order do I watch the evangelion movies?

Just finished all the episodes so now i'm gonna watch the movies. In what order do I watch the evangelion movies?

>you are not alone 1.0
>you can not advance 2.0
>you can not redo 3.0
obviously those 3 in that order but what about
>death and rebirth
>the end of evangelion

what is the correct order?

You should watch End of Evangelion right after the original series (aka right now). Don't bother with death of rebirth.

After EoE, then you can watch the rebuilds.

all you need to watch is EoE

watch EoE and then you can watch the rebuild series even tho the 4th won't be out at least for another year or two

death and* rebirth, obviously

Don't watch the rebuilds. They take out all the interesting aspects of Evangelion and leave generic mecha movies.

Skip death/rebirth it's just a recap, watch EoE before the rebuilds.
Actually don't watch the rebuilds at all unless you are desperate for more Eva.

quads confirm 4.0 will be out by 2019

wow they're still making movies? Didn't this come out in 1996? I'm not complaining that's awesome it was a good anime but i'm surprised it's still having stuff made for it. That's awesome.

Yeah, the rebuilds are basically a retelling of the series with an unlimited budget. Lots of major plot changes in Eva 2.0 and on, however.

Eva 1.0 came out in 2007. ~12 years isn't too bad for a 4 movie series when you think about it. Especially since Hideaki Anno dropped the project entirely for a while to work on Shin Godzilla.

why shit like Naruto gets 500+ movies and like 10 films AND a next generation continuation of the story while bebop never got anything more than the original run i'll never understand. Glad Eva is at least still coming out with stuff.

He'd already dropped it. His apology for leaving to start another project included a confession that he just hadn't done anything for all of 2013.

Watch EoE nigger

EoE is the proper ending of the tv series.

Rebuilds are a weird remake/reimagining/maybe-sequel of the tv series.

Death and rebirth are a summary of the tv series + the first half of EoE. Given you already watched the tv series, there is no point in watching it.

1-EoE
2-nothing more, the rebuilds are trash

Anyone got those links for the Bluray rips available

>Frilly panties
Muh dick

If you guys like mecha anime Knights of sidonia on netflix isn't too bad

How about 1.0 We can (not) direct for shit, then 2.0 We can (not) get to the fucking point, and then 3.0, We can (not) make a decent film?

Might as well watch the first one considering it's pretty much shot-for-shot the same as the beginning of the TV series with an extra scene at the end, and better animation.

watch EoE and nothing else you dumb nigger

Everyone eventually watch the rebuilds, either due desperation for more eva, secret guilty or curiosity.

Skip the Rebuilds. At best they are a passive-aggressive rebranding of Evangelion that promotes Annos favorite characters and attacks the rivals of those. Even a generic mecha moefest has more integrity.

It's not remotely shot-for-shot. It reproduces the most memorable scenes and approximates the same arc.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST JUST GET IN THE FUCKING MECH

Just EoE Rebuild is shitty remakes that makes the characters more shallow

Bebop is gonna get a live action series though... although that idoesnt mean is good news.

Still havent bothered with 3.0 and NGE has been my life for nearly 20 years now... Just cant bare to see the disgusting thing it has become ;_;

>Dragon Ball Z
>Avatar the last airbender
>Ghost in the shell

Mmmhm

Ghost in The Shell wasnt that bad though

>MUH WHITE WASHING A CHARACTER THAT WHOLE THING IS THEY CAN CHANGE THEIR APPEARANCE
>MUH WHITE WASHING EVEN THOUGH THE GUY WHO HELPED MAKE THE ORIGINAL MOVIE SAID THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ARE STUPID AND NEED TO STFU