Is this normal in other countries?

Is this normal in other countries?
Do people like to fly their countries flag out their house?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income
twitter.com/Our_ArsenalFC/status/180036368230137856
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

flying a flag requires nationalism. Our great country is unique in that we are nationalistic.

t. flag bearing burger

A few cunts round here do it with the St. George's Cross. Actually the local BASED Sikh shopkeeper has one in his window too. Based!

There's also a confederate flag being flown from this house that is kind of out of the way up along the coast, also he flies the Canadian leaf flag sometimes. Strange.

> Do people like to fly their countries flag out their house?
People just don't have houses. Europeans lives primarily in flats.

No, our country doesn't brainwash us to support our country no matter how horrible it is. You're no different from North Korea when it comes to brainwashing

Meh. American nationalism has largely been hijacked by Jews and turned into something else. Look how they've integrated this idea that we're a melting pot into the American ethos despite the fact that everyone knew that would be a stupid way to have a country until 1965.

People only do it here if it's the birthday of someone in the household.

I've also seen it if someone's from another nordic country, usually they will fly a Swedish flag next to their home country's flag.

Most common being people from Iceland and Norway for whatever reason, maybe there are just many of them here.

Very rarely see it here

t. NEET

No, but we go insane with county nationalism surrounding GAA sports.

Spoken like a true refugee

Occassionally you'll also see people flying this flag.

>leaf trying to roast me with bad banter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for confirming that I'm correct by calling me a name instead of arguing the point or contributing anything of substance.

People of a non-nation can't be nationalistic.

It's a call for help!

In Europe being proud of your flag is considered as a radical extreme right wing thing.

> People of a non-nation can't be nationalistic.
Exactly. Which is why non of the European countries do it. You don't have nations. You have an EU imperium oligarchy.

Yeet

> No, our country doesn't brainwash us to support our country no matter how horrible it is. You're no different from North Korea when it comes to brainwashing

>supporting your country is bad
Wew lad

Hmmm

Not an argument, your country is Jucheist with freedom+™

And you don't have a country.
You have an EU oligarchy. As stated already.

That just considered the norm here. It's just a way of showing we care about the country and glad we live here.

That does not mean we are brainwashed in thinking there nothing wrong, but to outright say "Fuck the country" makes people mad.

That's why NFL ratings dropped when some overpaid football players knelt during the anthem"cause somfing somewhere iz racist". People mostly saw that as disrespectful to our troops (Because that's what the flag mostly represents).

>They should be aloud to kneel, but they can be criticized for doing something so retarded

I see a few American flags and a confederate flag about an hour north of Toronto at my plinking spot

>It's just a way of showing we care about the country and glad we live here.
This is such a foreign concept to the Euros here, that they can't BEGIN to fathom it.

I get it was "do they fly on their own houses" slight digression here

>considered as a radical extreme right wing thing

Guess that laminate furniture I got at IKEA is extreme. (IKEA store colors are the flag)

>IKEA = Colors of Flag
FIAT/BMW/VW : Routinely use flag and flag coloring's in various logos and trims

It seems like every nation really likes their flag and its colors.

Not allowed.

No, you idiot. America is not a nation, it's just a place for mutts to live in.

That isn't even super common here. Not abnormal, but not common either.

I have never seen more than a handful of people flying an Irish flag in my life, apart from sporting events

It's more common in the UK than in Germany but nothing like in America. British people are proud of their country but not the same way Americans are. I love nationalism and all but Americans over do it at times and it's a little in-your-face. Not that's a bad thing, just not used to it.

Very common where I live. But I don't live in a shithole state.

Mine is flying proudly outside my house right now.

>I love nationalism and all but Americans over do it at times and it's a little in-your-face. Not that's a bad thing, just not used to it.
We are a country of half-hearted """civic nationalism.""" Most people say we are the greatest country in the world, but that diversity and immigration got us there
>I don't live in a shithole state
So you live on the coast? Most people here don't have a flag out. A sizable minority, but not like the picture.

Brits were openly ultra patriotic like Americans, if not more so, a century ago. If you were still still ruling the waves I guarantee Bongs would be far more in your face about things.

>the coast
>not a shithole
Califaggots not welcome.

>Being this deluded
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income

No normally people don’t do this here but in one street where all the Turks from my town live in some Germans rent a little garden and put this flag in so every Turk can see it from his apartment

Nationalism is whatever it means to you. No one can hijack it. That’s not how it works.

I love being nationalistic. Pic related is flying outside my house

Yeah Maryland is a paradise.

In the UK you never see this stuff people are too afraid they'll get fucked by the police. Cause y'know they care more about mudslimes than us people.

lmfao

i have a shit wage and even i have a ranch house in the city

lmfao this faggot

Only on special occasions.

Doing it every day is stupid, what's the point?

It is in certain parts

You can put flags on flats you know?

I remember one flat near my school which had 3 massive Soviet flags and some Russian banner across the balcony.

Turks also put their flags out when they won a soccer match.

Some of our states like Texas also go nuts with the state flag. But nothing tops the national flag when it comes to patriotism.

The flag isn't supporting the government is supporting the nation. Minorities and foreigners are right to hate it.

Yes, specially after Catalonia shit

only when soccer world cup is happening pretty much
and even then probably just like 1/3

When you live in a mixed race country that sprang up into existence in a foreign land you are on guard all the time, hence the flag. If you analyze human behavior a little it makes sense. America is still just an outpost.

We are not a shithole. Everyone else lives in a shithole country - so nothing to be proud of.

>Doing it every day is stupid, what's the point?

We have a reason to now.

You mean the part where federal employees, corporate lobbyists, and kikes working at the foreign policy think tanks live? That has little to do with the corrupt and dysfunctional state of Maryland. If the the nations capital was moved to Nebraska suddenly income levels would rise there as well.

How do flags help your defense?
Doesn't that just tell the enemy exactly where you are?

In any case, point is that if you do it every day it takes away all impact and meaning.
It's like having fireworks every night.

Has that subsided or what? Haven't heard anything about Spain and Catalonia in a while.

In canada it is. I know you wouldnt think so. It surprises me too since i have 0 national pride but your average leaf is extremely proud to be canadian

Its funny because there will be UFC fights where Americans are fighting each other, and our redneck fans will chant “USA! USA!” because one of the fighter is white and the other is brown or Asian. UFC doesn’t have the most intelligent fan-base, and lets be honest, neither does the U.S.

Yepp we got Swedish flags blowing in the wind on the outside wall.

I have also seen Finnish flags blowing in the wind here and there. No Norwegian or Danish flags though.

I think i saw a Spanish flag a few days ago.

>but your average leaf is extremely proud to be canadian

...Why?

Oh you poor sheltered soul.
They fly the true American flag around the world:
twitter.com/Our_ArsenalFC/status/180036368230137856
And people try to dismiss it and typically go for the white are being racist again angle.
The Europeans know our history better than the publicly educated fools we are raising.

yeah the flag is beautiful and pisses off fags

>mfw from Switzerland

Only nation more degenerate I could think of would be pajeet-land, you fat disgusting fuck

It depends. The Swedish flag is usually reserved for special occasions and has a somewhat strict flagcode, so you're not suppose to just fly it willy nilly.

It's quite common to have a flag pole if you're living in a house with a yard, especially in the suburbs or countryside. If you don't have a flagpole many hang the flags like in your pic. Summer places pretty much always has a pole and a flag flying when occupied.

If it's not a national holiday, you don't usually fly the full flag and instead you fly a pennant, of which there are 2 "legal" designs I believe. If it's something like graduation for a family member you might fly the flag, if a family member or friend has passed away you might fly the flag at half mast, if the royal family is visiting your town you might fly the flag. If you're from another country and want to fly that flag for some reason, you're suppose to also fly the Swedish flag at the same time, above the other.

What is a shithole state? I live in NYC which most midwesterners would consider a shithole but I live in a really nice part. A lot of midwestern and southern states and small towns are shitholes worse than where I live and they don’t even generate the kind of money that NYC alone does. I grew up in Cali, and while I regard much of it as a shithole there’s still some really nice parts and it does generate a lot of income (I don’t love Cali and I’m not a liberal, but I’m trying to be honest and ovjective).

only on special occasions of national importance

Even an Estonian flag 7 houses down the street but i had to look up that on google.

What is this supposed to prove? California has the highest poverty rate in the entire country.

This. Plus, there's more to patriotism than just wearing your countries colours like the girl in my pic(Although she is a qt, so she gets a pass.)

>If you're from another country and want to fly that flag for some reason, you're suppose to also fly the Swedish flag at the same time, above the other.

Same way it is supposed to be here. Although spics and other mongrels usually ignore it and just fly their own shithole flags. You've probably seen that in places like Commiefornia.

A dying breed

t. Sweden

>Think I saw a Spanish flag a few days ago
We comin for your flicka's, gringo

Iceland has a nice flag desu.

get on our level

I've always been more of a fan of Norway, but I don't want to see any Nords die out. The Nordic countries should always remain Nordic.

Yeah based. Fucking BASED is based and is always BASED af.

What the fuck are you on about you teacrumpetsnigger?

I know, the design and colours really go together well.

The first Swedish flag, according to mythology it came to be by:

"The 12th-century King Eric IX saw a golden cross in the sky as he landed in Finland during the First Swedish Crusade in 1157. Seeing this as a sign from God he adopted the golden cross against a blue background as his banner."

Sweden existed way long before the 12th century but this is the oldest Swedish flag that has been preserved, it was a maritime warship flag.

Wasn't there some "controversy" a few years ago where some mudslimes wanted the St. George flag banned because it was associated with the crusades?

The only one I like better is the Faroe Islands flag.

I wish we had something to celebrate

I doubt it. Europeans on Sup Forums constantly claim that patriotism is dumb. Even their America bear meme pokes fun at it.

In Texas the state flag is fucking evrywhere. In Houston I-10 West has 100's of them on display in front of dealerships. A few are fifty feet wide.

You have some pretty hot chicas, at least.

Was waiting to see one of us here

I am in NI not the mainland UK. They are fucked over there because they a) have mudslimes and b) give a fuck what they think.

To be fair, it is the best state flag.

*blocks your path*

It hurts to see your dad hurt himself like that.

Cant m8 St George Day is banned.

That's spanish Jean

We have a really nice weather, the country is the size of a continent and we are heading into an unprecedented cycle of economic growth.

Sad but true. Memes aside, the USA hasn't fit the definition of "nation" since 1965. And we all know (((who))) proposed that bill.

>dishonoring Richard The Lionheart to appease saracens

Unbelievable.

>To be fair, it is the best state flag.

Yes it is