Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/31859/Hai_to_Gensou_no_Grimgar?q=grimg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nisekai

Genzai Sekai

i hate it

I love it, and you

get a room

>tfw Konosuba and Youjo Senki are the best examples of isekai in the genre, and even then they're just okay

I'm more partial to Release that Witch, despite how idealistic it is and being a chinese WN it is actually quite good. MC plans to marry his waifu, he doesn't have uber cheats (in fact he relies on the witches to do anything), his kingdom building makes more sense than other isekai, and there's no harem. Also the other male characters have been finding their own love interests lately.

The only downsides are the stupid nationalistic chinese parts, but thankfully they became very rare later on.

Roland is a fucking machine

I feel bad for Nightingale though. The way she pledged her fealty was a massive death flag.

>Konosuba
>Youjo Senki
>not Grimgar and The Twelve kingdoms

HE HATES IT!

>grimgar

No, TWELVE KINGDOMS is the best example of an Isekai novel/anime.

Shit you list don't even come close.

I really wish "Grimgar of fantasy and ash" got another season or at least a decent manga adaption.
It's one of my favorite Isekai anime

Youjo Senki isn't even that good. It's just Overlord set in WW2. I think Log horizon is one of the better isekai anime.

That is chikyu you dimwit

Dragonballkai

So how long until we get an isekai where instead of a fantasy world they go back to 1941 Japan and lead them to victory over the filthy gaijins?

There was already one like that where a modern warship goes back in time

what is Zipang?

Sekai - Shkew

Some interpretations of Kancolle more or less do this.

What about RE zero?

I can see my house from here.

I never thought the day would come where I can recognize alphapolis manga even though the artists are way different per series. Seriously fuck them and their toilet paper scans.

But so if someone from a fantasy world dies and goes to our earth, is it isekai?

>implying that that isn't what happened to us and we had our memories sealed away so we wouldn't suspect that we're being used to populate an alternate world

Why is this so popular, it blows the others away and it doesn't even have an anime yet.

a new isekai has descent upon us

Reverse isekai

source

>grimgar

iakesi?

English name? Can only find moonrune page.

The problem is that it's hardly an isekai at all, sure they were sent to another world, but they knew the place and basically made it their own in a few years.

Very rare seeing people react badly at Grimgar, it's basically nip Dungeons & Dragons.

jesus christ the english name is on the fucking picture you quoted, look harder

Wasn't Zipang explicitly struggling to not change history?

She isn't dead though you moron, the only thing that has died is her chances of Roland banging her.

I'm retarded. In my defense the text is really small and I'm blind.

Because people unironicaly drop at premise or reading a thread. Who the fuck want to watch a team of retards that cant win a single goblin. Holy shit you cant get anymore pathetic, and its not even a comedy.

I never said she was dead you retard, I called it a death flag because there's a chance she'll die later on. She's definitely the type who will gladly take a bullet for Roland, and she's already had a very close call already. I guess asking you to use your head is too much to hope for.

Spider best girl.

>Getting salty and replying over a Chink novel.

Go discuss your shit novel elsewhere it doesn't belong on Sup Forums you faggots.

Is Drifters isekai?

If only that was the case.
myanimelist.net/anime/31859/Hai_to_Gensou_no_Grimgar?q=grimg

I'm talking about Release that Witch. It is a Chink novel, has no anime and doesn't belong here. Grimgar is fine to discuss even though I don't really like it either.

I, Sekai.
Our protagonist's,named Sekai, last memory is almost? dying in a natural disaster. He finds himself before God who tells him that due to pollution the avatar of the planet, that normally ensures the smooth and safe working of the planet, now is a lot more busy and prone to being able to stop everything. If all were normal everyone would be saved from that disaster or it wouldnt even happen. Sekai was the only casualty. God is willing to revive Sekai after a little trial that would make him a better person. Seeing that he is wasteful and totally not eco-friendly he decides to assign him as an intern to a planet avatar that's getting old and needs help.
Deciding to cut him some slack He assigns him to an avatar of a fantasy world since he likes that kind of stuff. The fantasy world avatar, a grouchy old man, after informing him of the problems this magic world is facing, sends him off into the world with little to no help and a list of the stuff that need to be fixed.

As the MC fixes stuff he gains powers relating to the planet. At one point he's joined by an elf girl with some screws loose about eco-friendlyness.
Since it's a fantasy world we can create various fantasy types of magical pollution with some of them relating to real world problems.
Just thought of this up now just to make a pun with the title

That sounds lame. Nobody wants to read hippie isekai ver captain planet.

The only good isekai so far is overlord but only because it takes alot from the hobbit, TLoTR and D&D.
Slow and steady series with each vol getting better.

How good do you think is the manga compared to the novel?

Why don't they make more reverse-Isekai series? Hataraku Maou-sama worked, so I don't see the probem in doing more.

Isekai is typically read for escapist stories, a large part of the appeal is that they leave Earth behind. A reverse-isekai can be done but it isn't nearly as easy to write as just going to fantasy world clone and adding cheats for MC.

I wouldn't want to go from a fantasy world to this fucking hellhole.

Like this?

Someone post that one Webm where the guy's weapon turns red because he's using ebin nippon sword techniques

Except for skipping half of vol 3 like the anime did, the manga is alright.

Isekai is a cancer genre enabling the worst kinds of anime fans.

Literally kys youreselves

Battle school harem and It's time threads couple blocks down leatherman.

I'd watch a show that had Van Darkholme as the MC.

Hey look, it's that guy that wasted his entire life making cartoons only to realize he hates them.

"Reverse-isekai" are essentially all those chuuni "my past memory are sealed away" series from past decades.

>no a connecticut yankee in king arthur's court

It was as full of asspulls as any modern isekai.

What about shows where an OP MC with a harem wakes up in the body of a NEET?

I miss the days when anime's message to losers was to get up and fight

So, did that one about a gyaru being mistaken for a dark elf show up anywhere?

Translated or untranslated.

Log Horizon is the defining Isekai.

Tell me more.

I wish he was more of an asshole, a la rance

The type of class you are in isekai depends how you die
Suicide = merchant class
Hit by truck = warrior class
murdered = wizard class
executed = rouge class
natural causes = npc

>Still reading Japanese Isekai
I have fully given up and moved into the world of western isekai. It's just as shit, but at least it's in English tho like half of them are ESLs

Who gets priest class?

Part of his charm is that he isn't as much of an asshole as some of the other characters.

What about isekai'd via book
shielder?

The fact that he's the kindest shit in the block is the reason why he got so burned when the bitch betrayed him. Also kind of one of the reasons he got selected as a hero, but that's a story for another time.

for some extrange reason this is the only isekai i like

starvation

>kill yourself and you become a Jew

I think they were getting sent to a fantasy world, not hell.

Burned so hard i mean.

>What about isekai'd via book shielder?
Slave class

When you realize Eureka Seven was an Isekai

i 'm too scared to keep reading, is it true that the ending of the novel is shit?

When you realize it wasn't butter.

I liked it.

It's what every D&D character should aspire to.

WN? i'm cool with the ending we got, specially with the extra chapters and with the spear gaiden making up for it. (Whoe TL just dissappeared from the face of the earth), but it did feel a bit... well i don't know how to say it. LN's fixing most of the shortcomings of the WN so you might wanna read that once you finish the WN or just jump straight into it right now. IT hasn't even finished so we wont know how it will end until it ends.

Whose TLer i mean

>check amazon for my delivery date on shieldbro vol 8
>told me there would be a delay on it
>june 23-28
I'm fucking salty.

I don't think the title drop near the end of the last chapter was necessary.

>this was really the rising of the shield hero™
it gets me how silly it is. also hey you saved my edit

Isekai Is one of the best things to happen to anime.

Onee-chan is always best girl in Battle-school harams.

Spoiler that shit

Sowwy.

Now that I Was a Sword When I Reincarnated's fourth translator has died who do you think will be the fifth one?

So... I'm reading Mushoku Tensei right now (just finished volume 13) and I have this ball of hatred in me that is ready to burst.
I mean the beginning was ok but having the MC pass from a 16yo living alone (nogf) with few friends in the school dorms to a 17yo with a big house, 2 wives and 1 kid really bothers me. Plus the fact that he (Rudi) said he would never cheat and that his father was an asshole for having 2 wives and also an idiot for having a kid this young etc etc..

Is this normal ?
Does it get better or worse ?

>Dropped again

Fucking hell, and it looked like we were gonna get some interesting shit too