Still nr. 1 on MAL

>Still nr. 1 on MAL
Does it deserve the praise?

>Trusting MAL
>Ever

To an extent.

Should take MAL rankings with a grain of salt but to get to first place it must be doing something right.

>MAL

More trustworthy than Sup Forums.

Yes.

Even Singapore is openly selling counterfeit DVD

IMO it was pretty good, very aesthetically beautiful, and a compelling story. It's not, however, a film I'll watch again anytime soon. I didn't think it was as good as, say, Spirited Away. And I wasn't really blown away by anything other than the visuals. I don't think it deserves to be number 1, and I don't really see why people think it's such a masterpiece. Maybe I've just seen too much anime to really be impressed by this film.

I thought the first half was perfect, great pace and a sense of mystery to the whole thing. Then when the meteor/comet got introduced it went downhill as the whole swapping bodies thing suddenly turned into a form of time travel, and then they changed the rules on how the body swapping works. Also, how the fuck did female MC (forgot her name) convince her dad to evacuate the village? Believing that your town will get nuked by a space rock just because your daughter said so makes no sense.

All in all, it's an okay movie that's overrated.

>counterfeit DVD
What. Isn't Singapore supposed to be a wealthy first world nation, with internet access, and an average IQ of 108?

>how the fuck did female MC (forgot her name) convince her dad to evacuate the village
She went up to him with a really serious face and it cut away, because the writers really couldn't come with any method where she could actually convince him that she isn't batshit insane after committing large-scale terrorism

>MAL
Don't forget to murder yourself.

It's an emotionally loaded movie and those always have the widest appeal.

>Not using MAL as a trusted anime website.

Just end yourself please, mummy and step daddy won't miss another dead neet.

>using MAL as a trusted anime website.
Then why don't you just fuck off back to your precious site you retarded piece of human shit?

It needed to be 30 minutes longer, still good tho.

Aww, what's the matter, angry that people are using a trustworthy anime site?

1.5/10, made me reply.

Nope. Singapore is just diet China

Yeah, exactly. It just felt really cheap because as you said there was no way to do it without the whole situation being resolved in an unreasonable manner

Waiting for the BD, or even decent qualities is painful.
But every other releases have shit qualities.

Yeah, if you aren't a poor local or Asian immigrant. Literally diet China.

No, it should be Koe no Katachi :^)

>diet China
What is that even supposed to mean? Singapore is way better off than China.

>MAL

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

How come logh became so popular in 2009?

What's wrong not enough cute girls doing cute things

>taste gets progressively worse

Yes it's objectively the best anime of all time. Just like every season of Gintama.

If I remember correctly, because of Sup Forums shilling, and I think downvote bots were a thing back then too.

I thought MAL guys would only watch reruns of Gintama

>mummy and step daddy won't miss another dead neet

Projecting much?

The funniest thing about this is that the average score actually increases year by year

I haven't watched it yet but I remember all the Koe no Katachi vs. Your Name threads

And as much as I don't have faith in Shinkai, as of now I think he can top the mess that is KnK. I'll try watching it later this week.

coming from someone who uses MAL for their backlog and has looked at every single title from 1960-2017 listed there to build it, ratings included, these are some things you should understand about the way things are rated there:

-7.5 is the average rating, because people don't understand that their mean should be about 5 for the rating system to make any sense on a spectrum of 10
-fan service automatically get lower ratings
-parodies/comedy automatically get lower ratings
-OVAs with older animation/artwork automatically get lower ratings
-"serious anime for intellectuals such as myself" automatically get higher ratings
-movies that fit these criteria get among the highest amount of high ratings because they are easy to watch and thus the most people watch them
-television series that have extremely long running time are often only rated by people who watch them, and people only watch them if they like them, so there is a bias in the ratings for series over 26 episodes

that aside, anime rankings are garbage and you should just watch what you like and not care about such things. moetan is literally the perfect series and it gets a 5 rating because it terrifies the normals. don't pay attention to the numbers.

>some Anime,
>Gintama,
>some Anime,
>Gintama,
>Gintama,
>some Anime,
>some Anime,
>Gintama,
>some Anime,
>Gintama,
>Gintama,
>some Anime,
>another Gintama

Never understood the appeal of Gintama. Boring humor, boring story.

>-parodies/comedy automatically get lower ratings
What aboout Gintama?

>moetan is literally the perfect series
I'll trust you user, and download it. You better not disappoint me.

>television series that have extremely long running time are often only rated by people who watch them, and people only watch them if they like them, so there is a bias in the ratings for series over 26 episodes

Just looked up the list. #11 and #14 is also Gintama.

No.
Koe no Katachi is better
/thread

Both are underwhelming.

It's so depressing, the list around 2006 is actually pretty solid.
By 2016 anything worth shit has been all but purged from the top 10, and the list is filled with babbies' first anime type of series.

>/threading your own post

That's just sad. KnK posters are sad. And delusional too.

Singapore is literally a diet china just with a very nice facelift

Why don't they have separate charts for movies and TV shows like RYM has for albums and singles
It's so dumb to lump them all together

No kidding. That's the consequence of having anime rise so much in popularity. The lowest common denominator sinks lower and lower as more people join.

it's weird since logic would dictate that the more votes something has the lower the average gets
MAL has massively inflated ratings anyhow
its users are easy to please

Singapore isn't anything like China, you stupid otter.

God, I feel ashamed creating an account.

the list at 2006 looks equally bad as any other year to me. if anything one of the worst years as at least most of the others have LoGH.

6 out of the 15 top rated anime on MAL are Gintama shit. How does one even defend this?

It's just more normie trash.

it was good tho

the only people watching and rating gintama titles are people that like gintama.

Pretty solid list for a site with so many users.
Guarantee you Sup Forums's list would be way shittier.

regardless, the second and third seasons should not be given their own entries, makes no sense, they should be rolled into one and the ratings averaged out

Is that a challenge?

>Guarantee you Sup Forums's list would be way shittier.
Reported for asking recommendations.

I can't take Sup Forums seriously when there are 5-10 threads up for eromanga or re:creators at any moment while circa 40 people are watching AotS.

this is exactly why gintama sits at the top. sequential seasons get their own entries, and only people who like gintama watch them.

the actual truth is that splitting up series like this makes perfect sense from a logging perspective, or else it might be kindof hard to figure out there are OVAs and separate releases, and that ratings don't matter at all and you shouldn't give two fucks about them.

I can't say that it's outright bad but there wasn't a single moment that made me even mildly emotional. Even 5 cm/s provoked me more and even then i consider it fairly mediocre.

Feels like Shinkai rides on a single theme with variations for 10 years now.

IMDB separates seasons and episodes within a shpw without giving each one a spot on the charts just fine.

It deserves praise but not so much. It's a good movie but not the best.

u know it's trash when u see gintama in it

MAL does have seperate rankings

When will you faggots ever learn that the BD hasn't even been released yet, hence 90% of Sup Forums hasn't even seen it?
Your bait threads will gain much more traction if you just wait a couple months instead of blowing your load now.

they do but the main chart includes movies TV and OVAs when there's no reason to

to be fair, from 1985-1997 OVAs were the main medium of anime. television series and particularly adult-oriented series didn't kick into gear until evangelion blew a hole in the wall.

that's great, but their charts should be exclusive, is all I'm saying

You'd have to elaborate on that, 2006 is really solid IMO.
Bear in mind, top 10 lists such as that tend to have more 'light' titles on it,
i.e. comedy and romance as opposed to gritty war-movies or hard scifi.
The titles in 2006 are all really good in their respective genre.
Half of 2016 is fucking Gintama. I dunno what you expect of such a list, I too would rather see AKIRA and GitS up there, but as for 'light entertainment' the 2006 top 10 are really good recommendations.

you're talking to someone that doesn't see any difference in quality between death note, one piece, cowboy bebop, FMA, and hxh.

>GitS
I also see GitS on the level of death note, one piece, cowboy bebop, FMA, and hxh, so maybe this is your source of confusion.

Yeah, I'm probably wasting my time.

Oh, correction, I am wasting my time.

this is what a perfect anime series looks like to me, mucus-lathered insect.

I see. I think your powerlevel is too stronk for me, senpai.
An individual of your caliber would surely find something like GitS to be beneath him.
Hopefully, if I train hard, sometime I will be able to see anime the way you see them.

The comet had already split by the the time she got to the town hall. Teshi and Sayaka are also shown freaking out after that happens because they both realize that Mitsuha was right.

So what exactly is the problem with MAL? It's a convenient site for keeping and sharing a list/backlog, as well as notes on series. It also has decent information on staff.
Sure, you may not agree with the consensus opinion, but how does that matter one way or the other? MAL reviews and forums are, from my limited experience with them, stupid, but you could just use ANYTHING ELSE for discussion and still use MAL for what it's actually good at.

Is the old HxH anime really that good?

Just my opinion, but to me it's like top 5 fighting shounen of all time.
You should definitely watch it, some might say you should watch the remake instead, tho.

Already watched the 2011 version, I just wasn't aware the original was that highly rated.

welcome to Sup Forums. let me tell you about how everything you like is terrible.

Watch it to learn about the importance of directing and how it's an art that has been forever lost in the industry.

Just got back from taking a shit, and it made me think. How come shitting is so pleasurable? The pressure it has on the inside of your ass feels so good.

MAL ranking has always been pretty solid, but shitty contrarians on Sup Forums can't accept this.

its HongKong 2.0. What would you expect?

you're only getting into it. there is a perfect posture for running shit along your prostate to get the maximum euphoric experience out of it, also known as "poophoria".

the running hypothesis is that primates have used homosexual sex as a method of the strong dominating the weak into roles of subversion, which can be observed in bonobos in the wild. craving alphas dick due to prostate pleasure keeps you from sleeping with the females and spreading your shit genetics. this was likely replaced by wealth-and-provision based selection at some point, where men who are not necessarily the strongest physically take women by demonstrating their ability to support children via material possessions, which is what likely steered hominids towards intellect selection and away from strength selection. the prostate effects have no negative consequences on survival and therefore no reason to be selected out, so they remain.

maybe if you're an edgy teenage/YA male.

>Death Note dropped to 45th place after 10 years

Im still mad at Aria and Mushishi gone from the top 10. MAL faggots need to be beheaded

Isn't this just the malaysian release?

aria is so fcking boring.

>Aria
>good

Says the edgy contrarian

>Haruhi dropped to 505th place
the endless 8 backlash is real

But if we evolved to take dick up the ass, then why is it so looked down on?

MAL rankings have never been objective "this work is superior to this work" kind of rankings. A few factors play into how high a work is rated on there.

Accessibility (anyone can watch it and enjoy it)
Technical quality (animation quality, OST quality)
Whether a "good" dub exists or not (this is for more older series and not FOTM stuff)
Whether it's the first season or not (people who didn't like the first season obviously won't watch the second, so less bad ratings)

That's why beloved, less accessible works like K-On! and NGE don't rank as high as flavor of the month shit like Kimi no Na Wa and OPM or shows nobody is going to bother with unless they absolutely love the first seasons like Aria the Origination or Gintama. If anything, MAL rankings objectively rank how accessible a show is to a general (casual) audience if you don't count second or third seasons.

Mal itself is fine. It's just the community
This applies to everything. Sup Forums is great however it's the people that post here that makes it cancer