Kid finds out the world isn't black and white

>Kid finds out the world isn't black and white
>Loses his shit

Anyone else found this hilarious?

What's hilarious about it?

This

He already knew it, he's friend with an assassin and freed a mass murderer

gon is such a terrible character

Since when did Gon care about black and white or good vs evil?

He's mad that a shitty cat, is acting like is acting like it cares about humans.

none of you faggots have ever been in love
none of you
this sort of response is completely normal
not that any of you would understand

Who seriously read HxH for Gon anyway?

It's like reading Bleach for Ichigo

Yeah, the right reason for reading Bleach is to laugh at how shitty it really was.

He kills Killua?!?!

What I'm still trying to figure out is why do people read it for that gary stu faggot Killua, he literally just a tag a long for 95% of his screen time.

> That edge...

I read it waiting for Chrollo/Rhyodan's backstory.

Gon was watching people get eaten and torn apart in the Hunter Exams and walked past them without a care in the world.

>shitty cat
Don't you dare talk shit about best girl.

How so?

Killua is a complex character for a shounen. There's several emotional angles at play with Killia. (1) The relationship with his family. (2) The relationship with Gon. (3) His desires to not be an assassin but still having to employ those skills when necessary. Killua isn't simply shotabait, no matter how much you want to imply that. He's a good friend to Gon, despite Gon nearly casting him aside during CA, and yet we still see Killua go through extreme lengths to save Gon in the Election Arc. It's arguable that Killua undergoes the most development in the series as well. Consider his introduction in the Exam Arc, and how much his personality changes between that and even Greed Island. I don't think even Gon, who gets a lot of his own development, progresses as far as Killua. I get it, people like to "meme" all over Killua and shit all over him, but he's probably the best, most likeable character in Hunter X Hunter. I dare you to find another character in the series as complex, and with such appeal as Killua.

>Girl
You keep telling yourself that.

>Killua is a complex character for a shounen.
Killua is as straightforward as they come and you would be a fool to believe Muh friend hurt my feeling, muh jerk family that is only an issue me for roughly 10 chapters out the series, and muh fake pledge not kill people, is somehow an unique set of traits that has been seen in shonen often.

>It's arguable that Killua undergoes the most development in the series as well
Pointing out that Killua is the most developed character means jack fucking shit when the 95% of the cast hasn't progressed passed the initial stages of characterization.

>I dare you to find another character in the series as complex, and with such appeal as Killua.
Easy, Mereum.

>Kid finds out the world isn't black and white
How did you even come to the conclusion that this is what the scene is about?
Is this the intelligence level of anime-onlys?

Didn't we just have a "Gon is a sociopath" thread yesterday?
O

MUH

What fake pledge of not killing people?

He said he got tired of his life being pre-determined and went to set out to see the world. He's not as violent as he was in the Hunter Exams but he won't hesitate to kill if it's necessary.

You're being disingenuous to make him out to anything less than a interesting character.

More like 2011-onlys.

It's a typical comment from memeing edgesters.

Memeing edgesters lose their shit when they find out the world isn't black and white?

No, making a comment that a character realizing that the world isn't black and white is hilarious is what a memeing edgester would do.

Why is hunterxhunter full of unrealistic characters?

It's a picture book for little kids.

what's funnier is realizing Gon is the psychopath of the group despite be friends with an assassin kid with a messed up family and Sasuke 2.0.

Was a plot twist I really wasn't expecting

Is it just me or does Japanese anime in general have a warped sense of justice?

Most people have a sense of balance about it. Some guy is being a dick, you be a dick back. Some guy hits you, you hit him back. Some guy pulls a lethal weapon on you, all bets are off.

But in anime, you insult someone and now it somehow warrants a freakout and violence. Some guy mildly irritates you, it's now time to burn down his house and challenge him to fisticuffs to the death.

Don't tell me that this isn't true.

Didn't he already show how the Ryodan came to be?

And we don't need unnecessary backstories. I remember reading that Togashi is hesitant of giving Hisoka a backstory of his days as a youth. It's better to preserve the overall mystery of his character. You don't want to give too much away, maybe a tiny caveat here and there.

>Some guy pulls a lethal weapon on you, all bets are off.
fucking americans and their shitty values

You may have a bad taste for anime due to lurking here too much.

YOU CAN SMIIILEEEEE AGAAAAAAAIN

I feel like nobody ever talks about the independance Killua grew over the CA arc. The most obvious instance of his character development was the needle removal, but Killua has also been crippled by the fact that he's completely codependant on Gon. After being rescued from Kukuroo mountain Killua has no goal and no purpose other than devoting himself to Gon's quest. Everything he does is in the interest of Gon, and every person he meets he does in the company of Gon, and Gon takes the inititive in every encounter. Even Leorio and Kurapika seem more like people Killua knows through Gon than his genuine friends, and when Gon volunteers to help Kurapika Killua silently pleads that Kurapika turn them down.

Bisky's really the first person to approach Killua as an entity seperate from Gon, and this is even more true in the CA arc when she criticises Killua for his caution. As the arc goes on and Gon pulls away from Killua he meets and inspires Ikalgo, making his first friendship that Gon had no involvment in. After his encounter with Palm he declares that the two of them are friends, despite the fact that they acted persistantly antagonistic towards each other before her transformation. This is another development that Killua pioneered. After Gon is injured he takes the initiative to rescue Alluka, both to save Gon and because it's something he wants to do. After he's healed Killua realizes that he has a new purpose.

TL;DR, I guess that even though Gon was a dick to Killua in CA, it helped Killua realize that he doesn't need to depend on Gon and he can live as his own person. I still hope they team back up, but maybe next time their friendship will be more equal.

You don't know what a psychopath is.

Name on series with realistic characters

No, Gon is a legitimate psychopath, the guy cares nothing about right or wrong and is very selfish, just like his father, he does things for his own pleasure first and foremost and won''t let anyone get in his way otherwise. The only characters who could top him in this is Goku and Medaka

>Sasuke 2.0
In what fucking sense retard?

Holy shit you're one retarded nigger

I think he's talking about Kurapika, but Sasuke is clearly Kurapika 2.0.

Gon is a piece of shit for killing best girl even though he not only not that long ago in the story spared a serial killer and his friends he also fucking healed them.

Good thing he is no longer the MC and that best boy Leorio is taking over.

How will they team up again after Gon being powerless?

Only images, not showing what really motivated Chrollo in the first place to create the Spider, at most, a vague flashback of him playing with a VHS tape in Meteor City with some kids.
In YYH, Togashi explained Sensui's character in a 4 volume arc, explaining why he hated mankind. But we are like 20 arcs after Chrollo had been introduced with little more than a ''Oh, humans are so very interesting'' and no explanation on why he wrecks the shit he wrecks. I mean, i'd rather have a character that does things for other reasons than apparently look mysterious/cool, and the longer Togashi takes to explain such mysteries, the less likely he will end up doing, i fear.

>Gon was a dick to Killua
>literally just told him he didn't really care, which he later admitted was true
>meanwhile Killua fucks off and leaves Gon alone for an hour
I hate this meme, Killuafags are so fucking stupid. Why are HxH threads so shit anyway?

Asspulls, obviously.

This is Sup Forums now, I am ready to bet that over 50% of the userbase has never studied any kind of literature.

Those serial killers killed people Gon had no interest in. He is oblivious to what happens outside of himself and his friends.

What's funny is that Gon shot down Nobunaga for killing people he wasn't attached to, but he threatened to kill Komugi.

>killua tells gon to focus on pitou
>he does
>killua proceeds to act like a victim

except when he disobeyed orders and caused killua to save several thousands civilians that were being mercilessly killed by a certain faggot cat

I feel like Togashi wants to and intends Gon to never show up again, or at least ever be necessarily relevant again.

Gon has no motives. Meeting Ging is out of the picture now and he arguably cared about his father as much as he cares about his mom and only needed an excuse to get out of Whale Island. And honestly he's having a good time back home.

Now obviously Jump will do everything in their power to make Togashi bring back Gon, but only time will tell.

>what is Gyro

>"everyone focus on their tasks!"
>leaves Gon's side
>twice

Yeah but why should Gon care about Gyro, especially when he lost his nen and would only be a hindrance to his friends?

*20 volumes, sorry.

THIS. Subtlety >>>>> hamfisted backstories

The small line "Hisoka doesn't like to talk about his past." from the narrator (or Machi in the 2011 anime) was more memorable than any of the 20 chapter flashbacks in Naruto and One Piece.

>lost his nen
speedreaders, everytime

Yeah, I don't feel that he wants that at all. Gon's new goal is to find something he wants to do, and then there's the whole Gyro plot line.

Can you make it any more obvious that you're a 2011fag?

He saw Genthru blow people up but didn't give a single fuck, Gon is a selfish prick. If it was Kurapika or Leorio there who saw Genthru murdering people over a game that they would of made sure that Genthru would never kill again.

Gon should apologize to Nobunaga for being such a hypocrite but by the time he would even find the Phantom Troupe they'll already of been all killed by Hisoka

I don't know about anime in general, but Shonen are basically all like that yeah. It's written for kids, and often with child protagonists.

That, and in order to make a battle shonen interesting there have to be battles, but to keep it fresh there need to be battles over trivial shit.

Yorknew is about thieves robbing an auction, which leads to fights to the death and mass murder.

Naruto's second(?) arc is about a man not being allowed to build a bridge.

It's never about the actions people commit, Shonen are exclusively about clashing ideals and settings are just houses for rampant symbolism and prose, because that's what justice is to most 13 year olds

*tick tock*
hear that, little spider?
*tick tock*
your time is running out.

1. It wasn't true. What's important to Gon is important to Killua, and Gon knows this.
2. Killua put himself at great personal risk executing the plan for the palace invasion. Even if Gon didn't know the details of just how close Killua was to dying, he still knew the position he was putting himself in and never acknowledged it.
3. At some point Gon says to Meloron something to the effect of "even if Killua doesn't like it, if I push enough I always get my way", a sentiment that he might not have expressed directly to Killua, but that has been made clear through his attitude.
4. Gon sacrifices everything for revenge even though people still care about him deeply, chiefly Killua.
5. Gon knows he was in the wrong. That's why he apologized in front of the world tree.

>implying 99 is better than 11
why is Sup Forums so full of contrarians?

2 weeks until Hisoka's spider genocide

>It wasn't true.
He literally admits it was true in the election arc.
>Killua put himself at great personal risk executing the plan for the palace invasion
So did everyone, but how is that relevant? He just said he wasn't emotionally involved with the situation.
>has been made clear through his attitude
>Gon sacrifices everything for revenge even though people still care about him deeply
Yes, Gon is a flawed character. Good job figuring that out you absolute mastermind.
>Gon knows he was in the wrong.
Are you honestly implying they both didn't wrong eachother?

>It wasn't true. What's important to Gon is important to Killua, and Gon knows this.
Stopped reading here. He admits to himself that he didn't care about Kite, but instead Gon validating him. He wants Gon to constantly validate his feelings no matter the situation. It's all about Killua.

Depends on how you interprete it, and your definitions of ''hero'' and ''villain''. I mean, if Hisoka and the Phantom Troupe look as good people to someone i can agree on you, but the actual hero of that arc is a pacifist who designed his power solely to avenge the killers of his clan, who will more than likely keep killing people if no one is able to stop them. Btw, i assume you most of us here are HxH fans and not 13.
I guess that makes us contrarian to each other then. Hey, nothing is wrong with having your taste, as long as you have given 99 a chance.

>Yorknew is about thieves robbing an auction, which leads to fights to the death and mass murder.
And they got away with all of it. So much for "justice"

The thing is HxH has no hero of the story. In some weird perspective you can view anyone as the good guy especially when even Netero could be portrayed in the negative light.

About showing/telling, it's not just nen exposition where it happens. But for example, Hisoka was using cards to slice since his first appearance. We don't need a whole explanation and name for the technique ("shu" IIRC.) Other series do the same thing (imbuing ki into objects) without saying anything.

That particular training was pointless mostly because it didn't really introduce anything new. The fights/results weren't necessarily pointless.
You could make the argument that those characters ended up accomplishing nothing either, but that's not really important.

HxH just reads like a diary more than anything. It's about things that happen to the characters. If the story points out that Kurapika's revenge is hollow, or that Gon is selfish, it doesn't change that fact. There's rarely another side to the story.

What makes something "not shallow"? I don't really feel like HxH is attempting to defend itself on that front. Characters like Wing and Biscuit exist because the plot required them, and that's fine with Togashi. Those characters don't have a stake in anything else going on, and the actual development only happens to a very small group

I dunno, I don't think it's worth the time digging into details for this. The best I can give is impressions. Though, I do feel like One Piece makes an effort to have its characters feel like they would still exist without the plot.

Hisoka is going to become an MC, he is more of a hero than Gon and Killua are. Even though he is doing it for his own personal amusement Hisoka is making the world a better place killing one spider at a time.

>someone is trying to make their weak shitpost that has been dismantled over and over into a pasta
Who could possibly be this pathetic?

That's your opinion.
To me, a good story is about showing the moral conflicts between convinginly good characters and convincingly evil ones, or even the good and evil sides within one character.

Boku no Pico

I'm still unreasonably mad about how they did the whole kaito thing in that anime, so I didn't have time for laughing.
Fuck that. He didn't even have a clear memory of their past encounter

I dislike HxH (from what I've seen) partly because I feel like the lack of proper focus on each of the mc's story-lines makes me a bit detached from the overall events

like YYH's side characters were given narratives that were concise as appropriate to their screen time and synchronized with the dominant plotline following the lead. Compared to HxH where the doctor guy isnt really around often enough to have that impact foil status, much less interesting journey, and blonde guy's revenge plot feels thin to the amount of time spent checking out his Hot Topic chain collection.

All of which is not helped by my lack of interest in the main character himself as, despite the purposeful exaggeration of traits found in his archetype, is way less fun to watch when compared to others like Kid Goku

The idea of a kid finding his deadbeat father through faint clues in a expansive "magic" world *sounds* like an interesting idea but I don't think it meshes well with that bland sort of "what if this superpower guy fights that superpower guy" setup ever-present without a tighter narrative surrounding such circumstances in a world that's a bit too unconnected. To put it simply, it feels like Im watching/reading a rpg/mmo, which I understand the appeal of, but am not interested in myself

Yeah, those Hiso tards just couldn't handle their buttravagement.

Meanwhile, us Chrollo-enjoyers had a great time. It was only natural for Chrollo to beat that Gary Stu Hisoka. Chrollo just used his depth and intellect, he didn't cheat at all. Also, it definitely doesn't make him a Stu that he beat Hisoka in physical combat despite having lower physical stats. That was just Chrollo's depth striking, once again.

>don't immediately recognize eachother
>"i didn't realize you were Ging's son"
>random flashback with no purpose
Seriously, what was the point?

Togashi said in in that movie interview that he plans on revealing the Ryodan's backstory in the future.

Are we still with this, or is just one guy talking to himself?

>haven't caught up
>judges the general narrative of an unfinished work
No one can possibly be this retarded, right? Also it's pretty fucking obvious if you've gone through more than one arc that every arc has a self-contained narrative, even though there are more overreaching plotlines (Yorkshin and the Ryodan in general, Greed Island, Gyro, or even Ging).
Not to mention that if you believe HxH is about "what if this superpower guy fights that superpower guy" you're completely missing the point, HxH uses fights really sparingly compared to most of the genre.
And last but not least, this is another weak ass post you copy pasted. I'm sure you could find smarter ones, or even make your own, if you weren't such a fucking brainlet.

Komugi a shit

>hisocuck false-flagging as a chrollofag false-flagging as a hisocuck false-flagging as a chrollofag.
I bet you thought noone noticed.

Just one guy, he probably thinks it's really funny because he's been going at it for over a year now. I remember when he shitposted about Gon killing Komugi or something like that everyday.

Just gonna say I haven't read that many mangas where they ditch the 'main character' as HxH does.

I want to mate with Pitou

>gets butthurt over Gon telling him he doesn't care
>tells Meleoron he uses Kite's name as a "magic word" immediately afterwards
How do Killuafags defend this?

Don't forget they defend pakirape.

Gon can regain his nen if he tries. He only went back to being a normal person.
The real problem is whether or not his experience and talent for it was lost.
He threw everything away and fought with the intent to die. Given the mental aspect of nen, I'm certain that if Gon just arbitrarily reawakens his nen it'll be hollow. He'll only have a fraction of his original strength at best due the lingering belief that he's cheating and doesn't deserve it anymore.

If Gon ever regains his power, he'll have to have a real reason to do so and will be starting all over again from scratch. He won't just get zapped by someone and go back to using Jajanken like nothing happened.

will she be ex machined back to life? ;_;

post more

I want to rape Pitou.

That's not what i think it says at all. To me, it seems he can't use his aura anymore because part of his pledge was to never use nen again. Ging even reinforces this by telling him he should be consider himself lucky to be alive at all and that he shouldn't ask for more.
If he stays nenless i wonder what direction his character will take if we ever see the Gyro storyline unfold, but it could be interesting.

Not much about Kite but he did go on a 30 hour manhunt and almost died just so to get Gon and Pitou to to meet again.

It's just like Pitou saying that Komugi matters to the person that matters to her. The same can be said about Kite to Killua which is why he went on that manhunt.

Oh fuck off. That's perfectly reasonable.

I adored this scene so much. They depicted his mental anguish over the spectacle of watching the hated enemy of his grovel and beg for time to heal an innocent.

I grew incredibly fond of Gon during this arc.