The artistic peak of the medium

The artistic peak of the medium.
Once you have seen it, all other animes become obsolete.

>3 years old

so true

I guess

Worst Gundam show ever.

DYRL was superior to the original only in animation.

The movie was better than the series and cut out a bunch of bullshit.

i dont get it

Worst idol show ever

>literally becomes a moeblob in the second half

Definitely a classic, but the love story and alien plot became tired and repetitive by the end. Should've been shorter. Also, the two recap episodes really close together sucked, even if one was interesting in a way.

They compliment one another really well. I see them both as part of a whole. Kind of like the Utena and Escaflowne movies. They really don't stand all that well as movies without the show, but if you've seen it, they add a lot to your appreciation of the original.

The show actually had convincing adult women, I.e. Petty little bullshit artists whose veneer of professionalism break down the moment a contested cock is involved

The Utena film stands perfectly well on it's own

No, it makes no fucking sense on its own. It makes perfect sense as an expansion on the themes and aesthetic of the anime.

You're completely wrong. I've watched it after the anime but I can still look at it separately and recognize it as a fine move on its own. I don't know where you got this idea that it makes no sense without the TV series. probably MAL or some shitty youtube reviewer.

I agree

>The Walkures crying while singing ai oboete imasu ka
I don't want them to suffer

I got the idea from watching it and deciding for myself. Dumbass.

MGTOW AMIRITE BRO?

Suffering ruined Freyja. She was never meant to mature and harden against the hard-knocks of life. She was supposed to be a pure beacon of joy. Cour 1 Freyja is the highest calibre of girl and I usually don't buy the genki bullshit.

HEY EVERYBODY

Why?

they're both pretty damn good
and sdf macross was filled with incomplete ideas, due to it getting cancelled prematurely

The last third is really terrible, and ruined an almost perfect show. Should have ended after they defeated the main fleet.

>animes

Pleb: DYRL
Patrician: Macross II: The Movie

DID YOU LISTEN TO HIS SONG

This thread is about the kîno, not the children's toy commercial.

>getting this butthurt because someone criticized your favorite yuri-bait movie
Bruh.

Oh, the kino was fine i guess. Like always, the ''compilation'' movie does not have all the substance of a regular show, but at least they solved the stupid love tringle pretty quick.

>animes
Fuck off.

>Watch SDF, Frontier and Delta
>Actually end up buying Frontier and Walküre CDs
>Watch Macross 7
>Realize how much better Basara is

This is Kaname Buccaneer, Walküre's brave and wise leader. It's her birthday today, so say something nice to her!

Atleast she has one fan
oh wait

I'm pretty sure I've rewatched DYRL like 5 times

Get this shit out of my face. I don't even want to remember when I had all that hope for you.

Is Delta fun? I'm always having urge to watch it when I'm seeing webm/gif rel, but I don't want to be heartbroken.

>Is Delta fun?
It's fun for about 12 episodes. Then it takes a hard turn into mediocrity

it cut out a lot of bullshit but it also cut out most of the good shit

the last 9 episodes were a bit of a drag though

To bad about everything that came after 7.

1st half of the show was incredible, awesome.
2nd part was just meh.