How much better would DBZ have been if it ended after Freeza?

How much better would DBZ have been if it ended after Freeza?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zJfmqxwp3MQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Things would have been 1000x better If Buu never happened and Goten was never born.

>buu arc plot is a carbon copy of android/cell arc plot
>evil old bastard is going to wake up his creation and destroy the world
>heroes warned in advance
>they fuck up and the monster is let loose
>evil guy killed by his own creation
>buu is literally pink cell, he absorbs things to transform and regenerates
>buu arc introduced goten, a generic goku clone that only existed to be a substitute for dead goku
>not one retarded asspull fusion ability, but two different kinds
>two toddlers can go super saiyan for no reason
>they go super saiyan 3 for some reason, something goku could only achieve because he was dead and couldn't run out of energy

Infinitely, most series go on way too long just because they bring in money

Well at least the fusion faggotry wouldn't exist. And the fanbase would be 10 times more tolerable. Buu arc was a mistake.

There is literally NOTHING wrong with Cell's arc.

agreed
youtube.com/watch?v=zJfmqxwp3MQ

>Goku mysteriously gone
>Vegeta left to terrorize earth
Nah

but then there would be no Trunks

>jobbeta
>beating piccolo
You must have missed your daily dose.

>Gohan never really does anything
>Vegeta never goes super saiyan
>No Trunks
>No Super Namek
>No 18

It would've sucked desu

I'm pretty sure this is the one and only time an opponent was literally completely obliterated down to every last cell in their body.

Usually when people take a Kamehameha they're just really beat up. The amount of energy Gohan and Cell put into that blast must have been truly extraordinary.

I guess that makes sense considering the fact that they were pouring everything they had into that for like 20 minutes straight.

Gohan would've stayed a kid that randomly gets strong for ten seconds tops.
Piccolo would never have fused with Kami despite the Grand Elder going on about how much stronger the two were back when they were young.
Vegeta would presumably leave for some reason (likely to become a Super Saiyan too)
Goku would be brought back to life and taken home.
We would've never gotten Android 18 or Mr. Satan.

If only Gohan just tingled his back, he might have been able to reach SSJ3 and blow cell out of the water.

Cell doesn't sound nearly as upset as he did in the original dub.

Dragon Ball was long but I wouldn't say it was obnoxiously long. It has less chapters than Naruto, Bleach and definitely One Piece(300+ less chapters than One Piece actually).

Cell and Buu were fine. It's just there really didn't have to be anything afterwards(e.g. GT and Super).

uggo trunkso

There is a shit load wrong with the Cell arc. Not even the Buu arc has as many issues.

imo the good side of cell's arc heavily outweigh the negatives. Meanwhile you have buu's arc which is laughable. At least cell's arc was consistent with what it was about.

If Cell & Buu never happened, nobody would remember Dragon Ball today and the series would be just another generic old shounen: praised by nostalgiafags, ignored by everyone else.

>At least cell's arc was consistent with what it was about.

Nigga, what? The Cell arc kept switching up villains thanks to Toriyama and his ex-editor like no tomorrow. At least Buu was established as the main threat from the get go.

Buu's arc didn't know what it was gonna be. At first it was about gohan and those wacky demon dudes. Then it switched to goku kicking buu's ass. Then it fucking switched to fusion shit which forever ruined any sense of respect to power scaling. Then it switched back to goku going super saiyan 3 and beating buu who went like 5 forms or something. You can clearly see that toriyama was tired of this shit by then.

Cell was aight. Buu was just why?

Buu's arc was the end, quality-wise and everything else. It was a comic anime at that point. Cell arc was much more dramatic.

No Hercule 0/10

A lot of the Cell arc's drama was just forced. Goku and the others let the Androids awaken just so there would be a plot, Goku gets a convenient heart virus that puts him out of commision, Gohan acts out of character just to start some artificial drama with unleashing his potential, etc.

Honestly this power level shenanigans became so ridiculous. Nothing impresses you anymore.

So who cares if the new bad guy is 60 jewrillion times stronger than the last one? Goku's gonna get a new hairdo and save the day while even obscuring the support characters further more.

Buu Saga was garbage, but i'll also throw out the point that his design is interesting and he is an iconic villain.

introducing a flat out numerical number for powerlevels can really fuck you over i feel

The problem with the series after DB was that they only focused on the fucking Saiyans and their alien foes, when clearly all the less powerful cast members that we met prior to DBZ are a lot more fun and interesting.

I'd kill for a solo Piccolo story, or adventures of Bulma and the canadian cop who only appeared in one episode.

had to check comments for falconer vs original ost

was not disappointed

>tfw some dork tries to tell you it's wrong to like the falconer ost

You have terrible taste

It should've ended at Cell, but:
1. Either Vegeta should've stayed dead or Goku should've died on Namek.
2. Piccolo should've have been lifted to somewhat fill their respective shoes instead, make a bigger deal out of the fusion with Kai.
3. Gohan should've been more featured in the arc instead of doing nothing and then randomly stealing the show in the end.
IMO the best option would've been to combine it with Buu arc's theme of passing the torch. But then again, it would never happen because Toriyama is a huge pussy afraid to offend the fans and is incapable of writing anything that would have a consequence.

That would've been awful. Cell saga was nice to tie up many plot points and Buu saga was very fun, and had the perfect ending with the spirit Bomb.

Note is pure!

Wasn't his editor notoriously bad about forcing him to do shit he didn't want to? I thought he wanted to end Dragon Ball after the first time they summoned Shenron but his Editor demanded he keep it going because it was popular.

No proof of anyone forcing him to do anything. However there's proof that he's extremely easily influenced; in of the reviews he states that he had plans to keep Cell's 2nd stage around longer but chenged it when his editor told him he looks like a dunce. It's plain to see how reader's reception would influence him easily to do shit like keeping Vegeta around, bringing Goku back etc.

>It was a comic anime at that point
>implying that's not what the manga was about since the very beginning

Did you even read the first part of Dragonball?

nobody cares

>How much better would DBZ have been if it ended after Freeza?
>posts pic of Cell saga

The pic symbolizes when DBZ went to shit.

best shit ever

It's why I dropped Nanatsu no Taizai after seeing one panel. I knew where that shit was going and the pages are going to be filled with 0s with bigger numbers before the manga ends, with bad guys adding 2 or 3 at a time just to make things more dramatic.

I liked it better when they all just had silly moves that randomly countered each other for no reason. Adding numbers just makes certain characters useless and the useful ones resort to asspulls. Its always
>"Ok, I brought my power from xx to xxx let's fight the boss."
>Boss almost loses with xxx power level.
> Reveals his true power is xxxxx
>One hero ass pulls to xxxxxxx
>Everyone else stuck at xxx is screwed for every other arc
At least during Cell saga a lot of characters "caught up" to SSJ. If it ended there most of the cast would've been near the same level with only Gohan championing everyone else with a plot device he had since Raditz

Truth be told, NnT hasn't really brought it up too much, but it's definitely reared it's ugly head again recently after a dream sequence into the past leveled up King/Diane.

Plus, only time i really care about the number is when they're comparing full blown praise the sun Escanor to everyone else

It sucks cause I really did love the cast and the first arc was really fun. If it really hasn't devolved to shit I might pick it back up.

My point on cell saga still stands. Power levels made sense through out and every surge was at least foreshadowed at some point in the show.

The Buu saga always gets a pass from me because it was a good culmination of the character arcs of both Gohan and Vegeta. For all of its sins, it handled those two nicely.

>good culmination of the character arcs of both Gohan and Vegeta. For all of its sins, it handled those two nicely.
You're retarded. Gohan had no character arc whatsoever in the arc and Vegata was constantly going between hateboner for Goku and accepting his inferiority to him since androids and Buu arc did jackshit to him.

They both kept going back and forth in the series (Gohan going back and forth between meekness and overconfidence; Vegeta going back and forth between hatred and respect for Goku), but they both hit a balance by the end of their arcs (and they both had them during this saga whatever you may deny), Gohan with his self-confidence and a new girlfriend/wife, and Vegeta with his respect and newfound friendship with Goku. Also the whole part with Majin Vegeta where he finally comes to accept his new life on Earth and his new family.

Gohan found no balance, he got overconfident after the powerup and dropped the ball again.
Vegeta went through nearly the same shit (only with less middle-age crisis) during androids, with Trunks.