Any news on where yabuki goes next? Will he do a new series or just pick up TLR later?

Any news on where yabuki goes next? Will he do a new series or just pick up TLR later?

I kind of hope he does a different ecchi series.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/155751807/#155755030
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why has no one tried to mimic his perfect art style yet?

>perfect art style

Because it's inferior to the Tsugumomo art style.

He wants to do battle shounen. Might have missed the time when he was drawing Black Cat. Or just getting tired of drawing monotonous face-to-crotch antics in every single TLRD chapter.

I still think he's going to put some ecchi in his future works but maybe not as abrasive as TLRD.

So something like Fairy Tail or Maken Ki?

He said he wants to do a battle shonen. He also said he'd like to do a magical girl series staring Mikan. Maybe he'll decide to combine the two ideas, and we'll get a "To-Love-Ru Magical Mikan." I think a Prisma-style spinoff of TLR with reiterations of the various characters could be pretty fun.

Or just goes full DBZ like Negima.

Nah, that ended like utter shit.

And when I say ended, I mean the entire magic world arc.

If you want more if the perfect style try pic related

He has been talking about doing a continuation of Black Cat after TLR for a while so maybe that? I personally would love it if he could make a full series out of the Futagami Double oneshot.

This isn't even true

TLR got canned? But its super interesting, a real man's manga

>TLR got canned?
Darkness ended but it certainly didnt get canned. Made too much money.

>3dpd

Nice try FBI.

>tfw no scenes with Rito's mom

shonenshit is where good artists go to die

He can keep drawing but he really needs to get a writer that will actually tell a fucking story with progress. Without that he's better off just posting pictures on his twitter.

I thought I was the only one who did this

Lala just can't stop being so fucking sexy. Nice mounds.

>just getting tired of drawing monotonous face-to-crotch antics in every single TLRD chapter.
Then he should have taken TLR even farther.

more turbo-chuuni perfectly aimed gun ricochets and eve (not yami) fanservice is ok by me
eve was also really fun to play in jump ultimate stars (mainly because she was the only char with a forced char swap that wasn't total ass)

Is she handling The Cock !?

>mangafox

We all know how this will end. Give it a year or two and he will crawl back to TLR and drawing Rito falling on boobs.
We can only hope that in meantime someone will strangle Hasemi and replace him with a writer less allergic to developments.

1/2

To Love Ru Darkness started as nothing more than a self indulgent fantasy on my part. I managed to rope Mr Hasemi into helping me write a spinoff for the original To Love Ru series, but the spinoff ended up with the same number of volumes, and had a longer run than the original.
This was all thanks to all of your passionate support . I am grateful from the bottom of my heart.
I would like to discuss the sequence of events that lead to the conclusion we are at today.
I came to the resolution to end TLRD around May or June of 2016 - around the 10 year anniversary that Mr. Hasemi and everyone involved helped me to reach.
There were several reasons for my decision, but first and foremost, I felt that original concept of the "Darkness" story that revolves around Momo and Yami had run its course with this last volume.
Another reason was that both readers and the authors had become too accustomed to the influx of color illustrations. I thought that it would be a good time to for a cool down period.
Furthermore, Darkness now consists of 18 volumes, just as the original did. I also thought it would be best to wrap up after having completed the 10 year anniversary. The editor-in-chief and other people involved were understanding of my decision.
I don't ever want to take a break from drawing manga, so there it was tough for me to come to this decision. The fact that this work was so important to me is precisely why I couldn't simply let Darkness drag on forever.
Seeing as it has come to an end, at the present I think my next work will be something other than To Love Ru.
But for me, the comfy world of To Love Ru still has material to expand on, and I have been secretly tossing around the idea of doing a Magical Girl story with Mikan as the main character. (lol) If there is a time and place where I can draw that, I would honestly love to do it.
One day..!
With your continued support To Love Ru will never die!!
Thank you, and I look forward to your future support!!
-Yabuki

2/2

The Darkness story arc has come to an end.

Darkness started as a spinoff to build on the characters' relationships from the original series with new developments that didn’t take away from the original. We were able to keep it going for 10 years.

In completing 18 volumes of Darkness, I am satisfied with the development of Momo’s feelings from the original series.

There was further development for Lala and Haruna, but I was merely writing it as an extension of the original series. This volume (18) reached a sort of middle ground where the answer to “what will happen in the end?” is yet to be seen.

Everyone is wondering what the future holds, but we don’t know yet. This is the end of Darkness, but I would like everyone to keep in mind that this is not the end for To Love Ru.

Finally, I would like to thank the editorial staff, the anime production staff, the voice actors, artists, and game production staff. And of course, a huge thank you to the readers!

Until another day!

-Hasemi Saki
This is from the last volume by the way. I'm just reposting the translation from desuarchive.org/a/thread/155751807/#155755030

So basically he spoiled us too much and wants us to calm down.
What he's doing now? There's a Hatena Illusion (LN Yabuki did Illustrations for) anime coming up. Maybe he'll help with that.

what the fuck I just skimmed a few chapters of tsugumomo that shit doesn't even come close.

What are you talking about?

Not convinced this isn't Yabuki in his freetime.

>To Love Ru Darkness started as nothing more than a self indulgent fantasy on my part. I managed to rope Mr Hasemi into helping me write a spinoff for the original To Love Ru series, but the spinoff ended up with the same number of volumes, and had a longer run than the original.

Wait, so TLRD was an afterthought spinoff that just happened to grow big, not something preplanned as a full-fledged sequel? Meaning TLR ending was actually supposed to be the resolution of the series? Good Lord, the last chapters of Darkness already lowered my expectations, but this shit convinced me there are absolutely no developments to look forward to. Yabuki can as well just produce more art books.
Fucking nips and their garbage writing.

He should continue with a 3rd series. Drop momo cause she is a shit that took too much screentime which made other actual good characters suffer.

And at the end of the 3rd series either make Rito marry lala or have his harem

Mikan is the best part of TLR.

>I kind of hope he does a different ecchi series.
I look forwardto Eve Mk.III

>reading To.love-ru for the plot

Whatever he does, I hope Hasemi Saki never touches it.

The guy's a fucking hack. Honestly, Yabuki'd probably write a better story by himself.

>Wait, so TLRD was an afterthought spinoff that just happened to grow big, not something preplanned as a full-fledged sequel?
Exactly, it was just the fans who kept repeating their hopes and opinions ("it's just called a spin-off because it's published in a different magazine") until everybody believed it.
The way they reset almost everything to where it was at the end of the first series is what indicates to me that there will be a real sequel one day unless the fans are too salty and don't want ot any more.

No. I read Black Cat and it wasn't really that good story-wise.
If anything, Hasemi allowed Yabuki to concentrate on drawing, which was his forte.
A sequel happening in the near future would be a welcome development.

Is this what Rito sees every single day?

>no more Mikado pages

>mangafox
Go away.

>mangafox

No, he sees even better things.

Rito is still canonically a virgin, isn't he?

You are wrong.

Maybe he should have just given TLR:D a deeper story.

this

Didn't nopan darkness accidentaly Fallen on rito's Dick with following pained expression?

He should've just made it more interesting.

MUH DICK

Link?

Lurk the fuck more.

Or move TLR into space, focus on Devilukian politics, like factions against the human heir, and give Rito lewd-powered battle suit. That would achieve:
- lots of battles to humor Yabuki, as Rito can now beat the shit out of aliens,
- battles with qt grills involved, since most of his harem has sick power level,
- Rito being a tiny bit less of a non-character,
- an actual plot,
- an excuse to lewd girls without relying on accidents all the time,
- change of mood, pacing and scenery.

Imagine them being invited to galactic parties. What an opportunity for diplomatic incidents.

>There's a Hatena Illusion
The author died, no real ending

Mikan A SHIT
Haruna a shit why she yes and not mikado and tearju no

Nah. TLR has always been about enjoyable times. It's not supposed to be angsty and shit, or even full of powerlevel action.
The weakest parts of TLR were actually the battle action arcs, so much so, that the Japanese couldn't wait until regular hijinks restarted again.
Because in battle arcs, nothing progresses really. It's just fighting. And for a monthly manga, that's pushing it.
Waste one year on a single fight? Fuck no.

>Because in battle arcs, nothing progresses really.
Neither it does in other ones. That's the problem.

And I didn't think about some CRAWLING IN MY SKIN edgy war zone, it can be done in a lighthearted way. Although I'd rather see focus on romance than power levels.
Then again, at this point I'd take anything that would make this series graduate from
>MUH HARUNA
>BUT MUH LALA
>FUCK OFF MOMO
>WHOOPS THE BOOBS
>RUN AWAY

Literally almost nothing happens in battles, is the point. And you end up using two, three, five, six, however many chapters to finish the job. Most of the time, battle arcs concentrate on simply one or two heroines. What's that? Three to six months for two heroines at most? Waste.
In the normal monthly hijinks, you can have things happen for one or two heroines every month.
There's clearly more development in a non-battle oriented storyline, which is why even the Japanese complained when Yabuki had extended battle arcs for TLRD. It's clearly a waste of time for a monthly serialization.

>graduate from the shit that literally makes the series
Maybe you should just try another series, user?

every day i patiently await magical girl mikan.

Magical Yui loli

I actually never thought those little battle arcs were bad, and I don't see how story focusing on some character for several chapters is bad, as it's an indicator of some coherent plot and character development. Focus on Mea and Nana, focus on Yami, focus on Namesis, all preceded developments in TLRD. The other ones worth mentioning were Momo's confession, which was slowly build up through entire series and Rito/Haruna's confession that could fire at pretty much any time.
And I beg you, stop bringing up nips, we all know the shittier something is, the more they like it.

>the shit that literally makes the series
Lack of developments and falling on boobs doesn't make the series, Yabuki's godlike art does.
Well, at least for me, but so it happens that my opinion is the only one I care about.

>falling on boobs doesn't make the series
It really does.

Again, it's not "falling on boobs". It's "boobs". The difference is, we can also have "boobs" without the "falling on" part.
This can be achieved for example by slowly developing MC into character that isn't a walking insult to humanity.

But what do I know, maybe a completely static beta male protagonist really is the pinnacle of writing and having him actually do something for a change, like taking his balls out of his purse, wouldn't make things more enjoyable.

Yabuki's art is based on his TLR works being happy go lucky.
Never really enjoyed the art in Black Cate or his one-shot.
Almost every single harem anime or show with a "badass" protagonist has never really sold well, because it's too chuuni as fuck. And the moment you take their balls out of their purses, the only thing that will happen at that point is endless cockblocks. Because having sex willingly in a shonen manga is going to affect who can buy the tankoubons.
Rito is okay for what it is he does in the genre and demographic he's in.
Rito has grown.
If this was the Rito of TLR vanilla, he would have given Lala up if Haruna confessed to her. Now, things have developed so hard with Lala, he can't imagine giving her up now even with Haruna right in front of him.

Those tits really look so soft.

So he's taking the Ken Akamatsu path?
Including a horrible end for his last harem manga?

>never did a mother/son chapter

What a disappointment.

Yabuki at this point can do whatever he wants. He already gain enough money from To-Love-Ru to rest a long a time. The only reason why he would still continue to work now is because of his passion for making manga.

TLR: Pitch black

I like it.

Pitch Black: The Color Of Nemesis' Panties

He has a twitter?

You lost me at Rito getting involved in fights. No thanks.

So Lala is a magical girl who crash lands on earth. She looses her powers and has to give Peke to Mikan. Mikan uses Peke to transform into her magical girl form. Lala's sisters show up and help or cause problems for Mikan.

The big enemy is Darkness, an organization led by Master Nemesis and her two sisters, Yami and Mea. Their goal is to destroy the world (or just cause chaos depending on how comedic the manga is supposed to be). Yami is Mikan's first enemy and rival. The two end up becoming friends and Yami defects.

Not sure how we could get the rest of the cast involved. Any ideas?

But Nemesis doesn't wear panties.

What's the deal with Tsugumomo? I've heard it has TLR levels of fanservice but the girls are all average looking. Maybe it has decent action but Tsugumomos best girl can't compete with tLRs worst one.

Lala's body is pretty much perfect to me.

Just read oglaf. Its a way better written ecchi than this piece of shit

read the manga, ignore the anime
the first few arcs are slow but it gets better
and so is the fanservice

I'd like something like FD, that wasn't FD.

What, did torabu match its end?

*meet

Yabuki wasn't the writer, he was the artist which in this case was the entire reason to follow the series in the first place.