Were the 90s/early 2000s really better than now, or do you think it's just nostalgia?

Were the 90s/early 2000s really better than now, or do you think it's just nostalgia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJbB1gsjgbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w2YX8l_YNsk
youtu.be/eFTLKWw542g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck are you talking about? it was much much better. Employment was based much more on skill and much less on identity politics. Some women even lost divorce winnings back then!!

90's were better

Latency on CRTs was perfect. The death of the twitch shooter is partial to the shitty latency of LCD monitors.

>most here were younger and had hope for the future (milenials)
>the economy was better
>people actually had jobs

I wonder...

The 2000s especially the early parts were, Women actually behaved themselves then. However In the 90's and 2010s not so much. Something about when liberals control the country, women misbehave and become unbearable to be around.

>the abuse she suffered in hollywood

90’s were better. There want such a divide in this country. No FB No twatter. People had to deal with each other face to face so it was more respectful.

>Were the 90s/early 2000s really better than now, or do you think it's just nostalgia?

All eras before the internet era were better. We live in an age in which we have relationships with machines rather than humans, and those machines spy on us for big brother.

When you scrape up money to buy the newest iphone, you're like Winston at the end of 1984

Who here remembers when hairy pussy was normal?

The 90s sucked. 80s was peak America.

mixture of nostalgia and the grass is always greener syndrome

I agree alot with this. There was much less of a need for Waifuism, and Mgtow back then because women were more tolerable. One downside though was if you were in love with a cartoon character it was seen as strange, meanwhile today people are more understanding as the older generation and our peers see how awful the women we have in our generation are and understand that if they were in our shoes, they probably would have had a Lum Invader Waifu pillow if that was an option.

>death of the twitch shooter
user...

None of my girls on the 90’s had hairy pussy. They all kept it shaved up. The “real” blond I had I made her keep a little blond landing strip.

LAN parties were the shit.

See how all those people are interacting even while using a computer? Yeah it was much better. Even using the computer was a more involved process than what we currently experience. So yes.

in the 90's we still didn't notice the browinng of america quite yet and it was okay. the 00's were kinda shit. videogames were cool until like 2005.

Weird. All mine did. Trimmed but hairy. I only ran into my first shaved pussy in 2003

pls tell more - what did she suffer?

Better

You had to be there. If you were born into hip hop orgy world you won't know the difference.

Much better...even with 9/11.

Still love blink and sum41....american pie was about my life.

No, everyone was still blue pilled

I live in a very hot and humid state and in the summer here pubs and summer humidity don’t go together. Plus we spent all summer at the beach so shaved it had to be.

Where are the twitch shooters? It's all slogging through mud then holding a button to raise your weapon. There was a huuuuge timespan with nothing notable

We live in an age where grown men make a living talking about toys and games on the internet. The blue pills have only gotten worse.

My dad: minimum wage is $4/hour and I make $20, feels good

Me: minimum wage is 12/hour and I make $20, feels bad

You sure do make this thread a lot.

As always, no shit they were better.

>Dianne Feinstein saying this
youtube.com/watch?v=fJbB1gsjgbQ

>GAME = Awesome experience, tons of reply value, then you fucking try multiplayer with a huge community
>GAME = Day 1 DLC $10 EQUIPMENT PERK PACK, LOOTBOX OMG CHANCE TO GET COOL SHIT MAN

We still had wigger culture in the 90s and 00s. It was shitty. But lan parties were fun. Technology was more involved. Women were more feminine

Absolutely shameful. Pubes coming out of the top of a ladies bikini is fucking hot.

starcraft

In 99 Everquest having 100k subscribers was a big deal. Now every mmo that doesnt get 15million subs is a dud.

>tfw they all used high sensitivity on quake since mice couldnt handle high speeds

Makes sense... Its a lot colder up here.

If you were born into give-preteens-hormones-world you won't know the difference.

They were awesome

/End of thread

Those guys are literally a bunch of nerds playing Quake at a Lan party but they don't look like a group of total autistic retards. Look at the fat, feminine man-children playing League of Legends today and most of these guys look like chads comparatively. And I bet none of them has transitioned into being a woman either.

awww sheeeit Quake 3 on the screen. fuck yea.

As much as i loved to LAN, online features kept getting so good there was no point to lug a 20 lb computer 20 miles just to be in the same room to play online game with decent voip. But it was nice for the co-op factor.

nerds created amazing opportunity with the internet

females + sex starved losers are actively destroying its potential with glee

like a retard thumping its chest faster and faster

Last 100 years where shit.

cell phones werent ubiquitous yet so that was kind of nice but otherwise not much as changed.

>tfw never participated in a crt lan party in the mid 90s playin counter-strike

I did go to the internet cafe though early 90's.. i miss 30 man counterstrike lan games :(

Can confirm. I started working as a programmer out of college with no degree. Learned on the job and worked my way through community college.

Now I'm making $115,000 a year living on the cheap in the midwest. I legitimately feel bad for this generation. They'll never know true midwest white culture.

It was about getting snacks and hijinks along with 18 hr sessions.

Asherons call was my jam ;3 Then FFXI....
>(I still play eq on p99)

I flipped my shit when my friend said there were 3 races and 3 campaigns. Only flipped my shit harder when I fucking hit + and turned the game speed to fastest instead of the default setting.

It was way better. Jobs were plentiful, gas was 1.39/gal until 9/11, degeneracy was largely only for teenagers and involved drinking/fucking but no trannies or super weird shit. There were so many good action movies and they weren’t loaded with politically correct bullshit. Niggers knew their place and everyone knew there was a difference between Michael Jordan and your average nigger. DLC didn’t exist. People interacted in real life. No smartphones. It was just a simpler time.

>fucking this
90s was better then 2000s tho
I usually rate decades on music

well you have to keep in mind for a real oldschool lan party you'd have to haul those huge and heavy monitors and towers all over the place. it might have offset some of the cheetos caloric intake back in the day. but you're right, those guys don't look like total spergs or boogie size level loser fatasses.

Counter Strike is the literal definition of a twitch shooter. It's been around since HL1. It's now more popular than ever, in fact it's one of the most popular games of all time .

>UT99

Things were much like today, SJWs, feminist and thug culture existed, but it wasn't as 'in-your-face' as it is today, as it became with the advent of accessible social media. In fact, social media is the catalyst that is causing mental illness to accelerate far beyond the rate of its initial growth. 2010-2015 was equivalent to 1960-2000, as far as growth is concerned. The acceleration is either good or bad, either liberalism will crash or the country will crash. Something's gotta give.

We'll find out in the next five years.

Me too, user.:(

Nigga I played CS from 1.3 to 1.6, CS:S, then dropped that like hot shit after CS:GO. How is that new?

>1337 Krew 4 lief

I miss all the great maps, the fucking camping, and shooting the turd on milita

I don't think you've grasped how much of a social impact phones have actually had.

cs only came out in like 1998 dude

It's not just nostalgia. That's what ignorant people say about previous generations. They're in denial.

Prove it faggot

yeah because im an incel sperg so nothing has changed from my perspective.

honestly, degenerncy back then was so fucking tame.

Skateboarding? Seriously thats what pissed people off.
Sex in the back seat of the car.
Getting drunk at a house party?

Now common place degeneracy is chopping off your dick, being a nazi, and shooting up a school.

yes. they were better

it's not abuse if she consent to the price and take the money.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2YX8l_YNsk

In general I think there is a big dissconenct from the 90's to today. In America at least the 90's did not have the economic failures as that ere endured in the 00's. Also if you look at the way commercializing and entertainment to children seemed a lot less scripted and harmless. Also technology was at a point where people were still hoping for an advanced future where now we fear the mass joblessness that might be caused by AI. All in all the 90's felt better but I do not think I would go back.

Can you imagine if Sup Forums existed during the Columbine Massacre?

Would Dylan and Eric have posted here?

The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there.

OP, I was born in 1978 and can attest that although an aesthetic/cultural wasteland, the 90's and before 9/11 were a fucking golden age compared to this era. I wish I had been born 30 years earlier and had seen our civilization at its peak with only a few years left before clocking out for good!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/eFTLKWw542g

they would have been on rb9k until they decided to chop their dicks off and be eachother's girlfriends, streaming sexy makeout sessions and becoming millionaires before committing suicide

No fucking shitskins in my city, just a few niggers and vietcong.Yes it was much better.

Why were you dictating how your daughters maintained their pubic hair?

1981 and i agree with you.

I did enjoy the 80s music.....but the coming of age in the mid to late 90s was awesome.

lol yes, every other mass shooter since 2004 has been a Sup Forumstard

Now this is xer-posting

Born in 84' to a prostitute mother who married a 60 year old dude who died of cancer when I was 2. My life has been a series of painful disappointments so I cannot share your nostalgia.

Lan parties were fun
do people still do that or does everyone just play online now?

1990 style

Shame you haven't swallowed a bullet by now.

90's to early 00's post-hardcore and screamo/emo music will always have a special place in my heart.

>at least im 100% white

The 90s were great, as were the early 00s -- not AS good as the 90s, but still up there.

Yes, it was really shit music and I’ll never forget just how shit it was.

Honestly were in the worst era since the early 70s

Over 30 years of Keynesian economics and neoliberal presidents have brought America down and now were in a time of social media polarizing both political sides while the country is being run by corporations who seek to enrich them only

the convenience of gaming today allows for 8 year old's to yell "nigger" over and over again. Also seems to make people more autistic as they can't function around people.

same gang of gamers for many years

One more. These event lasted for 3-4 days

Drugs were a lot cheaper back when so yea.

Ayy, I was born to a prostitute heroin addict mom.

i fucking hate twitter.
i fucking hate facebook.
i fucking hate smartphones.

The whole entire internet was like Sup Forums. IRL was much more civilized. People would actually hold conversations with you while standing in line. Everyone seemed much nicer.

yes. must turn off the sound today. We sat mainly silent..cheering as event dictated, more like a football game than a constant stream of conscientiousness

Honestly, yes. The last two decades have kinda blended into each other. Really bland compared to the 90s/80s

The worst part was having to keep " The secret " during childhood. I remember going to church and being taken aside during sunday school and GRILLED about what my mom did for a living.

Yeah, it was better. At least I liked it more. The big social differences were 1) no cell phones; 2) no socialmedia; 3) bare bones or no Internet.

Hanging out was more fun. You would all go as a group, pick out a movie at Blockbuster and go back to someone's place and check that out. Go as a group to a movie. Dating was fucking WAY better. None of this social media whoreing shit. Blockbuster again

I don't know it seems "easier" than today with hyper-media-connectivity shit.

Tech? Not so much

SJW visibility and recognition levels? Excellent.

I remember when I didn't care about the Gay or "opressed" communities because they didn't exist. I used to be a centirst until the left lost their collective fucking minds and started treating mental illness and people who were solely seeking attention with any real credibility. Now I find myself cringing daily.

QUAD DAMAGE!

No, Russian was a literal piece of shit after collapsing USSR. There were a lot of thugs and criminals.
Now it's much better.

On the other hand, they western degeneracy is getting closer to us...

I installed quake II on 12 highschool PCS and got a ton of people into the game. I also went on a four week streak without being killed while I trained them through pain.