Can we all agree these are the two worst shonen protags?

Can we all agree these are the two worst shonen protags?

We cannot.

Nope. Deku is a great protag.

While Gon is the worst of his show. Deku is just plain and boring (like this whole manga).

If you're an idiot, sure

In fact, these are the most complex protags of the magazine right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should love them, but they have dramatic layers.

Deku is shit.
Gon isnt even the protagonist anymore, it's time for pic related.

Deku is a cool guy.

>Gon
>not the best protag in current WSJ
Found the underage narutard.

Deku is far from being the worst, user. This is more of a comment on how absolutely dogshit shonen protagonists can get.

that will luffy OP

Yeah, especially when nardo exists.

So what's wrong with him?

Nah, you wouldn't know a good protag even it hit you.

I'm not my dad! I'm my own original character; Boruto!!

>fateshitter

I like Deku since he ends up thinking of strategies to win or survive a fight. His power is kinda garbage for that. The fight against that strong dude where he won by just punching harder was dumb.

Gon is also nice since he is creative in his fights. Thinking up things on the spot but is still weak compared to a lot of other experienced hunters.

Gon is basically the worst piece of shit ever conceive in anime and manga. I'm indifferent to Deku, I don't dislike him but I wouldn't say I like him even if my life were in stake, even Goku is a million times better.

You do know that I'm just randomly picking reaction images, right?

gtfo with bort hate

Name a good shounen protag.
Shounen doesn't need good protags. All it needs are tournament arcs and two-page action spreads.

Pitou's not coming back, friend

>Sataniashitter

Wholly fuck, my opinion of you is just plummeting every time you post. Please, just stop.

>Gon is basically the worst piece of shit ever conceive in anime and manga.
Why do you think so user?

Yusuke.

Hinata.

selfinsert dekufags
>3DPD pic
fuck off summerfags and read the rules

He said protag. Don't give secondary characters.
not to mention, early Naruto was pretty good when it wasn't about Naruto

Oh user, you won't see me post that often.

I like him, but he's not perfect or anything. They seem to have taken him too far in the opposite direction of being a happy-go-lucky brainless hothead that most shonen protags are, making him an analytical crybaby and a nervous wreck, which in its own way can be just as annoying and grating.

It's more accurate to say that Deku is just above mediocre as a protagonist in writing quality, and just by doing that he already manages to outshine a bunch of shonen protags who are just written so fucking terribly.

Gon is a great protagonist, what are you talking about?

Well naruto was a character with personality and depth from the jump, deku and gon are shallow and generic.

don't like either naruto or deku but deku is far less generic than naruto.

Naruto is way more generic than Deku, user.

Why is it always these two that get used for shitposting?

>People only started acknowledging Gon's existence during the CA arc
>People are triggered by an overly emotional protagonist so they hate Deku

Sums it up pretty well.

I'll agree if you can explain what makes them bad.
Protip: you can't.

I like characters that go crazy while fighting so they don't bother me

Screechy retarded autist who acts completely counter to the job he has isn't personality. Deku and gon have literally grown more than him. Naruto almost threw all of his goals away just to deal with an edgelord traitor who almost murdered both of his own love interests. There has never ever been anything redeeming about naruto sakura or sasuke everyone just liked the setting and forgave kishimito for writing the most unlikable main characters I've seen in a shonen.

>HxH picking up popularity
>hivemind will now hate it and pretend nobody ever liked it in the first place
Sometimes I wonder why do I keep coming to this site

Don't know the guy on the right but Gon is great. Yusuke is PROBABLY more relatable but Gon's fun.

Joseph

>HxH
Don't you mean MHA? HxH's boost is over

Why is Gon bad? I just picked up Hunter x Hunter. Watching episode 35 where he is about to face Hisoka after mastering Nen

You relate more to a school delinquent who picks fight and cares for no one

It picked up popularity years ago.
Gon isn't bad. Compared to other shonen protags, he's one of the best.

>Yes I insert as a guy who only way he can fight is by breaking his body.
And not because I enjoy the mad man.

1. Kenshin and Gintoki
2. Edward (2003)
3. Yuusuke and Gon
4. Yoh
5. Deku

You misspelled Jolyne

>Why is Gon bad?
He's not much of a character and every around him is vastly more interesting even fucking Leerio. People only started giving a shit about him during the Chimera Ants arc and now he's some DECONSTRUCTION OF THE SHOUNEN LEAD.

I think all of the Digimon main protags were good except for 02, Tamers, and Young Hunters

>X is not much of a character and every around him is vastly more interesting even fucking Y
Why can you say this about so many anime protagonists, Sup Forums?

Now that you mention it it does apply to most protagonists. Can you need a shounen protagonist who is also the most interesting character in the cast as well?

O

>cares for no one
You gotta pass episode 1.
Don't come back to Sup Forums till you finish at least Chapter Black.

>He's not much of a character
You're going to have to elaborate on this.

It's so sad but this is true. Though I don't mind Gon, he's not super. But he's probably the only one I like currently.

It was nowhere near mainstream. Probably the least known shonen out of them all. I suspect the visual blandness of MCs is the cause but anyway, now that it will get back from hiatus, people are doing videos on HxH and we all know how youtubers are influentional

Hajime Hinata.

HXH?
It's easily the best battle shounen and is among the best known. Bleach and Naruto just is better because young teens like it. But HXH is very well known.

Deku is much better than Gon, Gon doesn't really get much development until the Greed Island and Chimera Ant arcs, although his development in the CA arc is BAD.

Gon is a deconstruction, not that deconstruction always means good. Gon's attitude towards fighting is crazy in universe and out Goku's attitude towards fighting isn't seen as crazy inuniverse but definitely is to the viewer.

There's nothing about him that makes him interesting hence why people have to use headcanon all the damn time to explain what makes him intersting
>H-h-h-h-he's a sociopath because he threaten a villain WHO KILLED HIS FUCKING MENTOR along with an accomplice
And this is considered refreshing to people who've read nothing but Naruto and Bleach all their lives.l Outside that there's really nothing to him that's different from the average protagonist and its obvious that Togashi that puts a lot more effort into the side cast than Gon.

Sakuragi

>It was nowhere near mainstream. Probably the least known shonen out of them all

It fucking sold more than One Piece until 2009, had a successful TV series and OVAs and also games. This is like saying that Dragonball Z wasn't mainstream until Super all that came about is that a new audience were re-introduced to it through the remake and not much else

A good protag but Hajimeme isn't a shonen protag.
Although he would make a good one.

Isn't Danganronpa shounen? It's not seinen.

Its a videogame. And he's barely in the anime.

Boruto is actually nice

>. Gon's attitude towards fighting is crazy in universe and out Goku's attitude towards fighting isn't seen as crazy
The god of fucking destruction literally told Goku that he was insane also Gon's behavior isn't seen as crazy either hell Killua was more upset that Gon wasn't listening to him and not the fact that he threatened to murder an innocent little girl.

best boy

>MUH HOPE

Fuck off

Shounen is a demographic. It applies to anime/manga/videogames.

>MUH ____
That's not an argument. Also, you confused him for a totally different character, dipshit.

Everyone, laugh at this faggot.

Fuck Black fag

Pic unrelated

Isn't Death the Kid the only good character? I gave up watching the series in its entirity and jsut watched his episodes and enjoyed it that way.

>NO U
Great argument

You clearly shown that you weren't paying attention so this post means nothing.

>Isn't Death the Kid the only good character?
Yep. Soul is a pretty nothing character and Black Star is annoying

Okay, confirmed troll.
Or confirmed idiot who can't admit he got the wrong character.
Probably the latter right?

You confused him for Makoto Naegi.

>implying Soul ain't a good protagonist

Blackstar would be annoying if he was the protagonist but as a side character he's pretty good

I never implied anything about Soul

Only black fag

Soul is cool too wtf

Not really. I'm never seen anyone praise Soul for anything than just being there and BS is an annoying character regardless

Didn't Maka become more of the protagonist as the story went on?

What happened with that? It felt really, well, kinda incomplete I guess?

Speedreader ahoy. He's been called crazy by several characters. One of which is a mass murdering psychopath.

they're good seinen protags

Blackstar ain't that bad, he's like Naruto but doesn't go "muh feelings" and doesn't think he's a philospher

Almost any character in Soul Eater was less annoying that Black Star

>Wow...its fucking nothing

This is why you don't take HxHfags seriously folks.

It will be a short boost. Just wait until the new readers get up to date with the latest chapter and see how long ago it was released

seeing as like 99% of shounen protagonist are annoying as hell, Soul just being there is better than most

I fucking hope not

yeah I dunno, the ending was all over the place

You could strip practically every defining characteristic of any character and say they aren't interesting aside from those features, that's stupid.

>seeing as like 99% of shounen protagonist are annoying as hell, Soul just being there is better than most
That's not how it works. Maybe you just need to read more manga in general

So no argument. Thanks for not wasting my time, kiddos