Why does everyone get triggered if a Millennial is Individualistic or Unique?

Yeah I know you are rebelling against the you are special meme but just because I was caught up and born in this time doesn't mean I have no right to embrace my uniqueness and individuality.

No other generation is treated as bad when they are unique or individualistic. I think it's part of an attempt to mold Millennials into this uniform collectivist blob.

Other urls found in this thread:

unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>everyone
bit of an exaggeration Tbh

Really? The "You are a special snowflake" and "YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL" mentality is everywhere. People also target Millennials for it, not only their own generation but older generations too.

Because everything your gen does seems insincere and derivative. When you act autonomous it seems LARPy and sad. Not your problem personally. Blame your peers.

So what do you expect me to do? Force myself to conform just because you find it LARPy and sad?

The only lesson I learn is people are going to be critical no matter what so I shouldn't care who I trigger or hurt.

Exactly. So come here and shitpost and have fun and be you IRL. Don’t complain about it.

I complain because everyone wants to force me to be the same. All it does is make me angry and resentful.

>whiney bitch nigger whines

Other generations aren't treated badly when they're individualistic. Only Millennials are and other Millennials also treat Millennials badly for being individualistic too. Why shouldn't I be full of resentment?

There is a difference between being individualistic and being annoying. Millennials seem to be unaware that there were other generations before them doing the same shit they do now. Then there is the fact that you think you are individualistic but you still conform to standards set by your peers.

>force myself to Conform
Jesus Christ, I'm fucking embarrassed I'm your peer.
Faggot, nobody "conforms" to shit, people have responsibilities that they need to address in life. What you're lacking is a purpose in life.
You think there's a status quo you must conform to because you have no passion for what you do.
I'm 22, I own my own business, and nobody forced me to conform to shit
Society isnt broken, you faggots are
Neck yourself

I don't care about my peers or their standards though. My peers also do the same criticisms of the special snowflake thing.

Nobody is forcing you to be the same, you can do fuck all and nobody will give a shit that's when you bitch that nobody is paying attention to you so you pull the victim card, record it, get picked up by some famous motherfucker who prances around with your angst, builds a fanbase, the news picks it up, the liberals rally for it and when they get into office due to virtue signaling and manipulating other 'opressed' minorities they force everyone to be just like you.

If nobody truly gives a shit what's with all the snarky comments and rudeness? Then they claim to not care so you look like you're not fighting a real ideological battle.

>I don't care about my peers or their standards
Wrong, you do care. That is why you are here. It is a normal instinct to want to be accepted by the crowd, it is what guarantees your survival. It is nature to want to be accepted. If you didn't care you wouldn't be here right now wanting our approval. You are on the fence about what group you want to be accepted by, either by us or a competing group.

I hate the crowd though. This is why I don't care if I trigger them to death.

It's not what guarantees my survival. If you have other people in your life it doesn't matter what the majority thinks of you.

I'm here because I want to figure out the LOGIC of this anti individualist mentality. If I have to give up my freedom and individuality to be accepted by the group I choose acceptance by no one if I have to.

The fuck is this, are you in middle school? Welcome to the real world, faggot. Nobody gives a shit about your inner strife. Everyone has problems, and everyone deals with them. Why the fuck should I pity you for being to fucking inept to find a goal in life to work towards? You're literally nothing- just some dumb kid, and I'm probably the same age as you.

I understand this is how the real world exists though. This is why I hate it so much.

You're miserable because you haven't found the joy of working. Sounds like your still in school.
Well, do what I did.
Take a risk.
Make life difficult.
Jumpstart your system to a sink or swim scenario, but make sure it's for something that you are passionate for.
The key to happiness is to feel like the work you do means something

Being forced into conformity happens in the workplace, school, everywhere.

The Millennial generation is the "hero" generation, the generation that destroys the old and builds the new. It's understandable that older generations want to limit and stifle this impulse.

But I don't want to build the new that my generation wants. I want something totally different. Many of the things they are backlashing against from older generations are things I want to keep and many of the things they want to keep from older generations I want to destroy.

What should I do if my beliefs are totally outnumbered?

Don’t overthink it. You’re just a pup. You’ll find out who you are soon enough. Fuck what other people think. You’d be amazed how little people think of you. Don’t take on the burden of your generation. Just do your thing. Every gen has their cliches. I’m gen x. Back in 1992 I was “expected” to be a slacker and grunge dude with no future, filled with angst and voting left wing. I was pissed like you as well. Rite of passage dude.

The snarky comments and rudeness comes when the ideology is being forced down our throats. If you were trans I'm sure 99% of people wouldn't care but when you start shoving your trans-ness in peoples faces, demanding respect, making a big scene about which bathroom you use and pass laws that get people arrested for not using your preferred pronouns THAT'S when we have a problem.

They hate freedom

>Workplace
L O L
You're talking to the wrong guy, I started my own business. I couldn't find an opportunity so I rolled my own. It's small, doesn't make much money, but I work my ass off to do the best work I can for my clients, and I love every minute of it.

I gave you legitimate advice as a peer who has had the opposite experience than you have described, and you brushed it aside because you're absolutely convinced that you aren't the problem

Just reflect on that. Look at shit from a different angle. Don't assume you know all the fucking options available.

I don't do any of this but because of ideology being shoved down people's throats people get triggeered the second I am the least bit different. I'm a casualty so I feel resentful.

>Why does everyone get triggered if a Millennial is Individualistic or Unique?
Because they're trying to hard to be a fucking snowflake so their own lives and everyone who has to support their poor selfish decisions suffer.

t. millennial.

>But I don't want to build the new that my generation wants
That's fine, influence people in the direction you want them to go if you are so inclined.
>Many of the things they are backlashing against from older generations are things I want to keep and many of the things they want to keep from older generations I want to destroy.
Then explain why you want to keep the things you want to keep and destroy the things you want to destroy. If your words are based in truth, you will appeal to people who can understand truth. If your words are based on fear, you will only appeal to those who are afraid. If your words are based on gaining power, you will only appeal to those who want power, etc.
>What should I do if my beliefs are totally outnumbered?
Convince your family, convince your friends, convince your community. That's how a movement starts. Pic related is relevant to convincing others.

Because they have a preset culture or these fancy things called rules that the wish to be followed.

Yes and this is what made me resent most big groups.

>my uniqueness and individuality
how egotistical.

>Why does everyone get triggered if a Millennial is Individualistic or Unique?

I've seen more unicorns than either of those.

Jokes on you, hard to be annoying when you spend all your free time alone at home

Will I have to wait until I'm older to change things? This happened to the misfits of the GI and early Silent Generation. They were outcasts of their own generation but lauded by future ones.

>Hur dur nobodies treated hippies or punks badly for being different.

Grow up faggot, everyone that is different in any way is treated differently by the norm, it's the way society works, and has always worked.

>derivative.

Nailed it. Zero creativity.

You might not do it but others do and that's a problem. What you are promoting must be extremely disruptive if people are getting triggered all around you.
What are you trying to promote anyway?

Shitlennials really the worst generation holy fuck.

>Will I have to wait until I'm older to change things?
Not if you know how to speak to people's needs, their desires, their anxieties, and their fears.

>I'm a casualty
RIP

And I feel no guilt. How does it feel that I'm guiltless and shameless?

Is it normal for someone in a hero generation to not want to be the casualty of the majority? I don't want to sacrifice myself to the crowd. Is it normal to place yourself above the majority because the majority's wants are often hostile to yours?

If you worry about yourself or others being too expressive or 'special', chances are you might be in an environment which gives too much attention to others for small jobs.

Rather than picking on the person, change the environment if possible to be more uniform or encourage cohesiveness.

Normal
Social media has warped your brain into believing people care about each other in society.
The only people who care about you are friends and family
I could care less if you suck started a shotgun

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

Interesting chart. I've always been a solid ENTJ, but feel I'm moving toward INTJ, and I'm a practicing stoic. So this anecdotally appears valid.

I'm INFJ. Does this explain a lot?

I've noticed that anyone who verbalizes they are unique never is. They are usually just fucking things up so they say they are unique to clear their dissonance. Everyone is the same, we are just defined by their actions and what they produce. Results do the speaking.

A-a-user, I don't want to experiment, take a risk or control of my own life. Answer all of my questions so I don't have to live life on my own. You sound pathetic and underage.

But even if you don't verbalize it people still treat you this way.

I dunno, like you're a tremendous faggot I guess.

>my uniqueness and individuality

You're not nearly as unique as you think you are, faggot.

>Is it normal for someone in a hero generation to not want to be the casualty of the majority?
Absolutely, the hero is the individuated self-actualized whole person, his decisions should NEVER be based on what a majority of people think or on majority values, even though they may align, they should be based on his assurance that his principles and values are correct and optimal for the level of society that he wants to optimize for (individual, family, community, state, nation, world; whites, Americans, humans, living things).
>I don't want to sacrifice myself to the crowd.
Don't. But a word of advice, especially in regards to Sup Forums is to always process the facts without a filter, but to judge harshly the inferences and implications that would be made based on that information as based on your moral values and the way you believe society OUGHT to be, not necessarily how it is, many on Sup Forums fall prey to the naturalistic fallacy.
>Is it normal to place yourself above the majority because the majority's wants are often hostile to yours?
Yes, this is partially why I'm not in favor of democracy. The primary reason is because the crowd is always ignoble, whereas an individual or group might be noble. Representative democracies are a step up, but they degenerate into plutocracies.
I'm INFJ as well, though I believe the ideal person does not need to strongly identify with any type.
I understand that you're trying to find the truth, trying to find what is best, what is optimal, I do it too. I'll give you some things to read, you can read them or not, but I'll say that they might help you determine where you want to align yourself on these philosophical issues. I disagree strongly with some of them, and I agree wholeheartedly with some of them
orgyofthewill.net
mundusmillennialis.com
unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/
mpcdot.com
aryanism.net
also look into Jungian psychology, individuation, anima/animus, etc
Think for yourself, good luck

Like for example. I value a lot of libertarian concepts. I understand that many will misuse freedom but to me a lack of freedom is far worse because I value people's ability to choose for themselves. Even if most people made the wrong decisions I'd still support it for my own freedom and autonomy.

Cuz you're really not unique, you're just a stupid naive faggot with lots of Facebook friends.

But you wouldn't say that to someone in any other age group

Agreed, it's the same when whores say they're 'classy' nah , they're still just whores.

No they're not, they're repainting the same wall with a different color and then demanding everyone agree it's a new wall...

No cuz only millinials give a shit about Facebook or their fake friends

>So what do you expect me to do? Force myself to conform just because you find it LARPy and sad?

Tell me how you are so unique first. Can you life a ton? Can you turn a mile in 3 minutes. Can you solve partial differently equations in your head? Do you have a unique spiritual or moral insight into anything? Do you write interesting literature? Do you compose unique music?

Exactly why do you think you are unique.

its simple.

you arent unique, there are millions of you all with the same retarded views, stupid hobbies and idiotic "fashion choices"

you are no more special or unique as any other generations, perhaps if you worked on actually having a unique personality i might give a shit, but right now you are more conformist than my parents were.

"individuality"

>I value a lot of libertarian concepts
I value freedom (though I might define it differently), but not many of the other things libertarians tend to value. I think capitalism's goals and purpose is fundamentally hedonistic which I disagree with; I think there are more important things in life. I support a government that is as large as necessary to complete the purpose of the government. If there is not a purpose for the government, it should not exist, or it should be given one.
>I understand that many will misuse freedom but to me a lack of freedom is far worse because I value people's ability to choose for themselves. Even if most people made the wrong decisions I'd still support it for my own freedom and autonomy.
I don't consider freedom to be choice, I consider freedom to be defiance to those who seek to make you obey. You can be given all the choices in the world and still be a slave.
>No they're not
It's the claim by those who study generational theory, whether you believe it's accurate or not is another question.
>they're repainting the same wall with a different color and then demanding everyone agree it's a new wall...
Most of them are, and some are not. It has almost always been the individual personality that caused great cultural shifts, and we have yet to see what new ideas the individuals from the millennial generation will bring to the public.

>uniqueness and individuality
You think too much of yourself, kid. You and your peer-group belong to one of histories most monotonous generations. Millennials are the second most vapid, uninteresting, and TOXIC peoples on planet earth, next to boomers.

I do work on having a unique personality but others will still judge me. I'm not conformist and my peers shit on me for it and other generations judge me for it. Do you blame me for feeling resentful?

And I don't feel group guilt

>Yeah I know you are rebelling against the you are special meme but just because I was caught up and born in this time doesn't mean I have no right to embrace my uniqueness and individuality.
>No other generation is treated as bad when they are unique or individualistic. I think it's part of an attempt to mold Millennials into this uniform collectivist blob.

because they're automatically burdens. the vast majority of 'unique' people are just useless. a belief in individualism just makes them loud and in the way.

no other generation is so disconnected from reality as to demand the tolerance, approval and subsidy of the same collective whose characteristics they reject.

tl;dr kys

Goddamn drama queens.

I hate millennials, and I fuck one every day.

>duddee xddd im so unique
>lol i make crazzyyy faces loooll
>hahaha i share MEMES on my facebook
>I embrace my INNER CHILD and still play VIDEO GAME
>loll i color my hair, nobody else colors their hair IM UNIQUE

Trying to be a unique special faggot is just being conformist. Everyone fucking does it and if you do that shit, you're a faggot.

There's nothing wrong with finding your own way and coming to your own conclusions. What wrong is fetishizing this belief in how fucking special you are.

yes i blame you.

i suspect there is nothing unique about you and thats why you are crying like a toddler on a laotian origami website.

>
>Really? The "You are a special snowflake" and "YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL" mentality is everywhere. People also target Millennials for it, not only their own generation but older generations too.

because you're not. depending on your ethnic makeup, you probably cluster as 1 in 70-80 phenotypes. literal snowflakes got you beat by quite a margin.

nearly everything you can ever think is a meme that you're more or less receptive to because of your biology, even your egotistic attempts at being unique.

Also if you have to work to give yourself a unique personality and actually put effort into it instead of just naturally not being the same as everyone else, you're a fucking normalfag who hates himself and should just go back to being a normalfag.

>
>So what do you expect me to do? Force myself to conform just because you find it LARPy and sad?
>The only lesson I learn is people are going to be critical no matter what so I shouldn't care who I trigger or hurt.

here's a thought, bright guy. CHOOSE a group to conform to. then reap the benefits of earning its members' approval of that conformity.

I thought you were just fucking with the boomer in the other thread.
Are you truly this vapid and vain?

>
>I complain because everyone wants to force me to be the same. All it does is make me angry and resentful.

that's because your incessant rejection of others leaves you alone and alienated. this should be obvious.

>
>Other generations aren't treated badly when they're individualistic. Only Millennials are and other Millennials also treat Millennials badly for being individualistic too. Why shouldn't I be full of resentment?

ya, they grew up.

because resentment is pointless self-destruction

Well so long as it's not a ridiculous beard or ton of over priced tattoos .. or being proud of the way that you get anxious if a bird farts 1 mile away I'm fine with it.

Or form my own group and have me and its members as us against the world.

Theyre all cowards who are jealous we can still save ourselves so they try and drag us down with them.

>22
>own a business

walk me through exactly what you did to get there like I'm a child

>
>I hate the crowd though. This is why I don't care if I trigger them to death.
>It's not what guarantees my survival. If you have other people in your life it doesn't matter what the majority thinks of you.
>I'm here because I want to figure out the LOGIC of this anti individualist mentality. If I have to give up my freedom and individuality to be accepted by the group I choose acceptance by no one if I have to.

you really might as well neck yourself. the answer to your question lies in ALL of social science. you are either socially determined, biologically determined or both. you are genes experiencing memes. you will never be an individual.

> (You)
>Or form my own group and have me and its members as us against the world.

you probably won't be able to maintain it if you aren't first able to exist as a functioning member of a group outside of it

My group will be comprised of nonfunctioning people outside of the group. It will be complete outcasts.

> I'm gonna make a difference and be an individual
> every young adult ever

People criticising you did exactly the same when they were your age.
They have become older and wiser now and look down upon false, immature individualism.
Millennials have made a cult of being an individual (like millions of others). This is dumb and annoying.

Then why don't I feel these arbitrary connections others want to make me feel?