Will we ever see another SoL that surpasses Akage no Anne?

Will we ever see another SoL that surpasses Akage no Anne?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S5qJXYNNINo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Highly unlikely. Most are too concerned with moeshit and ecchi to be better than average.

When you realize that the Americans introduced Japan to the four girls doing cute things genre.

Also

>character developement
>American (Japanese) cold

RIP Beth.

The next time Japan decides to adapt actual literature, ie never.

When was the last time an actual book was adapted into anime? I can't even remember.

Ronja the Robber's Daughter

can't believe i got a 19th century american novel spoiled on fucking Sup Forums

>Ronja the Robber's Daughter

I don't know how this escaped my notice, thanks. I'd prefer shows instead since they tend to do books more justice, but I'll take what I can get.

By "actual book," do you mean Western? Because there are multiple non-light novels being adapted this season.

> I'd prefer shows instead
You mean movies? Because Ronja was a show.

We have, plenty of fucking times. You people just don't remember it.
I read Anne of the Green Gables back when I was 11 years old. I wasn't impressed.
I watched Haibane Renmei when I was 18 years old. I cried while watching it.
Why would an anime adaptation of a kids' novel be any better than the original work? If anything, experience tells me it'll be full of melodrama and shitty writing.

As she grows, Beth begins to realize that her time with her loved ones is coming to an end. Finally, the family accepts that Beth will not live much longer. They make a special room for her, filled with all the things she loves best: her kittens, piano, Father's books, Amy's sketches, and her beloved dolls. She is never idle; she knits and sews things for the children who pass by on their way to and from school. But eventually she puts down her sewing needle, saying it grew "heavy." Beth's final sickness has a strong effect on her sisters, especially Jo, who resolves to live her life with more consideration and care for everyone. The main loss during Little Women is the death of beloved Beth. Her "self-sacrifice" is ultimately the greatest in the novel. She gives up her life knowing that it has had only private, domestic meaning

>You mean movies? Because Ronja was a show.

I shouldn't post when I'm drinking.

This is actually one of the things that keeps me from watching a lot of WMTs- I have memories of the live-action shows for many of them being really dull.

youtube.com/watch?v=S5qJXYNNINo

>11 years old
Of course the story would fall flat to an 11 year old, you haven't had the experiences necessarily for the story to resonate.

coming of age ≠ slice of life

>tfw I got the novel and have been procrastinating on reading it
>tfw I read that comment

Guess I have only myself to blame.

We should reduce Western novels to Japanese anime and manga tropes more often.

Holy shit. I wonder how it is doing on Netflix. Seems like a good production.

wich ann wuld u fuk