Why did Maid Dragon flop again?

Why did Maid Dragon flop again?

Other urls found in this thread:

nhentai.net/g/196906/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It didn't, now stop making this thread.

Who?

Dunno, it was universally liked by everyone that watched it. Most likely due to Konosuba steamrolling everything else last season.

Because if boob jokes are all a show has going for it, the novelty quickly wears off.

Because Tooru was a failure of a character with too much screentime.
Give anyone else more screentime and the sales figures would skyrocket.

It didn't flop, it did very average.

I just didn't expect people to stop giving a shit about it on Sup Forums so quickly.

Painfully unfunny, extremely repetitive (thus predictable), bland characters and all the anime originals suck, so this is the first kyoani since forever in which the source is vastly superior.

They fucked hard, so the flop is deserved.

>Painfully unfunny, extremely repetitive (thus predictable), bland characters
Dude that's like most anime

Maybe the Japanese take offense to propaganda that tries to get them to start families.

Dragonmaid made me want to reproduce.

Does anyone want to reproduce with me?

Because kyoani stuffed a lot of drama into a comedy series.

Fuck, this is a good point

>constant boob jokes
>most characters have one and only one emotion or reaction
>annoying voices
>all "bad" characters are way too flamboyant in how evil they are
>cliche characters

Still liked it though

Kanna was without a doubt the most overrated girl I've seen in a long time, and we live in the age of Konosuba and re: zero.

>Does anyone want to reproduce with me?
Are you a cute asian girl?

>3,817 vol 1 sales
Objectively not a flop for a studio operating under average budgets. KyoAni operates under below average budgets.
Look, ma, I'm posting in an IRC thread.

/thread

Just say Megumin and Rem and don't lump the other characters with them.

We also have Sagiri this season, she's very overrateD.

It wasn't good.

There are no other characters.

I'm a cute black girl is that good enough?

The anime made me want to be a maid
Fugging maid propaganda

>black
If you're old enough to post here you should already have a family
Surely you're not some basement dweller LARPing though, right?

Sure, I'd knock up a cute black girl. You'd cosplay as Kanna for me, right?

Are you a girl(male)?

it wasnt kemono firends

Wow, is this really the state of Maid Dragon threads now?

This is the supposed "Anime of the Season"? Haha what a joke. It's barely been 3 months and I rarely even see the name mentioned anymore.

When will KyoAni tards learn.

It didn't flop in China. So far it's the most popular anime of the year over there.

>China
pfffhahahaha

it's trash

It didn't, it averaged almost 4k per volume which isn't bad at all.

>dismissing the most populous country in the world

>hentai features sex
>sex causes reproduction
>hentai is propaganda to start families

nhentai.net/g/196906/ NSFW

How black we taking about? Please be delicious brown.

Too top-heavy. If all those choragons weren't overloaded they could have stayed vertical or maybe even left the ground.

>It flopped

It didn't though. But it wasn't a success either.

Kanna is so cute

>kirby noises

I'm pretty sure only Konosuba and Tanya beat it in terms of ratings and/or sales.

Yeah. That's not applicable here, though so stay on topic.

Boring besides Lucoa's tits & doesn't look like a KyoAni show

takemotoshit can't do anything other than unfunny repetitive jokes. Also his endings are all subpar.

Absolutely.

yes

>nhentai
>doesn't look like a KyoAni show
Maybe if you're a fucking idiot. The way it's animated, the only thing KyoAni shows have in common, epic same-face meme be damned, is obviously KyoAni and only KyoAni's doing.

I almost finished it tonight, on episode 10. Not too bad honestly. It's your run of the mill slice of life, didn't expect it to be Eva by any means.

I loved the voices.

It's just kind of generic beyond the art style, I still enjoyed it though, every kyoani show I've watched has been worth the watch on some level.

Right, the artstyle really is the show's strong point.

Please be my black weeb gf

These.
Just a bad show overall, I've no idea what the fuck went wrong with the planning.

That's not Konosuba

>It's just kind of generic

then why is ero-manga sensei a top seller

The relationships are too one sided, Tohru is presented as both having genuine feelings for Kobayashi and just being a turbo dyke rapist for jokes.

If it wanted to be just a gag series having the relationships be one sided would be fine but too much time is spent making them actual characters so it's hard to enjoy it as just "cute girls doing cute things (lewd edition)"

she will surrender

user after all those times they supposedly had a sexual encounter Kobayashi still plainly considers herself a virgin and not particularly attracted to Tohru. It's one of the few things not played for jokes.

/thread

Because it's shit. You can adapt shit extremely well and at the end you'll just a nice looking pile of shit

So what non shit show is your favourite?

where the heck is the merch?

i need a lucoa nendo or prize figure

It didn't and nothing wrong about Kobayashi. This was a pretty good show.
What a retarded thread.

It was just boring after a few episodes, could've easily predicted literally every joke and every "reaction". After reading the manga afterwards, I felt sorry for the ones who read it beforehand, they don't deserve this terrible adaptation.

It's trashy pandering shit that the audience exactly wants. MDs butchers all the pandering in the manga so it fell flat.

The anime is better than the manga desu senpai.

because of anime original material

FAT LOLI

All the Kannaposting here ruined her for me.

Based elevens can see through government propaganda trying to get them to start families.

But MC isn't male

The series doesn't have much else going for it.

It's not a good comedy because they repeat jokes or you can see the punchline coming from a mile away.

It's not a good romance because except for a couple pages out of 40+ chapters Tohru just wants to fuck Kobayashi and doesn't have legitimate feelings for her. On top of Kobayashi not having genuine interest in anyone.

It's not good ecchi because the actually lewd scenes or nudity are few and far between and it's usually just inferred via dialogue.

It's not good slice of life because characters are reduced to their base archetype for gags too often.

it's an okay series but just okay. Wakaranai Ken is his better work because it's much faster paced so the problems are easily ignored.

This is my stereotype if someone says she is a black girl

The anime is a forgettable embarrassment.

the manga is worse

That's what happens when the fanbase are entirely made up of facebook memefucks.

It's a shame about the adaption too because the manga is kind of going places right now even despite the lingering smattering of one-shot joke chapters with a more-or-less status-quo ending.

meme show

How is it a meme show? Just curious.

tooru is for anal paizuri

Best chorogon is for marriage.

Tohru was cute and the contrast between her excitement and Kannas low energy was nice
Kobayashi
Everyone was a one note character tho which sucked
I really enjoyed the aesthetics and everything was so colorful but it ended up being very forgettable