Kino no Tabi

Looks like the new Kino adaptation is being done by Lerche and airs in Fall.

twitter.com/kinonotabianime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRqBGrEmWpM
kinonotabi-anime.com/
myanimelist.net/people/7676/Ryoko_Amisaki
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6NpLKhUDnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pLjT89nANvU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sequel or reboot?

Still nothing I guess

I think it's a sequel.

Just realizing that the stamps behind Kino show Ti and young Shissou, looks like we'll be seeing them in the new adaptation

While the director doesn't warrant much excitement. It isn't a series that needs anyone flashy long as it can adapt the source material well. Lerche's in-house art style is great and they aren't a bad studio. If a nobody studio could make a classic, granted under an extremely talented director, then I believe this has no reason to fail.

A fall series. Wow fall is packed.

I don't like Saitou Souma. He sounds way too ikemen for bike.
youtube.com/watch?v=dRqBGrEmWpM

I don't mind it although I can see why some would. It's pretty different different take on the character but I think it captures Hermes cheerful but detached attitude well.

I'm happy to see that the anime is going to use the art style of the current LNs. I like it a lot.

RIP potato/scanline Kino. I actually liked how different the style in the old adaptation was, but I'm glad to see something closer to modern LN Kino art wise for this adaptation.

>Lerche
Into the trash it goes

Good we dont need shitposters in Kino threads

While having a visual like this might be a reason to assume they'll try to keep it closer to the current novel designs, it's worth noting this isn't the anime design. It's just an illustration by the novel artist. We haven't seen what the adapted designs look like yet.

I wish Kino was my boyfriend.

Oh my god, that's so soon.

But Kino is a girl. A very cute and attractive girl.

After all these years?

Man i am really skeptical about this. Nakamura's directing style really fit the overall weirdness of the stories.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get something similar to the shaft movie for designs.

Chara designer is Kuroboshi (the LN artist)
That alone will keep me hard until it airs

Attractive girls make the best boys.

kinonotabi-anime.com/

Yes after all these years.

But a girl cannot be a boy.

Well Kino exists.

Kuroboshi is only listed as original character designer. The guy listed as doing the designs for the new anime is myanimelist.net/people/7676/Ryoko_Amisaki

Ah I see, you're right.
Selective reading at its finest.

Hopefully he stays true to Kuroboshi's art style.

>Fall
I am so happy.

>nobody studio
Not really the studio behind the previous show was founded by members of Triangle Staff who worked on shows like Lain and Macross Plus which is probably how Nakamura ended up working on the project he already knew people there. Triangle Staff itself was formed by ex-Madhouse employees.

She has no penis. What boy has no penis?

We are fucked.

Director of Lain was behind original Kino series.

This one has director of Persona 4 the Golden Animation
Although, Persona 3 Winter of Rebirth was quite good

>Not Shaft
Well there goes all my hopes and dreams

Damn, Fall is going to be massive.

Something thats bothering me is that Shinbo is one of the main backers of Egg Firm. Both this and UQ holder were anime his studio worked on. I think there is some behind the scenes stuff going on.

But i am disappointed as well.

I don't know user, it's fairly amusing that the P4G anime is a canon NG+. Makes sense though since the whole point was just animating the Golden exclusive content.

>memeoi
ugh

>Lerche
Not the best choice IMO

It's the worst choice possible.

They made Carnival Phantasm, so there's still hope. Who's the director again?

Not really. They've done plenty of good shows.

Is Kino kino?

The same director as Carnival Phantasm actually.

Tomohisa Taguchi

that doesnt matter. What matters is the director who will handle this show

Hey, it could've been A1 pictures. I don't think Lerche are that bad.

The animosity for both of those studios is overstated and the faggots that force it are the same Sup Forumsermin who tried to start studio wars with bait threads

At least it won't be as bad as Berserk 2017

Not trying to start studio wars here. I just dislike Lerche, the decline in animation quality as season passes in their shit is painfully transparent and I still remember Danganronpa 3.

They were doing 2 Danganronpa anime at the same time in that season, looks like that was too much for them to handle. Lerche did have some consistently well animated series, so I'm not too worried about it.

Blame Kohacka for DR3. The hack admitted that he wrote the thing starting from Hope arc and how to get there from the premise.
If you're talking about QUALITY issues, that's the result of having to do both Future and Despair arcs at the same time

>animated Jinrui
They're cool with me. Here's hoping for the best!

Lerche really isn't that bad, it could be much worse.

maybe she implying imagines Kino has a masculine vagoo

Will we get old kino?

>Aoi had a main character role in all seasons this year except Spring (Tanya, Hibiki/Yoshiko, Kino)
How do we stop her?

RIP Kino's Kino's

Why Aoi Yuuki as Kino? Fuck, I'd rather to hear some shitty idol slut.

Because she had her first role in the last episode of the original series and because the author of the novels wanted her to voice Kino.

I think she sounds good

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6NpLKhUDnQ

Fuck off. Lerche isn't great but there are far worse choices. Most of the bad stuff is due to the source-material being shit anyway.

I like Aoi Yuuki a lot but I really can't see her as Kino. Too cutesy sounding.

Sounds good to me.

I'm hoping for a readaptation. Been thinking of picking it up but now I'm going to wait for it to air to see if it starts from the beginning. New/closer to LNs animation and no gecko endings will help a lot.

nigga look up her as clementine from overlord

There is a god I guess.

Holy shit, I've been waiting a decade for this. I am literally ecstatic.

>studio and director who made Jinrui
gonna be nice

C G I
G
I

Jinrui was directed by Seiji Kishi and animated by AIC ASTA.

Why did they replace the original Seiyuu, anyway?

N O
O

Kino's actress wasn't even a seiyuu to being with and she is retired.

CGI Hermes

fuck off

She really was great as Kino. Her singing voice is beautiful too.

youtube.com/watch?v=pLjT89nANvU

Well I'm hype as fuck, maybe I'll force it on my pleb friends who thought the first series was boring.

Is this a reboot?

What would be the point of a reboot? There are already too many great stories to choose from.

It's been years since the last adaptation

will the dub be better than the sub yet again?

>will the dub be better than the sub yet again?

ADV made some rather interesting liberal interpretations of the dub

Kino sounded more older female and Hermes had a raspy female voice instead

I loved the voice for Hermes in the dub desu

Same.

>Friends

By songs Aoi Yuuki does better but no way she will sound as good as old Kino.

What if she comes back in the new anime as shishou

I love Kino.

They'll get Futurama Hermes to voice Hermes this time around.

>Lerche
So it's going to be good at the beginning then be disappointing near the end.

>readaptation
I'd rather they just adapt some of the newer stories, maybe even Master's, Shizu's and that other protagonist (the girl with the moped and camera). The chapters where Kino's happy are the best are silly and the LN itself isn't always as sombre or as philosophical as the anime makes the series out to be.

Maybe.

This Kino art is fantastic. Need more.

what am i looking at here, some sort of motion comic

when gakuen kino

Kino is probably the only anime where I'm not sure if I like the dub or sub better

Gakuen Kino's just a really energetic, gluttonous cute school girl with an ahoge and a talking phone strap. Best magical girl.

>dbz
>cowboy bebop

they are rare, but some dubs are undeniably better

>stacked Kino
She's past the age where people stop growing. She's stuck being F L A T forever.